boneboys

Exp Update: 0.57128035*

Can someone explain to me, wy servers on exp restart so often? 

I suppose it's because they only have minimal testing and are likely to crash, restarting helps keep them all up and running so the devs can collect as much data as possible

• Like 2

Did you try dragging them into your hands? That usually works for me if they can't be picked up straight from the ground.

I tried everything. My game has been all jacked up, since I had a CTD. Lots of strange things going on right now. I verified my files and I tried a different server, but I'm still experiencing lots of strangeness.

I'm switching to stable right now and then I'll come back to Exp later tonight. Hopefully, that will help.

i noticed A LOT of food and ammo noise too. in two days they will be gone : no canned food and ammo left, i think that's why we noticed improvement regarding parasitic sounds before this update :lol:

i had 4 CTD in 1h30 of gameplay, most of them in the beginning.

• Like 1

I found an Izh-18 and Blaze in the same building earlier, very neatly separated from each other (and both being hunting rifles made sense for their location) and I found a can opener in the most wonderfully appropriate spot. Things like this and the fact that often burlap and rope spawn together say to me that CLE is getting better and better. It gets me really excited for where it'll end up.

o96LD0K.jpg

Edited by Ebrim
  • Like 1

20 seconds to get the result of any interactive operation within the game such as eating,drinking,search for food in tree .... 20 seconds ... it was in UK5-01 then it's in UK3-1

Did you try dragging them into your hands? That usually works for me if they can't be picked up straight from the ground.

I've noticed this works every time for me:  Walk away some distance, at least 10 meters, but not more than 50 meters, come back, and you can interact and pick up the item.

Playing on southeast3  1pp.  Respawned in Svetlo after getting stuck under a house and starving to death.

Ran directly to an apple tree.  Spammed the tree, ate 10 apples and then starved to death.  Was yellow level hunger briefly, starved to death in 4 minutes.

Respawned near cherno apartments.  Ran to nearest apple tree.  Spammed 12 apples.  Died of starvation 3 minutes later.

Respawned south of Solnichniy.  Stood there.  Died in 4 minutes. Red Hunger/ Red dehydration.  Got my stopwatch out.

Respawned somewhere near Kamy. started stopwatch at 'scene ready'.  Waited to die.  Red starving at 2 minutes, 30 seconds.  Unconscious at 3:03.

I'm not totally sure, but I think there may be a problem here.  Funny thing is, my first attempt went fine.  Found some apples,  geared myself up, was doing fine.  I eventually logged out in a house because I had to run an errand.  Logged back in to see that I was stuck under a house.  Ran in place for 10 minutes to die of dehydration. (tried vault/log trick- no luck).  Since I died under the house and then relogged to southeast3 1pp (IIRC) I've died to starvation in record time.

Haven't had any crashes, lag, or hardware type issues.  Gonna try a different server and see if I get the same result.

Edit: More...

Logged onto Northeast 1  1pp.  Respawned near Cherno.  No problems.  Also wasn't affected by the cold, which probably exacerbated my hunger problem on the other server.  So, hypothesis is that cold weather is OP.  Also, servers have varying temperature settings.  Still no rain.

Edited by Parazight

What is up with the lag?  Where did the progress go over the last couple of months?  What the hell?

What is up with the lag?  Where did the progress go over the last couple of months?  What the hell?

yep huge lag for any action I do in this latest EXP

Well over an hour of gameplay at 1st person server. No problems. Game still crashes at exit. But no crashing during playing. Elektro spawn. Found food and Winchester 70. So off to inland. Yei at infected back. Heard shooting and saw one friendly player. That's about it. Now off to sleep. gg's.

played on the US 3pp servers and there was horrible lag. You would eat a can of food then carry it around for a minute and a half until it was finally registered as been consumed. A lot of items just wouldn't go in your inventory or you had to drag them into it 25-30 times. Vaulting was hit and miss. client crashed in game.

• Like 1

Holstering rifles still seems to be an issue. Found a Repeater, took it in my hands to shoot, went to put it on my back now it's completely gone.

same I had a SVD With mag :(

Yes I've noticed this as well,but i figured out how to correct this problem temporarily until it is properly fixed.Make sure to equip it to your hot bar.If it disappears push the hot bar button;  it will magically reappear in your hands then use the red-x to put it back in your inventory.Unless you put it in your hands from the hot bar then you want to use the hot bar to re-holster it.Gotta love Day Z magic and its nonsense....

Hope this information I discovered helps prevent/divert some catastrophes 

Edited by Scarcifer

I see you can open those loot explosion buildings now.  The ones in industrial and military areas.

My character seems to be getting hungry slower than usual too.  Good thing, because searching for an apple takes about 30 seconds now.

My character seems to be getting hungry slower than usual too.  Good thing, because searching for an apple takes about 30 seconds now.

Weird, I went from spawn, to dead because of starving in 1:30, uploading a video about that now

Been on a first-person server for a while. 

