ImpulZ

Experimental Update 1.10 (Changelog)

WOW WOW WOW

this is a real update ! Thanks thanks thanks guys ! continue like that ! that's great ! 🤩

Have PU/Hunting scopes always spawned in wooden toilets or has that been added in this update? I don't ever remember looting a PU from a toilet in this game until this update?

On 10/24/2020 at 9:59 PM, helpthedeadwalk said:

I never said DayZ wasn't part of the problem and I've been a developer and all sorts of other things right up through cloud for even longer. Now that we've gotten that out of the way, other servers have cars that work reasonably well (I know they aren't perfect). So go ask them what they run on?

This is in Arma 2 and 3, the machines worked! Well !, even on a weak server, and there was no noticeable difference, vanilla or mods server. In DayZ, players, even without cars, can get a lot of lag and dive. See how the server draws the player's movement on the car (you need a mod that shows the player on the map). When the car is in motion, the Server is almost always not confident in drawing movement on the map and positioning the player's position with multiple errors. A parked Car is standing still, and the speedometer can show the arrow shaking on the speedometer, up and down speed 0..1 ... 2..3..0 ... etc. What does the server do when the car enters a tight turn of 90 degrees or more? This is almost always laggy, even on a vanilla server.
There are many signs that this is a completely shitty mechanic and needs to be revisited on the principle of network mechanics, not just machines, but client-server-client packet exchanges. Yes, cars are almost super perfect in Offline missions, even with any mods. More than half of the problems described on the feedback tracker - problems are reproduced in a multiplayer game, and not reproduced in an offline mission.

• Beans 1

5 hours ago, lex__1 said:

In DayZ, players, even without cars, can get a lot of lag and dive.

There's a trick I use to get a sense as to how good the server is running.  When I first find myself bleeding for whatever reason, I pay close attention to the bleed indicator in the lower-right and I time how long it takes for the down-arrow on that icon to go to the up position after bandaging myself and eliminating all remaining cuts.

If it goes up almost instantly, you are on a "well-behaving" server.  If several seconds go by before your bleeding registers as being bandaged, then I wouldn't get into a car on that server if I were you.  It's a good barometer to whether you are experiencing lag on the server even if you didn't realize it.

Another similar method is how long it takes for your bottom-right indicators to reset after you die and respawn.  Again, on a server with good response times, all those indicators should reset almost instantaneously upon spawning with your new character.  If you were flashing red health when you died, for example, and you are able to take a dozen or so steps on your new life before that red flashing gets reset to white, your server is running very poorly.

• Like 4
  • Beans 2

Wow, looks like a great update!

After this update just broken arms are missing.

Aaaand:

@Devs: Is there any chance we are getting the old, or at least a similar to the old, unconsious system back?
- Go uncon before you bleed out

- Go uncon before you starve or dehydrate or freeze

- Do not always wake up from uncon automatically, rather lie there and bleed out for 2-10 min or so, so others may help you

- Go sometimes uncon if you are hit with a proper calibre in your ballistic helmet (but not necessarily bleed)

- Go sometimes uncon if you get hit with a gun, instead of just dying instantly Or instead of just being able to walk it off.

It was working so great in legacy version, but the uncon system right now is really just a bare minimum.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, lex__1 said:

This is in Arma 2 and 3, the machines worked! Well !, even on a weak server, and there was no noticeable difference, vanilla or mods server. In DayZ, players, even without cars, can get a lot of lag and dive. See how the server draws the player's movement on the car (you need a mod that shows the player on the map). When the car is in motion, the Server is almost always not confident in drawing movement on the map and positioning the player's position with multiple errors. A parked Car is standing still, and the speedometer can show the arrow shaking on the speedometer, up and down speed 0..1 ... 2..3..0 ... etc. What does the server do when the car enters a tight turn of 90 degrees or more? This is almost always laggy, even on a vanilla server.
There are many signs that this is a completely shitty mechanic and needs to be revisited on the principle of network mechanics, not just machines, but client-server-client packet exchanges. Yes, cars are almost super perfect in Offline missions, even with any mods. More than half of the problems described on the feedback tracker - problems are reproduced in a multiplayer game, and not reproduced in an offline mission.

