boneboys

Stable - 0.51 Discussion

Are vehicles sort of common? Like if you play on a high pop server and go to Berenzino are you pretty much guaranteed to find people driving about?

Because at this point, I just want to have some fun in the game, getting chased down, stealing trucks etc guessing people are actively seeking them out anyway.

Only three on each server. And they run out of fuel very fast. And the jerry cans needed to fill it up can also be hard to find. You will surly see one eventually, but it wont be common.

new bug? i got hit by a zombie and now i'm shaking when i aim or use binoculars.

morphin, painkillers and bandage couldn't fix it :(

also: i can't attach visor on my helmet and i can't paint my axe green. well it says that it's green but it's not.

should i respawn?

This was in exp. I too thought it was the result of taking damage. Meds don't fix it.

I was told that it's from being cold, & spending a few minutes by a fire will fix it. I've yet to test this myself though, so take that with a grain of salt.

Any info about this prion disease? I see some discussion in the forum, but i didn't understand how this will affect the game.

drinking from ponds does work again

cars work flawless for me, i was quite surprised how well they work ..

painting a firefighter axe does not work as mentioned above

netting is really really rare.. (so it is quite hard to get a full ghillie, which is good.

Does this fix chopper crash models not spawning?

Nope. Per Eugen on Reddit, servers with persistence turned on are still not showing the helicopters (they're invisible, but the loot spawns). On servers with persistence disabled, they show correctly.

Did they changed something to the anticheat software and duping mechanics ? 

Nope. Per Eugen on Reddit, servers with persistence turned on are still not showing the helicopters (they're invisible, but the loot spawns). On servers with persistence disabled, they show correctly.

Darn, ok, I guess I will continue to play on non-persistence server then. 

• Like 1

Has anyone even found netting yet? I haven't seen anything spawning at the little boats (not even hats or shoes)

DayZ ist constantly crashing for me since the stable patch.

Error Message ist Dayz stopped working. Appears apparentyl after 15 - 30 minutes..

Did they changed something to the anticheat software and duping mechanics ? 

BattlEye was updated, I believe. I can't comment on the second part of your question.

No, I saw a Soviet helicopter on a persistent server. They are fixed, and they don't spawn in the floor anymore. They spawn much more loot too.

V3S are shit, they can't climb a hill and mine got stuck between trees.

Edited by Karakoz

Checked a few servers and quite a few boats, no loot is spawning at the only location where netting can be found. I am lead to assume then that netting isn't spawning and ghillies wont be seen this update.

i found netting in rural houses north of zelenogorsk and little wood cabin in kamyshovo in exp. never even checked a boat but had 6 netting in my inventory ;)

i found netting in rural houses north of zelenogorsk and little wood cabin in kamyshovo in exp. never even checked a boat but had 6 netting in my inventory ;)

It used to spawn in barns and such before, perhaps you found it before the vehicle update on exp? Still, I'd like to see someone say they found it on stable D:

Also, I can't wait to find a tent. How does this work on persistent servers when they have their maintenance? The tent disappears? Or what?

It used to spawn in barns and such before, perhaps you found it before the vehicle update on exp? Still, I'd like to see someone say they found it on stable D:

Netting wasn't added until 0.51 at the same time as vehicles, so he didn't find it in 0.50 Stable. Perhaps you're thinking of burlap strips? Those get crafted though, you don't find them.

I fail to understand your comparison. Ghillie suits are something anyone could make from woodland materials in real life pretty easily and such an idea fits the nature and style of DayZ. Gold guns would be a completely function-less addition which would actually detract from the nature of the game. Nothing in common whatsoever.

If you just want to whine about people being able to hide better, leave it out of the Experimental discussion and take it elsewhere.

Unless you wanted to RP as a druglord with bling and a squad of gun toting lackeys.

• Like 2

Cars disappear on restart on persistent servers confirmed

edit> and now im stuck in the middle of nowhere

Edited by ManInTheWall

Netting wasn't added until 0.51 at the same time as vehicles, so he didn't find it in 0.50 Stable. Perhaps you're thinking of burlap strips? Those get crafted though, you don't find them.

ghillie suits were added before vehicles. There was two patches on exp for .51. I am referring to netting

I fail to understand your comparison. Ghillie suits are something anyone could make from woodland materials in real life pretty easily and such an idea fits the nature and style of DayZ. Gold guns would be a completely function-less addition which would actually detract from the nature of the game. Nothing in common whatsoever.

If you just want to whine about people being able to hide better, leave it out of the Experimental discussion and take it elsewhere.

First of all, this isn't experimental, this is stable.

Second of all, lol no, a ghillie suit is not something anyone could make pretty easily. And they're very heavy, and very hot. There's a reason every soldier isn't equipped with one. Even in a climate like in Chernarus, you're easily hitting over 50 degrees celsius in that thing. That's hot as fuck.

• Like 1

I saw nothing on the patch notes about helo crashes coming back to persistent servers in .51, but with the new weapons being added and new type of helo crash, I would assume they should?

It seems like on .50 people were finding them left and right, but 95% of the servers I see are persistent. So I'm a little confused.. Anyone have info on this? Thanks.

HOOORAY!!! Thank you developer's for getting us an update like this before the xmas holidays. Vehicles may not work the way people want them to, but the fact that we now have vehicles is a breath of fresh air and I can't wait to get home and start searching for one! 

Thanks again!!! 

Checked a few servers and quite a few boats, no loot is spawning at the only location where netting can be found. I am lead to assume then that netting isn't spawning and ghillies wont be seen this update.

Loot spawns on those boats. I found wellies there.