Before it restarted, I died from starvation twice in 40 minutes. I have heartily been down the berries, apples etc route enough times recently so was on lazy mode tonight. Anyway, 2 starvations and then the server restarted. Three deaths from starvation in 15 minutes. The most recent life, I died after spawning in the SE area of Prigorodki and trying to run, without stopping, to Dobky. I passed out from starvation before getting there. This is bobbar.

Been on a first-person server for a while. 

Before it restarted, I died from starvation twice in 40 minutes. I have heartily been down the berries, apples etc route enough times recently so was on lazy mode tonight. Anyway, 2 starvations and then the server restarted. Three deaths from starvation in 15 minutes. The most recent life, I died after spawning in the SE area of Prigorodki and trying to run, without stopping, to Dobky. I passed out from starvation before getting there. This is bobbar.

Switch servers or at least, relog.  should help.

I spawned in t he SE and quickly had a vest and taloon backpack and brass knuckles.

Tried to stealth around but started a zombie conga line.

Ran into police station and began to loot while the crowd gathered outside.

The sound they made was deafening.

I heard a door but thought I imagined it as who would be so crazy as to enter this building.

A moment later a guy comes up, total bambi.

I had knuckles up and tried to profess friendly but apparently didnt key the chat right away.

Thankfully he didnt attack and then when I put my mic on we still couldnt really talk because the zombies were so loud.

He is now competeing with me for the loot in the building and im worried he will turn on me ASAP.

I manage to get a RAK and a single can of beans and i tried to ask him if he had a RAK mag but the exchange was garbled.

He says, "you want to make a break for it?", and I said NO but he then opened the door and proceeded to draw most of the infected down the road behind him.

I ran out, a little dumbfounded and arched around the police building considering doubling back when I noticed at least half a dozen more infected still at the front door.

I've had enough of this and enough of the coast so I bypass the rest of the civilian houses and just strike out North.

As soon as I check my status I realized I was going into red hungry very rapidly, and I decided to jog everywhere.

Next there came a deerstand which provided me with a hunting scope.

Soon after that I came upon a castle and I was able to arm myself with a longsword and found a bag of rice!

Jogging a little further I came to a pond, just as I began dying of starvation, and risked drinking unclean pond water.

A belly full of pond water and a bag of rice later had me far on the other side of starving now but certainly not healthy yet either.

I trudged forth and found myself in Staroye, most of the houses were looted, but I found a can opener in the nearly bare police station.

I ate my beans and drank some well water and kept going....

After getting a little lost I finally made my way North and found a good size town where no one had stripped the civilian locations.

Eventually, I ended up with a winchester with scope, a rak with 2 15rnd mags in my highcap vest, and a long sword.

When the servers I was on were responding well, things were plenty playable.

When they lagged, it was typically frustrating.

Most of my experience was actually pretty smooth.

Now I'm going to get ready to see my pianist girlfriend perform in a classical ensemble playing video game and anime music!

:D

• Like 5

Switch servers or at least, relog.  should help.

Sure hope it does, cause this sucks:

• Like 1

I have to say I'm enjoying this version. Played what I thought was the Dayz story line... Spawned on the coast, ran for the hills foraging as I went. Struggle for ages to get enough to survive, even got sick. Fighting the cold and desperately trying to add a gardening tool to my equipment so I could plant the pumpkin seeds I found. The drink bottle was a stroke of luck, and the berries and apples got me through, until  the great moment arrived...

A HOE!!!

Living the high life now. No more berries for me...

ps. Met Billy the goat in my travels too, never seen one in game before.

Still haven't fixed the loot spawning, that's a biggie to fix but it is quite hard to test the stuff they've added when you loot a whole village and find not a single piece of loot, also anyone else getting an issue where they play through the eat animation on a can of food [i've tried on multiple cans] and it doesn't eat no matter how long you wait you have to cancel animation and leave it.

Wish I could get some experimental in , but apparently the summer flu is sweeping across my neighborhood and fucking shit up so 'til I pee my soul out I'm stuck to the bed , post good pics of awesome stuff here plox!!

• Like 3

That is bizarre. I haven't died in this exp at all but I would've if I had the same conditions as you. Post it to the tracker, man. No biggie if someone has already posted it. Too many reports is better than too few. ty for sharing.

• Like 1

So, WOBO tested it in his 0.57 Exp stream right now and the freshspawn starvation is real indeed.

A little over 2 minutes when sprinting, about 3 minutes jogging and around the same time standing around idle. They're definitely testing something.  :rolleyes:

woaw, never seen anything like this. definitely a bug, no way you can survive with such fast and furious energy drain.

• Like 1

So, WOBO tested it in his 0.57 Exp stream right now and the freshspawn starvation is real indeed.

A little over 2 minutes when sprinting, about 3 minutes jogging and around the same time standing around idle. They're definitely testing something.  :rolleyes:

I've been a freshspawn twice today and haven't starved once, one time even involved a swim from Skalisty island before eating anything. So is this just affecting some people? If so, how did he test it?