SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.45 Discussion

I got "Session lost" a couple of times now.

The new town looks impressive, haven't been there yet, how's the performance there compare to, lets say Cherno or Svetlo?

Anyone got session lost? i alway get it after ~20 min gameplay...

i played for like 6 hours yesterday (good experience, when u use the anti rubberbanding Workaround).  got only 2 session lost!

if i remmeber corect, i read somewhere that ist Server side Performance issues!

As the title says I can't find any Test servers. I've tried filtering for "12499" "Test" and "Experimental" with no hits. I've also tried to connect per direct IP, and yes I'm updated to experimental. If anyone knows why this is the way it is give me a hand please.

As the title says I can't find any Test servers. I've tried filtering for "12499" "Test" and "Experimental" with no hits. I've also tried to connect per direct IP, and yes I'm updated to experimental. If anyone knows why this is the way it is give me a hand please.

Merged. Make sure to post in the correct section. That way you will find already existing topics about your issue without having to post your own topic about it.

Is global chat something that just exists in the experimental servers? I was on several different exp servers and all of them at one point had someone in global chat. One guy kept playing Britney Spears and I couldn't take it and hopped to another server.

Edited by haknslash

The "cancel current action" option is brilliant. I love it. Was able to use it to kill someone. I got blindsided and busted open by a guy with a hacksaw who then kept within viewing distance, presumably waiting for me to bleed out or bandage up to take advantage. I went into a house, saw him staring at me through the window, chased after him, went back inside the same building and closed the door and quickly put away my axe and started applying the bandage.

He went back to the same window as I was putting the axe away and moved towards the door when I was pulling out the rags. So, as planned, I quickly put away the rags again with the cancel action button, pulled out my axe and swiftly killed him. Love the strategy it adds. Even when everyone realises that people can cancel actions, it at least opens up that chance to dupe people.

Edited by Racket
  • Like 1

yeah. ist the way it should be!   a rifle has less turnspeed than a pistol!!!

next try: in the current stable, rifles already have "less turnspeed", at least for me. It was introduced in the experimental before the last stable update.

In stable: Rifles lag behind and then go to the middle, first faster, then slower. The closer they get to the center, the slower they adjust. That actually matches my experience with real life aiming.

NEW, FRESH, current experimental: Rifles lag behind just like in stable, but they do the last adjustment, when you stopped moving, in on speed only. Not faster, while you are still quite a bit off followed by slower adjustments, the closer the rifle is getting to the center of the screen. Now it moves at one speed directly to center. I consider that a bug, probably some regression.

Or are you saying that rifles do not lag behind for you in stable?

Are the servers offline right now ? cant find any

Played about 30 minutes ago there was a good 15-20 servers EU mostly. All full too!!

Played about 30 minutes ago there was a good 15-20 servers EU mostly. All full too!!

I mean the experimental servers ? You too ?

Well, i can only find 2 german servers with 30 slots, both full.

But few hours ago, there were 4 SE servers too. now they are gone for some reason. (and i need the hardcore server for my stuff :D )

Greetz

I mean the experimental servers ? You too ?

Well, i can only find 2 german servers with 30 slots, both full.

But few hours ago, there were 4 SE servers too. now they are gone for some reason. (and i need the hardcore server for my stuff :D )

Greetz

Yes Experimental, cant check now... I use the filter "testing" to restrict my search. Maybe your Ping too high?

Yes Experimental, cant check now... I use the filter "testing" to restrict my search. Maybe your Ping too high?

I dont think thats the problem. My ping around the central europe servers is 40ms on average. I also have 7.5 mbit/s download so it shouldnt be a problem to play, or to find servers.

But it's just curious, because I played few hours ago and now I cant find those servers.

Greetz

my g13 analog stick is no longer registering in Experimental

I got "Session lost" a couple of times now.

The new town looks impressive, haven't been there yet, how's the performance there compare to, lets say Cherno or Svetlo?

I thought those were server restarts... I played yesterday with some guys I met after spawning; I'd say the "session lost" came up about every 2 or 3 hours at which point when rejoined it everything would be reset and there was always only like 11 people on the server(everyone mass rejoining at once) so yeah, just like a server restart.

The new town is nice. I have a crappy computer like the dev was warning about, but I didn't notice any lag or issues in the town, maybe it's just because I have most of the graphical settings near minimum.

Edited by Phoenix777

Any chance we'd get more than about five hardcore servers for the whole of Europe?

This patch has been long waited, I doubt most of the two million people who bought this game still want to play around with the month old one.

Edited by Exorade
  • Like 1

Where is the new town exactly? Can someone give some landmarks or mark in on screenshot on the map? I only spawned in a new village west of svetloyarsk.

Where is the new town exactly? Can someone give some landmarks or mark in on screenshot on the map? I only spawned in a new village west of svetloyarsk.

West of Svelto, like 5 minutes away - or North of NEAF/Chernaya Polana, 10mn away

• Like 1

From Svetlojarsk take the train tracks west ( away from the ocean). Keep running and it will be on your right, while chernaya polana the old "new" town will be on your left.

• Like 1

Thanks guys. There are a lots of inland spawns now. I spawned in Dubrovka and Dolina.

Edited by MoZed
  • Like 1

Just thought I'd ask a quick question;

How exactly do you get onto an Experimental Server. I've just downloaded the Experimental version of DayZ, However I'm not finding any Experimental Servers?