SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.45 Discussion

It appears the rubberbanding issue only happens when your player gets "stuck" in geometry but when it happens, it dupes the player and you run along just fine in your client but the server clone thinks you are still stuck somewhere and teleports you back.  That's why zombies can attack your "dupe" and you will receive damage wherever you are. 

So to avoid the rubberbanding, avoid running inside buildings and square yourself in doorways or any opening/passageway where your player is close to geometry.  This should help for the time being.

• Like 2

Just totally murdered some dirty server hopping boar with a pickaxe.

didn't even skin it.

Massive update. 

Am i only one who notice the background long distance view wasn´t so gray (mountains and trees) 

I even met Hicks near Novy, who talked about new things. I was hyped. However, when I tried to make fire, i failed :D

Here is the Longhorn.  I found it on the 3rd floor of the school right where the video takes place.  Scope doesn't zoom.  And it won't fit in the chest holster :(

2014_05_21_00001.jpg
2014_05_21_00002.jpg
2014_05_21_00003.jpg

Edited by K20017
  • Like 5

none bac

So I've not had a chance to download the latest experimental patch, but will do soon some of the changes sound excellent. The question is, have the experimental servers made a full return or is it just a select few? 

For me I'll be looking for UK hardcore experimental servers. I hope there will be at least a couple.

None back yet probably wont come back till next patch.

Any of the devs or you guys can tell me if we are able to craft arrows?

Fishing rod!! Already?!?! B)  Nice!! (saw the carp models and looks pretty good!! :thumbsup: ) Gonna check it out!

found a fishing hook.

• Like 1

That longhorn is loud as fuck! Love it. I would be scared shitless if I'd heard that thing go off while in a town.

Downloading now. This update is massive with lots of goodies, smoking heli crashes and all! I will see you guys out there :)

Edited by haknslash

Killing cows with a machete takes quite some time, I did not get any meat from it, or is there a trick?

Got myself some "Autumn Camouflage Gorka Military Pants"

10334400_10152445129844791_5290706003295

Also crafted a fireplace kit and had a lot of food in my backpack, which I had gotten a few hours ago, just waiting to be opened before I starved to death.

Then, I get sesssion lost and think no biggie and go to log back in again. I look and see nearly everything gone because I lost my damn pants and backpack on logging back in! I was so looking forward to lighting a fire. :'(

10277582_10152445130004791_4460490874501

wow so much new content, amazing. I'm still going to try and hold out for a few months while I study before I even think of playing DayZ ^_^ 

Flares <3

So checked it out for an hour or so. Spawned in new city and looted for a bit. didn't get any of the new guns, but I did get an sks with a few rounds. 

Built a few fires after finding a box of matches and axe and some shirts split into rags. You can literally chop down any tree and get logs.

Logs you can split into sticks. Add sticks to rags to make a fireplace kit. Add a log to the fire kit while it's on the ground. Put matches in hand and scroll to ignite. Wind and rain can put matches out so watch it.

New flares are pretty cool. Found a fishing lure and the new police jacket. The guys I was running around with (randoms) and I built a bunch of fireplaces all around the central square in front of the clocktower there in the new town and some on top of it. Was pretty fun.

Still wanting to see the new AK and Longhorn, but I was happy that I was able to see so much already in just 1 run. Great patch! Can't wait until it hits stable.

Ah you add sticks to rags to make a fireplace? ShIt I was trying to put rocks in a circle like some satanic ritual or something then I was throwing sticks and matches at it. Obviously nothing happened :D

I did manage to find a flare someone lit and left in the street. I ran around with it in the new city like I was in a marathon ready to hand it off to the next runner.

Edited by haknslash
  • Like 1

Full freak out mode.. engage!

Holy hell. 

Downloading now. This update is massive with lots of goodies, smoking heli crashes and all! I will see you guys out there :)

760Mb of updates, woot!

• Like 1

Add sticks to rags to make a fireplace kit. 

Interesting, no more splint then?

Can anyone confirm that there was a character wipe for experimental? Im fresh on both, and had been geared up waiting for this moment with my matches, and axe and gaslamp with cooking pot.. Im fine if its wiped, just want to know. Maybe I was just on different server hive as it was UK.. ?

Ah you add sticks to rags to make a fireplace? ShIt I was trying to put rocks in a circle like some satanic ritual or something then I was throwing sticks and matches at it. Obviously nothing happened :D.

Lol best shit IVe heard all night , even though i know it's not the way to make one now I'm gonna do exactly that until it works lol ...

• Like 1