boneboys

Stable Branch - 0.57 Discussion

Hmm... that official changelog looks awfully familiar...

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/226165-changelog-stable-057128177/

http://dayz.gamepedia.com/Changelog#v0.57.128177_.2810_Jun_2015.29

I think some thanks to the community for compiling the changelog is in order.

Hey guys,

I wanted to say we are deeply sorry for the misunderstanding created here. We are also sorry for not being on point with changelog, as the changes in the process of creation of it got mixed up and the community wasnt credited at start, as Smoss was the poster here, and is not responsible for it conception. The mistake is made and I want to believe we can bring more power to it in the future.

With the changelogs for next versions, we will use the combination of SVN comments, DB loot setup data, renders and more to create more viable alternative to get insight into what has changed over time. Since there is system in place to change and tweak item spawns in real time there will be an ongoing effort to include these changes as they happen.

Eugen Harton
  • Like 22

Simple misunderstanding, folks :)

I want to apologize (where everyone can see this) for attracting any negative attention to the changelog. It was not helpful in promoting a good relationship between the community and the development team, and my only intention was to get some recognition for the hard-working players who contributed. This is one of the best game communities I've ever been a part of, and I certainly wouldn't want to contribute to a toxic atmosphere.

Thank you for the words, Eugen!

• Like 7

anyone know if you can do anything with the box of nails? also have you guys had an oops message when trying to skin something? 

nailedbatge2voymiu6_thumb.jpg

Hey guys,

I wanted to say we are deeply sorry for the misunderstanding created here. We are also sorry for not being on point with changelog, as the changes in the process of creation of it got mixed up and the community wasnt credited at start, as Smoss was the poster here, and is not responsible for it conception. The mistake is made and I want to believe we can bring more power to it in the future.

With the changelogs for next versions, we will use the combination of SVN comments, DB loot setup data, renders and more to create more viable alternative to get insight into what has changed over time. Since there is system in place to change and tweak item spawns in real time there will be an ongoing effort to include these changes as they happen.

Eugen Harton

I'm sure that everyone's code is well commented  :), but those comments don't automatically jump into Subversion all by themselves, now do they?

On a more serious note, I see a lot of questions in the forum that suggest a basic misunderstanding about how version control software, like Subversion and Git, function. This may not be the best introduction, but additional information can easily be found on the web: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revision_control

• Like 1

and...here they are... the whiners are back...greetz

next shitload is coming when "NO lootz, NO foodz"....

the casuals find their way back to the forum  :(

Casuals with lives outside of Windows (like myself) have every right to criticise the game after investing in early access. It's hilarious that this community has degenerated from constructive people to "If you say anything bad about new features or don't arse kiss the devs, you're a whiner" -  If people disagree with the ridiculous survival aspect, then they should be free to voice their opinions. Maybe having a multitude of difficulties would solve it. From experience, things only get better when they are criticised, they stay shitty if everyone sits and says "OH YES THIS IS AMAZING. EVERY PATCH FIXES ONE THING, BUT BREAKS FOUR BUT THAT'S OKAY BECAUSE I'M APPLE PICKING FOR TWO HOURS OF THE THREE HOURS I HAVE SPARE".

Stop being fucking elitist. 

• Like 1

If people disagree with the ridiculous survival aspect

Disagree? It's a survival simulator, what is there to discuss?  :huh:

Casuals with lives outside of Windows (like myself) have every right to criticise the game after investing in early access. It's hilarious that this community has degenerated from constructive people to "If you say anything bad about new features or don't arse kiss the devs, you're a whiner" -  If people disagree with the ridiculous survival aspect, then they should be free to voice their opinions. Maybe having a multitude of difficulties would solve it. From experience, things only get better when they are criticised, they stay shitty if everyone sits and says "OH YES THIS IS AMAZING. EVERY PATCH FIXES ONE THING, BUT BREAKS FOUR BUT THAT'S OKAY BECAUSE I'M APPLE PICKING FOR TWO HOURS OF THE THREE HOURS I HAVE SPARE".

I think the problem here is to criticize  "the ridiculous survival aspect" when the develop of the game is still ongoing.

The invetory system is bugged because is a different system than the one we had on 0.55. If you introduce new lines of code you'll probably brake something else particullary in this case where the inventory system is the core of a lot of actions who reflect on the rest of the game (just count how many times you open the inventory in a game session).

IMO the devs want to develop a more survival game or could you please me explain the need to introduce bone fish hook or the barrel to process leather etc etc.

You just have to seat and wait. If when Dayz wiil be at version 0.95 you still see "ridiculous survival aspect" than that will be the right time to criticize.

