boneboys

Exp Update: 0.57128035*

I had good luck on Southcentral2 0-2, it's 1pp.  It took a long ass time but I finally got healthy.  I am bypassing berries completely now since they seem to do me little to no good and just go for apples.  Thirst and Hunger are still an issue but not as bad as I was having on some other servers, I was on the verge a couple of times, took a bait pile of apples to keep me from being dead.. 

Have managed to get from the SE side of Cherno (Spawned in on the docks there by the large office building) up to the NE side of town. From there headed West on the main highway to the large office building with the monument, on through the industrial area, over to the fire station and now vicinity the water pump on the NW side near the piano house and small apple orchard.  

Only had one meeting engagement with a zed, that I won, the rest I bypassed.  I am at full energy and hydration as it stands right now (lost my healthy when the zed jumped me).

Phew, that was the most tense I have been in game in a long time.  Gee Eugen, thanks millions for the PTSD.

Glad to hear that you are having better luck. Did you merely switch servers, or is this also a new character?

I've been playing on US Southcentral 0-2  1pp (There are 4 S.C. servers) and it's been great.  Hunger isn't bad to cope with, Thirst seems to drain quick (carry a couple bottles instead of one, especially if not in quick range of a well)

Managed to get pretty well geared, haven't run into anyone... 

On DayZ US Southwest 0-1, 3pp, got Khelm spawn. Managed to get healthy.  Thanks, wasnu and Barnabus. Gonna head south to meet a couple peole with Kamy/Elektro spawns.

Has anyone else noticed that "P" for players (or paranoid, lol) does not provide any data?

• We *frequently* update / change / alter configurations on this branch and they can vary per server

That's interesting.  And goes a long way to explain why sometimes users are have such different experiences.  

Personally i'm not having any issues surviving on UK 1pp servers.  Lived off apples for about 2 hours while moving north... now i'm close to healthy and finding gear.

The 3pp servers seem to be more survivable.  I'm not sure if it is an increased rate of the status ticker refresh, or if some servers are just way too cold, and thus causing more rapid energy use.  Finding anything better than a T-shirt helps.  Apples do seem to be much more effective than berries.  The zombies either run faster, or I am getting worse lag/frames than the first iteration of .57, which ran much better than anything since .54 for me.  Loot distribution seems much better than it has been for many weeks now, but it is still sparse and well-spread.  Performance is very bad, too bad to want to experiment much with new AI; but some friends said they teamed up on a zed, exploiting knock-back for an easy kill.

when i start to eat an apple, the eating anim starts and then stops after 5 secs. the "cancel current action" appears and stays until i cancel the current action. i am not able to eat the apple.

same thing with searching for apples. the searching anim starts and after ~5sec stops. i can stand up walk around and after ~20 or 30 secs i get a mesage whether i found something or not. don't know if desync related or not

• Like 1

when i start to eat an apple, the eating anim starts and then stops after 5 secs. the "cancel current action" appears and stays until i cancel the current action. i am not able to eat the apple.

same thing with searching for apples. the searching anim starts and after ~5sec stops. i can stand up walk around and after ~20 or 30 secs i get a mesage whether i found something or not. don't know if desync related or not

Likely desync because I don't have any problems currently.

What do you see when you check bandwidth, ping, and desynch?

good question, there is no more ping/desync shown when i press "p"  :(

not available in latest build.

Have not had the above problem with apples myself (lord knows I've eaten a whole bunch today :lol: ).

Once you get the cancel message you can move. Eventually you'll eat it. Same with picking apples, I can go to a tree, start searching then leave the area and will be told "I have not found a thing" when I've run a good distance away.

Edited by freethink
  • Like 1

Yep, just don't cancel the action. Get up and keep moving, and you will eventually register the action as complete. This stinks for spamming apple picking, but eating a can of beans this way and then running through town while the server recognizes the beans as eaten is ok. Yesterday, the entire action of eating all, or picking fruit took about 90 secs for the server to complete. I would be a long ways away from where I started the action by the time it completed.

• Like 2

I've seen more trucks (3) than bullets (0)

Thought I saw a box of .308 but it was just a packet of seeds.

So I just spawned in after a restart, waited for a one minute cooldown for some reason. Only to see you are dead message US southcentral 01 7:05am CST. So what is this testing?

can't anymore :(

So I just spawned in after a restart, waited for a one minute cooldown for some reason. Only to see you are dead message US southcentral 01 7:05am CST. So what is this testing?

Anything and everything the devs want from bugs to server loads. Not everyone is just spawning dead into servers, if you think it's a bug, report it.

If you enter a game and wait it will eventually CTD but if you press Tab after you

joined the game you get a error message and the game doesen´t CTD.

Anything else worked so far beside the bad Performance its like i got maybe 50% less FPS.

If you enter a game and wait it will eventually CTD but if you press Tab after you

joined the game you get a error message and the game doesen´t CTD.

Anything else worked so far beside the bad Performance its like i got maybe 50% less FPS.

I haven't had DayZ crash on me in so long and it's not because I hit tab after I joined the game.

Perhaps you need a cpu upgrade in order to test properly.

the infected are pretty brutal when theyre polished out it will be terrifying 

Contradicting your previous short post in this thread on how easy they are.... ok.

Can you imagine what infected will be like come 1.0?

Awesome stuff.

Just hearing them and hearing them aggro properly is so key to handling them.

I'm really glad they ironed a bunch of that out.

Contradicting your previous short post in this thread on how easy they are.... ok.

Can you imagine what infected will be like come 1.0?

Awesome stuff.

Just hearing them and hearing them aggro properly is so key to handling them.

I'm really glad they ironed a bunch of that out.

it looks like they nerfed the damage they do and they are easy to kill individually but they are very fast and they make alot more noise now its eerie the crawling thin is disturbing too. being completely honest a group of 4 would probably mutilate someone without a machinegun. let alone a horde 

• Like 1