SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.45 Discussion

Just thought I'd ask a quick question;

How exactly do you get onto an Experimental Server. I've just downloaded the Experimental version of DayZ, However I'm not finding any Experimental Servers?

Merged

Yeah, then bring up the Honolulu servers too.  Oh, that's right, my choices are LA or AUS/NZ.  Good stuff though, rubberbanded out a window to death a few times but, meh, what can you do. 

There are FL exp servers...

So drinking from ponds is going to cause water posioning?,because its not purifucated

You would only collect water from the pond with a pan or something and then boil it on the fire to get rid of the bacteria,that makes more sense to me

Edited by Anddos

So, I'm not really one for complaining but the continuing Session Lost problem is beginning to bug me.

Due to the number of servers available (low) and the number of people wishing to play (high) it's really difficult to find a server with a free slot. When I do it tends to start me as a fresh spawn. I could deal with these things if it didn't keep kicking me with a Session Lost error message. The best I have managed has been 15 minutes, while it can be as low as 5.

As I say, I'm not the complaining type but having to go through the rigmarole of hunting for a free slot, starting as a fresh spawn, being kicked due to a lost session, then repeating the process is getting highly annoying.

For those wondering if it's just my system/setup, this problem doesn't manifest itself on the stable.

:(

• Like 1

wow, if there is legit fishing and not just the items to fish, then ya this is worth the wait.

Lot of stuff, wish they would just let their community know instead of just dumping all these stuff we have to find....not like full disclosure, but like a heads up like

-We got fishing now

-We got woodcutting

-Fireplaces are now build able

Just saying, I am all for crowd sourcing but when its done in a way that requires lots of waiting then to be put on a forced easy egg hunt...idk.

Anyway I am just glad they have been working on a lot of stuff, didn't think fishing and tree chopping was coming yet. And another big town is also impressive.

Servers only have 30 slots and all are full atm,looks like i wont be playing DayZ Exp for a while

wow, if there is legit fishing and not just the items to fish, then ya this is worth the wait.

Sacriel just caught boots in a pond in his twitch stream. Then two carps. The first one he decided to throw and did not find it any more, so be careful with your fishbombs. He was not able to use the carp as a onehanded weapon though...now i gotta try some more...

BTW: get worms (bait) with a shovel and use it on the ground.

Edited by bautschi
  • Like 1

I lit up a flare on the top floor of a building, and the whole block turned red.

Apparently, the flare 'light' travels through walls.

Servers only have 30 slots and all are full atm,looks like i wont be playing DayZ Exp for a while

Was the same for me last night with US servers. If you want to play, just keep double clicking on the server until a spot opens.

That being said, EXP was borderline unplayable for about 1/3rd of the time last night. Rubberbanding for over 60 seconds straight where it felt like I had a leash attached to a building. No matter which direction or what action, I would just get teleported back. Died twice being teleported outside of a building I was in 30 seconds earlier.

Haven't tried fishing yet but chopping trees, searching for berries/apples & making fires was pretty cool. Wasnt able to upgrade my fire but made the simple one. Couldn't find any ammo for the AKM but the new longhorn pistol is insanely loud. Interestingly enough, I ran around the new towns & NEAF/Svetlo mostly & never saw a single animal.

Been sitting here clicking on 40 slot servers for 20 minutes non stop with one hand on left click to connect and one hand on space to dismiss the " max players message" and waiting through the countless " joining server" followed by " could not connect" which happens 60% of the time really bums me out :C I'm very impatient and I really want to test this game!

I wonder if I can make a macro....

Edited by Hagon94
  • Like 1

Does your character carry on at all through logging out and then returning another time? My character has only been the same once or twice now after about 20+ server rejoins, and has either been going through a mix of some random previous character I had 5-6 spawns ago or once was my stable hardcore character.

Ashwood tree, almost black tree trunk, chop down and get ashwood stick 

8kq0x.jpg

Ashwood tree leafs 

vngd.jpg

Edited by Grzech
  • Like 8

Been sitting here clicking on 40 slot servers for 20 minutes non stop with one hand on left click to connect and one hand on space to dismiss the " max players message" and waiting through the countless " joining server" followed by " could not connect" which happens 60% of the time really bums me out :C I'm very impatient and I really want to test this game!

I wonder if I can make a macro....

Enter enter enter enter enter enter enter enter enter enter enter

Yeah just pressing enter works too. I was clicking connect, dismiss, connect ,dismiss, connect, dismiss, etc. and the guy I met in experimental and was steam chatting with told me: " uhh I think just pressing enter works too"

Enter enter enter enter enter enter enter enter enter enter enter

Yeah just pressing enter works too. I was clicking connect, dismiss, connect ,dismiss, connect, dismiss, etc. and the guy I met in experimental and was steam chatting with told me: " uhh I think just pressing enter works too"

Thats wierd! Pressing enter does nothing for me :C

• Like 1

My character is wiped all the time when i get in exp server . It's only my problem or it's is acknowledged ??

Found new vest, 12(4x3) slots, looks cool:

czAEkID.jpg

ttK8CNH.jpg

And it still can't hold as many 30 round magazines as I can with an actual vest with half the pouches...

• Like 1

make sure you highlight connect first, if connect is red it will work :) the red action is the one enter will relate to, no red action then enter doesn't work 

• Like 2

Try selecting the server, pushing connect, and then when it says: "server full" or whatever then just push enter to get rid of that and push enter again to attempt to connect and then you should be able to chain it so that it will keep attempting to connect and getting rid of the "server full" notification.

This sounds awesome!
I'll wait for it to become stable, so I can enjoy the features fully. :)

But... it rekindled my motivation to give it another shot!

I lit up a flare on the top floor of a building, and the whole block turned red.

All lights in this engine travels through walls sadly.

• Like 1

Well yea it's a light source and we all know how light sources behave with the limitations of the current renderer. Rocket has said there are great possibilites in the future with possibly fixing light passing through walls but they won't know until they fully implement the new renderer, DX11 and test. Read more info here in the devtracker http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/196890-reddit-rocket2guns-on-light-going-through-walls-will-be-entirely-possible-to-fix-in-the-future/.

Edited by haknslash
  • Like 1

The m4 does not only spawn at the Helicopter crashes..I just picked up one in a police station...