boneboys

Stable Branch - 0.57 Discussion

Hi guys,

i would like to know if all the helicopter crash sites are active on they are random. Yesterday i realized i was near one on this crash site and i had nothing to lose so i went there to check but there wasn't any helicopter at all.

I thought i read some pages ago that all the sites active and were spawning stuff ....

Thanks

There are 3 static helicopter spawns, meaning they don't move at all. They won't start to move until the devs figure out all of the bugs that have to do with heli crashes.

Your best bet for finding loot at one of the three heli spawns is to head to one right after a server restart. Otherwise someone will likely have picked them all clean.

vehicles are persistent again...

dysnc is worst then ever.... 

cant stand stats not working... energized, hydrated, bleeding, sick... all require server hopping or either logging in and out to fix... 

imo game is just to broken to play effectively... starting to miss .46 - .48 dayz 

walking away till next patch.

GL survivors

Edited by Renigade

That would indeed be cool. I understand they have basically taken zombies out (for the most part) while they fix things, but yeah having z's in unexpected places would make for more exciting game play I believe. As it is now z location and mechanics are too predictable. Why not have z's in houses, or in vehicles, or wherever? In a zombie apocalypse people would have died and turned in all manner of places, not just outside wandering around.

in .57 ex i came across this infected in the bathroom somehowhttps://youtu.be/Svc8Y8kDuBw

• Like 1

I have not seen any 5-56 ammo or .45 acp anywhere except in 1911 magazines. Vehicles are NOT persistant, it seems to be completely random. Desync is worse than earlier patches causing all sorts of problems. Throwing doesnt work very well. Weapons you carry in packs or clothes get lost easily due to inventory moving around irrationally for no apparent reason. The guard houses spawn way too much loot.

Other than that, its ok.

Today at work I saw this site was down and it hit me......The zombie apocalypse has started in the offices of the gaming company that made the zombie apocalypse game. I imagined the devs, sneaking around the halls trying to stay quiet and looking for that fire axe. Hitting up the cafeteria for that left over birthday cake and that old ham sandwich from togo's. Sneaking up to the roof to look around and ducking from neighboring rooftop snipers bullets. Then of course the site came back up and I figured either the zombies are much smarter then in our game and got the site back up or the site came back up. :-D

I have not seen any 5-56 ammo or .45 acp anywhere except in 1911 magazines. Vehicles are NOT persistant, it seems to be completely random. Desync is worse than earlier patches causing all sorts of problems. Throwing doesnt work very well. Weapons you carry in packs or clothes get lost easily due to inventory moving around irrationally for no apparent reason. The guard houses spawn way too much loot.

Other than that, its ok.

Tons of .45 rounds in the FNX mags at guard houses. I only carry the akm in my hands or back, keep that storage space full of rounds and nothing moves anywhere.

• Like 1

Other than that, its ok.

dunno what your smoking but the kush im on has me seeing straight...

brian hicks stated persistence is enabled on vehicles and also..... its not random... maybe your GSP hasnt updated your server... can comfirm on own server btw.

again to the community...

please stop spreading unconfirmed info... theres enough hearsay thru the pages. ty

Edited by Renigade
  • Like 1

Hmm that is odd. The first thing I did was switched the scope down to 100M and I got to about 100M from a zed and popped him in the eye. That was 4 days ago. I was doing terrible at 500M and I ran out of .22 so I ditched it and went back to my model 70.

yeah the bullet drop very fast - it's hard to hit anything after 300 meters. I've fire such a gun in real and it's very accurate up to 100 meters with a scope which

I used in competition in my youth. 

However, you will hit slightly above with the hunter scope even at very short range (10-50) meters - (test it out dev team!)   :)

It's a different weapon and much more accurate compare to sporter, of course, but it use the same bullet: 

image001.jpg

Edited by Ori42

I almost broke my leg on a deer stand, but I couldn't mend the injury. I was shaken like crazy so I had to create another character - 

I tried almost everything to fix it without success. Morphin, wooden splint, and epinephrine.

I've not found any pain killers though so far in this patch.

Hmm. Is it just me, or since the re-implemented persistence with the vehicles, there's nothing respawning at the heli crash sites. 

I just tried 2 private servers I usually play on, right after a restart, with only me on the server, and there was nothing, not even pairs of boots, which is very odd...

