boneboys

Stable - 0.51 Discussion

ghillie suits were added before vehicles. There was two patches on exp for .51. I am referring to netting

Okay... well, we're still talking about the Stable branch, are we not? Unless he was mistaken about which thread he was posting in, then nothing he did in Experimental has any impact on where he found netting in Stable. The two do not share a character save, so it's not like he would have been able to carry netting with him from Experimental to Stable.

Edited by Tatanko

First of all, this isn't experimental, this is stable.

Second of all, lol no, a ghillie suit is not something anyone could make pretty easily. And they're very heavy, and very hot. There's a reason every soldier isn't equipped with one. Even in a climate like in Chernarus, you're easily hitting over 50 degrees celsius in that thing. That's hot as fuck.

My mistake, doing a lot of posting in both threads this morning.

Either way, my point stands: whining about ghillie suits is stupid and in no way compares to golden guns.

Asome!! I left my avatar off near the new fishing village, hopfully I will be all ghillied up real quick.

Edited by CJFlint

Can't wait to get out of work today to play some stable ... I wanna go farm for some goodies that people will pay a high price for on the trading forum :) .. Helicopters here we come ? Hopefully ?

What hill was it?

The incline wasn't that big, maybe 25°.

Edited by Karakoz

Okay... well, we're still talking about the Stable branch, are we not? Unless he was mistaken about which thread he was posting in, then nothing he did in Experimental has any impact on where he found netting in Stable. The two do not share a character save, so it's not like he would have been able to carry netting with him from Experimental to Stable.

There seem to be some misunderstanding here. Zhoub posted saying they found netting in sheds in exp. Maia replied saying that netting did indeed spawn in sheds in the first build of 0.51 exp, but that they changed it in the second build of 0.51 exp to only spawn at boats. Hence netting should only spawn at boats in 0.51 stable. But if loot spawning on boats is bugged in 0.51 then netting wouldn't spawn at all in stable (however Karakoz seems to have found loot at boats in stable, so it is probably just a case of boats being heavily visited in the search for netting).

• Like 1

Can't wait to get out of work today to play some stable ... I wanna go farm for some goodies that people will pay a high price for on the trading forum :) .. Helicopters here we come ? Hopefully ?

Haha...next year perhaps. They struggle just to implement a have running truck!

Whoa too many V3S in the exp, im glad they arent persistent and only spawn in numbers of three after each restart....Its really good cus they can gradually increase the numbers or make them persistent as they make them harder to maintain and not in pristine condition (as they add parts to repair and etc.)

Where i can found nettling and v3s respawn points? I run like a crazy in electro to small boats to fund nettling but nothing there...

The incline wasn't that big, maybe 25°.

Sounds about the same as Gorka which I did from a standstill. The road from lower svet up the hill is pretty steep, I'll try that next time.

Were you actually on a road or driving up an actual hill. I did a bit of off roading, it didn't seem any different.

I did see some streamer struggle with the gorka hill before but I made it no prob.

Spray paint does not paint fireaxe. It consumes 25% of the can but the fireaxe remains without color. That is confirmed for green spray paint.

There seem to be some misunderstanding here. Zhoub posted saying they found netting in sheds in exp. Maia replied saying that netting did indeed spawn in sheds in the first build of 0.51 exp, but that they changed it in the second build of 0.51 exp to only spawn at boats. Hence netting should only spawn at boats in 0.51 stable. But if loot spawning on boats is bugged in 0.51 then netting wouldn't spawn at all in stable (however Karakoz seems to have found loot at boats in stable, so it is probably just a case of boats being heavily visited in the search for netting).

Im thinking maybe the loot he found was somebody threw something down there. I've been on quite a few servers and boat locations I know should spawn loot and literally nothing is there. I don't think people would heavily loot wellies and hats.

On .50 people were certainly not finding them left and right. That hasn't been the case since 0.48. Got tougher in 0.49 as the Mi-8 crashsites were introduced. Then it got still tougher in 0.50 when the UH60s, Mi-8s and (I always suspected) police car spawns were mixed in together. Then it got yet tougher when everyone realised that they just weren't spawning at all on persistent servers.

A technique developed of doing very long runs on non-persistent servers towards the end of 0.50. Certainly the shorter old runs (eg Green Mountain/Zeleno) were simply not viable.

You will always get the lucky people who accidentally find sites and post about it here. I'm hoping there's some kind of rethink on 0.51, but can't believe it's that high up the priority list.

• Like 1

Im thinking maybe the loot he found was somebody threw something down there. I've been on quite a few servers and boat locations I know should spawn loot and literally nothing is there. I don't think people would heavily loot wellies and hats.

No I have found a boonie hat a few seconds after writing my message. Most boats don't spawn anything, but some do.

Edited by Karakoz

No I have found a boonie hat a few seconds after writing my message. Most boats don't spawn anything, but some do.

Are you on a persistent server? I've checked like a hundred boats and absolutely nothing spawns.

Sencha, on 03 Dec 2014 - 10:57 AM, said:

First of all, this isn't experimental, this is stable.

Second of all, lol no, a ghillie suit is not something anyone could make pretty easily. And they're very heavy, and very hot. There's a reason every soldier isn't equipped with one. Even in a climate like in Chernarus, you're easily hitting over 50 degrees celsius in that thing. That's hot as fuck.

1. You take some clothes.

2. You sew some mesh onto the clothes

3. you stuff grass into the mesh.

They teach you all the skills necessary to do this in 6th grade home ec class..

literally every kid who has played outdoors has done this.

There are people who are barely 18 in recon training who do this.

Look at this ghillie coat and tell me you are going to overheat in a freezing climate such as Chernaurus. If you think it's too hot, you just thin it out. You can put as much or as little material on it as you like... It's custom made in the field to fit your conditions. And they are in fact not very heavy. You have probably only seen store-bought ghillies that cover your entire body like a wookie in some fake cloth strips and wool that are unnecessarily hot and heavy. Actual snipers just go into the field with a mesh and use grass. Half-dead grass at that. Half-dead grass isn't heavy.

The reason every soldier isn't equipped with one is because most soldiers aren't snipers. They aren't trying to lay still and hide in a bush, they are running around to flank and shit like that. Ghillie would be close to useless to them. Not to mention most soldiers operate in urban environments. When you are busting down doors it's kind of detrimental to have grass and string flying around in your face, and clogging up your action, blocking your vest, the list goes on.

tl;dr get off your high horse.

• Like 6

Thankfully, unlike in the mod, wearing a ghillie will have disadvantages. 1: you have to make it, and hopefully netting will be rare (sounds like it is at the moment). 2: It'll make you hot, so people won't be able to camp in trees the entire day. 3: you can't wear a backpack with them (or is that only the full ghillie?)

I'm also wondering about persistence. Does it still have the same problems as it did in .50? Are there still going to be persistence wipes every week on stable?

Edit: played outside a lot... never made a ghillie. If you're going to speak hyperbolically, best not to use the word "literally." ;)

Edited by entspeak

I assume they have not upped the view distance that grass disappears at, right?  Seems that many snipers with ghillies on will still be challenged to become camouflaged at longer distances from their targets.

Where did you find said loot? Was the server populated? Was it private/persist? Did you find any netting? Nobody else is finding anything from what I've read and seen so I'm having difficulty believing this was actually loot spawning.