Just my 2 cents,

Mattia

Disagree? It's a survival simulator, what is there to discuss?  :huh:

I enjoy DayZ a lot, I've been playing since the early days of the mod. Nowadays my friends & I get a limited amount of time to play so we want to make the hours count. We don't want to spend that limited time picking apples or searching for berries because the implemented systems don't work, yes it's fully understandable it will change, but these views should be allowed to be expressed, no? 

The point here being that criticism is an essential part of a design process of which I have enough experience. 

The point here being that criticism is an essential part of a design process of which I have enough experience. 

Oh, certainly. Things can't get better without feedback, that's absolutely true.

I just think that the emphasis on things like foraging won't be nearly as heavy as you think. Even with limited playtime, you won't be forced to do that all the time. You'll do it once (per character) and get yourself established, stock up on items, build a camp, and then even when you die you'll have a cache of resources so you don't need to start from zero every time. I was already playing that way to a small degree in 0.55 with persistence.

I enjoy DayZ a lot, I've been playing since the early days of the mod. Nowadays my friends & I get a limited amount of time to play so we want to make the hours count. We don't want to spend that limited time picking apples or searching for berries because the implemented systems don't work, yes it's fully understandable it will change, but these views should be allowed to be expressed, no? 

You're playing a freaking early access. If the developers want you to test surviving, you test it. If they want you to test the PvP, you test it. If they want you to test "get hardcore gear in 5 seconds", you test it.

Clearly you have no idea what alpha and early access means.

Before you start DayZ next time, research this first. Then play and come back to me.

It seriously pisses me off by the way that no one actually knows what they signed up for.

People, check out what alpha means and what the stages of developing are. Please look it up and stop crying. And no I'm not a fanboy, I actually know how development works and know how hard programming can be.

Edited by IMT

Someone correct me if i'm wrong but there were only two guys (Peter&Brian) from the dev team at E3. So thats not an excuse for taking it so long to post the changelog. In my opinion changelogs are really important, especially when the game is on Early Access. In the end we are playtesting the game. We need to remember that the whole point of Early Access is that when 1.0 arrives the game has good balance and features are polished. Also Bohemia has pretty good track record with post launch support.

After i read Eugen's post i hope that from now we get more accurate changelogs faster.

I agree with you somewhat. BIS does a far better job of communicating with their customers than any other studio I know of. And that's what probably gets them into the most trouble. Eugene posted on the day stable was released that the changelog was coming the next day. Five days later nothing. After many complaint posts Bones posts "No ETA", yet a couple minutes later I'm reading a tweet from Hicks that he thinks it had already happened. It's like omg does anyone know what is going on? The alternative to all this chatter would be what you get from other studios...total silence. So take your pick.

Changelogs are important to me as I use them in my communities forums to generate interest in the latest release on stable. As for me personally I probably know most of the good stuff already as I frequently play the experimentals.

Truly.  Also, I'm not able to check anyone's pulse.  The menu item is there, but when I scroll, the whole menu disappears.  I can only loot.  Just me?  Mouse issue?  Anyone else?

Not just you, i also registered this.

Edited by MiGHT

It's all just a big joke - worst development i've ever seen

a lot of the new items that should come with the update are not spawning - some examples:

VSS Vintorez

- 10 Rnd VSS Vintorez Mag

- 20 Rnd VSS Vintorez Mag

- SP-6 Rounds

- Red 9

- Red 9 Buttstock

- UMP 45

- 25 Rnd UMP 45 Mag

- Oil Barrel

- 12 Gauge Slug

1 week after the patch they bring out the changelog. thats late and omfg - its just a "copy and paste" and a lot things are not ingame...

and it comes better and better:

not even that they are not able to bring new items ingame - no, they deleted some items which were allready and for a long time ingame! some examples:

- M4

- AK 101

- Batteries

- Fruits (banana, kiwi, zuchini)

- Explosive Grenade

- Flashbang

- RDG-5 Explosive Grenade

Either the develepoers are big noobs or they give a fu*** shit of the game

oh wait - i forget one thing: yesteday they brought a big fix - u can now find nails !!! wooooooooot - incredible work :o :o :oNo

No reason for name calling here. You filed the missing items so that it can be scheduled for a fix, which is great! Please be advised that plenty of different things may still break during development of DayZ.

• Like 12

Good to see the changelog up, may of stopped the uproar on the old internet (or at least abated it slightly had it been presented at the time of the patch). 

Regardless, anyone else having problems with drinking/eating?, as in, when i eat and drink its not actually changing my status at all?. Only noticed it on one server i was on today so maybe it was just luck of the draw, pretty sure it wasnt a private one though. 

Hey guys,

Eugen Harton

To all members Read and Understand this quote from Eugene...

Any further troll/flame comments concerning the 0.57 changelog will be removed.

