boneboys

Stable - 0.51 Discussion

As I said already I found a lot of wellies, boonie hat, and raincoat jackets, on boats. I even took some pictures.

And you are sure it is on the current stable build you have found this? I found lots of that stuff as well in latest exp, but I haven't been finding anything, nothing, nada, on current stable. And I have been very persistent in my search.

Edited by BadAsh

Does your guy have any notifications?  Like

I am feeling hungry

or

I could really use a cigarette

or

Just give me a fix man, just one bump!

I do get this.

I feel like having a fap.

or

Damn where are the girls already?

or

I'm feeling horny.

didn´t find anything on boats today, i was on 5 different servers and checked the whole east coast

Edited by goofert

If you are using Exp and want to play Stable, you will need to opt out of Exp. (DayZ.exe error).

In the past both versions (Stable & Exp) have been compatible, this is not so with 0.51 build.

Or ... you could sign yourself up for a second Steam account. DayZ is still cheap and a second Steam account costs exactly 0. If you have a really slow connection (like me) this saves a lot of time waiting for those pesky downloads to finish.

Twice the fun!

Edited by BleedoutBill

Had this before the stable on the exp. 51 - had completely healthy status as well as hydrated and so on. Couldn't get rid of it - very annoying!

Neither deer stands nor small boats [netting boats] have been spawning loot for me.

I've found netting at the small boats today on stable. Those you came across might have been looted. They still spawn wellies, raincoats, boonies, fishing hooks, rope and netting.

And you are sure it is on the current stable build you have found this? I found lots of that stuff as well in latest exp, but I haven't been finding anything, nothing, nada, on current stable. And I have been very persistent in my search.

Yes no doubt, I found some on GB 1-259 a few minutes ago.

• Like 1

I've found netting at the small boats today on stable. Those you came across might have been looted. They still spawn wellies, raincoats, boonies, fishing hooks, rope and netting.

It must only be working on like a couple servers then lol I still find it impossible to believe every boat on the coast is looted of all the wellies, raincoats, boonies, hooks, rope, and netting. Also even people on private shard servers haven't found anything. Granted there are now two people in this thread stating they found stuff I'm still skeptical 

Maybe you have a HID connected to your pc? Such as a joystick or gamepad? And the stick for example has some noise in it and is bound to certain movements? Try unplugging joysticks etc. to see if that's the problem.

people on reddit said starting a fire and warming up fixed this for them

try it out

WTF THIS WORKED. I had no indicator that I was cold. 

Thank you

Edited by Lorax
  • Like 1

It must only be working on like a couple servers then lol I still find it impossible to believe every boat on the coast is looted of all the wellies, raincoats, boonies, hooks, rope, and netting. Also even people on private shard servers haven't found anything. Granted there are now two people in this thread stating they found stuff I'm still skeptical

New character started today. No experimental possible as there are none currently. Fresh spawn between Cherno and Elektro, found the netting on the boats near the shore between the two said towns.

9ar6lg.jpg

Private shard server US775 Complete Day/Night cycle No PW.

Edited by Odin Lowe
  • Like 2

I am stuck in a loop! What's the secret handshake?!?!?!

OK, I just updated to the latest 0.51 stable. Before playing, I launched FRAPS and decided to get a little more serious about raising my frame rate. I turned clouds down, disabled ambient occlusion, etc., etc. and then launched the game.

I spawned, took about six steps and then I got a popup that says "Confirmation of Changes ... Authentication Timeout." When I click the "Continue" button it takes me back to the main menu. So, I click "Play" ... "Spawning in 59 seconds ..." spawn and then in about thirty seconds, whether I move, or not I get a popup that says "Confirmation of Changes ... Authentication Timeout."

Sometimes, just before I spawn I get the popup that says "Confirmation of Changes ... Authentication Timeout."

I initially made about four, or five changes to my configuration, but I have made about fifteen trips around this loop. Does anyone know how to stop the madness, or do I need to submit a help ticket?

Hello all,

I'm trying to figure out if other people's guns are shaky after the 0.51 update, or whether it is just me. I noticed it first when looking through my Long Range scope, and then my PSU, and finally when looking down the sights of my mosin. It definitely seems buggy on my end, and after searching the forums it looks like people had a similar issue after the 0.45 release.

Edit: I am fully healthy and even used a splint to make sure I didn't have a fracture that wasn't registering.

Update: Used morphine thinking I might be shaking because of pain, but didn't work. Also noticed that my hand gun is shaking too. Then I looked very closely at my hands while laying down and I looks like my whole body is shaking. So the problem is in the character and not the items you are holding...I think.