OFFLINE works perfect because everything happens on the same machine.  Once you introduce a dedicated server, the server is the authority when it comes to vehicles amongst other things.  This is why it is really upsetting for server admins who test in OFFFLINE mode only to find that once you fire up your  dedi server, performance is TOTALLY different.   But the single biggest difference you will see and feel will be VEHICLES.

Short answer is I run a well-oiled machine, I've played this game religiously since 2014 with over 8000 hours, but without reliable vehicles, base building and movement around these huge maps being produced just pisses people off.   And to hear the devs have no plans because... it's hard.  That doesn't sit well.   The decision to go server auth for vehicles NEEDS TO BE ADDRESSED.   It's worth the time and energy to fix.  I'd take fixing vehicles over getting the Trumpet.  I'd take fixing vehicles over leg breaking.  I'd take fixing vehicles over a bow and arrow.  I'd take fixing vehicles over a new hat (please, no more hats).  Just fix the damn vehicles and be done with it.... please?!?!?

• Like 2

After playing the experimental this weekend I have two items to point out:

- Damage to knives is excessive. Pristine hunting knife (no less) got damaged after cutting off 3 pieces of bark and cutting down one bush. Later ruined after slashing a few infected. 

- My main struggle was against the CLE. From coast to further inland as far as Msta and Staroye there was no loot to speak of. Even the usual abundance of freshie hoodies was nonexistent. It is apparent that the improved weather effects and need for insulation are working 🙂 However; I stress again no loot, at all. Whether it's clothing, weapons, food or utilities the spawn points were mostly just empty. Don't know how many players were on the servers during the weekend, I did see the servers to have high pop, but everyone I've met confirmed the same. Perhaps that is why people talked instead on KOS 😄 Nonetheless, it was a struggle to find even the basic items. It was only with m fifth or sixth character that I got lucky enough with to loot some decent supplies. Still that happened across several hours when I lurked around two towns, logging off between the sessions. Picking up a character, looting supplies and moving inland in one sitting was outright impossible. 

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, William Sternritter said:

- Damage to knives is excessive. Pristine hunting knife (no less) got damaged after cutting off 3 pieces of bark and cutting down one bush. Later ruined after slashing a few infected. 

- My main struggle was against the CLE. From coast to further inland as far as Msta and Staroye there was no loot to speak of. Even the usual abundance of freshie hoodies was nonexistent. It is apparent that the improved weather effects and need for insulation are working 🙂 However; I stress again no loot, at all. Whether it's clothing, weapons, food or utilities the spawn points were mostly just empty. Don't know how many players were on the servers during the weekend, I did see the servers to have high pop, but everyone I've met confirmed the same. Perhaps that is why people talked instead on KOS 😄 Nonetheless, it was a struggle to find even the basic items. It was only with m fifth or sixth character that I got lucky enough with to loot some decent supplies. Still that happened across several hours when I lurked around two towns, logging off between the sessions. Picking up a character, looting supplies and moving inland in one sitting was outright impossible. 

You get loot from zombies too.

Here is the issue report for excessive damage to tools: https://feedback.bistudio.com/T154571

Edited by vitdom

16 minutes ago, vitdom said:

You get loot from zombies.

Well captain, there are two points with that statement:

1. If that would be the case I would mention it

2. Spawn points should refresh loot regularly, therefore since houses etc. are empty CLE does not work and it needs to be pointed out 

You know what, let's make it three points:

3. If I would get a lot of loot from zombies but no loot from spawn points that would clearly be a bug and I would still report it

Dismissed. 

56 minutes ago, William Sternritter said:

Did you play 1.09 EXP. All the  loot changes were in the last release. The lifetime of items generally changed from hours to days so loot is not recycling as quickly on its own. It really forces you to get moving and look for a less-traveled path . And it does mean more starvation. IMO think it was too drastic, but here we are. Wait until Namalsk....

45 minutes ago, helpthedeadwalk said:

Did you play 1.09 EXP. All the  loot changes were in the last release. The lifetime of items generally changed from hours to days so loot is not recycling as quickly on its own. It really forces you to get moving and look for a less-traveled path . And it does mean more starvation. IMO think it was too drastic, but here we are. Wait until Namalsk....

