boneboys

Exp Update: 0.57128035*

Someone said a stick and 2 bandages. Something about making it burn longer with pristine bandages and also adding fuel to it. Haven't lived long enough to play with that lol. I'll try more starving tonight

:-P~~~

I didn't try adding any fuel to the torch when I made one. What do you add? Gasoline, alcohol, animal lard?

Well my luck just ran out. For some time my go to spots for loot in the exp has been guard towers, since they actually spawn some good high end civilian loot, including all sorts of ammo, backpacks, weapons and food. I was at Kabanino military base just looting the towers, since all the other buildings contained nothing interesting.

The place was full of military zombies, so my sledgehammer came to good use. Unfortunately that was also when bad luck hit me first. After having created another crawler zombie with my trusty hammer, I turned to the guard tower and used the ladder. But I still had the hammer in my hands, and although the animation showed that my guy placed the hammer on his back before grabbing on to the ladder, the hammer instead off showing up in the inventory completely disappeared. I only noticed it when I came back down and another zombie attacked. The action menu showed the hammer good and fine in slot 1, but when I tabbed and pressed 1 nothing happened. I scrolled my inventory and the hammer was gone. I retraced my steps but it was nowhere to be found. Swallowed by the great unknown. I had to use my chambered cr75 to take out the rest of the zombies. It was good fun, and I had plenty of 9mm, but I still missed my hammer.

Second stroke of bad luck hit me a short while later as I climbed the ladder of another guard tower. As usual I just peered my head into the tower, not bothering actually entering it, because the "Take" option appears on any loot present. And sure enough, 3 pristine kitchen knives. So I press my mmb pick up the first, the "Take" option is still there so I just press mmb twice to pick up the other 2 (I had plenty of inv space), however just after the first click the icon changes from "Take" to the icon image showing a ladder with a downward pointing arrow. It happens too fast for my mind to react and I just press mmb again to pick up that last damn knife, and of course that is when I order my character to let go of his hold on the ladder. The realisation comes to me as he starts to slide. Half a second later, a short thud is heard and the screen goes black: "You are dead".

I must admit a certain amount of pessimism overtook me after that. And it didn't help that the game crashes on account of memory leak after my new respawn outside of Elektro. I restarted twice and it crashes right after I join the server and take my first step.

It certainly can be a frustrating experience to play exp sometimes, but that damn ladder slide option is not part of the exp experience, that is just a stupid feature that should not have been introduced into this game. It serves no purpose whatsoever other as another method of suiciding (as if we needed another method to get killed by ladders).

Sorry for the rant. Just venting off some steam. Already feel better.

Sorry to hear that. Until things are fixed you need to manually put things in your hand and manually put then away. Autoswap is goofed and the weapon was actually on your back the whole time, just invisible. All you would have needed to do at that point was log off and back and you would be able to use it again. 

Someone said a stick and 2 bandages. Something about making it burn longer with pristine bandages and also adding fuel to it. Haven't lived long enough to play with that lol. I'll try more starving tonight

:-P~~~

I believe you get the option when dragging sticks on rags yes, might need more than 1 rag, not sure

I seem to have version 057.128035, but need ...050. However, Steam is not updating Dayz. Anyone else have this problem? I tried validating the Dayz files, but that came out as a clear. Will the client update later?

Edited by S3V3N

I seem to have version 057.128035, but need ...050. However, Steam is not updating Dayz. Anyone else have this problem? I tried validating the Dayz files, but that came out as a clear. Will the client update later?

Are you seeing servers up? If so, you'll need to be patient. The client update hasn't been pushed yet. They haven't even made an announcement yet... you're ahead of the game ;)

Eugen Harton @eugenharton

Experimental servers going offline for changes, new experimental build in the evening/morning

-snip-

Come on guys.... read the last 2 pages at least.

This should tell you that we are waiting on preload and updated servers. (Edit: not you, Tatanko)

That version number you're seeing... is the current one.

Edited by BioHaze

We have to wait a bit longer but maybe they made it today that would be nice.

Only 1 server so far but there were 2 other servers up a few minutes ago.

3rICd0751d.jpg

Edited by xCrankx

Are you seeing servers up? If so, you'll need to be patient. The client update hasn't been pushed yet. They haven't even made an announcement yet... you're ahead of the game ;)

There are 2 servers (US) showing up now and again - passworded - on version 128037

I see both EU/German servers DE01 + DE02 online. They show version 0.57.128050 - that explains my impatience :) And they are not passworded either. Good to hear client will be up soon, too!

You guys are seeing two internal debug servers. Makes sense that they would use German servers -- they're likely the closest to them geographically.

• Like 1

You guys are seeing two internal debug servers. Makes sense that they would use German servers -- they're likely the closest to them geographically.

Yeah, only seeing one Exp server up for now.

Shame they removed the underground sections, but I guess that just further highlights the limits of this engine. Shame.

Though, any news on what should be coming with this update? Is it a wholly new version, or more bugfixes and such?

I didn't try adding any fuel to the torch when I made one. What do you add? Gasoline, alcohol, animal lard?

I only used 1 rag and a branch, which I was able to lit. The only thing is that there's no visible flame even though it generates light.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/225392-exp-update-057128035/page-42#entry2270626

I only used 1 rag and a branch, which I was able to lit. The only thing is that there's no visible flame even though it generates light.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/225392-exp-update-057128035/page-42#entry2270626

Oh I know. I made one the other night when I was taking pictures in the basketball court. Looks goofy as nothing more than a hot, glowing stick  :lol:

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 1

What's new in this current build? It seems there was no wipe for this 240 mb patch. Still have both my characters.

No wipe with this patch! at least not for me on 1P servers.

Where do you get info like that from?

steam....

Right. "Library -> Downloads" on your Steam client.

• Like 1

Nothing wiped, hotbar seems far more responsive, as does zombies. Even if they are still extremely glitchy.

Found a landmine within <1 minute of playing, I take it spawn rates have been reset or the old system scrapped? Also able to double click items back into my inventory, in the version before this, they would simply disappear most of the time.

Lootsplosion and inception clothes still seem to be in.

Edited by Santa fox

Oh well...

Ran to nearest police station hoping for more RAK mags.

All doors closed I decided to have some fun with the winchester.

I rang the dinner bell and drew at least a few infected.

Apparently, the doors were wholly ineffective at holding them back and I found a zombie on top of me in short order.

My winchester now empty, I tried to squeeze by the zombie and draw my RAK on the move but apparently the infected shoved me through the low bars of the police station and I fell to my doom.

Oh well.

Hotbar worked better.

Different levels of infected awareness and reaction is fun to observe.

Guess I'll try fresh again in a minute.

I mean... I wanted a wipe... so yeah wipe.

• Like 3

Oh crap I'm almost back from lunch - hold on :-)