FIXED Update: I started a fire as someone suggested below, and after standing next to it for a second I stopped shaking. There was no cold indicator and I was fully healthy, energized, and hydrated. Don't know if it is a bug where if you get cold once you need to warm by a fire to reduce the shaking...we may never know

stop running around so much and it should fix it. it takes a while for you to catch your breathe

Kuru / Prion disease is caused by eating raw human flesh, you may be infected. Vitamins can stave off symptoms such as shaking, uncontrollable laughter and crying.

There is no known cure for Kuru / Prion disease, it's similar to 'Mad Cow' disease.

At least that is the impression I get from Wikipedia, Dayz wiki - 'vitamins', I might be wrong so feel to correct me guys.

Edited by danz

I think as long as I can find enough to make a head piece I will be happy. I can totaly live with mosin burlap rap.

• Like 1

I think as long as I can find enough to make a head piece I will be happy. I can totaly live with mosin burlap rap.

It "should" be deleted, but Eugen shouldn't work until so late in the night .... :)

• Like 2

Or ... you could sign yourself up for a second Steam account. DayZ is still cheap and a second Steam account costs exactly 0. If you have a really slow connection (like me) this saves a lot of time waiting for those pesky downloads to finish.

Wouldn't this require you to buy a second copy of the game? Why not just have two folders on your harddrive? Worked for me so far.

Somewhere you have a folder named "SteamApps". If you copy the DayZ appmanifest file (221100) and the actual "DayZ" game folder located in the "common" subfolder, you have backed up all files relevant to the branch you are playing (stable/experimental). Then switch branches within Steam and you have the files for both. Keep them updated by closing Steam, renaming the backed up appmanifest file and the game folder back to the original names, then starting Steam again. Steam will know which branch you are using (and show it in the library if you use experimental files), given you did everything right.

Don't now what happens if you mix up appmanifest and folder of different branches... Pro tip: Rename the currently used files according to the branch they belong to in order to avoid confusion.

Sorry for going off topic :)

It "should" be deleted, but Eugen shouldn't work until so late in the night .... :)

LOL now thats a weird mosin bug, I kind of strangly want to see it :thumbsup:

Finally got out of hard labor , and took a swing at the new stable... it is .... just amazing .. Apart from not finding a v3s yet, i've noticed that this patch is incredibly smooth, actions happen right when requested and changing weapons via the hot bar works like a breeze, also jumping works as soon as you press it as well! Since this patch hit stable i finally have found servers that go from day to night (loving the transition , sunset is usually an orangey pink around Chernarus , something i've forgotten over time). That brings up a good question though, now that there is nightime servers again, will the V3S have working lights? Or will that be saved for another patch, because it would be an awesome surprise if they already had them =).. Oh and i figured out another spawn for Gas Canisters, and the one i found in the picture was 95% !

l7lwKCa.jpg

Also , while hunting for a truck around Severograd (damn compass mislead me lol) i realized this amazing piece of work was put into the game and hardly anyone uses it as a base ... Until I find my V3S that is .....

UMkJpyU.jpg

• Like 3

Wouldn't this require you to buy a second copy of the game? Why not just have two folders on your harddrive? Worked for me so far.

Somewhere you have a folder named "SteamApps". If you copy the DayZ appmanifest file (221100) and the actual "DayZ" game folder located in the "common" subfolder, you have backed up all files relevant to the branch you are playing (stable/experimental). Then switch branches within Steam and you have the files for both. Keep them updated by closing Steam, renaming the backed up appmanifest file and the game folder back to the original names, then starting Steam again. Steam will know which branch you are using (and show it in the library if you use experimental files), given you did everything right.

Don't now what happens if you mix up appmanifest and folder of different branches... Pro tip: Rename the currently used files according to the branch they belong to in order to avoid confusion.

Sorry for going off topic :)

Yes, I play on two different computers, with different settings on each and I have a second copy of the game. As I said initially, the game is cheap and my Internet connection is ridiculously slow. I just downloaded Far Cry 4 and it took nearly forty hours, if that gives you any idea of what I have to deal with. With two computers I can play on one, while the other is updating. With only one copy of the game, it literally takes me hours to change back and forth between stable and experimental. Hours that could be better spent dispatching zeds to their final reward. Mine is an extreme situation, so YMMV.

This solution may not be for everyone, but it works for me, as I have a special circumstance.

Has anyone even been able to craft a ghillie-suit? I found a couple of nettings and tried combining them with a burlap sack just like I did in Experimental, but I had no success.

I also tried with burlap strips.

Image in link.

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/23972101197863737/4243D1DED6B75261FE67401B425468431AADD7C7/

Edit: I found out you need way more nettings for the ghillie-top at least, but I still can't even craft a gunwrap with those two. Huh...

Edited by SpoonWraith