Yeah I skipped 1.09 and it was in the patch notes, I just don't remember reading or hearing that it was this extensive. Seems a bit too drastic to me as well , so perhaps some tweaking will occur in the coming updates. 

Overall however; it is definitely a good thing hat you have manage your resources all the time, not just as a freshie. Reminds me of playtime on the old engine. I like this much more than gamifying the experience with making players hungry every 30 minutes and so on. 

13 hours ago, drgullen said:

Another similar method is how long it takes for your bottom-right indicators to reset after you die and respawn.  Again, on a server with good response times, all those indicators should reset almost instantaneously upon spawning with your new character.  If you were flashing red health when you died, for example, and you are able to take a dozen or so steps on your new life before that red flashing gets reset to white, your server is running very poorly. 

Thanks. This is a good tip for choosing a good server. However, errors happen even on good servers. Something is preventing reliable transmission of packets over the network. Why am I comparing the game on the DayZ network - with the game on the network Arma2, or Arma3. There were the same demanding indicators for PC, server and network resources, but there were no such problems. There was a problem of falling FPS, which was partially resolved in Arma3, 5-6 years after graduation. I understand that the game concept of interaction is built in different ways, but why use a different concept if it works worse, or is not completed yet. I could play Arm with a high ping of up to 200ms, on a powerful server, where the players or I did not get any problems interacting with the game content or synchronizing the players. GPS did not jerk players' positions. In my opinion, the network problems of the DayZ game have the primary task of revising or improving. I am sure that this will have to be solved sooner or later. I am sure that not many will want to wait long for a solution to this problem. In the new concept, we got a higher and more stable FPS, which does not drop on the client, but it is annoying when the game works with FPS 80-160, and in the game the interaction plays as if I had a FPS of 20-30. It turns out that there has been a change in the concept - the problem of the fall in the FPS was removed, the problem of interaction was added, which is no less depressing than the previous one. As a result, we have a problem that is reproduced as a lag, but with a high FPS.

Edited by lex__1

Still no archery, but I'm pleased to see the devs finally focusing on survival aspects again.

There are dozens of games where we can go run and gun, so it was frustrating seeing the devs just focusing on guns every update when what makes this game amazing is the hardcore survival.

Reintroducing the ability to break legs again is huge! One of my earliest DayZ memories was being near the campground by Electro, then hit in the leg by a sniper, breaking my leg. I then amazingly located him and killed him. I then crawled with a broken leg all the way to the hospital, and found supplies to treat the leg as well as my friend to give me a blood transfusion. That's what DayZ is all about. Hardcore survival.

I want to also add that the wool coat/jacket should have an exception regarding temperature when wet; wool retains its insulating properties even when drenched IRL, and one of my key woodland survival items I use when exploring the mountains IRL is a quality wool blanket, as well as wool socks and gloves for that very reason. Wool is much heavier than modern materials, but it's still a cornerstone material when braving the elements. Would be neat to see the wool coat/jacket behave this way in the game. Wool is also naturally fire retardant, though not sure how that would be of use in the game at this time. Very useful IRL, though.

Edited by Goatroach
Grammar/spelling correction
  • Like 1

On 10/23/2020 at 12:01 PM, aux7 said:

@ImpulZ   I have never had any issue finding berries . ..

I think the issue is that the berries are spawning but very few people pick them up or even know about their existence, leading to a couple of hundred berries cluttering the ground and rarely being picked up by players. That said I make a point out of running through berry bushes and tabbing into inventory to see them since it is very hard to spot them on the ground. As server owner it is easy enough to reactivate them, just set the event back to active.

Edited by Derleth

On 10/22/2020 at 5:41 PM, 'AZAZEL' said:

Could you also please consider fixing the barb wire issue where we are currently able to dismount them from the front instead of only from the back like in 1.07?

Makes them rather useless when anyone with the pliers can just come and take them away.

Pls support my ticket by adding your thougs on the Feedback Tracker. Thx! https://feedback.bistudio.com/T154649

Edited by andro_dawton

6 hours ago, Derleth said:

I think the issue is that the berries are spawning but very few people pick them up or even know about their existence, leading to a couple of hundred berries cluttering the ground and rarely being picked up by players. That said I make a point out of running through berry bushes and tabbing into inventory to see them since it is very hard to spot them on the ground. As server owner it is easy enough to reactivate them, just set the event back to active.

