boneboys

Stable - 0.51 Discussion

mini_9721822014120300002.jpg

mini_3419972014120300003.jpg

Yup, noticed this too last night. Even when my axe was green prior, I spawned in yesterday with it like that. Painted it twice with both colors, claims its black/green but its not.

Also noticed if you put something on the ground, then put something in your hands, and take  it out of your hands, you get the first thing that was in your hands again (duping)...anyone else?

Also noticed if you put something on the ground, then put something in your hands, and take  it out of your hands, you get the first thing that was in your hands again (duping)...anyone else?

A similar thing happens to me pretty often but the item isn't duped...but rather the original object is teleported back to me.

A similar thing happens to me pretty often but the item isn't duped...but rather the original object is teleported back to me.

Ya, this was happening on experimental.  I'd drop an item on the ground for a buddy and it would either disappear or he couldn't pick it up.  I'd look in my inventory and it'd be beside whatever was in my hand.

On my third game crash today, can you deploy a hotfix this patch or what? Can't even play the game without it crashing....or should I just post this to the useless bug feedback site?

.or should I just post this to the useless bug feedback site?

Yes, otherwise noone knows why you crashed.

• Like 1

Always report to the bug tracker!

but anyways had a decent run finding vehicles tonight.. finally found a truck at krasnostov convenience , picked up my friend by way of dubrovka and set sail for the Northwest Airfield... All this on a persistent server so we didn't even decide to search for Helicopters or loot on the ground at helo crashes, but we got decently geared (an ak 74 for me - and an ak 101 for the lad , comma trauma the wicked bandit of the west) and then decided to log but right before i found this beauty : (sorry for gamma had to crank that bitch up for the pics)

Sj97Wi4.jpg

Oh and just an FYI sometimes the zeds don't let go of your truck so you have to get out and pry 'em off ;) !

YUtIgr3.jpg

• Like 1

I think number one is what happened. It's fine I got some gear back. And for the reference in not bitching people. I understand its in alpha build.

You guys are coming on here like stop your bitching

Hate to be that guy, but uhhh, Alpha Reminder.

One of two things probably happened here.

1. You joined a server right after a restart, in which case, your character is gone. NEVER join a server if it says 8:00 or 12:00, those times are what I call the DANGER ZONE, in which joining will result in the loss of your character.

2. You logged onto a private shard, in which case, just go back to a public hive server.

It's an Alpha game, expect frequent character wipes.

I think number one is what happened. It's fine I got some gear back. And for the reference in not bitching people. I understand its in alpha build.

You guys are coming on here like stop your bitching. I'm just putting this out there I asked what happened to my character and if there is a way to fix it. I don't need people coming on here saying its in alpha dumbass, I get that.

One of the houses can't be entered by walking, you have to crawl in and out.

Still getting stuck on zombie/player bodies

and my game crashes every time I leave a server and when I reload the game, I get stuck in a loop trying to get into the server browser and it sends me back to the main menu

Some minor gripes about the new patch....there not game killers....just gripes

1) Why is the fire axe no longer paintable? Why take that out?

2) Why did my mosin rap go away? I mean its not like we got some super advantage from that lol...why take that out....its bugged anyways cant put it back on....I hope it gets added back the way it was

Why do that. I get the ghillie suit is rare.....so make the netting hard to get just like it is...I expected that .From what I seen maybe 1 person per server will have it lol..why water everything else down too....a little dis appointed. If this really bad for players to deal with make a super easy server or something for them lol Whats with all the camo nerfs

The cold reality is guys with mosins or whatever will just as effective anyways....so why take those things out....its kind of dumb....I hate nerfs LOL or maybe its not a nerf....who knows. its almost like were going backwards a few patches.....I mean lets face it the rap didn't give that big of edge..In fact little to none...but some of us liked it..

Your watering down my drink!

Edited by CJFlint

Yup, noticed this too last night. Even when my axe was green prior, I spawned in yesterday with it like that. Painted it twice with both colors, claims its black/green but its not.

Yes I did too.....whats weird is there still is the option to paint....but it stays yellow.....my mosin rap looked really strange when I logged in at 1st....I ditched it asap

Oh dear maybe I'll wait and watch for hot fixes..........maybe

Edited by CJFlint

I haven't found a hacksaw yet, but can you saw off the barrel of the MP shotgun? Redneck style and stuff.

It happens to me all the time. I'm not even sure how you made it 2 weeks. It's hard for me to play a couple of days before I lost my character to server data corruption. It's a bitch. One day they might fix it, but probably no time soon. My only advice is to avoid getting attached to your character or just stop playing (like me) if it bothers you that much. There are some guaranteed wipes (joining servers too early and being anywhere above ground level at the wrong time) as well as unpredictable wipes (red error message of doom). 

Edited by t1337Dude

It happens to me all the time. I'm not even sure how you made it 2 weeks. It's hard for me to play a couple of days before I lost my character to server data corruption.

U wot ? havent lost a char since the great whipe.

I really dont understand what you People do.

U wot ? havent lost a char since the great whipe.

I really dont understand what you People do.

You tell me, so I can play the game ;)

I'd say for every 3 hours of gameplay, it happens to me. Between being dragged into the floor to my death on 2nd-levels and server-side data corruption, I can't remember how long ago the last time I actually died to another player. Usually my gameplay involves me heading north, gearing up, and then my character gets bugged as I'm gearing up or as logging into a server trying to find the action. I only log out in completely inconspicuous spots, mostly hidden inside groups of bushes, trees, or in nooks or crannies inbetween walls and buildings. I only log into servers that I observe to have 25+ players for a few minutes. Perhaps it's my punishment for killing too many fresh spawns?

