ImpulZ

Experimental Update 1.10 (Changelog)

On 11/6/2020 at 7:41 AM, Derleth said:

Grenades are still a little wonky, I've had one blow up under my feet and took nearly no damage, so chances are some or all of your nades barely singed its fur..

About barbed wire: From the outside it should really be a destroy action as with the locks, makes absolutely no sense that the dismount action is available to raiders. It should take a good while and also destroy the pliers in the process, so you'd need two to destroy the wire on a fence with barbed wire mounted in both slots. Actual barbed wire is pretty thick and those little pliers we have in-game look way too delicate to be efficient trying to cut it.

Just use a double barrel with Buckshot. literally 1 double blast kills a bear. how's that for balancing 😂

Hello, pay attention to patch 1.08
was written:
1.that you fixed the aiming issue for  non-player entities , but the command is actually unstable because you forgot to add a check that the value does not go outside the -PI or PI when crossing a PI boundary, GetInputController().GetHeadingAngle() starts returning invalid values and the character starts spinning.

2.non-player entities creatures still cannot shoot, there is only the effect of the shot, but no bullet appears, which should have dealt damage on hit.

how were these commands tested before adding?
here is my bug report.
https://feedback.bistudio.com/T151736
I ask you to solve the problem, this problem is already a year old, and you falsely wrote that you fixed
news from patch 1.08

Added: Ability to set aimChange for non-player entities
Fixed: Spawning projectiles fired by non-player entities https://feedback.bistudio.com/T149517

The report hangs for a whole year, and instead of solving the problem, you just wrote what you fixed, but in fact it still does not work

Edited by komer95
  • Like 1

By the way, you guys really should either A) hide backpacks and weapons worn on shoulder slots on players entering vehicles or B) give vehicles attachment slots for backpacks and guns (4 of each, showing them visually in the boot, or simply allow backpacks with cargo to be put in vehicle inventory) and make it impossible to enter while wearing backpacks and/or weapons on shoulder slots.

It really looks utterly awful with rifle barrels sticking up through roofs and backpacks clipping out of car seats.

I would prefer option B but if that is too much work then at the very least go with option A and hide them (like the item in your hands is hidden) when entering the vehicle.

On a related note - rifles still sit half way into the player's shoulder when worn in the shoulder slot, that really should be adjusted too.

Edited by Derleth
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Derleth said:

By the way, you guys really should either A) hide backpacks and weapons worn on shoulder slots on players entering vehicles or B) give vehicles attachment slots for backpacks and guns (4 of each, showing them visually in the boot, or simply allow backpacks with cargo to be put in vehicle inventory) and make it impossible to enter while wearing backpacks and/or weapons on shoulder slots.

Which reminds me, it's also quite weird that you cannot store a backpack or clothing with items in it. Yes I, understand the game reason but then let's have something like dedicated slots or have these items take up more space than usual or something.
Because there is nothing more annoying that constantly juggling items, when in reality I would just toss the entire backpack to a tent or car trunk. For life in a base, even if temporary this is quite essential. When we did build a base it made no sense to run around fully geared. Instead I would dress in just the basics, carry one gun on the shoulder and move around doing construction work etc. 

Prolonged lifetime does address this in a way, because I can rely that the item will be there even hours later but still it's not exactly safe storage,  where I would leave it unattended. On that note, please make it clear which items have which lifetime. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Beans 1

On 11/5/2020 at 5:24 PM, 'AZAZEL' said:

Dear devs, could you also please consider fixing the barb wire issue where we are currently able to dismount them from the front instead of only from the back like in 1.07?

Makes them rather useless when anyone with the pliers can just come and take them away.

I think is is sadly not high enough on the priority list - even it is a small fix as modders are saying. I wounder why? Probaly no Dev is playing the game as a "Base Builder". 😞  

@lynn.zaw Since Arma 3 2.00 having a Dedicated 64 bit Linux Server. Is it possible that DayZ benefits from that code base to get a DayZ Linux Server in the future?

