SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.45 Discussion

any news on the next experimental?

Should (key word) be pushed today, according to Hicks.

It was supposed to be out yesterday, but they probably had more work than what they expected regarding the stable branch.

• Like 1

Should (key word) be pushed today, according to Hicks.

It was supposed to be out yesterday, but they probably had more work than what they expected regarding the stable branch.

Do they already have a version to be pushed on experimental? Is there any patcnotes about whats coming next?

Do they already have a version to be pushed on experimental? Is there any patcnotes about whats coming next?

They have a 0.46.something ready, according to the infos we had in the past days.

Nobody knows what is in it anyway, there are just many different guesses, some likely, some not.

And the devs don't create patchnotes for the experimental branch (anymore, they used to at the beginning), and for sure not for a version still to come.

Anyway, we can just hope that we'll discorre the news later on today :)

They have a 0.46.something ready, according to the infos we had in the past days.

Nobody knows what is in it anyway, there are just many different guesses, some likely, some not.

And the devs don't create patchnotes for the experimental branch (anymore, they used to at the beginning), and for sure not for a version still to come.

Anyway, we can just hope that we'll discorre the news later on today :)

It would not have been a fair comparison back while DayZ was just a mod. However, DayZ is now is well funded. The team had access to modify their way to a newish engine to tailor it to the needs of DayZ. Those needs should have included 30+ if not 60 fps.

https://i.imgur.com/AOsmMra.jpg

The games are not comparable. Even if they were, you are comparing an alpha to a full release.....so I guess they still wouldnt be comparable.

I have installed the correct version through properties on steam ect, but all I can see is stable build servers. I have tried to look for experimental by clicking the version tab to bring different versions up to the top. this is not working! any ideas?

It's funny as with each patch this thread comes into play. The current version (.47) does seem smother in parts but it definitely feels sluggish and a quick boot up of MSI Afterburner confirms this. I've dropped maybe 10 FPS in some cities and I'm lucky to be pulling more than 15+ in Svetlo and Novo. That said the card is now showing 99% usage whereas when it was laggy before it was nowhere near that (suggesting the issue was on the server).

https://i.imgur.com/AOsmMra.jpg

The games are not comparable. Even if they were, you are comparing an alpha to a full release.....so I guess they still wouldnt be comparable.

Every shooter that runs below stable 60fps is pain to play , aiming with 15 fps is horrible experience, doesnt matter if map is 100m² or 5000 bad gameplay is bad.

I'am worried a bit because i barely see any performance increase from day 1, hopefully there is still room for optimization and hopefully we will see some changes soon.

Not that i dont enjoy content they provide with every patch - i love it.

I've always had pretty shoddy frames with DayZ Standalone. I'm not sure why but ArmA 2 OA and ArmA 3 on maxed settings run far better than DayZ and Arma 2. It saddens me because I have a pretty beasty rig but most of my favorite games are early access games and run like poop :(