Everything else was alright and fresh items were at the guard house near, with the vehicles at their usual place (meaning no one took them or been there) but the crash sites were completely empty.

2 different private servers, one's Fragnet, the other a Gameservers one. Pretty weird, as since 0.57 went online with persistence disabled, crash sites have been very generous item wise.

Rule breaking has consequences; think before you post. - Community Rules

I have, and feel that sharing what I feel is not breaking any rules.
But go ahead hide or delete my post.
I'm not the only one who feels or thinks this way, nor will I be the last I'm sure.

Q: What am I supposed to do with this game at this point?

A: Test it out report any bugs or idea's I may have in hope's that it may help out.

Q: Hows that working out for you?

A: Well it is alpha and a lot of the features don't really work properly or at all. If I report any thing negative I'm bombarded by fan boy sycophant's, or my post is removed due to the negative light it may shine on the game. It is not my intent to cause any negativity, but to only contribute to the discussion on development.

Q: So why do you keep on going back?

A: At first it was the understanding that it is in development and things are bound to not work. Then it was all the promises of what was to come.

Q: So what happened?

A: Well I'm not real sure. The dev blog is a bit misleading, and the change log list things that are not even in the patch it pertains to. Most recently they updated the stable patch and it felt more like taking two steps backwards. Yeah they added stuff but broke things that were fixed, or at least I thought they were.

Q: So what are you going to do now?

A: I think I'll just go be anonymous, and sit back and watch this train wreck happen.... Again.

Lesson: Video games are multi-billion dollar industry. With that comes a lot of get rich quick schemes, well intended game designers taken advantage of by smiling corporate liars that screw them and the gaming community with this carrot and stick routine. Take a good look at how many games that offer early access in there development stage wind up inexplicably taking a nose dive mid way through development. Which is explained away with, well we did this differently, we started at this point, or my favorite, we are learning to...., Seriously. Hire a damn tutor then.

Edited by Teh Pha-King
  • Like 2

Rule breaking has consequences; think before you post. - Community Rules

I have, and feel that sharing what I feel is not breaking any rules.

But go ahead hide or delete my post.

I'm not the only one who feels or thinks this way, nor will I be the last I'm sure.

Q: What am supposed to do with this game at this point?

A: Test it out report any bugs or idea's I may have in hope's that it may help out.

Q: Hows that working out for you?

A: Well it is alpha and a lot of the features don't really work properly or at all. If I report any thing negative I'm bombarded by fan boy sycophant's, or my post is removed due to the negative light it may shine on the game. It is not my intent to cause any negativity, but to only contribute to the discussion on development.

Q: So why do you keep on going back?

A: At first it was the understanding that it is in development and things are bound to not work. Then it was all the promises of what was to come.

Q: So what happened?

A: Well I'm not real sure. The dev blog is a bit misleading, and the change log list things that are not even in the patch it pertains to. Most recently they updated the stable patch and it felt more like taking two steps backwards. Yeah they added stuff but broke things that were fixed, or at least I thought they were.

Q: So what are you going to do now?

A: I think I'll just go be anonymous, and sit back and watch this train wreck happen.... Again.

Lesson: Video games are multi-billion dollar industry. With that comes a lot of get rich quick schemes, well intended game designers taken advantage of by smiling corporate liars that screw them and the gaming community with this carrot and stick routine. Take a good look at how many games that offer early access in there development stage wind up inexplicably taking a nose dive mid way through development. Which is explained away with, well we did this differently, we started at this point, or my favorite, we are learning to...., Seriously. Hire a damn tutor then.

*sigh* *mumbles "don't feed the trolls IMT, don't feed 'em"*.

Edited by IMT
  • Like 5

.Yeah they added stuff but broke things that were fixed, or at least I thought they were.

With that comes a lot of get rich quick schemes, well intended game designers taken advantage of by smiling corporate liars that screw them and the gaming community with this carrot and stick routine. 

It would have been a rich quick scheme if they ran away with the money, months ago....   <_<

It might feel like two steps back for you, but it's not, for the game itself.

The thing is, bug reporting on the forums don't help out the devs, it just gives us, the community, info about them. Report them to the bug tracker really if you want something "fixed".

Lastly, you say that some things are now broke, when they were fixed. The fact is that they never were "fixed" in the first place, they were not completed yet.