Edited by andro_dawton
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, William Sternritter said:

Which reminds me, it's also quite weird that you cannot store a backpack or clothing with items in it. Yes I, understand the game reason but then let's have something like dedicated slots or have these items take up more space than usual or something.
Because there is nothing more annoying that constantly juggling items, when in reality I would just toss the entire backpack to a tent or car trunk. For life in a base, even if temporary this is quite essential. When we did build a base it made no sense to run around fully geared. Instead I would dress in just the basics, carry one gun on the shoulder and move around doing construction work etc. 

Thank you, I 100% agree on this. You simply don't pack a car by emptying the contents of your suitcases into the boot and then tossing the empty suitcases on top...

Some time back I made a feedback ticket on this subject, feel free to comment on it on the tracker, eventually it might get noticed... https://feedback.bistudio.com/T150113

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So this is not an experimental bug, but on 1.09, I've lost two characters. One fully geared and one newspawn.

Lighting a fire, if you're too near, you'll take damage. But even if you move away, you'll CONTINUE to take damage and bleed out and die.

Ridiculous that something like this happens in a game that's 8 years old.

Haven't tested this in 1.10.

6 hours ago, Tonyeh said:

So this is not an experimental bug, but on 1.09, I've lost two characters. One fully geared and one newspawn.

Lighting a fire, if you're too near, you'll take damage. But even if you move away, you'll CONTINUE to take damage and bleed out and die.

Ridiculous that something like this happens in a game that's 8 years old.

Haven't tested this in 1.10.

Standing too close to the fire always gave you damage, at least close to open fire. It has not happened to me with indoor stoves and fireplaces yet. It was actually quite silly that you could take damage when starting a fire because you triggered the action too close to the fireplace. 

Though I have not yet seen that you would continue to take damage until you die. That sounds like a bug. 

Of all the problems this game has, people are complaining about guns sticking through the roof of a car.  How about we actually fix the cars so they work without killing you or sending you to the stratosphere FIRST!  Then we can discuss how things LOOK.  Cosmetic changes is simply BS at this point.  I don't care how quickly food rottens or if you can pee sitting down or whatever little thing is presented, without reliable, stable, working vehicles, the game is STILL broken.... period.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

Of all the problems this game has, people are complaining about guns sticking through the roof of a car.  How about we actually fix the cars so they work without killing you or sending you to the stratosphere FIRST!  Then we can discuss how things LOOK.  Cosmetic changes is simply BS at this point.  I don't care how quickly food rottens or if you can pee sitting down or whatever little thing is presented, without reliable, stable, working vehicles, the game is STILL broken.... period.

I love how they blame car problems on "your internet connection" too, to pretend it has nothing to do with the horrible net code/servers. "You can just stop the car when the server fills up, I never have any problems with cars."

Edited by GamerWarrior2000

Server performance should be addressed first, indeed. Once that's stabilized properly, only then should be an eye kept on how vehicles react and make changes and improvements accordingly.
As for how vehicles react at times of necessary use, you're gonna accept the risks given anyway if you're deciding to go for a drive. If you see that the car doesn't want to co-operate, you simply don't drive, then. So far we (and what I've observed) know that vehicle stability is dependent on server population first and player's internet connection second (,because no matter how well hosted a server might be, your 5/1 connection is still gonna drag you down).
Felt like pointing it out was necessary, because most players still don't seem to understand that. Yelling "omk car spaeshep i ded" doesn't fix the problem in a fingersnap, let's be real. I'm not 100% sure where BI's priorities are at currently, but I can agree that stable servers should've been addressed a while ago.

14 minutes ago, Masgel said:

So far we (and what I've observed) know that vehicle stability is dependent on server population first and player's internet connection second (,because no matter how well hosted a server might be, your 5/1 connection is still gonna drag you down).

Yeah, there's more than one thing at play of course. Server performance is the biggest factor since an unstable server will lead to desync, desync leads to misbehaving cars, hit registration and hand state bugs etcetera. Dumb thing is that even a powerful server that could easily handle full pop can be destabilised by one or more players on poor internet connection. That is no fault of the guys on poor internet - there will always be laggy connections - the coding must be made less sensitive to this so player lag does not trigger server lag. It's pretty simple really. And if vehicles can also be made less likely to go flying above or below ground when someone is lagging, that would of course be an added bonus...

