kichilron

Exp Update: 0.58 + Hot Fix.

I noticed you two in the server that I was playing in. We should meet up, as I'm a bit paranoid about experimental servers now. Someone (horrible shot) was taking pot-shots at me up north. Anyone who KOS in exp can go straight to hell.

Glad you finally got your barrel  :P

I made a mistake and posted that improvised fertilizer is made with disinfectant + plant material, but someone on reddit corrected me, it's actually animal guts + plant material. I haven't yet seen any wildlife but I'll test it as soon as I can. Haven't gotten the chance to try it with dying or tanning yet.

After a couple days in exp, I've come to realize that 0.58 is less buggy than 0.57 (besides the optional -newui). No guns dropping from my hands when vaulting, really no problems at all.

I was wondering if that was you in the list, we're both talk first and try to walk away players. I notice allot more reasonable and allot less "good" kos players in exp but junior had some shit luck with the headpunch to gear up types trying to meet up with me a few times lately. The pot shot kosers are no problem for us, with a 500+ ping you just run like a rabbit for a few minutes.

I've got a hardon for the truck in Karmanovka right now so if you see me in the list I'll be doing something related to getting that thing moved somewhere else.

Not sure if anyone else has noticed if the batteries despawn if moved and placed on the ground?

I hid the first one I found and junior couldn't find it again a few hours after last night.  

I was wondering if that was you in the list, we're both talk first and try to walk away players. I notice allot more reasonable and allot less "good" kos players in exp but junior had some shit luck with the headpunch to gear up types trying to meet up with me a few times lately. The pot shot kosers are no problem for us, with a 500+ ping you just run like a rabbit for a few minutes.

I've got a hardon for the truck in Karmanovka right now so if you see me in the list I'll be doing something related to getting that thing moved somewhere else.

Not sure if anyone else has noticed if the batteries despawn if moved and placed on the ground?

I hid the first one I found and junior couldn't find it again a few hours after last night.  

Yep, that's me. My in-game is the same as my forum name.

I've been hovering around the truck at severo mines, removing the battery and plug every time I leave so that I don't have to find them again (Tatanko you'd better take care of my glow plug or you'll never hear the end of it).

Might start making my way towards either the tents at Stary, or the Myshkino tent city to see if I can find a vest, as those darn KoS kiddies ruined my shirt and vest when I was escaping.

Edited by tux

we did kinda take all the trucks on a couple servers and hide em... for lols

instigated the wipe

u could say we were testing persistence lol

Edited by Renigade

I didn't see any mention of it but with the -newui option the only way to drink from canteens/pet bottles is by having them in your hand.

Yep, that's me. My in-game is the same as my forum name.

I've been hovering around the truck at severo mines, removing the battery and plug every time I leave so that I don't have to find them again (Tatanko you'd better take care of my glow plug or you'll never hear the end of it).

Might start making my way towards either the tents at Stary, or the Myshkino tent city to see if I can find a vest, as those darn KoS kiddies ruined my shirt and vest when I was escaping.

The barracks north of Severograd had any flavour of vest you could want on Thursday.

The barracks north of Severograd had any flavour of vest you could want on Thursday.

Good lookin' out. I'll check on that when I get back on tonight.

So I haven't been around for a while, but why aren't there any 1pp servers? I'm getting a sick feeling that they might be toying with the idea of only 1pp/3pp servers. Please tell me I'm paranoid. :)

I'm finally back from holiday, and tonight I spent a few hours messing around. Met up with tux at one point as he already talked about a few posts back.. After that, I made my way south on foot due to the V3S's tires blowing out stuck in a tree after a restart. Found a glitched pair of refrigerators that were empty, and tried my hand at crafting fertilizer in (my first ever!) barrel. The process does work, it simply doesn't produce anything at the moment as far as I can tell; it uses 10% each of plant material and guts per attempt, and you have to wait 60 seconds before you can open the lid again once you initiate the process.

nQHi4ON.jpg

r6qKqpB.jpg

Aix41SI.jpg

biSbkWy.jpg

lpD6ZCe.jpg

o9d49OR.jpg

calru6t.jpg

bOWIUuL.jpg

• Like 9

So I haven't been around for a while, but why aren't there any 1pp servers? I'm getting a sick feeling that they might be toying with the idea of only 1pp/3pp servers. Please tell me I'm paranoid. :)

For the past few patches (maybe more, I just started getting more into experimental lately) there have only been 3PP servers. I think they are trying to get everyone to test out the new 3PP camera, so they just aren't even giving us the 1PP only servers.

