kichilron

Exp Update: 0.58 + Hot Fix.

Love the fireplaces inside homes thing , really is a great addition of attention to detail ... I'm gonna play again tomorrow and I hope to find a truck , I found a barrel but don't know any sweet dying combos to make different colors and such , I'm excited to see the next build now that I've seen .58 :)

I had a friend that could not get them to stop eating his fireplace kits.  The second one disappeared before he could get a match to it.  Any suggestions for success?

They are in there, you just cant see them. Same thing happened to me, I was picking it up and placing again and again, and finaly I just aimed blindly untill I got "egnite" option.

• Like 1

Having all sorts of grief trying to get a fireplace lit. I can craft and place the kit but it instantly disappears as soon as i go for the matches. Must have tried in at least a dozen different houses. Am i missing some sort of obvious instruction?

Hi guys,

yesterday evening I was on DE-02 near Berezino. I heard shots (as usual in Berezino:) ) and i went to check what was going on. It was dark and i saw flashes from the police station's first floor windows. I went at the first floor in a red house near the police station and kept an eye on the windows from there. Every few minutes this guy was shooting (i guess every time someone entered the police station). The fact is I didn't see him moving around the first floor not a single time in around 20 minutes. After he killed another guy someone wrote over global chat that there was a guy stuck in the wall of the police station killing people. I imagined something like you could do to in the military building at the airfield.

Is still possible to do that ? Wasn't this thing fixed already ?

Is still possible to do that ? Wasn't this thing fixed already ?

One time when I spawned into a server, I was clipping through the PD floor, so my body was halfway through it. I could walk through the PD as if there was nothing there, so I doubt it's been fixed.

Sorry if it has been posted but i don't read the whole thread:

Bug1:

Very often i have problems with handling my rifle from the back to my hands and vis versa. Sometimes i only have a ghost in my hands, sometimes only others see a ghost in my hands, sometimes nothing happens when i'd like to take the weapon into my hands (This is maybe desync what brings us to:)

Bug2:

I guess it is big desync. Sometimes i can not pick up stuff, drop stuff or interact in my gear while others can. A minute later it is possible,

Bug3:

Items droped on the ground are landing sometimes away from my position. Range from half a meter up to i guess 10 meters (around the house i was standing in front of).

Well that's just clean living.  I met two guys, gave one my UMP (I'd already played with it a bit), and the other my hunting scope (played with it a lot).  Then, the dayz gods dropped a glowplug in my lap!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=476357506

Found it on the shelves in this building:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=476358381

Well that's just clean living.  I met two guys, gave one my UMP (I'd already played with it a bit), and the other my hunting scope (played with it a lot).  Then, the dayz gods dropped a glowplug in my lap!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=476357506

Found it on the shelves in this building:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=476358381

Turn that gamma down :p

• Like 4

The fact is I didn't see him moving around the first floor not a single time in around 20 minutes.  ?

Now you know how boring the life of some of the players here has got to be. That's KOS enhanced for you :D   Kill-On-Stuck

someone found gloves or an mag for the amphibia s?

There isn't a big selection, but gloves are in.

• Like 4

Saw a few people complaining about lighting the fireplace in a house, I started doing this with al fires because it easier when my graphics are dialed back to potato. Place the fireplace then open your inventory, put the matches in your hand then you can right click and get the "ignite with match" option in your vicinity tab.

I recently had one I couldn't see in the vicinity tab and couldn't add wood to but other than that they've been working great now that rains is back and I'm constantly drenched. 

Where are umps and aks spawning. I have only found one ak and that was in a dear stand.  Lost that on server reset :-(

I haven't seen an amphibia mag.

I'm having a hard time finding a gas can now, before the one-day hive wipe I had seen a few, now not-a-one.

Also, anyone else notice that boots aren't wearing down at all?

Or maybe it's just a lucky pair o' olive jungle boots ... I've been north, south, east and west and I haven't changed them once .. still pristine

• Like 1

Saw a few people complaining about lighting the fireplace in a house, I started doing this with al fires because it easier when my graphics are dialed back to potato. Place the fireplace then open your inventory, put the matches in your hand then you can right click and get the "ignite with match" option in your vicinity tab.