Also a reminder, whenever a car goes flying it is nearly always just on the client PC it is happening, it is not really flying on the server. What I do when it happens is put the gears in neutral and shut the engine off, that snaps sync back 9 times out of 10. Failing that I shut the game off and relog to find the car safe on the ground. Problem is if you're doing 90 kmph when it happens the car will be smoking against some tree, or if you're on a full server relogging is not something you want to do.

So in short - yes, going forward any issues affecting server performance should be priority one to work with. That doesn't mean the people working on other things should sit on their hands however.

It ain't the clients fault, period. Yes, if you have a terrible internet connection, you are going to have trouble controlling a car, let alone doing anything in a video game. However, this flying car issue is caused by low server FPS. Sumrak has stated this several times on stream. It is the server's calculation of the vehicle that is causing the malfunction. Any attempt to blame this on a client or expect the client to find work around's is just silly nonsense. You can have a beastly PC and great internet connection and if an Official server is too populated you will be an Astronaut. Good riddance even on low pop servers vehicles bump on the ground like they're ready to takeoff. Devs need to rectify the net-code or get more powerful servers that compensate for the garb net-code. At the end of the day, it is the developers duty to deliver a stable experience in the base game. For cars, they have not done this in 2nd year of post-release support.

1 minute ago, GamerWarrior2000 said:

It ain't the clients fault, period. Yes, if you have a terrible internet connection, you are going to have trouble controlling a car, let alone doing anything in a video game. However, this flying car issue is caused by low server FPS. Sumrak has stated this several times on stream. It is the server's calculation of the vehicle that is causing the malfunction. Any attempt to blame this on a client or expect the client to find work around's is just silly nonsense. You can have a beastly PC and great internet connection and if an Official server is too populated you will be an Astronaut. Good riddance even on low pop servers vehicles bump on the ground like they're ready to takeoff. Devs need to rectify the net-code or get more powerful servers that compensate for the garb net-code. At the end of the day, it is the developers duty to deliver a stable experience in the base game. For cars, they have not done this in 2nd year of post-release support.

Again, that low server fps is the only cause is simply not true, I know this because I have run a server for a long time and I have seen what is going on when these things happen. You can have cars doing Harry Potter stunts while the server FPS is stable at 2,500 - but someone with ping jumping between 500-1,500 enters your net bubble. Yes, it is the server having a heart attack that causes the desync, which in turn triggers the flying car. But what causes the server stutters is not always the same thing. In some cases it is low server fps, you will know this is happening when the car starts dancing in place as soon as you get in the drivers seat. In other cases it is caused by lag - and while both the server and you as a driver might be on perfectly stable internet, all it takes is this one guy nearby with shit internet. It sucks, but that's just how it is.

As server owner all I can do is set a low max ping and keep the maximum players on the server low enough so the server fps never slips below 1,000 - and the server has barely any car issues ever.

What it means is, as has been said numerous times in this and other threads - server performance and stability must be improved. It is simply not acceptable that a few laggy connections can destabilise an entire server, and servers should be able to run on the official max capacity without melting down. It's that simple.

35 minutes ago, Derleth said:

Again, that low server fps is the only cause is simply not true, I know this because I have run a server for a long time and I have seen what is going on when these things happen. You can have cars doing Harry Potter stunts while the server FPS is stable at 2,500 - but someone with ping jumping between 500-1,500 enters your net bubble. Yes, it is the server having a heart attack that causes the desync, which in turn triggers the flying car. But what causes the server stutters is not always the same thing. In some cases it is low server fps, you will know this is happening when the car starts dancing in place as soon as you get in the drivers seat. In other cases it is caused by lag - and while both the server and you as a driver might be on perfectly stable internet, all it takes is this one guy nearby with shit internet. It sucks, but that's just how it is.

As server owner all I can do is set a low max ping and keep the maximum players on the server low enough so the server fps never slips below 1,000 - and the server has barely any car issues ever.

What it means is, as has been said numerous times in this and other threads - server performance and stability must be improved. It is simply not acceptable that a few laggy connections can destabilise an entire server, and servers should be able to run on the official max capacity without melting down. It's that simple.

