ImpulZ

Stable Update 1.05

Also, the complete wipe didnt occur as I see, that is a problem for duped leftovers...

Anyone know if any locks are working to secure bases?

7 hours ago, Christoffer.s said:

Can someone confirm that amphibian (MKII) is in the game, played 10h today looking for it and couldn't find one.

Also, awesome patch!
The movement is now up to date.

Yes, i can confirm. I have one ( with no magazine 😔) on my alternate character in 1.05 vanilla server. But with the new R to reload mechanic is easy use one to kill zombies only with the chamber round loaded.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, vak2 said:

https://youtu.be/qozbeWdh_88
in 5 minutes to drink in the death
Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong .. He pukes in all what you give him .. no water is good enough

you character is sick, you drinking too much, take small sip by small

17 hours ago, my_nick_was_taken said:

Hi Impulz, I played on the gameservers stable hive which was moved:

"in two weeks (on the 2nd of September), we will be moving several Official PC servers to the Community Tab. As this includes a hive switch, characters on these servers will be wiped on that day. However, the map persistence will stay intact. So, to not lose any progress and keep your server, we recommend you to:
1. Stash your gear in some persistent way on the server before September 2nd (in tents, barrels, or buried in the ground).
2. Note down your server IP, to easily find your server again, after the switch has been made."

https://forums.dayz.com/topic/245961-pc-server-reassignment-on-september-2nd/?_fromLogin=1

I did as suggested and now all my usefull gear is buried on a hive were no-one plays, my character wasn't wiped and I can log-in to the 1.05 official stable, but ofc. all usefull gear is stripped and buried on another hive.

Why make me bury all my gear when I still have my character on the 1.05 official stable?

I could have kept everything I wanted to keep on my character and then all would be good.

Brgds

Nick

This is how it worked:

• Server persistence on the moved servers was saved, so the server still has the bases, vehicles and stashes preserved.
  • Since the servers moved to a new hive, all players start fresh on the server.

You have simply not joined your old server yet, but some random server on the regular public hive where you still have your old character. If you want to access your old base and buried gear, you have to join your old server under the Community tab in the server browser. In short:

• Old hive (public) - old character saved, but no bases or stashes from old server
  • New hive (Community) - new character, but bases and stashes saved
Edited by Derleth

2 hours ago, polini said:

Yes, i can confirm. I have one ( with no magazine 😔) on my alternate character in 1.05 vanilla server. But with the new R to reload mechanic is easy use one to kill zombies only with the chamber round loaded.

Yes.

With new items added to the loot economy it will always (unless the server is wiped so it starts fresh) take some time for them to appear, since the CLE has to make room for them by clearing away other spawned items. 

Edited by Derleth

6 hours ago, pr9inichek said:

Just reproduce this bug on stable and ask Geez to close ticket as resolved.

Please

The bug is already fixed... It's in the patch.. It was reported... It was fixed... Everything is fine its just that the credit to me for reporting that bug hasn't been typed in the patch notes... The link to my ticket wasn't there... They fixed that afterwards 

17 hours ago, lemplicz said:

Thanks for a great update. Two questions though:

1) Have you shut down any official servers? I cant find the server I was playin on the last week. We had quite a huge base there 😕

2) Have you done anything about the duping problem? It is exhausting to run around the map for many hours finding just SKSs and stuff 😕

Thx.

The official servers hosted by Gameservers were moved to the community tab on September 2nd. More info here: 

20 hours ago, krazikilla said:

G is now to start the animation to throw something, not just drop.

If you hold G you are dropping smth.  Not sure why they switched it around to what it was before.

At least i mostly need drop, and just sometimes throw, so it would be logical that the most used is just press G, not hold G.

So how do you throw sth now? I click G to assume the position and then hold it to throw, but the smoke grenade always lands straight at my feet.

Also, does shout baiting work on the zeds now? I can't seem to elicit any reaction from them.

But all in all, a very good patch, I love vaulting! 🅱️

43 minutes ago, Kirov (DayZ) said:

So how do you throw sth now? I click G to assume the position and then hold it to throw, but the smoke grenade always lands straight at my feet.

Just press G once to move in throwing stance. Then use the left mouse button to determine how far you want to throw. 

