kichilron

Exp Update: 0.58 + Hot Fix.

It's your computer ringing it's bell. It has a little beeper on the motherboard which dings for certain kinds of errors happen. (this may happen through your speakers now-a-days, but in olden times the sound would come from the computer itself!)

Olden times?

My tower has an internal spaker and a floppy drive, lol.

Seriously though are we on twelve hour restarts now? Does anyone know an hour and timezone for it? Finally found a glow plug and the battery was still in the truck I've been scoping. Was so happy to have wheels again and then the crazy desynchronization happened. Anyway my sweet green cab and chassis is on its side in the middle if a field and I'd like to see if a reset can save her.

My journey took me to the west side of the map. On NE-01 I found a military tent in the middle of some pine trees sw of Zelenegorsk - almost didn't see it it was so dark. Someone was stashing some ak74 and sks ammo and a jacket. I left a magnum and speed loader as a present for them hoping that they wouldn't use it to shoot me later. :) If there was food in there I would've taken it but I left everything alone in there. Wished I had a pen to leave a note.

I was thinking overheating wasn't having an effect on me but it seems it dehydrates you much quicker.

Went north to find the "snow" patch, mainly to look at how footprints worked in it. They basically lasted a little more than the ones you leave on the road. 

On the way there (at the far NW corner near that one house next to a pond) a doe jumped out in front of me from behind a tree and scared me - I peed a little. I thought someone was jumping out to shoot me. She got away but I found her bo chillin in the pond. I got out my telephoto lens ;) and shot some pictures. :D He was beautiful and delicious. 

Campfire in the "snow" reminds me of snowmobiling as a teenager. I know it's a bug and not snow but let me live a little, alright? :) I should photoshop a Ski-doo in there. 

this is my tent, i will drop some food and stuff in it for you.  B)

feel free to take what you want, its one of my "outposts" and i am not often there but i will travel to fill it up today.

Had a great time tonight with Bill and GaryWalnuts we traveled around the NW part of the map in a cargo Vs3 that i didn't flip over while driving for once.  B) We did some looting in the north part of the map since the NW part seemed to be devoid of any loot.  <_< We found some jerry cans and filled up the vs3 without refilling the jerry can itself so i don't know whats up with that.  :huh:  We ended  the night at Garys tent base near the tisy area somewhere that had a great view of the land.

The car tent with a VS3 inside looks pretty cool
Qprwdsy.jpg

Vu6cmQ6.jpg

QAa8few.jpg

esE0QHf.jpg

d4K2kXf.jpg

• Like 7

We found all the bugs...Time for new update. I must say trucks run really nice now, compered to January. 

Other than terrible desync where you guys are driving trough Novi, but on my screen truck is turned over and engine roaring. :)

• Like 2

Olden times?

My tower has an internal spaker and a floppy drive, lol.

Seriously though are we on twelve hour restarts now? Does anyone know an hour and timezone for it? Finally found a glow plug and the battery was still in the truck I've been scoping. Was so happy to have wheels again and then the crazy desynchronization happened. Anyway my sweet green cab and chassis is on its side in the middle if a field and I'd like to see if a reset can save her.

I've heard the ding as well, it sounds like the Arma event ding. I'm not sure what it is or how it works but it always happens when I log in. 

Ok...so while I'm laughing with the rest of you at this, I realized that I have been going on the assumption that Loot actually WAS still reset on server restarts.....OOPs!

So....give me the short and sweet on what happens now. Last I heard they were working on the CLE spawning loot randomly as long as a player was not in the near vicinity. Does this happen now? or is it more like a limit being reached and then a batch respawn takes place?

Quite honestly...playing as long as I have... I don't think I have ever noticed a loot "renewal" in person.

Thanks.

I think we can interpret "Hasn't been tied directly to server restart in almost a year." in a way that the respawning of loot was not directly related to restarts but I guess in some versions loot spawning was only triggered during the restart.

Another funny conversation on twitter:

Hicks: Maaaaan, that Overheating is -real-

Other guy: Apparently Im Hypertermic no matter how much I sit by the fire or change clothes.

Hicks: Hyperthermic means too hot - don't sit next to a fire when you're too hot!

• Like 2

Everyone who is overheating or complaining about the temperature: stop sprinting!

My temperature is normal because I barely sprint.

• Like 1

Everyone who is overheating or complaining about the temperature: stop sprinting!

I walked all evening last night and was still hot more often than not. I think you temperature wearing decent gear would be fine if it rained more or something. My server isn't getting a whole lot anyway.

Yeah I thought that too. I took all my clothes off and sat in a pond regularly. Still kept getting hot. 

• Like 1

I walked all evening last night and was still hot more often than not. I think you temperature wearing decent gear would be fine if it rained more or something. My server isn't getting a whole lot anyway.

It barely rains on my server too. In the beginning I was hot because of sprinting but after I joined SNG 0-1 yesterday I was drenched because of the rain and got cold. After that my temperature stayed neutral because I barely sprint.

