kichilron

Exp Update: 0.58 + Hot Fix.

You simply add a bone to an improvised arrow!

They are bone tipped, not stone tipped :)

The thing about the arrow accuracy is that it won't go straight if you release it at the wrong time, it will go to either side, usually to the left. The real skill of archery after this bow sway mechanic is being able to make long range shots by compensating for distance by aiming higher, much like a sniper rifle with no zeroing. Bone tipped arrows fly further than regular improvised arrows, and composite arrows go even further than bone tipped, with a similar progression in damage, leading up to a one hit kill from the composite arrow. :)

Ah, that's what I'm doing wrong. Next time I see an animal I'll keep the bones (and the guts for fertilizer) and try this out. Also didn't know you had to release at the right time. Time to build another bow!

Thanks for the tips.

Nice.  I note with special interest your glow plug.  Ran from Severo all the way W then S to Pavlovo looking for one.   :D

Found my battery last night, tires and batteries seem to spawn in the same types of places. Does the plug have a different  type of spawn or should I find it in the same sorts of places.

I'm afraid to stash the battery or carry it around and think I should log in the kids account and swap it to their character.

• Like 1

Did the same as you but I'm looking for a frying pan or a cooking pot at the moment, want to try and cook the sardines.

Ah yes. Somebody should definitely see if that's fixed. I don't recall seeing it on the list of resolved bugs on the feedback tracker :(

Nice.  I note with special interest your glow plug.  Ran from Severo all the way W then S to Pavlovo looking for one.   :D

Indeed! Tux found the one in that picture; I'm just holding onto it until I can get it back to him :p

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 1

Ah yes. Somebody should definitely see if that's fixed. I don't recall seeing it on the list of resolved bugs on the feedback tracker :(

Indeed! Tux found the one in that picture; I'm just holding onto it until I can get it back to him :P

I saw you on a server earlier (was playing as BananaParamedic).  If I had known you had it, I would have at least gone hunting for other survivors.  :D

• Like 1

Hey guys, I did a little searching but couldn't find anything about it but I sprained my ankle a few days ago while messing with a bear trap and my guy was moaning of pain. I splinted myself and the icon went away. But now he still moans pretty often. Is this a bug? It still happens after I relog.

Another note, my guy has been overheating for hours. I haven't found a way to remedy it. Would this be causing him to moan?

Hey guys, I did a little searching but couldn't find anything about it but I sprained my ankle a few days ago while messing with a bear trap and my guy was moaning of pain. I splinted myself and the icon went away. But now he still moans pretty often. Is this a bug? It still happens after I relog.

Another note, my guy has been overheating for hours. I haven't found a way to remedy it. Would this be causing him to moan?

Go jump in a lake and get drenched, that'll cure your overheating in a few minutes but then exposes you to dying of hyperthermia. Keep a flare and a axe handy to start a fire. (I'd say matches but after jumping into water with them they don't work so well)  :P

Go jump in a lake and get drenched, that'll cure your overheating in a few minutes but then exposes you to dying of hyperthermia. Keep a flare and a axe handy to start a fire. (I'd say matches but after jumping into water with them they don't work so well)  :P

I've actually done that a couple of times, just a minute ago actually, completely drenched but still overheating. I was hyperthermic ( overheated ) before I got into the water, no issues with hypothermia, just went back to overheating and wet heh.

Edited by Creamy Cowboy

It's a shame the bow is quite useless. Even though it is a very silent weapon but makes it very weak because you can't move and shoot. Even against infected it is weak because you simply can not move around with it.

It was said some time ago by hicks that the new renderer will enable to do more animations while in motion if I'm not mistaken, making it possible to move with bow drawn. (not that I'm expecting you to have seen this post I was just letting you know as I love the bow too and was thrilled to hear it will be feasible for survival someday.)

Edited by SaveMeJebus
  • Like 1

I've seen a few people report that the overheating is having no effect. I take my coat off and put it in my bag when I start getting hot personally.

• Like 1

I've seen a few people report that the overheating is having no effect. I take my coat off and put it in my bag when I start getting hot personally.

Well I'm still trying to figure out what is making my guy groan and moan then. Not sure why it's always so damn hot up north heh.

