ImpulZ

Experimental Update 1.10 (Changelog)

Truck update is here

Edit

Interestingly they seem to be 2 seats with specific base building resource slots!

It may be bugged, I can see how to attach base building supplies, barrels and creates can be dragged onto their spots.

Values are

• 50 logs
  • 100 planks
  • 40 sheet metal
  • 600 normal cargo
  • 4 barrels
  • 4 creates (can also have loot in them)
Edited by Five_Seven_Clown
  • Beans 1

And how much network optimization or vehicle fixes were don.... oh... I see... you added yet ANOTHER Space Shuttle.... figures.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Homeschooliazon said:

Não concordo que a vida útil dos itens deva ser reduzida para 8 horas.

Eu jogo principalmente em servidores oficiais completos, a maioria dos meus spawns me forneceram recursos suficientes para começar e alcançar um animal que eu pudesse cozinhar ou um lago onde pudesse pescar,

me preparando com comida suficiente para algumas horas. (Eu sou um jogador experiente)

Eu não encontraria equipamento militar raro em bases militares (nvg, rifles automáticos), mas regularmente conseguiria algum arrombando uma base ou matando outros jogadores.

Eu gostei de encontrar saques deixados por outros jogadores em lugares incomuns e o incentivo maior ao negociar com jogadores.

Muitas vezes, quando eu precisava de um item, podia encontrar um estranho para me juntar por um tempo, já que tínhamos que reunir nossos estoques (para fabricar uma vara de pescar ou fazer um carro andar),

ou eu os mataria para conseguir o loot de que precisava.

My congratulations if your experience with the game is being nice, but I can only thank the developers for this change for 8 or 4 hours, it is frustrating to invade the bases and find almost nothing, since the players are burying most of the items in unimaginable places, because it’s very easy to make attacks on the base and they don’t want to lose the items that took weeks to find thanks to the game’s delay in exchange or replacement, it’s frustrating to go north of the map and find nothing, the problem is not the food , you plant or hunt, but you go through a military base to find new clothes and only find clothes from guys who came from the coast and when you come back the other day those same clothes are there without change, it is very frustrating.

3 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

UPDATE 1.10.153524 (released on 29.10.2020)

ADDED

• Added the M3S Truck (Covered variant) and associated vehicle parts

I'd expected the truck to return with one of the 1.10 patches, but where are the improvements to vehicle stability? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

On 10/22/2020 at 5:24 AM, ImpulZ said:
  • Added the Pipe Wrench
  • You can now repair a damaged car engine with the Pipe Wrench

But...  Why?

Crescent wrench is already in the game.  Most work on cars is done with socket wrenches, or at least closed end wrenches.  I've worked under the hood of many cars in my life and have never used a pipe wrench to fix anything car related.  Can anyone here list one part on any vehicle that is fixed/replaced with a pipe wrench?

Edited by Parazight
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Beans 2

23 hours ago, Tonyeh said:

It's one of the worst things about the game at the moment. The fact that certain items can be rendered off limits to 99% of players, because 1% have them stored away in boxes. That's just a shitty way to design any game. The idea that something simply won't spawn AT ALL because there's 5 (or whatever) already on the map just means that the majority of the people playing the game will never experience that item. The 1% will just server hop until they have all they need/want and stash it away, killing the server's ability to spawn more.

I get that making some things rare is essential to the...um..."joy" of discovering it. But rare shouldn't mean impossible. Which is what the current mechanic does.

The ONLY reason I possess an AKM now, is because I was in early on 1.09 and got one from one of those green lookout towers at the NWAF. I haven't found another AK weapon since...in 100's of play. The baby AK doesn't count.

That's just not right.

There shouldn't be any item closed off to spawning on any map.

You just described capitalism congratulations xD 

33 minutes ago, Parazight said:

But...  Why?

Crescent wrench is already in the game.  Most work on cars is done with socket wrenches, or at least closed end wrenches.  I've worked under the hood of many cars in my life and have never used a pipe wrench to fix anything car related.  Can anyone here list one part on any vehicle that is fixed/replaced with a pipe wrench?

Have you ever repaired a Lada Niva? Or perhaps a V3S or maybe a Volga? XDD

• Sad 1

35 minutes ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

Have you ever repaired a Lada Niva? Or perhaps a V3S or maybe a Volga? XDD

I have worked with old volvos (very similar to Volgas) and military trucks comparable with the V3S, and the only part you would use a 4 kg pipe wrench for is twisting loose some axle or suchlike that was rusted or jammed. A pipe wrench is really only good for twisting or turning stuff that doesn't want to be turned, that's their primary use. You do not use them when repairing an engine...

