boneboys

Stable - 0.51 Discussion

I truest don't care that if I lost my guy to a gun fight or something In game, I had my guy than the next 20 server to join looking for my guy nope not there.

Hate to be that guy, but uhhh, Alpha Reminder.

One of two things probably happened here.

1. You joined a server right after a restart, in which case, your character is gone. NEVER join a server if it says 8:00 or 12:00, those times are what I call the DANGER ZONE, in which joining will result in the loss of your character.

2. You logged onto a private shard, in which case, just go back to a public hive server.

It's an Alpha game, expect frequent character wipes. 

Heard a rumor that hand held radios will be fixed in 0.51, AND that they will temporary have radius of 30km, making people able to call across the map.

Radios ARE fixed now (they didn't work in 0.5 if you didn't know), as you can change the channel and stuff, and I have been calling in on many full servers but never had a reply.

Are everyone compeletely ignoring radios? Or is it just that nobody knows about about this since patch notes didn't say anything about this.

Can anyone even confirm that radios have increased range?

EDIT. PROOF

http://dayzintel.com/dayz-standalone/walkie-talkies-new-side-chat

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/26mtqr/suggestion_radio_broadcasting_with_actual/chsp0xf?context=1

Edited by korpisoturi

So has anyone found a truck (v3s) that spawned in the east somewhere ? It seems that the eastern spawns don't spawn v3s at all :0 ! I've been to only about eight servers and checked a total of about 17 spawn points (many multiples of each other , like I checked the chernaya Polyana spawn at least 5 times on 5 different servers ) .. I aka because me and a friend just wanna see her beauty and power since the last update , I've only played it on experimental, and got too many stuck on flimsy fences lol I hope we can at least get off of those damn fences now :) .

Don't know about this myself, but if what you say is true, I simply can't wait to try it out!

Huh? Did you even bother to read it? His post contains nothing of the sort, in fact he is pointing out the exact same thing you are, namely that the most likely explanation is that the character was killed during logout.

Yes I did. The difference is that I don't automatically assume that the player is at fault, or that if it's possible that they've made a mistake they are therefore unworthy of courtesy.

That reddit post was from 6 months ago breh.

[–]Hicks_206Producer 11 points

6 months ago

But if you can find some footage of it working with the current build, I'd believe you. Right now I think it is ~800m

Im still looking for the V3S. I hope to see more vehicles soon. :)

Just another Canadian player :) 
Edited by Thumper1999

Thank the maker. That's a very frustrating, inconsistent glitch. Nothing worse than thinking you've got a supply of water only to realize you can't use it  :|

Sometimes drink all works, sometimes it doesnt. Drink always seems to work

• Like 1

So has anyone found a truck (v3s) that spawned in the east somewhere ? It seems that the eastern spawns don't spawn v3s at all :0 ! I've been to only about eight servers and checked a total of about 17 spawn points (many multiples of each other , like I checked the chernaya Polyana spawn at least 5 times on 5 different servers ) .. I aka because me and a friend just wanna see her beauty and power since the last update , I've only played it on experimental, and got too many stuck on flimsy fences lol I hope we can at least get off of those damn fences now :) .

My friend and I found one in Gorka last night and had a brief firefight with a squad over it. That's kind of East I think lol

My friend and I found one in Gorka last night and had a brief firefight with a squad over it. That's kind of East I think lol

Ooh gorka , I haven't hit that spot much ... Beans to you when I get home and off of these mobile forums mate !

See you on FM 87.8 :)

That you will bro :D

Ooh gorka , I haven't hit that spot much ... Beans to you when I get home and off of these mobile forums mate !

I also recommend jumping on servers right as they come up rather than servers that have been up for a while

Yes I did. The difference is that I don't automatically assume that the player is at fault, or that if it's possible that they've made a mistake they are therefore unworthy of courtesy.

No, instead you usually stomp your feet and blame the developers for incompetence.  

• Like 1

For those looking who ever find a truck in Gorka...  I saw a jerry can in the shed behind the piano house (where all the agricultural bldgs are) in Novy Sobor last night -- may be the closest one to Gorka (if the spawn gods are smiling on you).

Willing to share where in Gorka it was?

For those looking who ever find a truck in Gorka...  I saw a jerry can in the shed behind the piano house (where all the agricultural bldgs are) in Novy Sobor last night -- may be the closest one to Gorka (if the spawn gods are smiling on you).

Willing to share where in Gorka it was?

I saw a gas can this morning in a shed near the police station in Berezino, East side of town. I spawned on the hill above the ship then ran to Berezino. Started looting and checked the shed for a weapon and there was the gas can. It was about %70 I think.

That reddit post was from 6 months ago breh.

[–]Hicks_206Producer 11 points

6 months ago

But if you can find some footage of it working with the current build, I'd believe you. Right now I think it is ~800m

That's true, but Dayzintel article is last month. Also radio has been broken long time, did they actually ever increase the range to 30km before? What is it now?

I just found helicopter crash loot today... But there was no helicopter.. Im not sure if it was persistent or not.
And people were indeed finding helis left and right... I seen both streamers finding them and i have seen tons of people running around with m4a1's they got from helis and then duped them for storage.

Edited by Lindecrantz1

I found a helo crash on a server that in the description said persistence was on.  It was the russian helo crash had 7 different items one being and ak 101.

I saw it somewhere recently.. day or 2 ago. The devs stated fixing heli crashes on persistent servers is not a high priority. 

So I doubt its fixed. A lot of servers still have a title claiming persistence, but its off if you find  heli crash.. Im pretty sure. 

Hmm, I was walking on the beach north of Svetlo (looking for the same thing as everyone else), suddenly I had no backpack and seconds later I was standing in the water with no gun. I just love that s**t...

Edited by FragBeer

I found an actual Heli Crash ( Visible Heli ) at NWAF today, I think the server's name was TRUgaming, anyways got there, got really excited, then got my head blown off by some camper-noob watching the crash site.