SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.45 Discussion

As Rocket has said:

"rubber banding on dayz experimental is server performance related"

Well I played this experimental gotta say the extra features are good. but sadly the rubberbanding is crazy. and also the xbox 360 control does not work at all doesn't come up in devices. and I just died all of a sudden.

I dont know how you can play with a controller. to whacky for me

DAMN.

I would really love to have persistent storage, before hunting, etc. is implemented.

Why should I hunt deer and go fishing, when there's no opportunity to save all these things?

I would hunt and fish a lot, and then store the food in boxes/backpacks for survival xD

• Like 1

My thoughts on this latest EXP patch:

• Rubberbanding is a serious issue yet has an annoying solution. To avoid being teleported back to places you should crouch and walk (meaning Shift + W) through any doors or geometry. Yes it is definitely annoying but far less annoying than being teleported back. It works, I looted the entire new town without issue doing this.
  • Melee with fire axes works again. One hit on zombie like before. It was the first melee weapon I found so I can not attest to the effectiveness of any other melee weapons at this time.
  • CHOP DOWN TREES IS AMAZING! When I first went to the new town I was greeted with a phantom leg break (ironically my first in SA and I've been playing since December) and instead of crawling to find someone to kill me or whining on the forums for a medic, I tore up my shirt and found a bush to cut down for sticks. BAM splint. This may not seem like much but it saved me a hell of a lot of time. BEANS!
  • My frames in the new town were generally above 25. I use a 3770k and a GTX 670 if it matters. However I am currently testing an overclock (4.3 from 3.5), but I don't think that really matters with DayZ as it does not really run that well for any system. Take it for what you will.
  • I shot two people in Novo. They deserved it. I tried to be nice and I'm not sorry. The town seems like a very pvp friendly zone that will likely be ignored for (Bore)enzino.

Edit: So excited to be posting in a new patch thread. It has seemed like forever since I had anything important to say on here.

Edited by Nails
  • Like 3

i have set up a good configuration for pinnacle game profiler, if you are interested, i can send you this profile with a little explanation how to setup xbox 360 controller as best as like nativ support by game itself.

its ok it shouldn't be long I hope till this goes stable, it works fine on stable or sort of still have to use mouse to melee, other than that its good

• "Melee with fire axes works again. One hit on zombie like before. It was the first melee weapon I found so I can not attest to the effectiveness of any other melee weapons at this time."

It did work well before, now zombies are a one hit again, that is not cool. As long as there are just a few zombies in the game they should be hard to kill even with bullets.

Please make zombies tougher again and respawning faster, as it was a few month ago, they were an actual threat back then. Still a good patch so far, keep up the good work devs !!

• Like 4

• "Melee with fire axes works again. One hit on zombie like before. It was the first melee weapon I found so I can not attest to the effectiveness of any other melee weapons at this time."

It did work well before, now zombies are a one hit again, that is not cool. As long as there are just a few zombies in the game they should be hard to kill even with bullets.

Please make zombies tougher again and respawning faster, as it was a few month ago, they were an actual threat back then. Still a good patch so far, keep up the good work devs !!

I think that the current damage models on zombies is just fine, however there should be many more of them in high value areas. In summary: killing a zombie in one hit with an axe you found in Solnichny is just fine, but killing one zombie in one hit will not matter in Berezino or the airfield doesn't because there will be many more coming after you.

• Like 1

Again, rubberbanding is not an issue on the client-side.

Its due to low server performance(FPS), hence why walking slowly and taking your time makes you not rubberband.

Thanks, downloading!

EDIT: If you could bring up the FL servers that would be awesome aswell guys, thanks for reading.

Yeah, then bring up the Honolulu servers too.  Oh, that's right, my choices are LA or AUS/NZ.  Good stuff though, rubberbanded out a window to death a few times but, meh, what can you do. 

I think that the current damage models on zombies is just fine, however there should be many more of them in high value areas. In summary: killing a zombie in one hit with an axe you found in Solnichny is just fine, but killing one zombie in one hit will not matter in Berezino or the airfield doesn't because there will be many more coming after you.

""head nod"" I mean yes, agreed.

I can say for certainty that the pitchfork is no longer a 2 hit melee weapon, I gave up and went back to fists.  The farmers hoe works in two hits and if you get them right one hit will do you.

