kichilron

Exp Update: 0.58 + Hot Fix.

It looks like my barrels are persistent, but anything that I put inside them is not.

Is this post-server restart? I assume they restarted at 8:00p (an hour and 15 minutes ago, if you're west coast). I'll double check in a few.

Is this post-server restart? I assume they restarted at 8:00p (an hour and 15 minutes ago, if you're west coast). I'll double check in a few.

Filled two barrels earlier this afternoon (after the update was pushed out). Logged off. The server restarted at least once, if not twice. Logged back in and both barrels were empty.

• Like 1

I found a pristine tire repair kit. They spawn in the same place as the truck wheel/tire.

Filled two barrels earlier this afternoon (after the update was pushed out). Logged off. The server restarted at least once, if not twice. Logged back in and both barrels were empty.

Yep, just checked and this was the case as well. Here is what I've noticed in terms of persistence after server restart so far this patch:

• Barrel inventories are completely wiped after server restart, and some items disappear after a while, but still occupy the space.

• V3S inventories are also completely wiped after server restart. I had put one of the tires in the inventory, and while the truck was in the same spot that I parked it, all of the tires were on the truck, and the inventory was wiped out.

• Tents (civilian) seem to be the only things that are persistent after restart. I put a 2nd tire in the tent, and it was still there, along with two primary weapons.

Also, it looks like a lot of the loot that was not in some sort of container around my impromptu camp were also still there after server restart, but I'm pretty sure some new items had spawned in the vicinity. At least items aren't disappearing in front of your eyes when you put them on the ground for a moment.

Hopefully the barrel and V3S inventories aren't working as intended, which would make sense as they were just added in and are in early iterations.

I'll keep doing tests, and see if I can find a military tent to test. Maybe the "tent car" as well, as it looks like it has inventory space too.

Edited by tux
  • Like 3

Can't be, I'm not able to run -newui I have encountered many of the same things.

I was able to make a balaclava into a rag without using a knife.  First thing you should do now anyway is dump the chemlite and find a rock to make a stone knife.  Berezino fire station was spawning some good stuff, including combat knives when I got in yesterday.  Seems to be the only fire station really worth a shit now, isn't that a little odd?

Established camps in the NE and in the NW, pretty well stocked at both sites.  Now going to try and set one up in the south/central portion of the map, that is the tricky one, too much people traffic..  I don't much like people.  Should be the most fun though since I am sort of bored at this point.  I haven't seen any people at all, only zeds here and there.  I have seen signs of people though, rifles laying oddly or melee weapons out of place (standing up), loaded pistols, etc...

Exclusively without the new UI.  There are some vulnerabilities with the new UI that I am avoiding so all of this is on the legacy AI.  I will make sure to clarify this in the next update.  I already have four new bugs to add to the list.

fishnet traps are now working,

catched an cute mackerel  :D

mackarelgjinsuwtal.jpg

mackerel1grdopl5kt0.jpg

EDIT: it don´t need an bait, only netting with wire and deployed in the ocean.

after 1 minute...mackerel is catched

Edited by wasnu
  • Like 11

I have the feeling that they are testing the new renderer since I haven't seen and light shining through walls, better performance with newui and no "missrendering". Can anybody confirm that? It's just a feeling that I have no proof of.

I have the feeling that they are testing the new renderer since I haven't seen and light shining through walls, better performance with newui and no "missrendering". Can anybody confirm that? It's just a feeling that I have no proof of.

They certainly did something to boost performance.  It might have to do with that world renderer or whatever it was that originialy delayed the experimental patch.  The new fog and everything is really cool and lighting is certainly different.

I like the look of the new UI but I'm finding a few issues with it as expected when in exp.  It takes a lot longer for the game to start up and exit out for me. It did take some time under the old UI, but I can tell the new UI takes longer.  Also I miss being able to move around whilst still in the inventory screen.  I don't like that at the moment so have gone back to the old UI.  I hope they do let you move whilst in the inventory screen in the future.

A new build was pushed out this afternoon (but the build # stayed the same). I didn't have a camp established yet, but Barnabus said that there was a persistence wipe.

That is correct. It's a tough deal, but that usually happens when the guys push Experimental updates.

• Like 4

fishnet traps are now working,

catched an cute mackerel  :D

mackarelgjinsuwtal.jpg

mackerel1grdopl5kt0.jpg

EDIT: it don´t need an bait, only netting with wire and deployed in the ocean.

after 1 minute...mackerel is catched

nice catch man !

i'm suprised that they call that fish mackerel because it's clearly a trachurus in the picture, representent of the carangidae family.

this is a mackerel :

15070412124719608.jpg

• Like 5

nice catch man !

i'm suprised that they call that fish mackerel because it's clearly a trachurus in the picture, representent of the carangidae family.

15070412124719608.jpg

i catched an carp too, little confusing to find carps in salt water  :huh:

• Like 3

Tripwire can now be crafted out of wire and sticks (it used to disappear when you tried to craft it before). I tried using cans of food with it with no avail. Maybe you need soda / beer cans?

Spoiler
  • YxlB8rd.jpg

Maybe need cooking pot or two

I'll keep doing tests, and see if I can find a military tent to test. Maybe the "tent car" as well, as it looks like it has inventory space too.

Hey I can confirm the car tent keeps items through server restarts...at least it did through 2 restarts.

• Like 1

Maybe need cooking pot or two

IIRC we will eventually have the ability to attach empty cans to the trip wire, so that it will act as an alarm. There has also been talk of booby traps, from time, to time, so perhaps the trip wire will eventually be a multi-purpose piece of kit.

Newui needs a lot of work. The font used is gawd awful...at least it is on my screen. It runs chunky and is painful to use. Fireplaces don't work and persistence needs more work. But this build is a tremendous leap forward. Fix these few things, particularly with persistence, and push to stable and I might be able to get my community playing Dayz again.

• Like 1

Does loot spawn on server restart in 0.58?

Does loot spawn on server restart in 0.58?

It doesn't look like it. It looks like the CLE is managing things at the moment.

Guard houses aren't op anymore, actually they dont spawn anything at all

The same with trucks and tanks. All spawn points are being reconfigured.

• Like 2

Any one else having problems with the ak74 handguard and not being able to change them?

• Like 2

I started making my way around back to a truck that I figured would still be there be there yesterday and after a face full of .22 setback I made it but without any of the parts required. I searched the whole town it was in with no luck so I figured I would see what happens if you destroy the trucks in place now, easier said than done. Nothing, not ammo, not spraypaint, not even gas canisters explode in fire anymore so I couldn't actually destroy the truck. I did shoot the hell out of it, every tire took two shots of .308 to completely wreck maybe the difference between a patch kit and needing a spare tire? With all the tires shot out the truck slides like a dead body even on a slight incline, being fresh and not really caring I got right in there and tried to push it and stop it from sliding but had no influence. I sat and waited for the reset to see that the truck respawned with new tires, no more holes in the gas tank and full of gas again. It didn't respawn in it's original spot but the spot it slid to and was turned 180° to the way it was pointing before the reset though.

The backpack I switched out waiting for the reset was still on the ground with the one box of matches I left in it after the reset aswell.   

• Like 3

Any one else having problems with the ak74 handguard and not being able to change them?

That has already been reported.

• Like 3

Today I found a gas can in damaged condition.

I emptied it and went to fill it with water at a well to bring back to my camp.  

It filled to 27% but no more even after repeated tries.

Does the condition of the gas can determine how much fluid it can hold?