kichilron

Exp Update: 0.58 + Hot Fix.

Does anyone know how you can get the fish net trap to work?

And what about the small fish trap (the bottle and the worm).

How do both traps work? :)

small trap is bugged, you only catch sardines which not can prepared, so, better to make an improvised silencer out of the plastcbottle.

fishnet trap, 1 metal wire + 1 netting, catches mackerels, carps :huh:  and sardines to.

craft it, take it in hands, walk into the ocean until "deploy trap" pops up and press "F"

you don´t need an bait like in the small fish trap (earthworm).

You can sit infront of your trap with open inventory and see when an fish is catched (took only 30 seconds).

after you catched an fish, pick up the trap and deploy it again.

At this time you can feed an army witch the catched fish :D

• Like 1

small trap is bugged, you only catch sardines which not can prepared, so, better to make an improvised silencer out of the plastcbottle.

fishnet trap, 1 metal wire + 1 netting, catches mackerels, carps :huh:  and sardines to.

craft it, take it in hands, walk into the ocean until "deploy trap" pops up and press "F"

You can sit infront of your trap with open inventory and see when an fish is catched (took only 30 seconds).

It worked, thank you kind man! :)

Is it me or is there nothing or next to nothing in the prisons?  I have been in quite a few and have found them empty or near as empty ( Lucky to find more than a couple of items) the same could be said for the new guard houses (not found anything in them). I'm not expecting to find them full of good items, but Something in them would be nice. The same could be said for feed shacks.

Is it still possible to put a stone ring around the campfire?  The small stones no longer work so I assume the large (four slot) big stones do, but I cannot remember how to harvest the larger stones.

Is it still possible to put a stone ring around the campfire?  The small stones no longer work so I assume the large (four slot) big stones do, but I cannot remember how to harvest the larger stones.

Pickaxe on certain large rock formations will give you the 4 slot stones.

I'm not sure how to describe the piles that yield large rocks except to say you might need some trial and error to figure it out.

• Like 2

As I already noted in the 0.57 experimental topic, fireplaces now take 4 stones for stone ring and 8 stones for oven instead of 4 and 8 small stones. You can gather stones by using the option "Mine stone" with a pickaxe on a rock.

That's awesome, thank you for sharing this. The large traps were in 0.57 but didn't work. This is also the first I'm hearing of someone catching Mackerel. Now I need to go give this a try and update my guide(s) :)

• Like 1

That's awesome, thank you for sharing this. The large traps were in 0.57 but didn't work. This is also the first I'm hearing of someone catching Mackerel. Now I need to go give this a try and update my guide(s) :)

Just tried, they taste kinda good! :D

The fish net is bugged though, you can still catch fish while it's ruined.

Just tried, they taste kinda good! :D

The fish net is bugged though, you can still catch fish while it's ruined.

Are the Mackerel able to be prepared into fillets? Based on what I saw poking around the files in 0.57, there should be two fillets (the same as Carp).

Interesting note about the ruined trap... have you reported that yet? If not, you should ;)

Are the Mackerel able to be prepared into fillets? Based on what I saw poking around the files in 0.57, there should be two fillets (the same as Carp).

Interesting note about the ruined trap... have you reported that yet? If not, you should ;)

Will report it now. And yes, you can gut/prepare the fish with a sharp object. :)

Wasnu shared this little bit of information with us a few days ago. Seems relevant to what you're asking.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/226511-exp-update-058/?p=2282455

Will report it now. And yes, you can gut/prepare the fish with a sharp object. :)

Wasnu shared this little bit of information with us a few days ago. Seems relevant to what you're asking.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/226511-exp-update-058/?p=2282455

Thanks, both of you. I'm still getting caught up. I told myself I would read through this ENTIRE thread before I do any more playing today :p

This is also super helpful because I'm trying to get the unofficial changelog up-to-date as well. It was a mess when I got back from holiday, but it's shaping up now that I've put some time into it. Had to deal with vandalism from kids coming in and making weed jokes  :rolleyes:

• Like 5

Sorry in advance for dragging up some posts that were pages and pages back, but I'm getting caught up, so bear with me:

I had a Trumpet, loaded it with ammo, disassembled it and put it in my backpack. When I assembled it again it was unloaded and the ammo was not in my inventory. I don't know if this is the same in 57.

Have you reported this?

I have a theory that we (the users) are a big part of the experiment on experimental.  The devs want to see if what they are doing is intuitive.

You're completely correct. Every element of the experimental experience (say that ten times fast) is to be seen as entirely fluid and adaptable, and that includes the people playing it. The best part is that they often take it a step further and utilize tools like 100-man servers, various levels and scopes of internal testing, individual settings for servers (weather/etc.), and so on. They have quite an arsenal at their disposal to get any kind of feedback they could possibly want, and their number one priority is (or should be) making sure that the players aren't totally overwhelmed or confused by something that may have seemed common sense to them.

I wonder how many .58 secrets have yet to be discovered by the resourceful...

Quite a lot happened with 0.57 on a delayed timeline, including the discovery of improvised rope and the fish net trap. We also got nails (and the Nailed Baseball Bat) late in the game thanks to their ability to alter loot spawns without an update.

I have some text in my launch parameters and I added "-newui". But, I still don't see the new ui when I play exp. Does anyone have any suggestions what to have in my launch parameters to engage the newui without compromising what's already in there?

