kichilron

Exp Update: 0.58 + Hot Fix.

It seems that fireplaces now disappear after only a few seconds. I can't even keep one around long enough to light it now :( Had two friends try it as well and had the same result. Tried BCBasher's method of looking in the inventory but the fireplace is totally gone. You can even put another in the stove and it still disappears immediately. Tried it in several different kinds of houses. Really hoping to see this fixed before 0.58 hits Stable. Anyone who has a second should upvote this on the feedback tracker (someone else started this ticket) : http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=26062

I had this happen to me Sunday afternoon. I left the server and went back in the evening, and it was alright again. I could create fireplace kits and place them in house fireplaces.

I finally managed to lit a fire in the fireplace of one of my favorite DayZ houses, and created one of my favorite screenshot at the same time. Happy night that was.  B)

dzh0t4.jpg

• Like 6

I had this happen to me Sunday afternoon. I left the server and went back in the evening, and it was alright again. I could create fireplace kits and place them in house fireplaces.

You should report these specifics with that ticket ;)

• Like 1

It seems that fireplaces now disappear after only a few seconds. I can't even keep one around long enough to light it now :( Had two friends try it as well and had the same result. Tried BCBasher's method of looking in the inventory but the fireplace is totally gone. You can even put another in the stove and it still disappears immediately. Tried it in several different kinds of houses. Really hoping to see this fixed before 0.58 hits Stable. Anyone who has a second should upvote this on the feedback tracker (someone else started this ticket) : http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=26062

I had that in the exp when the hand drill came out but only on some servers, that's gonna be a big deal with rain back.

• Like 1

So far, I haven't come across too many of the new features in .58, mainly because I haven't played on it much.

My main concern is the new UI for the inventory/containers. When I hit TAB to open up my inventory, all of the containers are collapsed. When I open them, and TAB out of the inventory view, if I hit TAB again, all of the containers are collapsed again. I hope there's some way to set my containers to always be open when I hit Tab to view my inventory, etc. I think the overall size of the inventory view could be larger as well. It doesn't have to be full screen, but definitely larger then what it is now. Although, I really don't have a problem with it being the size it is now in stable.

I do like the new, more compact server listing UI. It makes it easier to pick a server to play on. I also like the new UI for the game and video settings, etc.

My latest experiment.  It failed but that is the result I will share.

Found a Green Oil Barrel, patched it up with tape, used up one completely and a partial of another roll.  Ran down to nearest gas station, picked up a bag of fertilizer along the way.  Tried but could not fill the oil can with gasoline, tried but could not add the fertilizer to the oil can. 

Disappointed with .58 

Foo Gas Bomb is not yet possible. 

Very sad.

/sniff

• Like 3

My latest experiment.  It failed but that is the result I will share.

Found a Green Oil Barrel, patched it up with tape, used up one completely and a partial of another roll.  Ran down to nearest gas station, picked up a bag of fertilizer along the way.  Tried but could not fill the oil can with gasoline, tried but could not add the fertilizer to the oil can. 

Disappointed with .58 

Foo Gas Bomb is not yet possible. 

Very sad.

/sniff

"Oh its easy dude. You pour gas into the car using one of these funnels, right? And I count how much gas is going into the car."

1432052513-charlie.jpg

All I could think of while reading this post.

• Like 5

"Oh its easy dude. You pour gas into the car using one of these funnels, right? And I count how much gas is going into the car."

All I could think of while reading this post.

And then your post made me think of this....

• Like 3

someone found gloves or an mag for the amphibia s?

I've found gloves several times. Most likely server hoppers taking everything that can be used to survive with.

And then your post made me think of this....

Dey bow bow... Chick... Chicka Chickahhh.

• Like 1

I had some time to kill while my garden grew and night was coming so I though it'd be fun to light all of the three fireplaces in the little town shortly after a reset so they'd be lit for almost 4 hours.

Fire one I used to dry out and warm up added sticks twice left when there was 2 sticks left.

Fire two next door 1 bark and 1 stick then ran all the way across town.

Fire three 1 bark and 2 stick sticks, stuck around for a minute to dry off again.

My last fire disappeared burning so I ran back and my first fire was also gone but the second one was still lighting up the whole house. I also didn't notice the first house glowing when I ran from the second to the third but didn't think too much of it until the end.

Not sure if adding wood or at which point you do has anything to do with it, will keep trying different stuff as the evening goes on.