Have fun! If not, they move along and try to find something that brings you joy. Good luck.  B)

Edited by Odin Lowe

fan boy sycophant A

*sigh* *mumbles "don't feed the trolls IMT, don't feed 'em"*.

fan boy sycophant B

It would have been a rich quick scheme if they ran away with the money, months ago....   <_<

It might feel like two steps back for you, but it's not, for the game itself.

The thing is, bug reporting on the forums don't help out the devs, it just gives us, the community, info about them. Report them to the bug tracker really if you want something "fixed".

Lastly, you say that some things are now broke, when they were fixed. The fact is that they never were "fixed" in the first place, they were not completed yet.

Have fun! If not, they move along and try to find something that brings you joy. Good luck.  B)

Priceless

keep'em coming boys

Edited by Teh Pha-King

fan boy sycophant A

fan boy sycophant B

Priceless

keep'em coming boys

Personal attacks do nothing to prove your point or further the discussion. Getting banned and having your posts hidden doesn't accomplish anything either. Not sure what you're trying to achieve here, other than making yourself look bad.

Personal attacks do nothing to prove your point or further the discussion. Getting banned and having your posts hidden doesn't accomplish anything either. Not sure what you're trying to achieve here, other than making yourself look bad.

It is no attack it just exemplifies what I meant when I stated it earlier and now you perpetuate it by attacking  me as well for my opinion.

Dont worry your pretty lil heads this is my last post as to what I hoped to accomplish you all did just fine.

Thank you...

Edited by Teh Pha-King

fan boy sycophant A

fan boy sycophant B

Priceless

keep'em coming boys

today i want to buy an full price released game, batman....

it did not work, looks like warner bro. are run away with the money.

like granma said, no brain, no fun in this world.

listen to your granny dude, listen again and try to understand....

• Like 2

It is no attack it just exemplifies what I meant when I stated it earlier and now you perpetuate it by attacking  me as well for my opinion.

Dont worry your pretty lil heads this is my last post as to what I hoped to accomplish you all did just fine.

Thank you...

In what way did I attack you? I think what I said could be considered about the furthest thing from an attack, short of complimenting you on how pretty you are  :huh:

• Like 1

Thank you...

No, thank you!

• Like 1

fan boy sycophant A

fan boy sycophant B

Priceless

keep'em coming boys

<_<

Buying DayZ : 38.99$

Seeing cry babies whine on the forums: Priceless.

Now back to the main topic people.

Have anyone noticed that the sound effects on certain animals were removed? Back in experimental 0.57, the fox used to have a distinctive sound, but on stable I didn't hear any sounds at all on the 2 I found. The other animals seem to be fine, but I've yet to find a boar. Pigs, cows, deers, sheep, goat and chicken seem to be ok though, so it might be only the fox.

Edit: Also, I've been using pistols for quite a while now and was pretty surprised at the buff the 1911. I used the pistols a lot to dispatch infected, but even more since the suppressors were re-added, and were updated with their new sound effects. It always took at least 2 shots, unless you aimed for the head, even with the powerful magnum, 1911 or FNX, but since 0.57 it seems the 1911 takes only 1 shot to kill the infected, no matter if they are civilian or military, and no matter where you aim, legs or head.

s263bs.jpg

Sorry if this was already shared, but I didn't see anything related to this. 

Edited by Odin Lowe

You state your opinions as if they are facts. 

Then, get your facts straight, please.

If ignorance about this process or state of this process were a ban-able offense, this forum would have 100 people on it and 25 of those would be mods/devs!

:lol:

Hoping, dreaming, waiting, for 0.58....

"Early next week possibru." - Byron Hix

I'm looking at you, Tuesday.

Need my fix!

• Like 3

fan boy sycophant A

fan boy sycophant B

Priceless

keep'em coming boys

Calling everyone a fanboy is not constructive. Please do the opposite. 

• Like 1

i think we are all fanboys here, we paid money to help devs make a game. its risky business, what if the United nations bans violent video games then we are all shit out of luck. or if BI burns to the ground from a lightning strike. or EA buys dayz for 1 billion dollars and you micro transaction your own helo crash site. The game is not finished and we are all the builder fanboys wanting the true survival horror experience. The future is still uncertain and we have to click the "i believe" button and then the "i Understand" button. Ask Pha-king if he remembers when the only food was powdered milk and rotten kiwis.

• Like 1