• Beans 1

5 hours ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

The bug is already fixed... It's in the patch.. It was reported... It was fixed... Everything is fine its just that the credit to me for reporting that bug hasn't been typed in the patch notes... The link to my ticket wasn't there... They fixed that afterwards 

Sometimes it's happens.

Don't worry, may be in next patch 😉

5 hours ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

We report bugs for honour... not glory. 😎

• Thanks 1

Tweaked: Bandaging using a rag or bandana no longer causes the wound infection, because wound infection had no effect on player characters

I don´t get this ..why not just add an effect instead of removing it all again.. it even says in the description of the bandage that is´t not sterile.. So the devs rather keep useless items like alkohol and desinfectant(etc) and remove a half implemented feature insead of finishing it ? 
I really love DayZ but this, i really don´t get!

Edited by wud
  • Like 1
  • Beans 1

Anyone seen that light sources render strange when observed from different distances?

Tested with Flashlight/Headtorch/Crafted Torch and Chemlights/ burning Rags and Fireplaces.

( All video settings on Extreme / Shadows on High / Post-processing Medium / No AA )

Between close and around 100 Meter everything seems fine.

Between 100 and 150 depending on FOV the light cone/circle cuts off or doesn't render at all.

In transition between 140 and 160 Meters there's some replacement cone/circle that illuminates in a different simpler style.

After that all light cuts off completely. ( That's the Bummer )

Edited by ash2life
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, ash2life said:

Anyone seen that light sources render strange when observed from different distances?

Tested with Flashlight/Headtorch/Crafted Torch and Chemlights/ burning Rags and Fireplaces.

( All video settings on Extreme / Shadows on High / Post-processing Medium / No AA )

Between close and around 100 Meter everything seems fine.

Between 100 and 150 depending on FOV the light cone/circle cuts off or doesn't render at all.

In transition between 140 and 160 Meters there's some replacement cone/circle that illuminates in a different simpler style.

After that all light cuts off completely. ( That's the Bummer )

i've noticed that if you zoom in you can sometimes see light sources from a distance (fire/flashlight/chem light/torch etc)  and from the same distance when using binoculars it wont register at all even though you are zooming in way closer than with just the default zoom with the naked eye.  its been like that for the last few patches though for me.  immersion breaking and annoying as hell when you are stalking someone in the dark lol

Edited by mjf6866
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, pr9inichek said:

Sometimes it's happens.

Don't worry, may be in next patch 😉

I said they fixed it and they linked the ticket to it.. They linked the ticket even back in experimental patch that fixed it prior going to stable

5 hours ago, ThePugman said:

We report bugs for honour... not glory. 😎

Well how is it gonna be for honour if people don't know who reported that bug? XD

Thanks DEVs - The new update is awesome.

First time in a ages i actually had to hunt and barbacue to survive! First of all, this update is great. Tons of fixes, a few nice new features. And is it me, or is there really a bit less food and drinks to find? I love it. The first time since years i actually almost starved inland and had to hunt some animal and barbacue it! I almost dehydrated so i drank from a pond and got sick and had to find some meds to survive. It actually felt a little bit, like.. you know, like.. a survival game! I almost thought of starting a little farm actually. (But ok, no need for that yet, still a bit too much food to find, but i think we are on a good way). Also that it takes muuuch longer now to regain health is a nice change. Finally you get punished a bit for beeing shot up or bleeding for too long and you get benefits from bloodbags, salinebags. Thanks for that!

* * And a few things which would be awesome to get fixed in the near future, a few suggestions: **

1. Fix Bullet damage (or registration?) Guns are way too weak now, since 0.63. You often need 5 bullets or more of .45 acp to down unarmoured target. also 9mm and .380 is usless. High calibre also hardly ever drops anyone with 1-2 bullets unless headshot. You should die or go unconsious quicker. Today i shot a dude with a medival helmet point blank in the brain witha .45 cal, he walked it off like almost nothing. Why do i have to hit a guy with a fieldvest 3 times center mass with SKS so he eventually finally slows down at least? (i think 1-2 should drop him down, at least unco) One of the only guns which feel right at the moment is Shotgun with Buckshots.