Well I'm still trying to figure out what is making my guy groan and moan then. Not sure why it's always so damn hot up north heh.

I had some sort of injury chipped I think really early in this build, it transitioned to sprained and then gone. The whole process took a really long time in terms of hours played. I don't recall if there was groaning or not.

The temperature seems to swing quick in this build I'm going from hot to freezing and back regularly.

One way I found to keep from overheating is by keeping enough space in my inventory to remove my shirt (if I have nothing in it). I've been able to run for miles with barely warming up.

• Like 1

I've only got a few hours to play today and I have found a barrel.  Just wondering if persistence is working yet on this build.  Any help greatly appreciated, as I can't carry this thing forever.

Found my battery last night, tires and batteries seem to spawn in the same types of places. Does the plug have a different  type of spawn or should I find it in the same sorts of places.

I'm afraid to stash the battery or carry it around and think I should log in the kids account and swap it to their character.

I have found glow plugs in the small tan colored garden sheds near houses (these are the ones with the door you can manipulate, not the broken down looking ones) and in the utility sheds that you only find next to railroad tracks

From what I've heard, persistence is working. I found a car tent, like 165 slots or so heh. It's huge, like a mini hanger.

From what I've heard, persistence is working. I found a car tent, like 165 slots or so heh. It's huge, like a mini hanger.

Good to hear, thanks.  Now off to hunt for truck parts.

I've only got a few hours to play today and I have found a barrel.  Just wondering if persistence is working yet on this build.  Any help greatly appreciated, as I can't carry this thing forever.

Tent persistence and dropped bags are working, the truck inventory and I believe I read the barrel contents are not.

I have found glow plugs in the small tan colored garden sheds near houses (these are the ones with the door you can manipulate, not the broken down looking ones) and in the utility sheds that you only find next to railroad tracks

So they should share the same spawn points as the wheels, batteries, and gas cans then I think. I saw a tire on the top shelve in one of those multi bay garages that look like "mini storage" units so they might be worth checking too.

• Like 2

Tent persistence and dropped bags are working, the truck inventory and I believe I read the barrel contents are not.

So they should share the same spawn points as the wheels, batteries, and gas cans then I think. I saw a tire on the top shelve in one of those multi bay garages that look like "mini storage" units so they might be worth checking too.

Correct on persistence.

The glow plugs are almost harder to see than pens. I almost didn't check to see what it was when I found mine.

• Like 1

Love the fireplaces inside homes thing , really is a great addition of attention to detail ... I'm gonna play again tomorrow and I hope to find a truck , I found a barrel but don't know any sweet dying combos to make different colors and such , I'm excited to see the next build now that I've seen .58 :)

Just a few photos from my recent travels, most from the experimental but a few might be older:

hT6urcR.jpg

2Egd9Yg.jpggosJXvB.jpgsS4ryJL.jpgjVu3ac2.jpgqzCvYDI.jpgtC9PTyN.jpgt4UvxJc.jpgRpRuEt2.jpgZ36CJEZ.jpg7fRNRbf.jpg8qYYz1m.jpg0V889ZJ.jpggDxnbux.jpg

P.S What is your guys excuse for not looking this fine?:

8w9McY8.gif

P.P.S I really like the above GIF, seems like a great way to share outfits!

Edited by FlimFlamm
  • Like 8

"Clanserver (Ranked)" with the 0.58 EXP build? What's that all about?

4EvW2uf.jpg

my interest is peaked

I left garden lime on the ground, after 24h lime is still at the same place. No respawn? its bug? 

my interest is peaked

Was starting to think this was some sorta common knowledge I had missed. Frankly rather surprised not many seem to share our interest.

Is it a dev thing? As a server owner can I set my server to use the EXP build (0.58) instead of Stable (0.57)? Or is it something else?

Edit: From what I'm being told it was just a misstep on the provider's side. That's the default name and it just wasn't changed....

Edited by HugoStiglitz

I left garden lime on the ground, after 24h lime is still at the same place. No respawn? its bug? 

Persistence works on garden lime the same way as backpacks, with the longest decay.  I think garden lime is meant to be a part of your camp.

• Like 1