boneboys

Stable - 0.51 Discussion

Experimental Elitists Club, assemble!  B)

• Like 4

My server shows back online - can't wait to get off work!!! 

EDIT: gametracker shows players but my CP shows my server is back offline. Maintenance must not be complete. 

Edited by The Riddler

EXPERIMENTAL UPDATING!! 1.1GB  :D

Edit: No servers up quite yet.

Edited by solodude23

Experimental Elitists Club, assemble! B)

This all day lol . It's a real club . We have jackets . Those of us obsessed with experimental are automatically in 'da club . Can't wait to see what unfolds ..

• Like 1

I am not seeing any patch notes so what the hell was done in the downtime that warranted the extra time? anyone know?

U mad?

There was extra time needed for something. No big deal. They don't delibaretly let the servers down because they have a masochistic day.

U mad?

There was extra time needed for something. No big deal. They don't delibaretly let the servers down because they have a masochistic day.

No not mad... Just as my post said I was wondering what it was for, they usually only take extra time if they are fixing/adding something and there has been no word on what it was...

• Like 2

No not mad... Just as my post said I was wondering what it was for, they usually only take extra time if they are fixing/adding something and there has been no word on what it was...

They probably ( just my guess ) prepared stable for the push of the 0.52 update as this seems to be a last minute update on friday right before they leave for holidays.

They probably ( just my guess ) prepared stable for the push of the 0.52 update as this seems to be a last minute update on friday right before they leave for holidays.

They just added the .52 to experimental today, why would they even push it to stable so soon?

They just added the .52 to experimental today, why would they even push it to stable so soon?

Because it's very stable. Easy as that.

EDIT: To elaborate a bit more, there is no new functionality that would require extensive testing or data gathering. If the build doesn't crash frequently, it's ready. Also, Eugen announced it:

Edited by ChainReactor

Because it's very stable. Easy as that.

EDIT: To elaborate a bit more, there is no new functionality that would require extensive testing or data gathering. If the build doesn't crash frequently, it's ready. Also, Eugen announced it:

But experimental it's not so stable. :D

• Like 1

Guys, if i am on experimental, and i stay on experimental untill the stable update comes to it, will i keep my stuff on experimental to stable? or will i keep the stuff i have on stable when the new version of stable comes out? please reply ASAP, thanks :)

Guys, if i am on experimental, and i stay on experimental untill the stable update comes to it, will i keep my stuff on experimental to stable? or will i keep the stuff i have on stable when the new version of stable comes out? please reply ASAP, thanks :)

You will keep your old Stable character(unless there's a wipe with this new push to stable , whenever it happens) , and you won't be able to use your experimental character until another experimental version comes out...

Great, didn't know about the .52 being pushed to stable, probably lost all my gear i had stashed in my military tent. Wish you'd stick to a time frame of releasing the updates. Since it wasn't on exp for all that long.

Heres hoping my tent is still there since im at work during these hours.

I sometimes think the Devs of this game are Ass-backwards in the way they go about things. Not sure why they want to rush this patch out so fast, 2 days after it was pushed to experimental when they know there are still issues with it.

Do not get attatched to your gear, ever !

For those that are waiting for 0.52 news, try this...

2074yu4sw2.gif

Still not anyone has elaborated what exactly causes the crash.

There seems to be an issue with the version of MS VC++ Redistributable coming with DayZ. Uninstalling it and replacing it with the 2010 SP1 directly from microsoft version helped a lot of players ( choose 32 / 64 depending on your system )

If the crash is pointing to MSVCR100.dll, you might try this.

Is this still a viable solution to the problem? CTD while playing, the odd random crash when it wants. Or CTD when exiting, or CTRL + ALT +Del once in awhile.

Wasn't as bad with .51 but got extremely bad with .52