• Like 10

Nowadays my friends & I get a limited amount of time to play so we want to make the hours count. 

I hear this a lot when criticizing hard survival mechanics. Criticize if you must, but your time has nothing to do with it. You can log out without being healthy, hydrated.

Everyone has a limited amount of time. No need to design a game around it.

• Like 9

I hear this a lot when criticizing hard survival mechanics. Criticize if you must, but your time has nothing to do with it. You can log out without being healthy, hydrated.

Everyone has a limited amount of time. No need to design a game around it.

At least they can adapt their play style to match their time" available in dayz. 

Personally id just hit that coastal warfare on the full servers, been doing that myself alot more recently to be honest, spawn loot, get attacked and have a spiraling boxing match with someone, take their water bottle and steal their tshirt for rags. Get shot at, go for broke and either get killed or get geared. :). 

So on and so forth. At this stage of its development i see it as the most entertaining of options at this time.

(as a loner that is). 

This has nothing to do with being elitist...everyone has a life outside of gaming (work, girlfriend/wife, etc.) nothing special about it. so why even bring it up? If you don't have enough time available, then don't spend it. No need to cater to a "i have 30 min to play, i wanna own" crowd. 90 % of the market is casual friendly bullshit anyways, so why try to make everything streamlined easy bullshit? Especially when there are other "survival" multiplayer games which have the casual shooter crowd as a target audience, where the survival aspect is kept at a minimum. This is the only multiplayer survival title which strives to be more in this aspect(harder, more demanding, etc). 

Edited by InvincibleThroughDC
  • Like 6

Bootsmann, on 19 Jun 2015 - 4:34 PM, said:snapback.png

It's all just a big joke - worst development i've ever seen

a lot of the new items that should come with the update are not spawning - some examples:

VSS Vintorez
- 10 Rnd VSS Vintorez Mag
- 20 Rnd VSS Vintorez Mag
- SP-6 Rounds
- Red 9
- Red 9 Buttstock
- UMP 45
- 25 Rnd UMP 45 Mag

- Oil Barrel

- 12 Gauge Slug

1 week after the patch they bring out the changelog. thats late and omfg - its just a "copy and paste" and a lot things are not ingame...

and it comes better and better:

not even that they are not able to bring new items ingame - no, they deleted some items which were allready and for a long time ingame! some examples:

- M4

- AK 101

- Batteries

- Fruits (banana, kiwi, zuchini)

- Explosive Grenade
- Flashbang
- RDG-5 Explosive Grenade

Either the develepoers are big noobs or they give a fu*** shit of the game

oh wait - i forget one thing: yesteday they brought a big fix - u can now find nails !!! wooooooooot - incredible work  :o  :o :oNo

+1

Eugen Harton comments no spawning items on twitter

Everything is spawning, its just rare

ROFL

Someone making fools of us?

To all members Read and Understand this quote from Eugene...

Any further troll/flame comments concerning the 0.57 changelog will be removed.

Can you check your PM's. Thanks.

After work, I went for a walk in the woods. I found a nice place to have a picnic and it was very peaceful. Later I came upon a town with some horrid zombies. They were staggering around looking for brains to eat and I wasn't about to let them have mine. AKM kicks hard but it does the job and the kashtan scope and silencer make it all the better. Another barren town with no survivors. They left a lot of things behind when they ran off or died. Seems like a waste to leave this food, so I think I will stay here awhile. When the food runs out, so will I. I'm pretty sure I just saw a zombie come up out of a grave in a graveyard I had just passed. One minute I was alone and the next it was almost on me. I ran into a house and darted through the rooms to get a lead on it and then spun around and waited for it to come out. I could hear it slobbering for brains inside the house, but it didn't come out and I wasn't about to go in looking. I backed up across the street and decided to take what I could and head out. I almost wish I could burn down that house just for good measure. Back into the woods and the cool night air brings on a chill. I cut down a few trees and gathered up some logs. A nice campfire on top of a mountain always cheers me up. I keep hoping some other survivors might see the fire and realize they are not alone. If you're hearing this you are not alone, you are the resistance,stay alive.

• Like 6

Any reason why I can't get back to 'healthy' or at least 'healing' once hurt? I am again fully green (bright) and all limps are still attached, yet the screen stays black/white even after several relogs and one server restart.

Edited by robophant

you need to be energized light green and hydrated light green until your regenerate all your blood, then you will reach healthy status

Any reason why I can't get back to 'healthy' or at least 'healing' once hurt? I am again fully green (bright) and all limps are still attached, yet the screen stays black/white even after several relogs and one server restart.

The blood regeneration rate got nerfed, so becoming fully healed takes considerably longer. Also, it is possible to heal, without seeing the "Healing" status.