The problem with berries is they spawn dynamically... So most players don't look for them on the coast because they don't know about them if they haven't done their research... it's stupidly hard to realize they exist if you're new to the game if you don't realize that's an option. That being said, you'll find a ton of berries on the coast. But if you go inland where people are sparse and you're looking for berries, they won't be there unless you decide to chill around the bushes for 15+ minutes. But the berries, at that point, don't offer enough benefits for that. If they could get them to spawn before you get there without a prior player having been there before that'd be better. I would say that either implement that, where they're spawn timer is triggered more often or with a wider range surrounding a player, OR go back to that old "look for" function on the bushes.

14 minutes ago, discipled said:

The problem with berries is they spawn dynamically... So most players don't look for them on the coast because they don't know about them if they haven't done their research... it's stupidly hard to realize they exist if you're new to the game if you don't realize that's an option. That being said, you'll find a ton of berries on the coast. But if you go inland where people are sparse and you're looking for berries, they won't be there unless you decide to chill around the bushes for 15+ minutes. But the berries, at that point, don't offer enough benefits for that. If they could get them to spawn before you get there without a prior player having been there before that'd be better. I would say that either implement that, where they're spawn timer is triggered more often or with a wider range surrounding a player, OR go back to that old "look for" function on the bushes. 

It is the same problem with any other fruit. You can find large orchards on the cast, but I'm not even sure anymore how long you have to stick around to get some fruit from the trees. It used to be much less time. Plus a lot of the fruit will spawn rotten. It's so frustrating, I think fondly of the "search" mechanic. Fruits used to be one of the saviours of fresh spawn 🙂 

Edited by William Sternritter
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, William Sternritter said:

It is the same problem with any other fruit. You can find large orchards on the cast, but I'm not even sure anymore how long you have to stick around to get some fruit from the trees. It used to be much less time. Plus a lot of the fruit will spawn rotten. It's so frustrating, I think fondly of the "search" mechanic. Fruits used to be one of the saving graces of fresh spawn 🙂 

I guess there was some kind of bug where one could exploit that function. IDK. But fruit and berries and especially stones need a better spawn mechanic that, i guess, won't bog down the server.

UPDATE 1.10.153518 (released on 27.10.2020)

FIXED

• Dryed raw meat would still trigger diseases
  • It was not possible to skin an animal using a hatchet
  • The M4A1 could load flare ammunition
  • The wetness badge is now showing up again (as soon as the first item can be wrung out)
  • An incorrect amount of sticks was returned after building a shelter of a different type while having wooden sticks attached to it
  • It was possible to destroy the placed Shelter Kit
  • It was not possible to choose in between different shelter types when more than one material set was attached to the shelter site
  • The action to build a shelter did not complete when holding a tool
  • It was possible to over-stack Wooden Sticks using a fireplace
  • It was not possible to unload a flare from the Signal Pistol when in standing or crouched position
  • The shock hit effect was appearing delayed

CHANGED

• Lifetimes of items were lowered across the board (2 days have become 8 hours, 1 day has become 4 hours). This change may take up to 3 days to be in effect on the official Experimental servers
  • Removed skinning from the shovel, as it was causing a conflict with the bury action
  • Lowered the heat insulation of the Rain Coat
  • Lowered the heat insulation of the Patrol gear
  • Updated the tourist map for chernarus to include the latest coastline changes
  • Flare light should illuminate its surroundings much better (using linear brightness falloff)
  • Lowered the temperature loss of items when on the player
  • Reduced the overall damage applied to tools
  • Reduced the damage done to tools by burying ashes and players bodies by 60%
  • Increased the health of the Stone Knife, Steak Knife and Kitchen Knife
  • The Leather Shelter now requires 8 Tanned Leather to build
  • The Tarp Shelter now requires 4 pieces of Tarp to build
  • Increased the cargo space of Shelters to 10x10
  • Lowered the character's comfort temperature (making the character more resistant against cold)
  • Increased the impact of altitude on the environmental temperature
  • The regeneration speed of broken legs is now fixed to 30 minutes
  • In case of broken/splinted legs, the health of your legs now defines the character injury animation (slower with lower HP)
  • Walking does not trigger shock damage when having a broken leg and not having a splint
  • Painkillers and morphine reduce shock, dealt by broken legs, more (making them lot more useful in cases, where a player does not have enough time to craft/apply a splint)
  • Crossing waters (by walking or swimming) now makes the player freeze more

