ImpulZ

Experimental Update 1.10 (Changelog)

Sorry guys, but can someone tell when approximately the update will be released to the stable branch 

3 hours ago, SillyJoe said:

@Dayz/Devs

We need network and server sided optimization. I can only speak for PS4 but almost any server above 60 slots does suffer from lag/rubber banding or general ultra bad performance when full pop.
Before you add new stuff you should rather look into the server performance/server side and spend your time optimizing it.

Btw are there any news about next gen consoles? Can we expect specific next gen performance patches/improvements?

I don't think its even recommended to go higher than 60 players. Even so, I get your point since it can happen at lower players counts too. Part of it is server specs and console is stuck with whatever Nitrado is renting.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, SpecialA said:

Sorry guys, but can someone tell when approximately the update will be released to the stable branch 

No. And why?

Let's analyze. EXP just came out this past week and has had a couple of hotfixes already. It will need a week or two minimum to test (IMO). This is also the last release of the year and they'd like to get it right, but you know there will be a hotfix after. I'd say the over/under is the end of Nov, probably the under.

12 hours ago, Tonyeh said:

No. Some items don't spawn if there are a certain amount buried in stashes, or being carried on players.

Agreed, but its not broken, its a design decision and I've already posted my reasons on it being a good thing. get out and raid a base or kill another player. don't just grind barracks.

9 minutes ago, helpthedeadwalk said:

I don't think its even recommended to go higher than 60 players. Even so, I get your point since it can happen at lower players counts too. Part of it is server specs and console is stuck with whatever Nitrado is renting.

Well the point is that BI's server provider/partner Nitrado does offer servers with up to 100slots!! We aren't even able rent servers with exactly 60 slots, it's either 52,64,66,68,70,82 or 100slots... I still wonder why its not even possible for console users to rent servers with exactly 60 slots (like the official ones)?! In my opinion it's a complete scam to offer servers with up to 100 slots because these servers are not running smooth above 60 slots at full pop (with the default server config).

So why is nitrado able to offer servers above 60 slots if it's a known problem that everything above 60 turns into a complete lag fest?

My experience on PS4 and community servers: 52 slots = constant smooth game play (with well timed server restarts) at full pop. Anything with 64 slots and above will almost immediately (few minutes) turn into a "complete lag fest aka AI/Zeds are stuck, cars are impossible to drive, hit detection with ultra lag, rubber banding, high chance of constant desync, aso." at full pop!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, helpthedeadwalk said:

Agreed, but its not broken, its a design decision and I've already posted my reasons on it being a good thing. get out and raid a base or kill another player. don't just grind barracks.

That's just not good enough.

...Anyway, have people been finding the weapon cleaning kit anywhere? If so, where have you been getting them?

Haven't seen one in ages.

5 hours ago, Tonyeh said:

...Anyway, have people been finding the weapon cleaning kit anywhere? If so, where have you been getting them?

Mostly at summer camps and other places you find hunting loot. Low tier military as well, but more rarely since there’s a much wider range of loot competing over those spawn points.

• Beans 1

Dear devs, could you also please consider fixing the barb wire issue where we are currently able to dismount them from the front instead of only from the back like in 1.07?

Makes them rather useless when anyone with the pliers can just come and take them away.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 10/22/2020 at 1:24 PM, ImpulZ said:

Dryed raw meat would still trigger diseases

Why in Russian Mi8 Helicopter NATO loot and in NATO UH-1Y Helicopter Russian loot? You should change it.

17 hours ago, Tonyeh said:

Found one in the first 1.10 build at least, so still around.
They no longer repair fully back to worn in one go now though, so even more valuable than they used to be.

18 hours ago, Tonyeh said:

Off a dead body 😈

1 hour ago, Gobbokirk said:

Found one in the first 1.10 build at least, so still around.
They no longer repair fully back to worn in one go now though, so even more valuable than they used to be.

Managed to get one in the Summer camps on the west of the map. They're spawning in the cabins like Derleth said. I forgot they did as I haven't really be using them for ages because of the wonder that was Duct Tape 😄

My toon was never without a roll. Great for boots, bags, clothes, suppressors and guns.

• Beans 1

I've been playing the experimental 1.10 on console, I looked on console section of forums but there's no thread for 1.10, so I'll post here for now. Really fun update, I had a friendly interaction with someone talking about the update while he slowly starved to death. I promised I wouldn't cannibalize him, so I didn't. Later in Elektro, I got shot at by a guy, we both fired about 6 shots at each other, missed all of them (I might've hit him with 1 rubber bullet in the chest, not sure), and ran off in opposite directions to deal with our zombies lol.

Some things I've noticed:

-testing blood type doesn't seem to reveal blood type (unless this was lag)

-I had an issue with not being able to switch to my melee weapon and when I tried punching zombies, there were no hits. Even punched a wall and no hits. I logged out and logged back in, and my pistol was in my hand with all the ammo emptied.  I don't know how to reproduce this glitch, seemed to happen pretty randomly, but it happened twice in about 20 mins.

- My statuses seemed to be bugged, I stayed wet for about an hour after rain and ate plenty of food without food stat changing to full from half white.

4 hours ago, Kohlbar said:

-I had an issue with not being able to switch to my melee weapon and when I tried punching zombies, there were no hits. Even punched a wall and no hits. I logged out and logged back in, and my pistol was in my hand with all the ammo emptied.  I don't know how to reproduce this glitch, seemed to happen pretty randomly, but it happened twice in about 20 mins.