I haven't played .51 yet but I'll give it a shot and post back here when I lose my character to a bug :p

Edited by t1337Dude

Yes I did too.....whats weird is there still is the option to paint....but it stays yellow.....my mosin rap looked really strange when I logged in at 1st....I ditched it asap

Oh dear maybe I'll wait and watch for hot fixes..........maybe

The mosin grass wrap that used to be doesn't work anymore and has been replaced, so it seems the old files are still in the game so it created the visual glitch. These will become rare for players who don't remove it and keep it glitched...  :lol:

Are radios working again in stable or no?

I'm wondering the same thing. I tried them but still can't select which channel to speak, it stays in direct communication. Hoping this gets fixed.

They don't spawn on persistence ON/Enabled servers. Look for persistence off or disabled. Best way is not to server hop, but hope the server only restarts ever 4 or 6 hours, and to search 80-90% of the locations. I found lots of crash sites.

Currently on 0.51 , found 0 in around 35hrs on 7 different persistence on servers, and now tonight after playing about 3 hours on the same server, private hive, persistence off, I found 3 crash sites. The only 3 possible crash sites. Very close to one another. 1 x Mi-8 and 2 x UH-1Y.

Have fun on your search!

2nc3ubr.jpg

• Like 2

Are you absolutely sure of this, i.e. chopper models now show up in persistent servers? Soviet helicopters were spawning fine in .50 persistence off as well just so you know. 

I was on a persistence off server this morning and came across the new huey crash and soviet crash basically right next to each other. Seeing that there was a loaded SKS dropped next to the Huey, I am assuming that it's been looted and someone walked off with an m4 or Aug.

He says it was a persistence on server, but it might just have said so in the description and was probably not enabled.

Are you absolutely sure of this, i.e. chopper models now show up in persistent servers? Soviet helicopters were spawning fine in .50 persistence off as well just so you know. 

I was on a persistence off server this morning and came across the new huey crash and soviet crash basically right next to each other. Seeing that there was a loaded SKS dropped next to the Huey, I am assuming that it's been looted and someone walked off with an m4 or Aug. 

I did a simple test. I went to a private shard persistence enabled server that restarts only every 6 hours and searched most of all the possible crash sites. About 85% of the locations. No crash sites. Not one.

Then I went to a persistence disabled private shard server with restarts every 4 hours and repeated the experience. Here are the results.

25qtyqt.jpg

2wgwuib.jpg

fjhpck.jpg

1059tv7.jpg

11sglrl.jpg

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Edited by Odin Lowe

vehicles...lol

nothing like punching 75... vybor to pavilovo.. balota and along the east coat...

u see 3 guys in the distance..

as u drive past u hear a player say * do u think I can blow this up * in global...

I couldn't stop fast enough... as we creep to a stop about 300 meters away...

I turn the vehicle 180..

my passenger tells me to stop the truck.. he gets out and advises me to stay behind the wheel...

As I look into the distance I see 3 players pop back out onto the road.. my passenger using the front end as cover..

fires a round and to my surprise a player falls...

He yells *NOW RUNNNNNNN HIM OVER! GOOOOO!*

I begin to move I see the others players come to the injured players aid...

As I approach...... the player giving aid is caught in the bandage action...

to be continued..

• Like 1

I did a simple test. I went to a private shard persistence enabled server that restarts only every 6 hours and searched most of all the possible crash sites. About 85% of the locations. No crash sites. Not one.

Then I went to a persistence disabled private shard server with restarts every 4 hours and repeated the experience. Here are the results.

Thanks for the research, Odin. I'm pretty sure the other guy was mistaken about what server he was on or something. As I originally posted, Eugen himself said that on persistence-enabled servers that the Soviet helicopters were invisible. I doubt he would just make that up or lie about it :p

• Like 1

Thanks for the research, Odin. I'm pretty sure the other guy was mistaken about what server he was on or something. As I originally posted, Eugen himself said that on persistence-enabled servers that the Soviet helicopters were invisible. I doubt he would just make that up or lie about it :p

Yep , went to a persistence ON server , it was the only server I could find a truck on , but for the life of me we couldn't find a helicopter :( some really nicely spread out loot though, it felt like we were actually scavenging (apart from the food which was everywhere) but it took us all night to find two aks and no ammo for it ... I'll try and look on persistence OFF servers for helicopters today before work :)

• Like 1

lol...

both players are flattened under the v3s...

at this time I have managed to pull up the truck and turn it around for the chance to get the last sucker..

I shoot past again and see the guy inside a building..

again I pull up the vehicle this time with out hesitation..

I get out..

pump loaded in hand.. again about 300 meters away..

I attempt to run but realised the fuel canister has bugged in my inventory..

I drag it out.. put it in hand.. run behind the truck with my passenger..

he tells me to * oi check this out *

I look down the road to find a guy on the road skinning the players I had just run over!

he stands up and looks directly at us...

my passenger with his long range gets him in sight..

im waiting for the shot...

I look a little harder and zoom in with no sights...

THIS GUYS EATING HIS MATE!

my passenger and I are tripping balls thinking whaaaat the f......

before the guy could finish.... he hits the ground..

we get back into the car and reflect on what we just witnessed...

put it this way... my face was hurting literally.

THE END

Edited by Renigade
  • Like 1