I have yet to see any evidence that client's connection is causing flying cars. But if they designed the game so that one unstable connection on the server causes the server to go beserk, the problem is still with the game. Whatever the precise relationship, it can't be the client's fault that this stuff happens. Seeing people blame the end user for the state of cars is my real gripe. I can go play Forza 7 and see opponents desync all over the place due to poor connection and my car stays firmly on the ground. Same goes with any other game with cars. I remember Brian Hicks promising 100 player servers during Alpha, and yet the servers can hardly handle Medium pop years later. Just seems unprofessional that they would leave this game-breaking issue after release and consider it "complete". I can forgive the hacker situation to an extent because the hackers are working hard to ruin other's experience and circumvent security, but the performance problems are solely on the dev's shoulders. If they fix this I will be the first to praise the game and call it "finished", but until then it just feels like an abandoned alpha, whose funds are now being used to fund the development of superior, more reliable Arma 4 engine.

Edited by GamerWarrior2000

12 minutes ago, GamerWarrior2000 said:

I have yet to see any evidence that client's connection is causing flying cars. 

It does not cause them to fly, but it causes all sorts of desyncs and lags, resulting in loss of control. Other people's poor connection has also an effect on your performance in some details like the lag of ADS. Tested on a server with two people. Sometimes these things don't take much effort, just rent a standard server for a few months and see it in action. Something maybe the devs should do as well. 

So one hand people's poor connection is "their fault" and they should not join servers with ping >100 as a rule of thumb. On the other hand, maybe it's the net code, maybe it's the server performance but it's shit and devs need to fix it.  

17 minutes ago, William Sternritter said:

It does not cause them to fly, but it causes all sorts of desyncs and lags, resulting in loss of control. Other people's poor connection has also an effect on your performance in some details like the lag of ADS. Tested on a server with two people. Sometimes these things don't take much effort, just rent a standard server for a few months and see it in action. Something maybe the devs should do as well. 

So one hand people's poor connection is "their fault" and they should not join servers with ping >100 as a rule of thumb. On the other hand, maybe it's the net code, maybe it's the server performance but it's shit and devs need to fix it.  

Exactly. And @GamerWarrior2000 , we're not blaming anyone, merely pointing out what causes what. Devs can - and I'm sure they will eventually - refine the netcode and server files to reduce these things to a minimum. If core server performance can't be improved enough then they need adjust minimum system requirements, so such a system can deliver a stable experience at full (supported 60 players) pop. Regardless, with all the stuff going on on a DayZ server I doubt 100 player servers with persistence and heaps of mods will ever be pleasant to play on.

This situation needs a proper statement. Otherwise, this topic is a no-ender. Merely quarreling amongst each other isn't gonna bring a proper resolution. Maybe even put it in Layman's Terms for the ones that aren't willing to dig deeper than a few words that once got tossed around.

It's a big sad that this game falls a few devs too short on being developed better. And I don't only mean faster. There's multiple factors that contribute along this. Devs are as humans as we are, and they're not robots, either, as much as the vocal mass would like to believe.

Edited by Masgel
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, GamerWarrior2000 said:

whose funds are now being used to fund the development of superior, more reliable Arma 4 engine.

Isn't the network side of DayZ purely Enfusion as well? If so, and I think it does, then there should not be much difference. Some are even speculating that work done on Enfusion for Arma4 will benefit Dayz as well. Interesting to see what the future brings us.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, William Sternritter said:

Standing too close to the fire always gave you damage, at least close to open fire. It has not happened to me with indoor stoves and fireplaces yet. It was actually quite silly that you could take damage when starting a fire because you triggered the action too close to the fireplace. 

Though I have not yet seen that you would continue to take damage until you die. That sounds like a bug. 

Well, to say it was irritating would be a vast understatement. But to lose a highly geared toon that way was..."irritating".

Anyway, tried another fire last night and moved way back from it before I lit the match. I could barely, just about, get the "Ignite" option. So, I lit it and got burned again. I didn't die this time though, as I immediately ran away from the fire, with my character taking damage and going "ooh...ahh..."

I don't know if it's just the server I'm on currently, cos I've never seen this before, but something certainly seems to be off.

For the time being, I'll be cooking everything in a house.

