SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.45 Discussion

Interesting, no more splint then?

You have both options now, actually :)

The fireplace kit will look like a gray pile of ash on the ground with containers for logs in it. 

You can also upgrade it to a better fireplace with 8 stones. Haven;t seen that yet but Dean said something about it. You can mine the rocks with a pickaxe.

Edited by Gekkonidae
  • Like 1

Here is a video on making fire.

• Like 12

I think double barrel (not sawn off) may have been nerfed. Just killed a dude from at least 50 meters away, 2 shots but I think only last one hit. Nice!

nice update...thx guys :-)

met my first deer...

d5zazs8n.jpg

y9we9oyx.jpg

63ktvpwm.jpg

the road flares works fine too, but the light goes through walls - I think this bug has every lightsource?!

khuv6gni.jpg

Edited by xCAPx
  • Like 3

the road flares works fine too, but the light goes through walls - I think this bug has every lightsource?!

For now, yep. When they replace the stuff with the renderer they will be fixing the lightsource issue. It will also allow them to do a lot more than just that, too.

Found Betsy the cow. She was a friendly gal. I tried to feed her but she wasn't having any of it. So I killed her. And then the game immediately crashed. Betsy didn't like me killing her I suppose.

I followed what i thought was a deer at the top of a huge hill-mountain, turns out the deer was actually a tree.. also turns out i found mt. everest dayz, think my base will go here ;)

http://s8.postimg.org/n7hy1dqat/Mt_everest.jpg

edit: been hearing sounds for an hour now, guess il, go check it out to find materials for a fire =0!

Edited by Grapefruit kush

Any info/vids on a working craftable bow? Would love to see a vid of someone hunting animals with the craftable bow.

There's already a bunch of threads about the bow, which was implemented since 44. patch, but wasn't working because there was no arrow. Now there are some. Need to test the bow.

mv1evt.jpg

• Like 2

Found Betsy the cow. She was a friendly gal. I tried to feed her but she wasn't having any of it. So I killed her. And then the game immediately crashed. Betsy didn't like me killing her I suppose.

you have to be careful.  just like elephants - a zombie cow never forgets.

• Like 1

For any easy way to get a bow just chop down some trees. first tree i chopped down had a ashwood stick among the lumber. 2nd one i didn't find anything, by the third one my axe was ruined... I used it to make a fishing rod though(which i don't know how to use) since i didn't have any arrows 

So, i've been getting a lot of rubber-banding on the experimental build. It's not all the time, but when I go near buildings. 

I was running to a farm long shed, peered inside it, ran in and saw weapons cleaning kit at the far end of the shed and then I delayed back and was runnining into the wall.

I ran back inside and saw a pickaxe and the very same weapon cleaning kit I had saw before I bounced back. There was also a spite I had not seen before at the far end.

Could just be lag or? I don't know, seemed a little weird, because I only had this rubber banding back when I get close to buildings since i've been sticking to the woods scavenging from farm towns.

Edited by Daemonkid

Can anyone confirm the existence of random heli-crash sites, or are the 2 posts in this thread a troll? They look slightly photoshopped.

Nvm.. confirmed via Reddit.

Edited by Etherimp

found a crossbow. couldnt attach pu scope.

Crossbows can only take the ACOG scope tested this in the latest Stable patch & last experimental before today so would say this hasnt changed,

So, i've been getting a lot of rubber-banding on the experimental build. It's not all the time, but when I go near buildings. 

I was running to a farm long shed, peered inside it, ran in and saw weapons cleaning kit at the far end of the shed and then I delayed back and was runnining into the wall.

I ran back inside and saw a pickaxe and the very same weapon cleaning kit I had saw before I bounced back. There was also a spite I had not seen before at the far end.

Could just be lag or? I don't know, seemed a little weird, because I only had this rubber banding back when I get close to buildings since i've been sticking to the woods scavenging from farm towns.

Rubber banding is very bad on my client sometimes I cant exit a building at all just keeps throwing me back.

Yeah that is extremely annoying, i got ganged up on by 5 zombies in a building, it looked like i was exiting the building but i kept taking damage and getting thrown back into the building between the zombies.

It appears the rubberbanding issue only happens when your player gets "stuck" in geometry but when it happens, it dupes the player and you run along just fine in your client but the server clone thinks you are still stuck somewhere and teleports you back.  That's why zombies can attack your "dupe" and you will receive damage wherever you are. 

So to avoid the rubberbanding, avoid running inside buildings and square yourself in doorways or any opening/passageway where your player is close to geometry.  This should help for the time being.

^^ Very helpful advice, after reading that I've started slowing down inside buildings and taking my time on stairs and at doorways and the issue is much less prevalent. Saved me from much frustration.

• Like 1

the rubberbanding did dissappear on my side!

when near a building i switched to slow run!  when leaving building. at the entrance.  i slowly only moved 1meter or something, then took a look around, then 1meter again, then look around , .....      

this helped me and completely got rid of the rubberbanding!

dont rush out of buildings with fast run!

edit:

THE ZOMBIES ARE A JOKE AGAIN!  WHY MAKE THEM SO EASY?! I WANT MY TOUGH ZOMBIES BACK!!!

Edited by brumey
  • Like 1

new content sounds great! What is different with the zombies? I;m at work till tonight so excited to try to find all the new loot .

Can i check. is this only for experimental servers .. and there are some of those online with slots available correct?

THE ZOMBIES ARE A JOKE AGAIN!  WHY MAKE THEM SO EASY?! I WANT MY TOUGH ZOMBIES BACK!!!

Well I played this experimental gotta say the extra features are good. but sadly the rubberbanding is crazy. and also the xbox 360 control does not work at all doesn't come up in devices. and I just died all of a sudden.

I also had some serious rubberbanding issues during the first couple of hours after the servers came on. In fact so serious that at one point I ended up in the closed room in a police station. Luckily I could persuade some friendly souls to murder me. I played for a couple of hours more after than and strangely enough didn't experience much rubberbanding since.

Well I played this experimental gotta say the extra features are good. but sadly the rubberbanding is crazy. and also the xbox 360 control does not work at all doesn't come up in devices. and I just died all of a sudden.

i have set up a good configuration for pinnacle game profiler, if you are interested, i can send you this profile with a little explanation how to setup xbox 360 controller as best as like nativ support by game itself.

Edited by d0pesen
  • Like 1

my 3dconnexion spacenavigator also doesnt work anymore.   tough everything is mapped correctly in the Settings!

remap all ?