boneboys

Stable - 0.51 Discussion

Hmm. My black painted fireaxe is no longer black (even though its description says it is). Oh, and I seem to be able to carry two guns again. Which is nice.

You could eat until you were stuffed, then drink until you vomit which would remove the stuffed status but kept the energy of the consumed food.

Sort of. You did lose some energy, but not much. You still kept the majority of what you had just consumed. Still a very useful tactic regardless. I'm hoping some alterations have been made to the amount of food necessary to gain fully energized status if they're removing this  :|

Are trucks more rare i stable so not every spawn location has a truck?

This. The spawnpoints are the same like in experimental, but the spawn has been reduced from 20 per server to 3 per server.

• Like 1

Found this in a shed, I don't know if it was in Exp. 

r0FIlQo.jpg

This. The spawnpoints are the same like in experimental, but the spawn has been reduced from 20 per server to 3 per server.

Thanks. :)

Not sure if i like this so much, but i guess its for the best:)

Thanks. :)

Not sure if i like this so much, but i guess its for the best:)

Vehicles are intended to be rare and difficult to maintain, so this is a step in that direction. They were prevalent in 0.51 Experimental so that they could be heavily tested. I'm actually mildly concerned that they were included in 0.51 Stable since it seems like they're awfully buggy still, but if there are only 3 per map to begin with then I suppose it's unlikely that they'll create any issues for me if I don't go out of my way to use one. I'm just not looking forward to people whining about how buggy they are.

Edited by Tatanko

Now I will write "Sanctuary for all, community for all. Those who arrive, survive" to papers and throw them away to populated places. I will do it. Im serious.

• Like 3

As long as vehicles are not persistent they are pretty useless anyway. Any information if this has been changed?

new bug? i got hit by a zombie and now i'm shaking when i aim or use binoculars.

morphin, painkillers and bandage couldn't fix it :(

also: i can't attach visor on my helmet and i can't paint my axe green. well it says that it's green but it's not.

should i respawn?

Are vehicles sort of common? Like if you play on a high pop server and go to Berenzino are you pretty much guaranteed to find people driving about?

Because at this point, I just want to have some fun in the game, getting chased down, stealing trucks etc guessing people are actively seeking them out anyway.

Ghillie for the scrublords, great. Next up we get to pimp our guns with gold camo.

• Like 1

me and VellDog just found two trucks on the same server! fucking awesome addition! my truck ran out of fuel though :(

Ghillie for the scrublords, great. Next up we get to pimp our guns with gold camo.

I fail to understand your comparison. Ghillie suits are something anyone could make from woodland materials in real life pretty easily and such an idea fits the nature and style of DayZ. Gold guns would be a completely function-less addition which would actually detract from the nature of the game. Nothing in common whatsoever.

If you just want to whine about people being able to hide better, leave it out of the Stable discussion and take it elsewhere.

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 2

Alright, so far I have noticed that spraypainting your Fire Axe a color doesn't work. You will get the message that it was painted, but the model stays yellow.

Secondly, if you have a single shell in the Double Barrel and then saw it off...the Sawed Off made as a result will have two shells in the barrels. 

Thirdly, drinking from full canteens FINALLY seems to be working now. 

Fourthly, I found this hat. I don't know if it's new to the game, but it's new to me. And that's all that matters.

G5eEz9w.jpg

Thirdly, drinking from full canteens FINALLY seems to be working now. 

Thank the maker. That's a very frustrating, inconsistent glitch. Nothing worse than thinking you've got a supply of water only to realize you can't use it  :|

I have never had any kind of problems with canteens.

Ghillie suits are something anyone could make from woodland materials in real life pretty easily

LMAO. Try to make a ghillie suit with a netting and a burlap wap and make a video. Ok?

Edited by Karakoz

painting fire axes doesnt work, 
only 3 V3S spawns now,
V3S' run out of gas quite fast, 
wells are finally fixed now,
and since i started playing this morning, my performance has been much better than usual, a friend said he had better FPS also.
V3S still kinda laggy while driving in some areas, also turning is dramatic and difficult 

have yet to make a ghillie.

getting off as its 6 am and ive yet to sleep.

the rest of .51 awaits for me in the morni- err... afternoon!

Vehicles are intended to be rare and difficult to maintain, so this is a step in that direction. They were prevalent in 0.51 Experimental so that they could be heavily tested. I'm actually mildly concerned that they were included in 0.51 Stable since it seems like they're awfully buggy still, but if there are only 3 per map to begin with then I suppose it's unlikely that they'll create any issues for me if I don't go out of my way to use one. I'm just not looking forward to people whining about how buggy they are.

Rarity is a good thing when it comes to vehicles:)

I have driven the VS3 a lot on experimental, and i cannot say i had so many problems with them. The only major bug i came across was when one of them had a really bad day and decided to kill me when my friend opened the door. But all in all they work really good this early on. Can't wait till they get persistent. Then i will capture one in hide it somewhere in the forrest near Tisy. And i will probably never use it because i will be to afraid to loose it..haha

• Like 1

LMAO. Try to make a ghillie suit with a netting and a burlap wap and make a video. Ok?

Way to completely miss the point of my post. Congrats.

• Like 2