boneboys

Exp Update: 0.57128035*

I had a really satisfying fight with a zombie yesterday using a hoe. Striking him and then following up on the stagger.

Sadly, punching them is much simpler and more straightforward but I hope that gets addressed with new damage model and balancing.

Edited by Ebrim

I haven't had DayZ crash on me in so long and it's not because I hit tab after I joined the game.

Perhaps you need a cpu upgrade in order to test properly.

I never had this problem in a stable version and why should i upgrade my cpu because of this problem makes no sense for me.

The game runs smooth the most of the time had no probs in the last 2 versions.

But in this build now i got less FPS for sure and i think im not the only one.

I never had this problem in a stable version and why should i upgrade my cpu because of this problem makes no sense for me.

The game runs smooth the most of the time had no probs in the last 2 versions.

But in this build now i got less FPS for sure and i think im not the only one.

I wouldn't worry too much; exp builds are not necessarily representative of anything. Edited by Ebrim
  • Like 1

when i start to eat an apple, the eating anim starts and then stops after 5 secs. the "cancel current action" appears and stays until i cancel the current action. i am not able to eat the apple.

same thing with searching for apples. the searching anim starts and after ~5sec stops. i can stand up walk around and after ~20 or 30 secs i get a mesage whether i found something or not. don't know if desync related or not

I noticed this on several servers and it can come and go on the same server.

EDIT: It can also affect certain individuals, but not others who are all on the same server.

Edited by BleedoutBill

Holy Lord and Baby Jesus, Talk about Hard Core!! Played .57 exactly 6 times every time I have died of Starvation!  Dear Lord baby Jesus please help me to find a can of food, or a chicken, hell a berry bush would suffice at this point.  Cant get inland far enough to find the unlooted areas, and not a drop of food anywhere.  The one time I did find 2 cans of food I couldnt eat any of it, eat all infinite wait period cancel action and just eat still infinite wait...result Unconcious, Arrrghhh!!! Ok, Hick's we get the point the game is supposed to be hard, but Come on!....how bout an Air drop, lol.  Ok, back at it!  I am determined to find some food and stay alive for round #7!! Good Luck to everyone!!

~SOfA~

PS:  Ok, so Round 7, 8, 9, 10, and 11, went very badly.  However, finally got my gruby little hands on some apples, about 8 of em and so far so good.  holy crap, that was one Wing Ding of a Ride.  Thank you Lord baby Jesus Who ert up in the Sky all swaddled up in his Angelic blankey tucked up in Heaven, Apples for all and to all try not to die! ;)

I'm surviving quite easily; by being the pumpkin Czar of Chenarus. Don't grow tomato's they are a waste of time

Edited by Scarcifer
  • Like 1

Everyone is crying about not finding food and I am just sitting in the far northwest rubbing my overfull belly.

I had a really satisfying fight with a zombie yesterday using a hoe. Striking him and then following up on the stagger.

Sadly, punching them is much simpler and more straightforward but I hope that gets addressed with new damage model and balancing.

I found the hockey bat to be surprisingly effective against both zombies and a survivor (who actually did not behave any different). Not so much against crawlers though.

Edited by Evil Minion

Here is an interesting development.

http://twitter.com/ctorchia/status/604888873223757824

It looks like our BiBs (Brothers in Bushes) are going to be sporting wood ... and just a little more deadly. On the other hand, once the squeakers are confronted with bullet trajectory and MIL-Dots, there might be a little less lead flying around Chernarus.

I'm surviving quite easily; by being the pumpkin Czar of Chenarus. Don't grow tomato's they are a waste of time

They aren't if tomatoes are all you've found.

It looks like our BiBs (Brothers in Bushes) are going to be sporting wood ... and just a little more deadly. On the other hand, once the squeakers are confronted with bullet trajectory and MIL-Dots, there might be a little less lead flying around Chernarus.

Please, let there be wind!  B)

…and spin drift

…and Coriolis effect

Have you guys been finding metal wire? I don't think I've seen any this build.

Yup! BleedoutBill and I both had a wire last night, and I even crafted and deployed a rabbit snare. Didn't have any luck with it, but I think half of that was due to the lag issues we were facing combined with my impatience  :lol:

• Like 4

I found 2 of them crafted a Rabbit snare and then the server restarts and it was gone. Then i try to craft another one and it

dissapeard because i had no space in my backpack but enough space in my Tactical Vest.

• Like 1

Are you finding them in sheds and industrial like before?

I think I found one in a deer stand.

• Like 1

Yes.  Found many during the first couple hours on a central 1pp server.  Saw one today in berezino.

Respawning seems to be working (was on northeast 0-2 1PP anyway).

I've been looking for barrels to play with crafted leather, haven't found any.  Then again, haven't seen a police car in a while.  Anyone find one of those??

Folks I have to heavily discourage you from getting the pitchforks out re: Experimental branch. 

• The branch is labeled unstable, this is for a reason
  • We *frequently* update / change / alter configurations on this branch and they can vary per server
  • As the name suggests, this branch is for the developers to experiment, thus the above remark

Seriously guys! Why are you guys complaining so much? First of all the game is in Alpha development, second your on the experimental server. It lets the developers experiment thus the "experimental" part. Chill out and enjoy the game. It's a lot of work to develop such a game, and resulting a lot and I mean a lot of problems arise during development. So chill out and let them test and experiment to get it right. I rather them do what they are doing now to work out all the kinks rather then them releasing a game full of bugs. So chill out enjoy the game and give back constructive criticisms. Thank you Hicks for responding and letting the player base know. 

• Like 1

I've seen a few wires in the taller hunting stands (and a jerry can in the stand too <_< )

It ;looks like Peter is soliciting feedback.

http://twitter.com/PeterNespesny/status/604946122109501440

Those of you who are shackled to an apple tree, or a berry bush, are you enjoying better responsiveness and less desynch???

Oh interesting. I was wondering if the consumtpion rates were increased because only couple apples and I was from brown starving to no indicator.

Only desync so far was when I tried to craft a torch on the ground. I never found where it went but I wasn't going to wait for long to see if it appears on the ground.

It's so amazing that the hotbar actually works and responses everytime + the character jumps everytime when you press jump button :)

Smoothest experience ever but seems like many others don't agree.

Edited by St. Jimmy

Glad to hear that you are having better luck. Did you merely switch servers, or is this also a new character?

Both

I am yes, you mean wire right?  I found one, crafted a snare but didn't have room for it in inventory and it went POOF!  No idea where it went.

Edited by Barnabus

Just found metal wire in one of those raised sheds that are always by train tracks.

Re: accelerated consumption:  I hadn't experienced any desync/issues while feasting on apples on one of these servers.  Responsiveness was always fine.  That said, apple trees working great so far today.

So I just spawned in after a restart, waited for a one minute cooldown for some reason. Only to see you are dead message US southcentral 01 7:05am CST. So what is this testing?

Your patience and dedication...

My buddy spawned in last night getting beaten by a zed, because he was in the middle of a field when it restarted.  I'm pretty sure that's what happened to you.  Pay attention to the restart warnings, and hang around a safe place for that last minute before reswtart.

Edited by emuthreat

i got every round about 10 minutes ..."no message recieved...." and than "kicked from battleeye".

I hold my wires and my seeds, can´t plant or catch an rabbit bevor i get kicked..

But ok, aplles do the same job but cooking rabbit on open fire is much more "stylish"  B)