Edited by Barnabus

AKM has atleast 1 attachment that you can switch.

Foldable Buttstock, found one in the NWAF tents.

And additional, the ATLAS Bipod is no longer attachable to the Mosin. Not sure if bug though.

And additional, the ATLAS Bipod is no longer attachable to the Mosin. Not sure if bug though.

At last

• Like 2

Catch rain in canteen new animation and now gives you 5% . 

• Like 2

Can you guys try aiming with rifles, for me it's messed up, the rifle always trailing behind in a same "distance" to the middle of the screen and when you stop moving fast it goes there with a fixed speed...strange and not at all like in the stable, where I think it works great.

i love the new movement!

when u turn fast, the weapon turning slower !!!   THIS LOOKS SO COOL and gives such an awesome Feeling!

Well i guess everyone likes their zombies different, but i can't remember any movie or series where you can kill a zombie by just hitting them in the chest with whatever weapon, you normally have to get rid of the head or at least shoot them in the head. Even to cut off their legs and arms won't stop them from crawling at you (btw when is this feature coming? :)), because they want your brain.. very badly.

So as long as i can kill a zombie with one hit from an axe and normally one bullet i don't feel threatened by them, because they're not real zombies, just ugly looking douches who apparently like brains more than beans.

And it's not about the amount of zombies, of course it would be more dangerous if 100 zombies would chase me (i would run anyway, doesn't matter how many hits i'd need for one of them), but they are still too easy to kill, as they are still zombies!

But as long as the pathfinding doesn't work correctly and they're chasing you through walls and everything, they don't need to be that tough, but once this problem is solved i want my zombies to be the biggest threat in Chernarus, as it should be.

Btw that new PSO scope... love it!

Edited by LtRik

Does anyone now if loot respawn is implemented ?

yes.

But I have another question. Is this meaning that we won't see any server restarts? It would be great.

What about time accelerated servers?

Can anyone confirm that there was a character wipe for experimental? Im fresh on both, and had been geared up waiting for this moment with my matches, and axe and gaslamp with cooking pot.. Im fine if its wiped, just want to know. Maybe I was just on different server hive as it was UK.. ?

I kept my char through 4 or 5 server changes/restarts,but a friend always lost everything, so I guess it's supposed to stay. Cannot guarantee if I actually changed servers or always went on the same one though...

Crossbows can only take the ACOG scope tested this in the latest Stable patch & last experimental before today so would say this hasnt changed,

Reddots (at least one) should also work, saw one in a twitch recording of Hicks on his crossbow.

Well i guess everyone likes their zombies different, but i can't remember any movie or series where you can kill a zombie by just hitting them in the chest with whatever weapon, you normally have to get rid of the head or at least shoot them in the head. Even to cut off their legs and arms won't stop them from crawling at you (btw when is this feature coming? :)), because they want your brain.. very badly.

So as long as i can kill a zombie with one hit from an axe and normally one bullet i don't feel threatened by them, because they're not real zombies, just ugly looking douches who apparently like brains more than beans.

And it's not about the amount of zombies, of course it would be more dangerous if 100 zombies would chase me (i would run anyway, doesn't matter how many hits i'd need for one of them), but they are still too easy to kill, as they are still zombies!

But as long as the pathfinding doesn't work correctly and they're chasing you through walls and everything, they don't need to be that tough, but once this problem is solved i want my zombies to be the biggest threat in Chernarus, as it should be.

Btw that new PSO scope... love it!

Me too, I think that while zombies are chasing you through the walls, and they are just placeholders, there is no point in making them more aggressive or resistant. When new path finding and AI is ready, I am sure they will make zombies a real threat.

• Like 1

i love the new movement!

when u turn fast, the weapon turning slower !!!   THIS LOOKS SO COOL and gives such an awesome Feeling!

Well it was like that before, now though - at least for me - the rifle goes to the center in a fixed speed, like with a pneumatic one speed robotic hand...is that the same for you?

Well it was like that before, now though - at least for me - the rifle goes to the center in a fixed speed, like with a pneumatic one speed robotic hand...is that the same for you?

yeah. ist the way it should be!   a rifle has less turnspeed than a pistol!!!

Does anyone now if loot respawn is implemented ?

Or randomized open door for that matter?