What other parameters are you using? Nearly all the legacy Arma parameters are no longer functional. If you can screenshot the text box on Steam where you enter your launch parameters that would be ideal.

SAK, on 03 Jul 2015 - 10:40 AM, said:snapback.png

I had a Trumpet, loaded it with ammo, disassembled it and put it in my backpack. When I assembled it again it was unloaded and the ammo was not in my inventory. I don't know if this is the same in 57.

Have you reported this?

No because I have been out of the game for a few months and don't know if it's a known bug, a "feature" or a new problem.

No because I have been out of the game for a few months and don't know if it's a known bug, a "feature" or a new problem.

I can't imagine that it's intentional for the ammo to simply disappear -- more likely, you shouldn't be able to disassemble it while loaded OR the ammo should simply be added as a stack to your inventory. It can't hurt to file it, and your name should be on the ticket ;)

I disssambled a Trumpet at the current stable branch and it put my ammo in my inventory. Did you have enough space and are you sure the ammo was gone (not in your inventory)? Edited by IMT

I disssambled a Trumpet at the current stable branch and it put my ammo in my inventory. Did you have enough space and are you sure the ammo was gone (not in your inventory)?

Yes I am sure the ammo was not in my inventory. I can't be 100% sure I had extra space when I put the disassembeld trumpet in my backpack, but I think I did, there was quite some time between packing it and getting it out again. Before I file the issue I will try to test again, don't want to waste the team's time :)

• Like 3

Yes I am sure the ammo was not in my inventory. I can't be 100% sure I had extra space when I put the disassembeld trumpet in my backpack, but I think I did, there was quite some time between packing it and getting it out again. Before I file the issue I will try to test again, don't want to waste the team's time :)

It puts the ammo inside your inventory the second you disassemble it. I don't know what happens if there is not enough space though.

Got a chance to do my own fishing in the sea today finally. Found some netting, crafted a fish net, and got both Sardines and Mackerel. Obviously I had to have a fish fry :)

YvCvAFi.jpg

04CqnxT.jpg

4WMcq4W.jpg

• Like 6

Got a chance to do my own fishing in the sea today finally. Found some netting, crafted a fish net, and got both Sardines and Mackerel. Obviously I had to have a fish fry :)

YvCvAFi.jpg

04CqnxT.jpg

4WMcq4W.jpg

Did the same as you but I'm looking for a frying pan or a cooking pot at the moment, want to try and cook the sardines. Unfortunately my frying pan dissapeared along with my fireplace.

I've been doing lots of bow science while waiting for the chance to get a working barrel and tent. I'm slowly piecing together some media in preparation for a bow science/guide thread. Learned how to make gifs!

Also I have now reached robin hood status:

HTb1vdv.jpg

If anyone is interested in the bow, here is a GIF which demonstrates the premise moment to release your arrow to make it fire accurately. You go into first person with your hands raised but do not "look down the iron sights" with right click as if it is a sniper rifle. Essentially the most accurate method of shooting comes from hip shooting from first or third person perspective

aDGi7tU.gif

Edited by FlimFlamm
  • Like 8

I've been doing lots of bow science while waiting for the chance to get a working barrel and tent. I'm slowly piecing together some media in preparation for a bow science/guide thread. Learned how to make gifs!

I was playing around with improvised bows a couple weeks ago. They are pretty cool, and seem to shoot pretty much to where the arrow is pointed (in 1PP mode at least).

I think I preferred shooting in 1PP mode, even though 3PP has a crosshair.

By the way, did you figure out how to add an arrowhead to the improvised arrows? I figured out the feather to sharpened stick, but couldn't figure out the stone to improvised arrow trick.

I was playing around with improvised bows a couple weeks ago. They are pretty cool, and seem to shoot pretty much to where the arrow is pointed (in 1PP mode at least).

I think I preferred shooting in 1PP mode, even though 3PP has a crosshair.

By the way, did you figure out how to add an arrowhead to the improvised arrows? I figured out the feather to sharpened stick, but couldn't figure out the stone to improvised arrow trick.

You simply add a bone to an improvised arrow!

They are bone tipped, not stone tipped :)

The thing about the arrow accuracy is that it won't go straight if you release it at the wrong time, it will go to either side, usually to the left. The real skill of archery after this bow sway mechanic is being able to make long range shots by compensating for distance by aiming higher, much like a sniper rifle with no zeroing. Bone tipped arrows fly further than regular improvised arrows, and composite arrows go even further than bone tipped, with a similar progression in damage, leading up to a one hit kill from the composite arrow. :)

• Like 3

YvCvAFi.jpg

04CqnxT.jpg

4WMcq4W.jpg

Nice.  I note with special interest your glow plug.  Ran from Severo all the way W then S to Pavlovo looking for one.  :D

You simply add a bone to an improvised arrow!

They are bone tipped, not stone tipped :)

The thing about the arrow accuracy is that it won't go straight if you release it at the wrong time, it will go to either side, usually to the left. The real skill of archery after this bow sway mechanic is being able to make long range shots by compensating for distance by aiming higher, much like a sniper rifle with no zeroing. Bone tipped arrows fly further than regular improvised arrows, and composite arrows go even further than bone tipped, with a similar progression in damage, leading up to a one hit kill from the composite arrow. :)

It's a shame the bow is quite useless. Even though it is a very silent weapon but makes it very weak because you can't move and shoot. Even against infected it is weak because you simply can not move around with it. Edited by IMT