I recently had one I couldn't see in the vicinity tab and couldn't add wood to but other than that they've been working great now that rains is back and I'm constantly drenched. 

The fireplaces I had tried were invisible when I originally placed them with just sticks and a rag, but after placing it I added firewood and suddenly it was visible (before being lit). Not sure what's going on.

• Like 2

The fireplaces I had tried were invisible when I originally placed them with just sticks and a rag, but after placing it I added firewood and suddenly it was visible (before being lit). Not sure what's going on.

I've got so used to doing my fire stuff through the vicinity tab I hadn't consciously noticed but now that you mention it. They are invisible when placed in the indoor stoves, I'd been having mine outside in the woods where they're hard to see through the underbrush up until now.

On a similar note are they always going to keep glowing until reset or is that a wip? I sat outside a glowing shed last night for awhile talking to the door "hello?", "anyone home?", "just looking for glow plugs" until I got the nerve to open it up and find and abandoned fire inside.

If junior wasn't at camp I'd get out there and light up a whole town right after a reset for teh lulz. 

I found a Amphibia mag in a random house last night. Still no luck on a Hunting scope though

On a similar note are they always going to keep glowing until reset or is that a wip? I sat outside a glowing shed last night for awhile talking to the door "hello?", "anyone home?", "just looking for glow plugs" until I got the nerve to open it up and find and abandoned fire inside.

I don't think that's intentional, but it's been that way for a little while now (at least since 0.56 or 0.57 hit Experimental). I'm sure the idea is to have the glowing embers stick around for a while, but certainly not for hours at a time. My opinion is that it glows a bit too brightly for just being embers as well.

• Like 3

Does anybody know what these ranked clan servers appearihng in the list of experimental servers are? They are only a couple and are all hosted by multiplay? Loving this time acceleration btw , but where are the undead ? =(

Went back in to experimental last night.  Found a battery, took it and went to the gravel pit in Sevrograd.  Put the battery and the glow plug I had in the truck and started her up.  Unfortunately truck desync is as bad or worse than ever.  It hit me twice driving through the pit to get out, I'm lucky I didn't end up sailing her off a cliff to my death.  Get out of the pit and once more hit with desync and ram straight into a tree busting up the front tires.  Gave up on the truck since you have no steerage with the front tires gone now.  Lucky for me though no damage to my bones, boots or pants.  In fact, I have the same boots I started with and they are still pristine.  I have put some serious miles on them too.

Found another tent and placed it.  It was there on reset as was every thing I had put inside it. 

Going back in.

• Like 4

I don't think that's intentional, but it's been that way for a little while now (at least since 0.56 or 0.57 hit Experimental). I'm sure the idea is to have the glowing embers stick around for a while, but certainly not for hours at a time. My opinion is that it glows a bit too brightly for just being embers as well.

The fire "blinding" you when staring directly at it is new though right? Royal pita for someone using 3 displays, if I have a fire or the moon anywhere on any of my displays everything else goes completely black. I get what they're going for but think it's a bit overdone.

Not sure if it's just me or my mismatched center screen (damn cat) but at night my periphery seems clearer and brighter just like IRL human night vision.   

Where are umps and aks spawning. I have only found one ak and that was in a dear stand.  Lost that on server reset :-(

UMPS I dunno, but I found my AK in a barracks.

Just logged in my usual server and... Tent still there and nothing gone, awwh yeah! B)

• Like 5

Just logged in my usual server and... Tent still there and nothing gone, awwh yeah! B)

Yes persistence seems to be working fine, my camp has 2 civ tents, 1 mil tent and 2 car tents.  

Each has retained all of it's stuff through numerous restarts.

Barrels are staying also, but the contents won't survive a restart.

Backpacks are good too, contents and all.

The stone fire-ring stays as well (and has an funny carry animation, kinda it looks like a hula hoop)

A few questions to add:

-I've been closing my tents, upon server restart they are all open, every mil tent window is open too but nothing is gone.  I suppose this is intentional?

-Has anyone been able to cut holes in the barrel and make the oven?  Axe, hammer, can opener and hack saw aren't cutting it  :P I guess I'll try shooting it next..

• Like 1