kichilron

Exp Update: 0.58 + Hot Fix.

I believe they are bugs ..  I've seen them before. Can't you make bug spray or weed killer from the disinfectant spray? I thought I read something about that.

Not sure if that's working yet because of the barrels being all screwed up but I'm pretty sure this is a visual cue to apply pesticide if it were available. All three plants are about the same stage of development but the one with spots in the middle was spoiled and the other 2 were fine. I usually grow extra planning for spoilage but when I saw this weird one I was pretty sure it would be bad and it was, never noticed it before but can't say it's new either.  

Yep, they are bugs. You can actually get bugs on farm plants now and they will spoil out. Kinda annoying since I don't want to go into town right now specifically for stuff to fix this.

Yep, they are bugs. You can actually get bugs on farm plants now and they will spoil out. Kinda annoying since I don't want to go into town right now specifically for stuff to fix this.

Considering you get 20 seed from even a spoiled pumpkin and you can grow them with pond water it's kind of a non issue. I had enough room in my bag for 4 sliced pumpkins but I grew 6 just in case. I always carry 2 bottles just in case I'm not near a well so I can use pumpkins to get hydrated from pond water.

• Like 3

For the ones who are interested, since no one gave me a mine I finally found one myself. As I already mentioned I was willing to sacrifice myself for science, so I did.

It is possible to disarm a mine but be extremely careful.

• Like 6

For the ones who are interested, since no one gave me a mine I finally found one myself. As I already mentioned I was willing to sacrifice myself for science, so I did.

Good to know, what condition was the mine?

You're a real sport!

Thanks!!!

I seem to have read somewhere that people were having problems collecting stone... so I went and tried this for myself. I've been running all over the place for stone formations, stone cliffs, random rocks and through it all I can't mine stone. Did the tool change or something? I have a pick but the option isn't coming up when I look at rocks, only that I can make a garden plot. Gonna go get a different pick and see what happens.

Update : Ok I figured it out, makes no sense but I figured it out. You can only mine the little boulders that are in the ground, not the massive cliff walls of stone :p

Edited by Tandwan

So, went out to my favorite place to find military loot which I thought was out of the way to find that barracks hoppers have been hard at work. That's ok, i'll wait right here for them to come back. Never ceases to amaze me how even on experimental we have people who are so obsessed with finding high end gear that they go from server to server like vultures till they have it.

Nevermind, i'll just leave this PSA!

Dear people are barracks hopping at the northern military complex kinda near Novo. I left a landmine inside the barracks, good luck figuring out which one :D Signed, me. Much love.

Edited by Tandwan
  • Like 5

Don't know why this hasn't happened yet. I don't think I've ever been a vehicle, big or small, where 30% of your view looking straight ahead is obscured like that.

Bug trucks are Luke that in arma 2 as well do it might be a "feature".

ARMA 3 trucks do have functional mirrors though, and much better handling. The camera is similar but standalone trucks are poor by comparison.

LazyMessyIndianrhinoceros.gifAltruisticElasticAfricanpiedkingfisher.g

• Like 2

Not to steal IMT's thunder but I just happend to find a pristine mine at a boat looking for netting a short distance from where I'd left the kids character. If anyone wanted to see how this looks in practice here you go.

I didn't think to check the condition after I picked it back up to see if it degraded and it also had a ghost version on the ground after being picked back up.

ARMA 3 trucks do have functional mirrors though, and much better handling. The camera is similar but standalone trucks are poor by comparison.

Could definitely stand to bring it down six inches to a foot even.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/438323734770652902/A8FE13318DC7CA40C29090814B8CC9134CA54EC2/?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-format=jpeg&output-quality=95&fit=inside|2048:364&composite-to=*,*|2048:364&background-color=black 

I seem to have read somewhere that people were having problems collecting stone... so I went and tried this for myself. I've been running all over the place for stone formations, stone cliffs, random rocks and through it all I can't mine stone. Did the tool change or something? I have a pick but the option isn't coming up when I look at rocks, only that I can make a garden plot. Gonna go get a different pick and see what happens.

Update : Ok I figured it out, makes no sense but I figured it out. You can only mine the little boulders that are in the ground, not the massive cliff walls of stone :P

I had the same issue earlier.. Was looking for stones with a pickaxe to no avail.. finally figured out you use your hands and just search for them in gravelly areas.

Which brings me to my questions/comments

1. How the hell do you make a Furnace with stones? I made a fireplace the normal way (rags+sticks), set it down, added logs to it, and tried to add the stones.. I had 8 in inventory, and tried 1, 2, 4, 6, and 8.. None of them worked.. What gives?

2. I found a wire and made a rabbit snare, and set it in the woods around my base.. No dice.. I set it 2-3 different times.. First time, I checked on it relatively quickly (within a few minutes), and it was "badly damaged".. Then it was ruined after that.. I saw no rabbit in it either time. How does this work?

3. I'm on SW01, and I have 3 Truck Batteries but no Glow Plugs.. Anyone willing to trade?

4. Are oil barrels completely fucked? I can't put anything in mine, I can't empty the fluid in it.. I can't interact with it hardly at all other than opening and closing the lid, inspecting, viewing contents, and "taking"..

• Like 1

Do you play as barabus gom?

If you see a guy walking like idgaf wearing a cowboy hat that's me and I'm a nice guy.

sometimes we stomp the same ground, I've seen your name on the list. Yes my forum name is my in game name.

I had the same issue earlier.. Was looking for stones with a pickaxe to no avail.. finally figured out you use your hands and just search for them in gravelly areas.

