boneboys

Exp Update: 0.57128035*

I played around 6:45pm* gmt on a uk server for about an hour.

*or whatever time it was arsenal went 2-0 up in the cup final

I played when the servers were first online and ran a decent distance without starving too

So this is me after getting cold and entering "starving to death" realm within a couple minutes of spawning. A previous spawn before this died very rapidly and I realized I was in a whole new ball park. So with this guy I was prepared. Got my improv knife, got my oak bark, set a fire under an apple tree and started picking. He's survived but it's a struggle. Eventually after this I went north to Orlovets which without a fountain is going to be a problem... I'll revisit it later if the config is still like this, it was great fun though.

MqlMwjB.jpg

Edited by Ebrim
  • Like 2

For reals though, stuff like this is great data for the feedback tracker. <3

Im sure the Test Lead will love to see detailed bug reports on Monday morning.

How would I even report that though? It's not a crash and It's all very subjective. I think the video posted earlier with the guy starving to death in 4 mins would make the meat of a great tracker report but my vague drunken recollections....less so:D

Edited by freethink

How would I even report that though? It's not a crash and It's all very subjective. I think the video posted earlier with the guy starving to death in 4 mins would make the meat of a great tracker report but my vague drunken recollections....less so:D

You'd report a serious issue with rate of energy and hydration consumption - provide the exact server and time you were on, as well as details on exactly how long it took to starve and what you were doing.

• Like 1

Not sure but apples are op at the moment

Dude, I am passing out from hunger before I can even get close to an apple tree.  No shit, I can get a max of 125 meters from my spawn point before passing out from starvation or thirst.

You'd report a serious issue with rate of energy and hydration consumption - provide the exact server and time you were on, as well as details on exactly how long it took to starve and what you were doing.

I would but I'm the guy it didn't happen to. There's a video maybe a page or two back and I told the guy to post to the tracker. He starves in 4:35mins.

Here's the vid:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/225392-exp-update-057128035/?view=findpost&p=2270084

Edited by freethink

You mean like this?  This is a serious issue for me too.

http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=25033

That's great to know it would be important hicks. What would the noise to signal (status report) pertain too then? What would noise be?

Sure hope it does, cause this sucks:

Same shit happening to me, I completely uninstalled the game and reinstalled it, validated, the works.  Did NOT help one bit.  Berries are completely useless for me to eat as I will starve while picking them and EATING them.  It's crazy. I reported it here

http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=25033

Now I think I see what the hell that one fellow was trying to tell us last week.

Been on a first-person server for a while. 

Before it restarted, I died from starvation twice in 40 minutes. I have heartily been down the berries, apples etc route enough times recently so was on lazy mode tonight. Anyway, 2 starvations and then the server restarted. Three deaths from starvation in 15 minutes. The most recent life, I died after spawning in the SE area of Prigorodki and trying to run, without stopping, to Dobky. I passed out from starvation before getting there. This is bobbar.

You are not alone, a few of us are having this issue.  http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=25033

Well, things are running fine for me. If you need a saline kit, head on over to the police station in Svet.

EDIT: Also, actually finding apples in the apple trees. Also, how does one use the feedback tracker?

Edited by Styrke
  • Like 1

woaw, never seen anything like this. definitely a bug, no way you can survive with such fast and furious energy drain.

There are some very cold servers out there. On this cold servers its very hard to survive, if you can´t find some warm clothes you will starve while berry picking.

I am very fortunate to have gotten around 9 to 10 hours of this build under my belt today (too many hours, honestly). Throughout that time, I had the good fortunate of needing only one character as I was unaffected by the issue with hunger/thirst that many of you are experiencing (and for that I am grateful).

Got a few hours in with BleedoutBill and Dudester, and Nuggit tried to join us but had the login-and-die bug before he could reach us :( We managed to establish a camp and get some vegetables growing in front of our tent. All in all I had a relatively "normal" DayZ experience today I suppose.

Was able to check out the newly-enterable guard house:

2F2lYuD.jpg

9E5Ie1S.jpg

TSWqx0M.jpg

DlB8K15.jpg

0eZrrS5.jpg

Ventured around the school at Novaya Petrovka:

rbr9tiA.jpg

VEFN75J.jpg

rVIlb6O.jpg

9JUigqB.jpg

Set up camp with Bill and Dudester:

rroXBH3.jpg

zpV4doo.jpg

6N4MCwQ.jpg

Ended the evening like this:

h9iF1D8.jpg

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 8

Oh yeah? I opened a can of bacon and dropped 96% of it. I see they brought back the infected as well... I'll have to head up to Novaya.

