ImpulZ

Stable Update 1.05

On 11/1/2019 at 8:39 AM, William Sternritter said:

I changed my playstyle because of the following reasons:

1. Stamina. It no longer makes sense to carry all the loot and be cumbersome. I need one rifle, some backup gun and mainly clothes to blend in. 
2. I wanted to play differently, that is mainly to stalk player areas, go discover the corners etc. There are many small changes around the map, plus players tend to hide their bases on the edges. 

I tend to agree with TAMW, precisely because I used to follow more of your playstyle and there were even months when I relied only on harvest and hunting for food (then I got bored of it).

But the game shouldn't be 'hardcore' only to those who choose to. If it is, then it's just 'easy' and this affects all playstyles. What am I even doing, picking mushrooms in the woods, when in all towns and cities it seems like a Mardi Gras? I'd expect people who control a hospital and meds to be hungrier than the deer hunter visiting them.

And yes @TAMW, I remember the scarcity of 'golden tickets'. 😄 Unless every bullet counts, this will be just a poor man's PUBG.

17 minutes ago, Kirov (DayZ) said:

I tend to agree with TAMW, precisely because I used to follow more of your playstyle and there were even months when I relied only on harvest and hunting for food (then I got bored of it).

But the game shouldn't be 'hardcore' only to those who choose to. If it is, then it's just 'easy' and this affects all playstyles. What am I even doing, picking mushrooms in the woods, when in all towns and cities it seems like a Mardi Gras? I'd expect people who control a hospital and meds to be hungrier than the deer hunter visiting them.

And yes @TAMW, I remember the scarcity of 'golden tickets'. 😄 Unless every bullet counts, this will be just a poor man's PUBG.

what do you mean poor man's PUBG? First of all... PUBG is CHEAPER then current DayZ ... also there is PUBG Lite which is free to play wtf do you mean DayZ is poor man's PUBG xDD wtf 

On 10/31/2019 at 8:17 PM, Parazight said:

You're suggesting a scarcity of guns that is not going to make the title popular.  Also,  this was never intended to be a hardcore survival game.

I rarely see a sentence here which with I'd disagree more. You did read what's on the box, right?

As for what makes DayZ popular, I'd recommend refraining from overgeneralizations. I've seen practically all types of 'What people want from DayZ is X' statements, and they can be always boiled down to 'What I want from DayZ is X'. We don't want to hide our expectations behind preferences of a hypothetical average player, do we?

For one, I believe that 'hardcore survival' is the only thing which makes DayZ stand out. It's a piss poor FPS if only because of the bugs (I don't think most players are as patient as we are), so there's little point in making it similar to other titles.

30 minutes ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

what do you mean poor man's PUBG? First of all... PUBG is CHEAPER then current DayZ ... also there is PUBG Lite which is free to play wtf do you mean DayZ is poor man's PUBG xDD wtf 

Maybe I put it wrong, but I meant quality, not price. I did some PVP in DayZ and it sucks. There are so many games that do it better. Like I said above, if only because of the bugs. I put up with bugs in my DayZ experience which I would never accept in my shooter (just duping, wall clipping and hackers would be enough to uninstall).

Just now, Kirov (DayZ) said:

Maybe I put it wrong, but I meant quality, not price. I did some PVP in DayZ and it sucks. There are so many games that do it better. Like I said above, if only because of the bugs. I put up with bugs in my DayZ experience which I would never accept in my shooter (just duping, wall clipping and hackers would be enough to uninstall).

that also pushes avoid people gameplay... which i like because i'm forever alone and i enjoy playing alone... playing DayZ and roaming around feels like i'm taking a walk in real life... breath of fresh air 🙂 chill 😄

Also, has anyone experienced some weird car behaviour recently? I tried several in the past few days and at first, I suspected lag, but then I realized it's like someone would at random accelerate and decelerate my car (this accounting for slopes). Is it my connection or what?

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Kirov (DayZ) said:

Also, has anyone experienced some weird car behaviour recently? I tried several in the past few days and at first, I suspected lag, but then I realized it's like someone would at random accelerate and decelerate my car (this accounting for slopes). Is it my connection or what?

wtf? it's probably lag... surely 

1 minute ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

wtf? it's probably lag... surely 

It's probably lag, but it feels different. The acceleration I mentioned feels like acceleration, not like the server finally pushed me forward. And it's a low-ping low-pop server which didn't act so funny before. Just checking here if it's not a lag but something else.

And yes, I enjoy myself on an empty server a lot. Just cruising around, sightseeing and looking for wolves. Happy hunting!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Kirov (DayZ) said:

Well as stated above, I don't really agree with this. City means the relative comfort of supplies. Other hazards should be your primary concern. Athough of course, hunters going into cities should be bringing more food and other items to trade in for say meds and such.

More importantly, cities are now really empty because of the high player count. No matter where you go, there is always someone nearby or someone was there not long ago. TAMW's paradise server with all the loot in one city each time just isn't every server there is 🙂

Loot economy is unable to replenish that quickly, which is in hindsight not exactly bad, yet it means that for each session where you'll get some decent loot, there will be several others where you're struggling to find a single duck tape.

9 hours ago, Kirov (DayZ) said:

I was getting some really squirrelly behaviour with my car last night.

when stationary wheels bouncing around, car jumping up and down.

when moving, the corners are lifting, in one case I thought i was going flying/going to do a barrel roll. Transition to an off road surface often exascerbated it.

I run on a server with 130 to 190 ping, but I have never had this behaviour before.  The one time the car went for an aerial/underground moment (two months ago) it was stable up to that moment. This time the car was fidgety the whole time I was in it. . . ..  its not (I dont think its) lag, I suspect that they have changed something on the steam BI side . . . I was on my own on the server .. . .

On 9/5/2019 at 8:16 AM, krazikilla said:

1. Fix Bullet damage (or registration?) Guns are way too weak now, since 0.63. You often need 5 bullets or more of .45 acp to down unarmoured target. also 9mm and .380 is usless. High calibre also hardly ever drops anyone with 1-2 bullets unless headshot. You should die or go unconsious quicker. Today i shot a dude with a medival helmet point blank in the brain witha .45 cal, he walked it off like almost nothing. Why do i have to hit a guy with a fieldvest 3 times center mass with SKS so he eventually finally slows down at least? (i think 1-2 should drop him down, at least unco) One of the only guns which feel right at the moment is Shotgun with Buckshots.

That is just not correct.

If people dont go down then you are missing your shots or hitting limbs only.

Example: My mate got 1-shotted (killed) by a single shot to his goddamn plate carrier yesterday!

Just learn to hit your targets and it wont be a problem. 😉

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jonas Levin said:

That is just not correct.

If people dont go down then you are missing your shots or hitting limbs only.

Example: My mate got 1-shotted (killed) by a single shot to his goddamn plate carrier yesterday!

Just learn to hit your targets and it wont be a problem. 😉

Actually, there are currently two separate (or related for all I know) issues that can cause weapons to fire "ghost bullets":

• One is the "R to swap mag" feature implemented with 1.05, that can sometimes cause desync with the server so the server thinks the empty mag is still in the weapon while you and your client think you are shooting  - to you the gun says bang and you see blood spray from your victim, but everyone else just hear "click click click" and the victim can turn around and greet you with a shotgun blast to the face. You'll know this has happened when you can't refill swapped mags with new ammo. If you relog immediately then you'll see the empty mag is still in the weapon and no rounds have been fired from the other mags.
  • The other is an inventory desync thing that seems to me to be more rare but I've seen it happen a few times. The server will miss that you have swapped items between hands and inventory, so while you think you are holding an axe or a gun in your hands and fighting as normal - but nothing happens, it's like the axe or bullets are made of air - other players will see you waving a sewing kit, pair of boots, cooking pot or whatever around.

Both issues are real and equally frustrating. Hopefully fixed before 1.06 goes live.

Also about cars, I believe desync working together with the dodgy suspension simulation is behind 99% of all car troubles people are having. Desync is a relentless killer, I really hope they can get that evil bugger under control.

Edited by Derleth
  • Like 1
  • Beans 1

In all fairness though, 7x39 bullets are shit 😄 I landed a hit on a survivor ~300 meters, in the torso and he barely noticed. The other day I sniped a guy from ~400 meters with a Mosin, from the back, through a backpack and that was the end of his story. I'm not going to dispute the fact that angle of the second shot might have been different because he was crouched and landed a critical hit, but generally speaking 7x54 or a .308 caliber will at least knock the guy out even from a longer distance. 

Yeah distance reduces damage a lot now, probably a bit too much. To be fair 7.62x39 is still a pretty badass round in real life and definitely does serious damage to anyone at 300 meters range. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Kirov (DayZ) said:

Reminds me though ... we need ammo deterioration to return. