boneboys

Exp Update: 0.57128035*

After that post earlier I think I've found 5 x metal wire. :D  Thanks everyone.

After getting my 1pp to happy, easy to maintain status I just suicided my 3pp to get a feel for things well after the loot wealth of early patch.

Edited by Ebrim
  • Like 1

What a great start. I get killed at kamyshovo for a rucksack and some bandages. Apart from the rucksack everything else they could have got from the house just up from the police station.  Some people are just assholes really as he wanted me dead.  The next spawn I die of starvation as I could not pick apples fast enough to replen energy.  It was cold and there was nothing around in the local buildings and no mater which way I went I was going to be dead.  Come on devs yet again are you trying to see how quickly people can die. Great you cant get any where on a cold day as a bambi after about 5 mins you are dead from starvation. and with nothing around what can you do.

Edited by fing24
  • Like 1

On our first trip we went with 3 people around the coast of cherno. No loot possible to find there. We managed to run all the way to Mogilevka and shot a cow. I got a bow and there we also met the one or other person that was up for killing us. They all seemed limited to melee weapons tho. When we reached Pulkovo, we were able to find the first 2 backpacks. Never had such an empty inventory after comming this far into the map. We decided to check Green Mountain and got 3 vests there. When exiting the place someone was waiting for us outside, armed with a bow. I had my first experience of a fun bowfight which we came out vicotrius. Sadly his corpse glitched down the road and was unlootable after it stopped glitching. We kept running to Pustoshka and shot 2 more cows, now we all have a bow. Sad fact: We didn't find a single can of food or anything of greater use. We found a hunting scope in a deer stand near Cherno and a RV1 RDS under an apple tree (which someone must have dropped there most likely). I really hope this build will not go into stable with such a loot situation. Another thing that kind of annoyed us were the Zeds noises. Once one is chasing you, you think you got a horde behind you. Please fix that. All in all, a fun patch. The Berezino remake is also nice and fps seems a little better overall now.

Excuse my language, but what a load of sh*t. After spending god knows how long apple picking I get myself upto energized and healthy. after a search of nizhnoye and nothing to find I get to light green hydrated and an extra mouthful from the pump to stay that way for a bit of extra time and my energy is dark green.  Go for a jog to berezino and by the time I get to the first pub at the top of the rise I'm almost dead if not dead. Orange staving and in the dark red for hydration.  What a bitch cold weather is.  And what have I learnt from this? Don't bother playing on a server that is cold.  And For some reason I feel it might not be much better on a hot day.  Way to go devs you certainly know how to kill players off quickly.  I think you have some balancing to do to improve the situation.  And by the way I didn't have any cold status from a point half way through my apple picking to my sad demise.

Excuse my language, but what a load of sh*t. After spending god knows how long apple picking I get myself upto energized and healthy. after a search of nizhnoye and nothing to find I get to light green hydrated and an extra mouthful from the pump to stay that way for a bit of extra time and my energy is dark green.  Go for a jog to berezino and by the time I get to the first pub at the top of the rise I'm almost dead if not dead.

Why would you do that? Leave the coast (as you can forget finding loot where people are spawning) and pick apples on the way to fight off starvation. There is enough food to not starve and enough ways to make a fire/find clothes to not freeze. The only problem is the heavy desync preventing you from acting in time (though it got much better).

Loot is easier to find the more you avoid "mainstream routes" (spawn areas, military bases and the main paths between them). If you make it to the northwest you should not have too much trouble finding something. Also that's probably where the trucks are as people had the same idea and drove them there (as I did and after that I found multiple others standing around).

Spent the whole day in Berezino.  Found everything I needed to survive except a waterbottle/canteen.   Found clothes-'splosions in the small cabin houses.  Better tho,  found a ton of flashlights with batteries in a copshop.  Seeing that and noticing soda cans and rice, and other things respawning made me smile.  So, there is respawning in berezino going on.  Some houses had no loot, some had aforementioned clothes-'splosions.  Entirely possible to survive.  Great fun!

As I was running around Berezino, another survivor ran by.  I greeted him but recieved no response.  20 yards later he collapsed on the ground.  Probably starvation.  Too bad, I had a spare pipsi and a bag of rice.   Naturally, in the interest of science, I cut him up, got my cooking pot out, and heated him up.  I didn't have a liquid container, so I didn't add water.  The meat looked properly cooked but I wasn't sure.  I put the 4 steaks in my jeans.  I went on my way.  I continued looting.  Suddenly, I start getting "you are getting hot" messages.  Kept running.  "You are overheating"  30 minutes later.  Apparently, the steaks weren't cooling down in my jeans.  I was at an orange level state so I decided to eat the steaks, unsure if I would get sick because I didn't use water, I decided to eat them anyway.  I had charcoal tabs and I knew there was antibiotics down the road, so I was feeling adventurous at the time and ate it.  Didn't get sick! woot!.  When I had the steaks in my pants, I also ran into the ocean for a bit.  Didn't cool them down.   This gave me an idea.  I wonder if I can avoid hypothermia during a swim to debug island with cooked meat in my jeans.   Definitely an adventure for stable branch!

Later on, I picked up a saline bag IV while I had a cooking pot w/ stove/gas.  Saline bag went inside of it.  Found a ruined leather kit, picked it up and it automatically went into the pot.  It fit weird and went one square to the right of the pot.  Couldn't get the saline IV out of the pot after that no matter what I tried.

I've had a great time on experimental this weekend.  I rarely experience hardware/technical difficulties and this round was no exception.  Had crashes on exit and the only time I lagged was when the wife was downloading pron.  

Good times.  Hope they push this to stable this week.   :)

• Like 2

For those experiencing very quick deaths: things are not functioning properly on whatever server you're on, essentially all effects are made much faster. Getting cold, getting hungry, getting thirsty, etc. It's not just it being "cold". If you find yourself dying way too quickly, change servers. None of this is probably WAD or at least working as intended. Yes, cold will make your energy deplete faster but it won't affect your hydration so if you also see yourself getting thirsty very fast, that is not normal conditions.

My server start day+1 3pp guy, making do:

33QTQlM.jpg

Edited by Ebrim
  • Like 1

Evil minion. I think you missed the point.  For such a short jog I don't expect to be dieing at the end of it.  at that distance how do you expect me to get inland?  Look at a map and you will see all options are limited. Orlovets and death, factory south of niz and death as they will all be looted and no water at thoughs locations. even at a walk it probably won't be much better, yet to try.

I think you missed the point.

http://twitter.com/PeterNespesny/status/604946122109501440

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/225392-exp-update-057128035/page-35

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/37z3hv/057_starvation_broken_less_than_five_minutes/

Folks I have to heavily discourage you from getting the pitchforks out re: Experimental branch. 

• The branch is labeled unstable, this is for a reason
  • We *frequently* update / change / alter configurations on this branch and they can vary per server
  • As the name suggests, this branch is for the developers to experiment, thus the above remark

Edited by halp

Spent another great evening on 0.57 with Dudester and BleedoutBill. Still on the same character I started this build with :)

We were able to grow some pumpkins, "hunt" some cows, and generally just have a good ol' time making it north to check some things out. The hunting scope is awesome!

4qIJ1J5.jpg

QwqANNo.jpg

5Nj2qXO.jpg

• Like 4

Has anyone seen any VS3s on this build? 

Yep. I found a green cargo bed V3S at Vavilovo, the spawn closer to the NWAF, and then another one, this time blue, strangely parked behind the guard house at the bus depot just south west of Vavilovo. (Often called "terminus".)

I scratched the first one I had on a small bush, at about 5mph, making both front wheels disappear, and that made the V3S almost completely uncontrollable. I left it around 025-040 on US Southeast1 1PP.

They seem to have tweaked them and it feels somewhat more tough to drive now. Still waiting the manual box though...

• Like 1

Spent another great evening on 0.57 with Dudester and BleedoutBill. Still on the same character I started this build with :)

We were able to grow some pumpkins, "hunt" some cows, and generally just have a good ol' time making it north to check some things out. The hunting scope is awesome!

4qIJ1J5.jpg

QwqANNo.jpg

5Nj2qXO.jpg

Well, Dudester and I died just a few minutes after you left us. I'll let him tell the story, in all of its gory details.

I tried to get another 3rd person character established, but I've been shackled to an apple tree for the past half hour. I can get rid of my hungry status, but I can't find another apple, before it comes right back. I'll try another server tomorrow.

Dudester re-spawned and it sounds like he got the spawn of invincibility. I don't think he ate, or drank anything the whole time that he was on the server. Crazy!

• Like 1

Can anyone confirm for me whether or not Summer Camp Pioneer (near Dolina) is still gone in 0.57? It was removed in 0.56, but I wasn't sure if they might change their minds on that one and I haven't been able to make it back myself.

Can anyone confirm for me whether or not Summer Camp Pioneer (near Dolina) is still gone in 0.57? It was removed in 0.56, but I wasn't sure if they might change their minds on that one and I haven't been able to make it back myself.

I think it's still gone, ran by there yesterday, at some point I think.  I'll go look again and make sure.

• Like 1

Yeah right after tatanko left for the night me and bill got in a VS3 and i tried to drive past severograd but the rubberbanding was really bad and i ended up losing the front tires then eventually crashed into a fence me and bill were trying to get out of the car but then some random guy comes along trying to kill us with a stick but when we got out of the car we couldn't move so the stick guy knocked us both out and the zeds killed us.  :(  I think im going to sit this one out and wait for another patch to fix all this. cause i think the hunger and thirst drain is also related to the character not just the servers because sometimes like bill said i will get a character that doesn't get hungry or thirsty but if i log out and log back in i will die and then some characters will have normal thirst and hunger so its pretty much a roll of the dice for getting a normal character i guess.  

• Like 5

It's no longer there, I tried to stop by there earlier today.

• Like 1

I think it's still gone, ran by there yesterday, at some point I think.  I'll go look again and make sure.

It's no longer there, I tried to stop by there earlier today.

Thank you, gentlemen. That will save me some effort :)

Now I just need to check out Mogilevka and Kozlovka. I'm wondering if two legacy buildings are still hanging around there. They're in in 0.55, but I haven't checked either location in 0.56 or 0.57.

I was there on the build before the current 0.57 and the camp was MIA.

BTW - I mentioned that I found a new pub, but I didn't give you the coordinates. It's at 109 098.

• Like 1

Are items respawning? I'm wondering if I can circle back through towns I've checked a day or two ago.

I'm desparately searching for Garden Lime.

Also, anyone try out the torch yet?

Edited by FlimFlamm

Thank you, gentlemen. That will save me some effort :)

Now I just need to check out Mogilevka and Kozlovka. I'm wondering if two legacy buildings are still hanging around there. They're in in 0.55, but I haven't checked either location in 0.56 or 0.57.

I can tell you now that entire blocks of apartment buildings are missing from Chapaevsk.  The steps are still there but the buildings are gone.

Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 1

I'm desparately searching for Garden Lime.

Haha. I saw so much Garden Lime in Berezino today.  Anyone else not able to move Garden Lime around in your backpacks?

I think im going to sit this one out and wait for another patch to fix all this. cause i think the hunger and thirst drain is also related to the character not just the servers because sometimes like bill said i will get a character that doesn't get hungry or thirsty but if i log out and log back in i will die and then some characters will have normal thirst and hunger so its pretty much a roll of the dice for getting a normal character i guess.  

Concur, it does seem weirdly random and not necessarily server dependent like I suggested earlier.  I had a guy killed on a 1pp server, he was fine for thirst and hunger, when I spawned back in on the same server I passed out from hunger within 100 meters of the beach.

• Like 1

What is happening is that updates to your hunger status are not showing properly until you relog. If you get a character that doesnt get hungry then relog and die, it's cause all that starvation has caught up with you.

Seriously though can someone tell me if items are respawning at all?

What is happening is that updates to your hunger status are not showing properly until you relog. If you get a character that doesnt get hungry then relog and die, it's cause all that starvation has caught up with you.

N

Seriously though can someone tell me if items are respawning at all?

I'm guessing that's a joke about the starvation bug. Hard to tell. I haven't logged any time on exp today so couldn't tell you, but from what I've read loots not respawning. Or at least the timer for respawn is set to 24/48 hours.

Now that I think about it. This starvation bug, it's happening to randomly. Someone mentioned that a new config file was made each time a new character was started on a server. I've checked the config files and never found anything related to energy/hydration variables being added beside usual inventory data. Wondering if the issues not just server side and but also client side with the data gets passed back and forth. Sorry, stupid rant. Worked for the last 12 hours straight and my brains still stuck in gear.

Edited by JTKnight

Ok logged in about an hour ago, 1pp southwest. About a 5 miles to about 8 berry bushes and an oak tree about 200 feet past that. Ate about 6 berries and was starving and cold. Got two oak bark and some sticks and made a fireplace and made a hand drill and this is too dangerous of a place to make a fire. Ran back to the berry bushes and kept searching till I went unconscious from starving.

Logged in near a big city, ran around looking for anything and there was nothing but a few zombies that I had to avoid by pathing around them and found a water pump and drank and fell unconscious from starving. That will do nicely for me for awhile. I'll try back later.