2. Fix inertia, No more instant 0-100 acceleartin at running please. Fix Zig-Zagging, no more almost 180 degrees turn on full speed. No more strafing A-D with no speed loss

3. Fix basebuilding. For now you need hours to build and seconds to break. Please balance this. It is completely useless to build a base right now in vanilla. It should take >40min to get in a base, or require some very rare tool (c4 explosives?) to get in. Not every bambi should be able to destroy your base. Else almost noone will use basebuilding (like it is now)

4. Fix Combatlog, increase time to disconnect to 45-60 seconds, make a sound like yawning when he is waiting the time, and a sleeping back zip when disconnecting directly. Canceling the disconnect

15 minutes ago, krazikilla said:

Why do i have to hit a guy with a fieldvest 3 times center mass with SKS so he eventually finally slows down at least? (i think 1-2 should drop him down, at least unco) One of the only guns which feel right at the moment is Shotgun with Buckshots.

As far as im Informed (Youtube knowledge), a bulletproof west would only protect against handguns. .45 Cal is allready an exeption. And subguns and rifles projectiles just penetrate easily due to the higer velocity.

A guy called Paul Harrel on Youtube can give you a good impression on what a bulletproof west could absorb or not.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Leah Snow said:

Anyone know if any locks are working to secure bases?

My four barrel lock is working fine . . no problems

• Thanks 1

On 9/4/2019 at 1:25 AM, OrcNator said:

Can't access wooden crates, floating wooden crates, and wooden crates inside the bush!

Same here. It seems that you have to access it one by one and take it ouf of the bush/tree by getting a good angle on one crate and taking it to your hands. The same unfortunaly goes for piled crates on the ground. If you have more crates piled on each other, you can access only one of them, sometimes two, depending on the angle. 😕 Annoying af 😕 

Good work on this update, Devs.

A lot of positive improvements.

I am quick to criticize.....And this time around I would like to give you credit for your work on 1.05

A short visit to Experimental....followed by a push to Stable...And a lot of MEANINGFUL additions, Tweaks, and Fixes.

Thanks!

5 hours ago, krazikilla said:

Thanks DEVs - The new update is awesome.

First time in a ages i actually had to hunt and barbacue to survive! First of all, this update is great. Tons of fixes, a few nice new features. And is it me, or is there really a bit less food and drinks to find? I love it. The first time since years i actually almost starved inland and had to hunt some animal and barbacue it! I almost dehydrated so i drank from a pond and got sick and had to find some meds to survive. It actually felt a little bit, like.. you know, like.. a survival game! I almost thought of starting a little farm actually. (But ok, no need for that yet, still a bit too much food to find, but i think we are on a good way). Also that it takes muuuch longer now to regain health is a nice change. Finally you get punished a bit for beeing shot up or bleeding for too long and you get benefits from bloodbags, salinebags. Thanks for that!

* * And a few things which would be awesome to get fixed in the near future, a few suggestions: **

1. Fix Bullet damage (or registration?) Guns are way too weak now, since 0.63. You often need 5 bullets or more of .45 acp to down unarmoured target. also 9mm and .380 is usless. High calibre also hardly ever drops anyone with 1-2 bullets unless headshot. You should die or go unconsious quicker. Today i shot a dude with a medival helmet point blank in the brain witha .45 cal, he walked it off like almost nothing. Why do i have to hit a guy with a fieldvest 3 times center mass with SKS so he eventually finally slows down at least? (i think 1-2 should drop him down, at least unco) One of the only guns which feel right at the moment is Shotgun with Buckshots.

2. Fix inertia, No more instant 0-100 acceleartin at running please. Fix Zig-Zagging, no more almost 180 degrees turn on full speed. No more strafing A-D with no speed loss

3. Fix basebuilding. For now you need hours to build and seconds to break. Please balance this. It is completely useless to build a base right now in vanilla. It should take >40min to get in a base, or require some very rare tool (c4 explosives?) to get in. Not every bambi should be able to destroy your base. Else almost noone will use basebuilding (like it is now)

4. Fix Combatlog, increase time to disconnect to 45-60 seconds, make a sound like yawning when he is waiting the time, and a sleeping back zip when disconnecting directly. Canceling the disconnect

What do you mean? I killed a guy or 2 with 9mm bullet to the head with no mag only chambering the pistol... And i killed people with the CR skorpion easily like 2-3 shots at unarmored players i. Police Station... They work fine what do you mean useless? XD