SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.45 Discussion

did the exp servers just go down?

Got a session lost, figured it wsas just connectivity.

On server list though, nobody's up

some buildings just dont want to let go

I don't seem to have any problems on UK, EU, US and DAL servers, but if the ping is over 100, buildings will start to not letting you get too far from them. Rubber-banding back in them.

dont know if its supposed to be like this but one out of 10-15 apple trees yield fruit 

I believe it's based on the chance/tries and not the actual tree. Basically, moving from tree to tree is pointless. Just keep searching same one to eventually get an apple.

Same with berries in a bush and sticks from the forest floor.

Edited by Gekkonidae

did the exp servers just go down?

Got a session lost, figured it wsas just connectivity.

On server list though, nobody's up

For me, since yesterday, that means server restart, then attempt to log back in but crash to desktop, then loose my mouse and have ctrl-alt-del into the windows restart screen.  sigh...

I believe it's based on the chance/tries and not the actual tree. Basically, moving from tree to tree is pointless. Just keep searching same one to eventually get an apple.

Same with berries in a bush and sticks from the forest floor.

Actually, I've had better luck with berries, 2 for 3 tries.  Just don't want to eat hemlock or something.

• Like 1

I don't seem to have any problems on UK, EU, US and DAL servers, but if the ping is over 100, buildings will start to not letting you get too far from them. Rubber-banding back in them.

playing on DAL ping is usally around 30 and still have problems 

some buildings just dont want to let go

when this happens just sing this song 

it always helps for me 

oh.. and don't forget to keep wigling while singing

• Like 1

One cool thing which I have realized is that Zombies now don't always glitch through the stairwells of houses in order to climb up to the second floor, they can actually get onto the other levels of the building and proceed to hit you, however sometimes they still do no-clip through the stairs, but it's an improvement to say the least.

Got potato, fish and fire place. Today in master cheff, fish and chips in Balota sniper hill :D

qaqm.jpg

dbrg.jpg

• Like 6

Can anyone confirm that there was a character wipe for experimental? Im fresh on both, and had been geared up waiting for this moment with my matches, and axe and gaslamp with cooking pot.. Im fine if its wiped, just want to know. Maybe I was just on different server hive as it was UK.. ?

Yes that is correct, completely new hive.

Anyone got session lost? i alway get it after ~20 min gameplay...

Session lost should happen every hour, that is the server restarting.

Ok so apart from rubber banding that everyone is experiencing it is a very good patch. I watched a zombie chase a pig, it looked so perverted I had to have a bath afterwards, I don't know what happened to the poor little fella. Fishing hooks are hard to see, keep your eyes open.

The "rubber band" effect is horrible... The previous experimental patch was almost perfect! No problems at all. Now the game is unplayable... 5 minutes you run around, and 3-5 minutes you hop back into your previous location... Also seems like some optimization has been lost... I am getting less FPS than I used to using the same settings

Edited by osallivan

The rubber banding needs to be addressed the game is unplayable the amount it flings you around. Also they need to address the "not responding" after a server reset but there is a little way to prevent that, when it pops up with session lost just go back to the main menu, and alt+tab out then alt+tab in. But for the most part it's a good update, just little issues need to be addressed.

Personally I haven't experienced *too* much rubber banding but I've been in low-pop servers attempting to test things out. Only got rubber banded back maybe 3 times in an hour or so. I think as long as you arent sprinting through buildings there isn't much rubberbanding.

Yes that is correct, completely new hive.

I don't believe this is correct. Most experimental servers are running private (aka they are not connected to the central hive) so they won't connect to your old experimental char. However, there's one or two public servers in which I was able to return to my old experimental character just fine on more than one occasion.

Private = reset

Public = old char

Edited by solodude23
  • Like 1

damaged sardines do not show up right they  show up as a lantern half in the floor, i can not get them out of my hand now i was starving and still am....

So this was my first time ever trying out the experimental patches and there wasn't a thing that I thought was bad. 
Fresh spawned on a mountain by NE airfield, ran over to the castle and bam, instant AKM2014-05-21_00001_zps8c127344.jpg

I looted NE and ran towards the coast and found a heli crash site which I found a splitting axe at
2014-05-21_00002_zpsf0c90a64.jpg

As for the rubber banding i've found that if you keep rubber banding inside a building hold shift and walk, does wonders, any time you are going through a door or fence gap just walk it, running is why you keep rubber banding.
Sadly I got beat up by some zeds and the town next to me erupted into a mass of gunfire so I called it a night, will def look for more new stuff tonight and test out my fireplace

Edited by F22RaptorDude
  • Like 1

Personally I haven't experienced *too* much rubber banding but I've been in low-pop servers attempting to test things out. Only got rubber banded back maybe 3 times in an hour or so. I think as long as you arent sprinting through buildings there isn't much rubberbanding.

I don't believe this is correct. Most experimental servers are running private (aka they are not connected to the central hive) so they won't connect to your old experimental char. However, there's one or two public servers in which I was able to return to my old experimental character just fine on more than one occasion.

Private = reset

Public = old char

Not sure dude, you could be right. Unfortunately I wasn't able to test this as there was only 1 exp server to choose from lol

• Like 1

Love this patch and dev team ! My friends that refused to play dayz because it was just a KOS fest are now playing again !! This is a monumental patch indeed! But there's one thing that makes me tick : having to double click endlessly trying to get into a server , let alone woth friends trying to join and I play hardcore so there's even less chances haha ...

Please devs can you make more of your experimental servers hardcore as opposed to regular ? Just a couple more please mc fistaroony? We love you regardless dayz devs , just wanna play your bomb game =}.

Kind of depressed now, but let's look at this in steps:

1. Kill a cow.

2. make sure you have plenty of room for all those cow steaks

3. skin and quarter it. I think you need to have a knife or machete or.... in raised stance for that, I had a machete. You should get an action option for skinning and quartering it, or something like that. If you don't get that, hit it a few more times, I don't know, but maybe the cow wasn't actually dead but only unconscious.There will be a pelt there.

4. Use a rope to craft an improvised LEATHER courier bag with 4*4 slots.

5. Add sticks for the upgrade (get sticks for example by standing at a bush with a raised machete. I guess an axe will also work...an action option will appear) and get highly depressed because the bag vanishes.

6. Repeat steps 1-5. Same results.

7. Get a gas container, a gas stove and a frying pan.

8. Put down the gas stove with attached container, turn it on, add the frying pan and add cow steaks to the pan.

9. Look at the inventory of the pan, watch it get hot (red) and be excited about your first steak, although you only have two, after all the above steps resulted in you only having a hoody and pants for inventory.

10. Welcome the "session lost" while the steaks are not even done yet and quit for the day.

Concerning the backpack crafting, when I drop something on the floor, it currently vanishes quite often. I can only guess that the improvised leather backpack met that fate or is not implemented yet. Can someone confirm? I need to calm down now, I really wanted those steaks.

PS: You can harvest the cow twice for steaks and a pelt.

Edited by bautschi
  • Like 1