So is this week two or three of .58? Finally found a glowplug, is it just me or are the trucks more peppy and is the desync worse? Rolled one, ran clean across the map and got another and got it parked down a dead end road and grew some pumpkins. The second truck came with a spare so I though I'd be smart and disable it by shooting out a tire and taking the spare. Just for fun I tried to remove the ruined tire with the good one in my hands, bad idea. I have no clue where the good tire went, hoping my truck grows a new one before I get back on. 

• Like 1

Yeah I thought that too. I took all my clothes off and sat in a pond regularly. Still kept getting hot. 

I sat in a pond for over twenty minutes tonight and it didn't cool me off at all. All it did was to make my gear wet. On the other hand, swimming did help. Standing in the rain for an extended period helps, too. Unfortunately, you can't always find some rain when you need it.

Speaking of finding something when you need it, there are still large swaths of the map, which seemingly have no loot whatsoever.

I sat in a pond for over twenty minutes tonight and it didn't cool me off at all. All it did was to make my gear wet. On the other hand, swimming did help. Standing in the rain for an extended period helps, too. Unfortunately, you can't always find some rain when you need it.

Speaking of finding something when you need it, there are still large swaths of the map, which seemingly have no loot whatsoever.

Noticed this as well, some towns have literally nothing and others have a lot. I hope this isn't intentional. I rather search multiple towns than having a jackpot town.

I sat in a pond for about 10 minutes to cool down, the messages that came through were "I am overheating" "I am soaked through" - I must have been in the bath or something.

I don't know how realistic temperature is at this point but I will give some golden tips.

Instead of sitting in a small pond try the sea or big ponds. Seek the high ground because it will be colder there. If you're going to strip some clothes make sure you do it from top to bottom starting with head and face gear.

If you're drenched and stripped on top of a mountain, you will be cold fairly quick.

Try these tips and let me know what helps and what doesn't.

Edited by IMT

This past Sunday it rained for what seemed like a hour on the server I was on.  I was completely soaked and hot as well. Earlier in the day I found that if I removed the jacket I was wearing and put on my green long sleeve shirt, I could run pretty much as long as I wanted to without getting hot.  Also, carrying anything in hand appears to exacerbate heat generation.

This past Sunday it rained for what seemed like a hour on the server I was on. I was completely soaked and hot as well. Earlier in the day I found that if I removed the jacket I was wearing and put on my green long sleeve shirt, I could run pretty much as long as I wanted to without getting hot. Also, carrying anything in hand appears to exacerbate heat generation.

Not only heat, also stamina. Run with an AK74 fully kitted or an AKM fully kitted with drum mag. You will notice a huge difference.

But seriously though, am I the only person who notices or thinks about these things?

Had a CTD today which I never had before in Dayz, due to a memory error.

I was in the military base west of Myshkino and I think it was because of a loot explosion very near to where I was in the base.

Before I entered the base I was observing another player and he suddenly disappeared so I wonder if he had the same crash.

This was all on UK 0-7, when I logged in again I immediately crashed again, with the same error message.

When I went there a third time I had no crash and found the loot explosion.

G7h1jsc.jpg

QdsROLX.jpg

XOFGi25.jpg

Had a CTD today which I never had before in Dayz, due to a memory error.

I was in the military base west of Myshkino and I think it was because of a loot explosion very near to where I was in the base.

Before I entered the base I was observing another player and he suddenly disappeared so I wonder if he had the same crash.

This was all on UK 0-7, when I logged in again I immediately crashed again, with the same error message.

When I went there a third time I had no crash and found the loot explosion.

G7h1jsc.jpg

QdsROLX.jpg

XOFGi25.jpg

Damn, that's some sexy stuff. It will spawn and stay there because all other places get looted frequently. Eventually it makes all the loot go to the places which don't get looted often.

Damn, that's some sexy stuff. It will spawn and stay there because all other places get looted frequently. Eventually it makes all the loot go to the places which don't get looted often.

Well, at least 30% of it was left there by players because it was ruined, damp or vests were filled with items.

If you have the time maybe you could go there and see if you have a crash too?

Well, at least 30% of it was left there by players because it was ruined, damp or vests were filled with items.

If you have the time maybe you could go there and see if you have a crash too?

I'm currently at work so can only read/post the forums at the moment. I'm also quite far away from there. I'll maybe check it out tonight if someone didn't beat me to it. Edited by IMT

I'm currently at work so can only read/post the forums at the moment.

I need your job :D

• Like 2

I need your job :D

To be honest, it's only temporary as a holiday job. I check the forums while I wait on something to finish.

At my internship I actually had the ability to play DayZ but I rarely did because I don't have a gaming notebook. Gotta love the IT-world though. :)

• Like 1

Another question regarding managing body temperature that I have and will try to vet out later today, is whether or not the different clothing gear, summer vs. autumn for example have any varying affect.  Summer gear for example could in theory be a less heavy material.  Also curious if hats, gloves, etc. have any impact.