Which brings me to my questions/comments

1. How the hell do you make a Furnace with stones? I made a fireplace the normal way (rags+sticks), set it down, added logs to it, and tried to add the stones.. I had 8 in inventory, and tried 1, 2, 4, 6, and 8.. None of them worked.. What gives?

2. I found a wire and made a rabbit snare, and set it in the woods around my base.. No dice.. I set it 2-3 different times.. First time, I checked on it relatively quickly (within a few minutes), and it was "badly damaged".. Then it was ruined after that.. I saw no rabbit in it either time. How does this work?

3. I'm on SW01, and I have 3 Truck Batteries but no Glow Plugs.. Anyone willing to trade?

4. Are oil barrels completely fucked? I can't put anything in mine, I can't empty the fluid in it.. I can't interact with it hardly at all other than opening and closing the lid, inspecting, viewing contents, and "taking"..

1. you need the big stones for the furnace, not the small ones you can "search" for. the big once can be "mined" with an pickaxe from stones that looking out of the ground (furnace needs an stack of 8 big stones, firering an stack of 5).

2. it took exactly 10 minutes to catch/or not an rabbit. the trap will degrade with every try. after deploying the trap you have to move away from it or break the line of side (house between you and the trap).  the catched rabbits despawn after round about 17 minutes, so wait not too long.

4. oil barrels are bugged this patch, you can´t put anything in it. 

• Like 1

1. you need the big stones for the furnace, not the small ones you can "search" for. the big once can be "mined" with an pickaxe from stones that looking out of the ground (furnace needs an stack of 8 big stones, firering an stack of 5).

2. it took exactly 10 minutes to catch/or not an rabbit. the trap will degrade with every try. after deploying the trap you have to move away from it or break the line of side (house between you and the trap).  the catched rabbits despawn after round about 17 minutes, so wait not too long.

4. oil barrels are bugged this patch, you can´t put anything in it. 

1. It's impossible to get big stones from what I have seen. A pick-axe cannot currently mine stones from rocks.. 

1. It's impossible to get big stones from what I have seen. A pick-axe cannot currently mine stones from rocks.. 

Pick axe worked just fine for me. You don't mine like cliff walls and such, you're looking for little boulders that are in the ground. I walked around for 15 minutes before I found one, but they are there. The best way to describe it, it looks like a boulder that's in the ground with just the top sticking out

Pick axe worked just fine for me. You don't mine like cliff walls and such, you're looking for little boulders that are in the ground. I walked around for 15 minutes before I found one, but they are there. The best way to describe it, it looks like a boulder that's in the ground with just the top sticking out

will have to try that

Ice axe works too for mining rocks and takes up a lot less inventory.

• Like 2

Ice axe works too for mining rocks and takes up a lot less inventory.

And this works on experimental? Because the only option I am getting is to make a garden plot.. Guess I haven't found the right kind of rocks yet.. I need 8 for a furnace, correct?

Also - Any way to scroll down in a tent? Tent has more space but can't access it.

Edited by Etherimp

Can report two things:

#The hotbar is functioning a lot better now (update 4). When it had a poorly reaction in update 3 about 2/3 of the time it is now working properly nearly to 100% if not 100%. Nice one! It was so annoying and now it's such a pleasure to switch items. Top!

#Growing Zucchinis will not save your life. I growed 10 and got 7 good plants (14 Zucchinis). So far, so good. I fed my character to stuffed 3 times and all i got is a character slowering his starvation. Point is definitly: The stomach is full but the content has very little calories. And the transformation into body energy is too slow. Maybe it's intended but honestly this way farming will become even more unattractive as it was before in consideration of effectiveness. I have to mention that i don't grow much. last one was in .57 and there i growed pumpkins which are awesome if you slice them.

Good to know, what condition was the mine?

Didn't take a look at that, sorry. My guess is pristine.

Can report two things:

#The hotbar is functioning a lot better now (update 4). When it had a poorly reaction in update 3 about 2/3 of the time it is now working properly nearly to 100% if not 100%. Nice one! It was so annoying and now it's such a pleasure to switch items. Top!

#Growing Zucchinis will not save your life. I growed 10 and got 7 good plants (14 Zucchinis). So far, so good. I fed my character to stuffed 3 times and all i got is a character slowering his starvation. Point is definitly: The stomach is full but the content has very little calories. And the transformation into body energy is too slow. Maybe it's intended but honestly this way farming will become even more unattractive as it was before in consideration of effectiveness. I have to mention that i don't grow much. last one was in .57 and there i growed pumpkins which are awesome if you slice them.

Zucchini's are actually bad to get energized because they contain a lot of water and almost no calories. Try pumpkins for energy and green pepper for hydration. Edited by IMT

And this works on experimental? Because the only option I am getting is to make a garden plot.. Guess I haven't found the right kind of rocks yet.. I need 8 for a furnace, correct?

Also - Any way to scroll down in a tent? Tent has more space but can't access it.

yes, this works on experimental. took your pickaxe into your hands and look for boulders on the ground. you will find the right one. 8 for furnace, 5 for fire ring

no, there is no way to scroll down in military tents, later in the progress maybe

yes, this works on experimental. took your pickaxe into your hands and look for boulders on the ground. you will find the right one. 8 for furnace, 5 for fire ring

no, there is no way to scroll down in military tents, later in the progress maybe

The circle is actually 4 but you can use up to 7 for stone circle.

Last time I checked it worked for me (the mining part). This was 1 approximately 1 week ago.

Edited by IMT

Thanks! I found the right kind of rocks. :)