I can take losing a toon to bears, wolves, other players, my own stupidity...even cheaters. But to lose one to shitty code in a game that's been in development for nearly a decade is nearly enough to make me quit altogether.

14 hours ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

It´s not really complaining, its pointing out and making suggestions aka giving contstructive feedback.

Also the tone of your comments suggests that you´re really p****d off by the constant nuisance that ist flying cars. As most other commenters pointed out already this is a combination of issues, which probably aren´t fixable within the scope of one game update. But the comments regarding the visualisations certainly are. Connected to the issue is the handling of cargo (barrel in hand on drivers seats anyone?) and the future handling of handguns (shooting out of windows was already announced, so it´s probably coming at some point) and possibly handling cargo within the car (going to your inventory).  At this point in the developement, I think that the devs rather aim for fully resolving an issue or coding content, than for simple cosmetics, so the chance for just having them remove the sticking out guns isn´t plausible as they would have to devote someone with that rather minor task. If you see what they did with the truck, and the attachement slots of it, you also see progress. I don´t know about you but for me, as long as the game is moving forward, I am happy with what happens and speculate that they just couldn´t amass the devtime to fix the bigger issues, like proper netcode and server side implementation of vehicles. Yes it sucks, but I doubt that they haven´t noticed it by now. So I trust that they are gonna do something about it in the future and when the wonky car starts to happen while driving, I break and shut off the engine. Works most of the time.

UPDATE 1.10.153556 (released on 10.11.2020)

FIXED

• Infected and animals had an active collision with the player for a few seconds after their deaths
  • Wooden Log, Wooden Plank and Metal Plate could not be attached to the M3S truck
  • M3S wheels were not changed properly into their ruined variants when destroyed
  • It was not possible to wash hands in the sea
  • It was not possible to swap items in hands under certain circumstances when it should be possible
  • It was not possible to swap to small items when having heavy items in hands
  • It was possible to induce desync of the hand slot by interrupting specific actions
  • The respawn dialog was displayed after a player tried to respawn while being unconscious and the server had the respawn dialog disabled
  • Wearing the Great Helmet would not change the player's voice
  • Loading ammo into a weapon using hold on quickbar always loaded only one bullet
  • Swapping the last attachment of a fireplace would always give the max quantity of the item instead of the current
  • The fireplace sound was still playing when coming back to it, after it had died out while the player was far away from it (should also work for flies stuck above a dead player's body)

CHANGED

• Updated the ground- and on-character model of the splint
  • Reduced the chance of items spawning in the coastal infected types on Chernarus

MODDING

• Changed: Simplified the API for clothing that changes the characters voice. Enable it by overriding IsObstructingVoice() to true and set the desired effect by overriding GetVoiceEffect()
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Beans 2

15 minutes ago, lynn.zaw said:

UPDATE 1.10.153556 (released on 10.11.2020)

FIXED

• Infected and animals had an active collision with the player for a few seconds after their deaths
  • Wooden Log, Wooden Plank and Metal Plate could not be attached to the M3S truck
  • M3S wheels were not changed properly into their ruined variants when destroyed
  • It was not possible to wash hands in the sea
  • It was not possible to swap items in hands under certain circumstances when it should be possible
  • It was not possible to swap to small items when having heavy items in hands
  • It was possible to induce desync of the hand slot by interrupting specific actions
  • The respawn dialog was displayed after a player tried to respawn while being unconscious and the server had the respawn dialog disabled
  • Wearing the Great Helmet would not change the player's voice
  • Loading ammo into a weapon using hold on quickbar always loaded only one bullet
  • Swapping the last attachment of a fireplace would always give the max quantity of the item instead of the current
  • The fireplace sound was still playing when coming back to it, after it had died out while the player was far away from it (should also work for flies stuck above a dead player's body)

CHANGED

• Updated the ground- and on-character model of the splint
  • Reduced the chance of items spawning in the coastal infected types on Chernarus

MODDING

• Changed: Simplified the API for clothing that changes the characters voice. Enable it by overriding IsObstructingVoice() to true and set the desired effect by overriding GetVoiceEffect()

Nice!

Please also as i said, fix the new (old) desync bugs. For example if you fully use an item, like ducttape and its gone after u used it, you are often not able to take anything in hands anymore until you reconnect.