boneboys

Stable - 0.51 Discussion

Crafted bow isnt rendering, it shows only white.

BQDmEdx.jpg

Can someone confirm this (my settings are all at lowest)

Possible rendering issue.  Turn your settings up, even if it kills your system, just to see if it renders and take another screen shot.

Edited by Caboose187

damn netting.. The northwest of Chernarus was completely wiped yesterday, we played 6 hours on a high pop server and did not see a single person on the whole area..

All are searching for netting i guess.

0.51 update was unfinished and they pushed it on stable

I think 0.51 is one of the best patches on stable i have ever seen to be honest. They fixed so many things that did not work on 0.50 and earlier. The cars are working like a charm (at least for me) and ghillie suits are great. So why is it unfinished?

OP: Are you sure you did not join a private hive server?  You have to be careful at the moment:

There are First Person Only / First person and third person servers (so 2 different characters there)

and there are private and public hive servers for each, which also have different characters.

Why would people search for netting on a high pop server? This makes no sense.

Oh look, here's Caboose to call the OP an idiot, must have been his own fault, nothing wrong with this game, move along please. How enormously unpredictable.

OP, apologies if you already know all this but:

1. You may have logged in to a first person server

2. You may have logged in to a regular server that had failed to establish a connection with the main public hive (and which you should therefore have immediately logged out from)

3. You may have been killed in game in the 30 seconds you could still be seen/attacked.

There was no universal wipe with 0.51 as there was with 0.49. But the introduction of a new patch always seems to bring with it a rash of char resets which are a painful experience (especially as your chances of legitimately acquiring another M4 are very slim).

• Like 3

So much this, now move on.

2. You may have logged in to a regular server that had failed to establish a connection with the main public hive (and which you should therefore have immediately logged out from)

3. You may have been killed in game in the 30 seconds you could still be seen/attacked.

Edited by BrainlessZombie

Oh look, here's Caboose to call the OP an idiot, must have been his own fault, nothing wrong with this game, move along please. How enormously unpredictable.

Huh? Did you even bother to read it? His post contains nothing of the sort, in fact he is pointing out the exact same thing you are, namely that the most likely explanation is that the character was killed during logout.

Why would people search for netting on a high pop server? This makes no sense.

Because we aren't server hopping cowards.

• Like 6

I got my character reset by "Guy with M4 feat. Sound Bug".

Did your character happen to get 'reset' at vybor millitary base?

Possible rendering issue. Turn your settings up, even if it kills your system, just to see if it renders and take another screen shot.

It unfortunately is always white even on ultra high settings D: ... My computer renders It as white as well but you're right it's gotta be a rendering issue for everyone because the bow seems a little too white lol ... Unless that's just the intended whiteness of an ashwood trees bark ? :0

No in one of the settlements around Cherno. I was being shot at and took cover only to realize the sounds I heard were bullet impacts and the real shooter was behind me.

No, I saw a Soviet helicopter on a persistent server. They are fixed, and they don't spawn in the floor anymore. They spawn much more loot too.

V3S are shit, they can't climb a hill and mine got stuck between trees.

Are you absolutely sure of this, i.e. chopper models now show up in persistent servers? Soviet helicopters were spawning fine in .50 persistence off as well just so you know. 

I was on a persistence off server this morning and came across the new huey crash and soviet crash basically right next to each other. Seeing that there was a loaded SKS dropped next to the Huey, I am assuming that it's been looted and someone walked off with an m4 or Aug. 

• Like 1

I love the stuff in this .51 stable update. But I lost my character. It took me hours upon hours in getting that m4 and 2 stag clips. I am extremely pissed off. I was gear for crap and this happens. Is this temporary or is this done with. Was everyone reset I need to know this. If there is a way to fix this please tell me.

I've got a fully loaded M4, acog, attachments, 60rnd clip.  You can have it if you are willing to kill for me with it.

I was on a persistence off server this morning and came across the new huey crash and soviet crash basically right next to each other. Seeing that there was a loaded SKS dropped next to the Huey, I am assuming that it's been looted and someone walked off with an m4 or Aug.

Most likely , the lucky bastard lol ... I can't wait to find the Aug I think I'll just make a camp and try and settle down with it if I did find one lol ....

You know...maybe I'm just slow at noticing this kind of thing, but...

...are the glitchy ambient sound effects gone?

My character got wiped today, too. 

I simply started a new character. I saved a lot of time re-gearing by not coming to the Forums and bitching about it. 

• Like 5

Having a great time in 0.51 stable, glad to see the regular damage on items returns and the new features.

The only real down aspect was when I fell victim of the CURSED COMPASS. Oh boy, that seriously messed up with my mind for half hour before I realized it wasn't my fault being lost   :P

this is what happned to me as well, not my recording btw

seems like its a new type of hack in the wild and you loose all your gear and die

Most of the time you get wiped because you join to early.  ALWAYS wait until the server time is 1 minute after the actual start time.  That gives the server time to get fully reset and connected, I practice this and have never lost a character upon login.

Punisher

Edited by Punisher-Sir

You know...maybe I'm just slow at noticing this kind of thing, but...

...are the glitchy ambient sound effects gone?

It would certainly seem that way based on my playtime last night. I didn't play much of 0.51 Experimental so I'm not sure how recent this is.

does anybody know how to fix shaking vision?

painkillers, bandage, morphhin couldn't fix it :(

i don't want to restart...

Some people said it was an effect of being cold but cold status never showing ... Try warming up by the fire but after that I don't know maybe it's a half finished shock mechanic or something ?

Some people said it was an effect of being cold but cold status never showing ... Try warming up by the fire but after that I don't know maybe it's a half finished shock mechanic or something ?

i guess i am warm because i'm getting dehydrated pretty quickly.