I would say swap the engine repairing capability over to the regular wrench, make lug wrench required to mount or dismount wheels and let the pipe wrench be used primarily for braining zombies - and maybe give it a tad more damage output for that job. It weights 4 fkn kilos, doing a rushing attack on a zed should down it in one smack as with the sledgehammer.

Edited by Derleth
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

In Livonia at 7674.84 / 5536.56 Roztoka, within 50m West of the first ruined building on the North side is a water trough that is clipped into a tree. I am unable to retrieve any standing water from it. 

Off topic, but can anyone explain to me Dayz's so called lack of using 'multiple cores' kind of interested in the potential there.

2 hours ago, Derleth said:

A pipe wrench is really only good for twisting or turning stuff that doesn't want to be turned, that's their primary use.

I might have to try this on the wife!  😋

• Haha 2
  • Beans 1

looking forward to find a server with setRespawnMode enabled! i guess that will help me convince a certain friend to rejoin the game. because its pretty impossible to have a nice evening with a buddy run, without two days prepearance of getting to the same location.  only to log in and die of some stupitidy and then just having a solo gamenight with teamspeak conversation.

thank you for that!

is there a way i can find such servers? will this be a available filter on the server search mask?

15 minutes ago, MathTheRender said:

looking forward to find a server with setRespawnMode enabled! i guess that will help me convince a certain friend to rejoin the game. because its pretty impossible to have a nice evening with a buddy run, without two days prepearance of getting to the same location.  only to log in and die of some stupitidy and then just having a solo gamenight with teamspeak conversation.

thank you for that!

is there a way i can find such servers? will this be a available filter on the server search mask?

Sorry to ruin your good mood, but all that feature does is let you respawn with the same character appearance each time, instead of spawning you with a random character every time.

Edited by Derleth

After playing some more, I think that the insulation system needs to be completely reworked.

I have char who's wearing ushanka, hunting jacket, jumpsuit pants, hiking boots, plus backpack and of course all the loot. All in pristine to worn conditions and dry. Yet as soon as s I step outside the character starts shivering with cold. I have noticed this on other occasions as well, while wearing good to best insulation clothing like pea coat, bomber jacket, beanie or zmijovka on the head and quality boots, I still  struggled to keep warm. At this point I'm not sure that even better insulation pants will help me stay worm. 

I think here is more than enough IRL experience to say that this is all wrong and it does not take jogging, which is the default movement speed, to keep warm in clothing like that. To make matters worse, the character does not really get warm even inside with fire going. The heat buffer does build up, but I can assure you wearing all that clothing in a room with burning fireplace you would be sweating. Not just build up moderate buffer of warmth.

I can't imagine the usual survival gameplay, where I spend most of the time in nature, in the current conditions. Going from settlement to settlement and warming up is pretty much a must. Not to mention playing a proper winter map where it would be freezing temperatures. That would mean sitting inside with nonstop fire going. 

Edited by William Sternritter

19 hours ago, Tonyeh said:

But no item should be completely off limits to 99% of players because of some crappy game mechanic.

Sure, keep the numbers reduced, and as such rare. But as it stands, the current mechanic just makes them not spawn at all. That's broken in my book.

So, "reasons" is what you're saying. 

"But as it stands, the current mechanic just makes them not spawn at all. " - which is wrong. they spawn, they get looted, you have to find them and take them.

How about we change this discussion to cars. Cars have a max per server. Sure they are harder to hide but, should they spawn unlimited? No and neither should certain rifles. There are plenty of guns, just not the one you **want**. That's the point - go and get it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Beans 1

1 hour ago, William Sternritter said:

After playing some more, I think that the insulation system needs to be completely reworked.

I have char who's wearing ushanka, hunting jacket, jumpsuit pants, hiking boots, plus backpack and of course all the loot. All in pristine to worn conditions and dry. Yet as soon as s I step outside the character starts shivering with cold. I have noticed this on other occasions as well, while wearing good to best insulation clothing like pea coat, bomber jacket, beanie or zmijovka on the head and quality boots, I still  struggled to keep warm. At this point I'm not sure that even better insulation pants will help me stay worm. 

I think here is more than enough IRL experience to say that this is all wrong and it does not take jogging, which is the default movement speed, to keep warm in clothing like that. To make matters worse, the character does not really get warm even inside with fire going. The heat buffer does build up, but I can assure you wearing all that clothing in a room with burning fireplace you would be sweating. Not just build up moderate buffer of warmth.

I can't imagine the usual survival gameplay, where I spend most of the time in nature, in the current conditions. Going from settlement to settlement and warming up is pretty much a must. Not to mention playing a proper winter map where it would be freezing temperatures. That would mean sitting inside with nonstop fire going. 

Yeah I don't think they're quite there yet with the insulation values or how those actually affect the character's temperature. Wearing "best" insulation items in every single slot I still slid into the blues and was shivering while jogging through the woods - and it was not raining, everything was dry. This is just wrong and needs to be tweaked more. Hopefully they're aware, Sumrak was streaming expy last night and must have noticed the same. Apart from the obivous thing that "knife wear is still way off..." which he noted when cutting pumpkins.

Edited by Derleth
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Derleth said:

Apart from the obivous thing that "knife wear is still way off..." which he noted when cutting pumpkins.

I gave up on knives for now 😄

Also, since it will from now on make a huge difference if we wear a hat or not, can we please get head torch worn OVER head gear? 

And 1x time lapse for official HC servers 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Derleth said:

Yeah I don't think they're quite there yet with the insulation values or how those actually affect the character's temperature. Wearing "best" insulation items in every single slot I still slid into the blues and was shivering while jogging through the woods - and it was not raining, everything was dry. This is just wrong and needs to be tweaked more. Hopefully they're aware, Sumrak was streaming expy last night and must have noticed the same. Apart from the obivous thing that "knife wear is still way off..." which he noted when cutting pumpkins.

My understanding is that the insulation rating doesn't inherently make or keep you instantly warm; it only impacts the length of time and quality of the insulation bonus you get from standing near a fire. Clothing with "Best" hold the bonus much longer, keeping you warmer longer once you're warm.

Clothes with Best insulation will do a better job of keeping you out of the blue when it's dry without a fire, but it's still relative to the temperature of the area. If you're in an area that's much colder than that threshold, you're still going to need a fire. The idea seems to be that you can't just always "Set and Forget" by wearing the best clothes, unless you're in a relatively warmer area of the map.   

On 10/29/2020 at 8:56 PM, Derleth said:

I have worked with old volvos (very similar to Volgas) and military trucks comparable with the V3S, and the only part you would use a 4 kg pipe wrench for is twisting loose some axle or suchlike that was rusted or jammed. A pipe wrench is really only good for twisting or turning stuff that doesn't want to be turned, that's their primary use. You do not use them when repairing an engine...

I would say swap the engine repairing capability over to the regular wrench, make lug wrench required to mount or dismount wheels and let the pipe wrench be used primarily for braining zombies - and maybe give it a tad more damage output for that job. It weights 4 fkn kilos, doing a rushing attack on a zed should down it in one smack as with the sledgehammer.

tbh i would keep the wheels as is right now because it's really handy when bugfixing a car when it's stuck in a really stupid spot that should be easy handled irl... just keep it like this for the time being until they fix cars and car perfomance... handling... torque stats and what not... the V3S truck is cool but useless since it's so slow and it probably can't get uphill like at all since it's so underpowered engine it has and game's shit physics that it can't move up a tiny slope xd 
best car in the game... Lada Niva 4x4... it's great... you can go everywhere with it... it has nice cargo space... other cars just can't do what cars need to do to be useful... they are shit offroad... and uphill... the only car that's really worth it is Lada 4x4 everything else is kinda poo poo... except the Gunter 2 that thing is nice because.... cmon it's a Golf Mk2 ffs xD
( we love that car here where i am at... The Balkans... so it's kinda legendary here so that's why i like it ) 

13 hours ago, helpthedeadwalk said:

"But as it stands, the current mechanic just makes them not spawn at all. " - which is wrong. they spawn, they get looted, you have to find them and take them.

How about we change this discussion to cars. Cars have a max per server. Sure they are harder to hide but, should they spawn unlimited? No and neither should certain rifles. There are plenty of guns, just not the one you **want**. That's the point - go and get it.

the guns don't cause Server issues and FPS issues xD 

1 hour ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

the V3S truck is cool but useless since it's so slow and it probably can't get uphill like at all since it's so underpowered engine it has and game's shit physics that it can't move up a tiny slope

I watched some vids on the truck and it seems to do pretty well offroad and with hills

15 hours ago, helpthedeadwalk said:

No. Some items don't spawn if there are a certain amount buried in stashes, or being carried on players.

9 hours ago, amadieus said:

I watched some vids on the truck and it seems to do pretty well offroad and with hills

i guess we will see... but 42kmh on road flat worries me a lot

@Dayz/Devs

We need network and server sided optimization. I can only speak for PS4 but almost any server above 60 slots does suffer from lag/rubber banding or general ultra bad performance when full pop.
Before you add new stuff you should rather look into the server performance/server side and spend your time optimizing it.

Btw are there any news about next gen consoles? Can we expect specific next gen performance patches/improvements?