LAUNCHER

• The launcher was not showing the country of the language in the language selection

SERVER

• Added admin log information on the Shelters
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Beans 2

On 10/22/2020 at 7:38 PM, EzyStriderPS4 said:

Awesome update !!  @ImpulZ  Thank you !!!

QUESTION REGARDING:

"Adjusted the default comfort temperature of the player character (now 28 degrees Celsius)"

Why is the player comfortable at an equivalent temperature of 82F ?  Will this make it more challenging in-game to get warm, as far as clothing choices or lighting a fire when compared to v1.09? Personally, I think this value is WAY too high.  Most people will prefer a room temperature of about 70 - 75F (IRL)...  which is equivalent to 21 - 24C.   28C is uncomfortably warm (for me).  Again, I don't know how this balances with clothing insulation values and formulae used in-game; it just seems really hot rather than comfortable.  

28c would have me sweating and feeling pretty uncomfortable in real life if I had to do all the physical things I do in DayZ.

28c is T-shirt and shorts weather.

Edited by Tonyeh
  • Beans 1

On 10/22/2020 at 12:24 PM, ImpulZ said:

CHANGED

• Lifetimes of items were lowered across the board (2 days have become 8 hours, 1 day has become 4 hours). This change may take up to 3 days to be in effect on the official Experimental servers

;(

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, ImpulZ said:

UPDATE 1.10.153518 (released on 27.10.2020)

FIXED

• Dryed raw meat would still trigger diseases
  • It was not possible to skin an animal using a hatchet
  • The M4A1 could load flare ammunition
  • The wetness badge is now showing up again (as soon as the first item can be wrung out)
  • Ruined car parts could not be detached from the vehicle
  • An incorrect amount of sticks was returned after building a shelter of a different type while having wooden sticks attached to it
  • It possible to destroy the placed Shelter Kit
  • It was not possible to choose in between different shelter types when more than one material set was attached to the shelter site
  • The action to build a shelter did not complete when holding a tool
  • It was possible to over-stack Wooden Sticks using a fireplace
  • It was not possible to unload a flare from the Signal Pistol when in standing or crouched position
  • The shock hit effect was appearing delayed

CHANGED

• Removed skinning from the shovel, as it was causing a conflict with the bury action
  • Lowered the heat insulation of the Rain Coat
  • Lowered the heat insulation of the Patrol gear
  • Updated the tourist map for chernarus to include the latest coastline changes
  • Flare light should illuminate its surroundings much better (using linear brightness falloff)
  • Lowered the temperature loss of items when on the player
  • Reduced the overall damage applied to tools
  • Reduced the damage done to tools by burying ashes and players bodies by 60%
  • Increased the health of the Stone Knife, Steak Knife and Kitchen Knife
  • The Leather Shelter now requires 8 Tanned Leather to build
  • The Tarp Shelter now requires 4 pieces of Tarp to build
  • Increased the cargo space of Shelters to 10x10
  • Lowered the character's comfort temperature (making the character more resistant against cold)
  • Increased the impact of altitude on the environmental temperature
  • The regeneration speed of broken legs is now fixed to 30 minutes
  • In case of broken/splinted legs, the health of your legs now defines the character injury animation (slower with lower HP)
  • Walking does not trigger shock damage when having a broken leg and not having a splint
  • Painkillers and morphine reduce shock, dealt by broken legs, more (making them lot more useful in cases, where a player does not have enough time to craft/apply a splint)
  • Crossing waters (by walking or swimming) now makes the player freeze more

LAUNCHER

• The launcher was not showing the country of the language in the language selection

SERVER

• Added admin log information on the Shelters

Will it go on stable tomorrow? I think it possible could go right? :O