-snip-

Maybe one of these days I'll have a computer that can take as beautiful of screenshots as yours can.

Please tell me I'm paranoid. :)

You are paranoid.

I think we can all agree that this has proved to be a good build so far, quirks and all.

• Like 7

Maybe one of these days I'll have a computer that can take as beautiful of screenshots as yours can.

These things are best left to tax returns. That's my advice ;)

Has anyone seen a radio on this patch? 

I haven't yet, and I reeeeaaaally want to try one out.

I think we can all agree that this has proved to be a good build so far, quirks and all.

Definitely. As tux put it when he and I were playing together earlier, 0.58 in it's current form is almost more stable than Stable. It's very nice. Work out those quirks and it's ready to rock I think. What isn't ready to go is the new UI... not yet; needs more time in the oven.

• Like 7

You are paranoid.

Thanks, and I agree that this is a pretty good build so far. I haven't played since 0,55 really and I'm pleased with the progress. It might be me but I think the hotkeys are more responsive which does wonders for me.

Yes, and it looks different...well at least from a few months ago which was the last time I played

Yes, and it looks different...well at least from a few months ago which was the last time I played

I think Dudester mean the radio (music), and not the walkie-talkies. I haven't seen any radios in this build, nor did I see anyone report finding them.

• Like 2

I found a pair of the new walkie-talkies and a 9v battery. I lost them (and more) in a barrel.  :(

I haven't seen a table top radio yet.

EDIT: A guy on reddit claims to have found a table top radio: http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/3c1nbt/58_radio/

Edited by BleedoutBill
  • Like 1

it's not just a good build but it's a great build. I have more ppl showing an interest in playing than I have seen in a long time. They not only like the new and improved features but say the performance has improved. Hope Dayz keeps this momentum going with a push to stable very soon. That is minus the new ui which just isn't ready.

I just played couple hours and found plenty of food in the coast, is CLE working?

Better performance and responsiveness overall, but i really dislike the not centered point of view, i never play or buy games in which thats the view, personal choice, not that i get dizzy or anything.

Edited by BrainlessZombie

Hi,

I was testing this new UI and i must say that it improving perfomance in cities and makes game more stable... Less lags and stuttering. If they release this UI in .58 many people will return to this game because in .57 i got 20+ fps in town... For me its unplayable... Please Bohemia release this UI in this patch :) Thank you.

OK, haven't posted here for a while but it was just too damn hot to play a game. :(

I really like the new UI, despite some minor issues like not moving, no dragging, no hover color, etc. It will all work out in the end though, very promising!

Seems like CLE is working in this early stage?

Haven't tested a V3S, I barely use them but saw a battery for a V3S though.

Loading the game or a server does take a lot longer than before but will be fixed soon I guess.

Persistence is definitely back in although my tent is gone. Guess either a reset or stolen.

I really miss the healthy, energized, hydrated, etc. indicators with the new UI.

Had a friendly encounter when this experimental patch was introduced. Even gave one of them ammo for their gun and he didn't shoot me. ^_^

So as mentioned before, this is a great patch, keep up the great work developers!

Hi,

I was testing this new UI and i must say that it improving perfomance in cities and makes game more stable... Less lags and stuttering. If they release this UI in .58 many people will return to this game because in .57 i got 20+ fps in town... For me its unplayable... Please Bohemia release this UI in this patch :) Thank you.

They shouldn't do that just yet, at least not with the new inventory. Some bugs need to be fixed and changes need to be made in order to release it to stable. Edited by IMT

Where are m65 jackets nowadays?

These houses:

V6bE55ml.jpg

• Like 3

Thanks Tat. Just time then as I have been looking in them.

Does anyone know how you can get the fish net trap to work?

And what about the small fish trap (the bottle and the worm).

How do both traps work? :)