• Like 1

that's gonna be a big deal with rain back.

I'm not too sure about that.  In my recent experience, most servers are very warm.  I have to frequently sit down in ponds to regulate my temperature while running loot marathons of forest structures.  Even if I strip down, I only start to cool off after maybe three to five minutes of F3 sitting in the shallows.  Takes about 5 Km of running to get from hot to overheated, with frequent brief stops and quick looting activity.

I'm not too sure about that.  In my recent experience, most servers are very warm.  I have to frequently sit down in ponds to regulate my temperature while running loot marathons of forest structures.  Even if I strip down, I only start to cool off after maybe three to five minutes of F3 sitting in the shallows.  Takes about 5 Km of running to get from hot to overheated, with frequent brief stops and quick looting activity.

I've been exclusively on US SW 01 and I've been cold and wet more than anything. I have been passing on a raincoat any chance I have to get a 6-8 pocket jacket though.

• Like 1

bonus points for the use of "recalcitrant"

I admit that I had to look it up but I was sure it was out there somewhere B)

What if there were no matches in the game anymore. Were would you be then, huh? Get in a firefight, get shot but still live. Hmm I need food, let's light this fire. Damn it! My matches are ruined.

The option to create a fire in life is life saving. Embrace the hand drill kit or you're not worth this precious item. My preciousssssss.

But I'm serious, embrace it. The trees will turn against you otherwise.

I said it isn't ideal, doesn't mean I don't use it regularly in game and that I wouldn't resort to it in a survival situation.

Lol, way to take the least important part of the message out of context there champ.

Three tries, three disappearing fireplaces before I could even get my matches out. Big bout of desynchronization after.

Is that just in houses? I was soaked from rain and finally got to the point where I was really cold and so hand gathered some sticks and made a fireplace in the wild and lit it and stood there till I was dry and when I turned hot I backed up. Fireplace seemed perfectly normal.

Is that just in houses? I was soaked from rain and finally got to the point where I was really cold and so hand gathered some sticks and made a fireplace in the wild and lit it and stood there till I was dry and when I turned hot I backed up. Fireplace seemed perfectly normal.

I'm having trouble with the in house ones, just logged out by a big shed will try on the floor in there if it's still pouring rain when I log back in.

Anybody looking for a truck battery?  I found one randomly on the ground in the middle of the forest..?

I'm not too sure about that.  In my recent experience, most servers are very warm.

I had a recent server that was very hot.....lol or it was the fact that I accidentally picked up a burning fire! Took about 30 minutes of sitting in a shallow pond to cool down, but I survived my idiotic ordeal.
  • Like 1

Mines, they are definitely working.  I am the only one on the server and I managed to step on an activated one.

I had a recent server that was very hot.....lol or it was the fact that I accidentally picked up a burning fire! Took about 30 minutes of sitting in a shallow pond to cool down, but I survived my idiotic ordeal.

Asbestos pants confirmed.

Mines, they are definitely working.  I am the only one on the server and I managed to step on an activated one.

Brilliant! That sounds like something that I would do!!!

So did someone booby trap their camp, or a military barracks, or was it just random, dumb luck?

Player burned skin mesh?!

I'm starting to think that the sardines are there for balance. The fish net is now the most efficient way to produce food. So yeah, sardines will mostly be useless (unless you have many and a pan) and is probably what we'll get 90% of the time instead of mackerel.

Will put the net on my list after stone knife.

Edited by Coheed_IV

I've been exclusively on US SW 01 and I've been cold and wet more than anything. I have been passing on a raincoat any chance I have to get a 6-8 pocket jacket though.

LOL.  I was actually in that server last night at the same time as you.  Must be isolated showers on that server, because I was roasting on my way from Khelm to Dubrovka to Novy Sobor, to Mogilevka.  It was a creek sitting good time.  Might be onto something there with the desynch, because it was only after I moved to a "better" spot to sit that my temperature actually started going down.

Player burned skin mesh?!

I'm starting to think that the sardines are there for balance. The fish net is now the most efficient way to produce food. So yeah, sardines will mostly be useless (unless you have many and a pan) and is probably what we'll get 90% of the time instead of mackerel.

Will put the net on my list after stone knife.

I hate to break it to you but it will be nerfed. http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=26136

You can still fish even while it's ruined.

Edited by IMT