Holy Lord and Baby Jesus, Talk about Hard Core!! Played .57 exactly 6 times every time I have died of Starvation!  Dear Lord baby Jesus please help me to find a can of food, or a chicken, hell a berry bush would suffice at this point.  Cant get inland far enough to find the unlooted areas, and not a drop of food anywhere.  The one time I did find 2 cans of food I couldnt eat any of it, eat all infinite wait period cancel action and just eat still infinite wait...result Unconcious, Arrrghhh!!! Ok, Hick's we get the point the game is supposed to be hard, but Come on!....how bout an Air drop, lol.  Ok, back at it!  I am determined to find some food and stay alive for round #7!! Good Luck to everyone!!

~SOfA~

PS:  Ok, so Round 7, 8, 9, 10, and 11, went very badly.  However, finally got my gruby little hands on some apples, about 8 of em and so far so good.  holy crap, that was one Wing Ding of a Ride.  Thank you Lord baby Jesus Who ert up in the Sky all swaddled up in his Angelic blankey tucked up in Heaven, Apples for all and to all try not to die! ;)

Edited by Sofa_K1ng
  • Like 3

Berry bushes are keeping me just at the brink of starvation. On my third life in an hour, and I can't get my hunger gone.  Even if I sit in between two berry bushes munching for a half hour, if I try to jog more than a hundred meters, I start taking damage from starvation.  I've added detailed notes to report on this issue already, including, server details, time survived, items consumed, and estimate of activity levels.

This has got to be a bug related to the rate at which your status feed updates. I get two new updates to my hunger/temperature status feed for each roll at the berry bush.

HAS ANYONE FOUND A SERVER WHERE ACCELERATED STATUS DEGRADATION IS NOT AN ISSUE YET?

Edited by emuthreat
  • Like 2

Well, I haven't emcountered the same bug as the others with food/starvation, but I have noticed hunger sets in faster and degrades faster. Blood loss seemed to accelerate the hunger issue more, normal when the system is running fine but an issue with the current build. All add this info to the bug report linked above.

Did have an encounter with a couple of the new zombies. They're movement speed isn't as fast as before, and I was able to avoid some of the attacks. Landing body shots with fists seemed to have a stun effect on the zed, because it would stop in its attack animation and stand still for a second before attacking again. The behaviors defiantly different from the zeds on stable. Second encounter was when I was checking out a two story red house. Walked in the entrance and cleared the lower floor, glanced up the stairs and almost crapped my pants when I saw a zed at the top. It aggro'd and I was out of there within in a second and slammed the door behind me.

Edited by JTKnight
  • Like 2

Berry bushes are keping me just at the brink of starvation. On my third life in an hour, and I can't get my hunger gone.  Even if I sit in between two berry bushes munching for a half hour, if I try to jog more than a hundred meters, I start taking damage from starvation.  I've added detailed notes to report on this issue already, including time survived, items consumed, and estimate of activity levels.

HAS ANYONE FOUND A SERVER WHERE ACCELERATED STATUS DEGRADATION IS NOT AN ISSUE YET?

both US southcentral servers are fine, try them.

After an few apples your are green energy/hydration and ready to go inland.

Most other servers are to cold, you loose more energy of cold than you can get from apples/berries

Edited by wasnu

both US southcentral servers are fine, try them.

After an few apples your are green energy/hydration and ready to go inland.

Most other servers are to cold, you loose more energy of cold than you can get from apples/berries

1pp or 3pp?

Thank you.

• Like 1

Berry bushes are keeping me just at the brink of starvation. On my third life in an hour, and I can't get my hunger gone.  Even if I sit in between two berry bushes munching for a half hour, if I try to jog more than a hundred meters, I start taking damage from starvation.  I've added detailed notes to report on this issue already, including, server details, time survived, items consumed, and estimate of activity levels.

This has got to be a bug related to the rate at which your status feed updates. I get two new updates to my hunger/temperature status feed for each roll at the berry bush.

I had good luck on Southcentral2 0-2, it's 1pp.  It took a long ass time but I finally got healthy.  I am bypassing berries completely now since they seem to do me little to no good and just go for apples.  Thirst and Hunger are still an issue but not as bad as I was having on some other servers, I was on the verge a couple of times, took a bait pile of apples to keep me from being dead.. 

Have managed to get from the SE side of Cherno (Spawned in on the docks there by the large office building) up to the NE side of town. From there headed West on the main highway to the large office building with the monument, on through the industrial area, over to the fire station and now vicinity the water pump on the NW side near the piano house and small apple orchard.  

Only had one meeting engagement with a zed, that I won, the rest I bypassed.  I am at full energy and hydration as it stands right now (lost my healthy when the zed jumped me).

Phew, that was the most tense I have been in game in a long time.  Gee Eugen, thanks millions for the PTSD.

Edited by Barnabus

Well, things are running fine for me. If you need a saline kit, head on over to the police station in Svet.

EDIT: Also, actually finding apples in the apple trees. Also, how does one use the feedback tracker?

It's a separate account, just head over and sign up for it.  You can search for and view the issues others are having then vote them up or down based on preference and how high a priority you think it should have.   You can add comments to existing issues or add new issues as you come across them.