- My statuses seemed to be bugged, I stayed wet for about an hour after rain and ate plenty of food without food stat changing to full from half white.

The thing with the melee/pistol is the hand state desync bug, it still happens occasionally, devs have been struggling with it for ages. (Was a lot worse a couple of patches ago.)

The status indicators seem* to have been changed to more accurately show your hydration and energy levels. Instead of displaying full white when you are at 3% energy the full white status actually means you have a decent buffer of energy. Takes some getting used to.

*) No mention of this in the patch notes so no way of knowing if it is intended.

There is still something wonky with AI collision physics, AI and animals will sometimes get catapulted into the air. Often they then land on rooftops and run around there unable to get down. It seems to happen mostly when they are close together (when a group of zeds are chasing animals around for example, or when a group of zeds and/or a flock of wolves are trying to get to a player hiding in a building or tower.)

@ImpulZ I can't imagine this is not a known issue, but is it on the to-do list or simply a quirk we should try to ignore?

On a related note - AI should take fall damage. For example, a zombie getting pushed off a building or landing after a 40-meter flight will just run back at you. They should not be able to kill my AFK self who thought I was safe on the police station roof.

Also - since infected can vault over 2,5 meter high barb wire fences, they should logically have no problem getting on top of hesco barriers, sand bags, cars and other low obstacles that players use to take refuge on. This would radically reduce the amount of quickly accessed safe spots, thereby making infected more of a threat. Next step is of course to have them break down doors, can't wait for that... The locking-zeds-in-houses meta would only buy you some time, and standing in a house killing the horde off from safety would be but a memory.

Edited by Derleth
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Beans 1

57 minutes ago, Derleth said:

The thing with the melee/pistol is the hand state desync bug, it still happens occasionally, devs have been struggling with it for ages. (Was a lot worse a couple of patches ago.)

The status indicators seem* to have been changed to more accurately show your hydration and energy levels. Instead of displaying full white when you are at 3% energy the full white status actually means you have a decent buffer of energy. Takes some getting used to.

*) No mention of this in the patch notes so no way of knowing if it is intended.

Yeah I noticed later on that the statuses did eventually change, only much slower than they used to. I already like this display of the food stat much better.

23 minutes ago, Derleth said:

There is still something wonky with AI collision physics, AI and animals will sometimes get catapulted into the air. Often they then land on rooftops and run around there unable to get down. It seems to happen mostly when they are close together (when a group of zeds are chasing animals around for example, or when a group of zeds and/or a flock of wolves are trying to get to a player hiding in a building or tower.)

Indeed, they can still end up on a roof even without apparent player interaction, but I have already seen them flying up in the air when chasing a player in a group, on EXP.

Also, it seems to me that a larger number of zeds gets stuck in various buildings like bee hives or inaccessible parts of houses. I would say this occurs more since the 1.08 patch. 

Edited by William Sternritter
  • Like 1

On 10/23/2020 at 3:16 AM, Parazight said:

Total garbage. You repeatedly complain about “aiming lag and ghost bullets” and have been refuted multiple times, by numerous people and never offer any counter arguments or quality evidence to support your claim. 

“online discrimination”. This is a joke, right??

Aim delay was introduced a few patches ago with a server side check for what is in the players hands, it is noticeable on high pop servers and is easily reproduceable, I also remember seeing an exchange beteeen TopeREC and the DayZ Twitter account about it. There's no need to be so combative.

1 hour ago, Joe Scrub said:

<Generic jumping car video>

That video is from January so how is it relevant to 1.10 Experimental? The car starts jumping the second you get into it which means the server was running on single-digit frames, getting into a vehicle on such a server is suicide, we all know that already. That you kept driving can only mean you were out to get a memish video to make a point.

I can toss in "counter" video. It's long and boring and also from a previous patch, but by contrast shows how driving behaves on a healthy server (and with a little bit of alcohol involved).

Edited by Derleth
  • Beans 4

Might not be the right place to ask, but would it be possible to incorporate mouse steering as an option for driving cars? I'm finding using the keyboard to steer being a bit naff. Mouse control can make car control a lot smoother and manageable in a game like this, specifically. I would even ask for controller support for PC even as a possibility, but this isn't GTA where jumping from driving a car with a controller to shooting at enemies on mouse and keyboard is a valid choice with minimal repercussions.

Edited by Masgel

3 hours ago, Derleth said:

That video is from January so how is it relevant to 1.10 Experimental? The car starts jumping the second you get into it which means the server was running on single-digit frames, getting into a vehicle on such a server is suicide, we all know that already. That you kept driving can only mean you were out to get a memish video to make a point.

I can toss in "counter" video. It's long and boring and also from a previous patch, but by contrast shows how driving behaves on a healthy server (and with a little bit of alcohol involved).

100% this. While cars are wonky they are highly dependent on the server config. An underpowered server overloaded with mods or players is only going to make it 10x worse. Unfortunately, most GSP aren't generously giving out dedicated servers, just oversubscribed VMs.

• Like 1

Awesome update, its definitely hinting at Namalsk XD

Also would you consider adding another gun with this update, the flares a bit meh, the AUG wont need its own ammo or mag type so be least work, but i miss the M249 SAW