boneboys

Exp Update: 0.57128035*

. So yeah, a rope for a bow will always be required

You can use animal guts for the bow now as well :) You are right though as far as improv backpacks go.

I actually wanted to try it out for myself today, so I am trying to switch back to experimental and the launcher says I have 17 days and 18 hours to go. I HATE having to rely on motel wi-fi *sigh*

EDIT: Got ninja'd.. ^^

Edited by Demonica
  • Like 1

I HATE having to rely on motel wi-fi *sigh*

Dude, take a break ;)

• Like 2

This IS my break. I am currently up in The Dalles for a week, while Hubby goes to work, I hang out in the motel all day. With two dogs and my computer. :D

So are the Southeast servers still one of the best when it comes to the whole rapid hunger increase? I remember one of the East Servers was okay too until I died from Zeddies.

Edited by Demonica
  • Like 1

This IS my break. I am currently up in The Dalles for a week, while Hubby goes to work, I hang out in the motel all day. With two dogs and my computer. :D

So are the Southeast servers still one of the best when it comes to the whole rapid hunger increase? I remember one of the East Servers was okay too until I died from Zeddies.

The positive side of this post is that I wiki'ied "The Dalles" - interesting place.  I hope you have more luck with the wifi.

Edited by Ebrim
  • Like 1

Eugen Harton @eugenharton

Experimental servers going offline for changes, new experimental build in the evening/morning

You have got to be kidding... just when I finally was able to start the game... *sigh*

LOL I guess it's just gonna be one of those days for me... :emptycan: <_<

I'm actually okay with this, I am always more than happy when it comes to improvements on builds, so what the heck :-) I just seriously am NOT gonna switch back to stable now...

Edited by Demonica

You can use animal guts for the bow now as well :) You are right though as far as improv backpacks go.

I actually wanted to try it out for myself today, so I am trying to switch back to experimental and the launcher says I have 17 days and 18 hours to go. I HATE having to rely on motel wi-fi *sigh*

EDIT: Got ninja'd.. ^^

Ha I just read back what I wrote. What I meant to state was a rope would be required to make a bow to kill the animals once they sort out the ai and you can't just run up hacking them! Occasionally I write dumb things :)

• Like 2

Eugen Harton @eugenharton

Experimental servers going offline for changes, new experimental build in the evening/morning

You have got to be kidding... just when I finally was able to start the game... *sigh*

LOL I guess it's just gonna be one of those days for me... :emptycan: <_<

I'm actually okay with this, I am always more than happy when it comes to improvements on builds, so what the heck :-) I just seriously am NOT gonna switch back to stable now...

Crap, there go my plans for today. Does evening/morning mean Monday evening/Tuesday morning? Time zones seem kinda funky around here.

It's 5.30 pm over there so maybe after lunch in the States Pacific time :)

I wonder what they are up to right now... *sigh* Okay, so no DayZ for a while.. now what do I do? Oh grr... I might actually have to do something in *shiver*... Real Life.. ugh... ^^

Edited by Demonica

The timing for the updates has been super lucky for me these last few.

It's like the devs are watching me.... :ph34r:

I should have the rest of the day for whatever comes down the pipe!

KILL ME, PLEASE.

• Like 2

Alright, "lots of fresh activity at the Steam db" means I should probably go make my trip to the store now.

• Like 3

The timing for the updates has been super lucky for me these last few.

I should have the rest of the day for whatever comes down the pipe!

KILL ME, PLEASE.

Why yes, they are always watching *insert evil laugh here* B)

• Like 3

Well, OK then, time for a rest.

• Like 3

I found some tin foil in that green house, over there. Quick, go and make yourself an improvised hat and the devs won't be able to see what you are doing.

• Like 5

Yeah true, admittedly I killed the fox with a splitting axe, which I assume I won't be able to do when it all works better. So yeah, a rope for a bow will always be required as will a rope and sack for a backpack (unless there is another craftable backpack I don't know about?). I like the idea of making your own sewing kit, could use your idea of the shoe laces for that too rather than the rags. I would like to see a lot more improvised and crafted items added into the game, there is already a good set in there but expanding it further would be nice. 

There's two backpacks you can make with leather. There's an improvised backpack with more slots than the burlap sack version, which I think uses boar pelts, and a leather bag with deer pelts. Not sure how big it is - I've never bothered to make one. :)

But yeah, I'd like more craftables too - and I'm sure that they'll add more in. It'd be nice to be able to dye the leather clothing, too. Maybe we already can, I'm not sure - I've not found a barrel yet. :D

Edited by Beizs

Everytime I try to play, servers are down or I just can't connect.   sadface

Took me almost two hours to switch to experimental and once I finally had made it, the servers went down. It's just one of them there days <_<

• Like 1

Took me almost two hours to switch to experimental and once I finally had made it, the servers went down. It's just one of them there days <_<

Is it worth switching its been so long since ive played 

Is it worth switching its been so long since ive played 

If you don't know what you're getting into, then no.

If you don't know what you're getting into, then no.

well from what i read isnt it suppose to go stable soon anyways? 

I believe so, yes. Just read up on what's been happening and see if the bugs or current state on exp. are too annoying or not. Switching itself isn't really an issue I suppose. Stable will be wiped with the next update so it's up to you if you wanna play your stable char until the bitter end and then just go with the new version or not..

Edited by Demonica

well from what i read isnt it suppose to go stable soon anyways? 

With 3 updates pushed it might be delayed by another week, hard to say

Is there anything else new other than hunger/thirst bug? No one posted screenshots of torch, and how to craft and ignite it?

Someone said a stick and 2 bandages. Something about making it burn longer with pristine bandages and also adding fuel to it. Haven't lived long enough to play with that lol. I'll try more starving tonight

:-P~~~

After weeks of 0.55 I finally install 0.57 experimental to check it out and now servers are down? How do you guys even know they come back online soon? I haven't seen any announcements. How long does this take tonight? I wanna play sum ;)

EDIT>> nevermind they are coming back now!<<

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 1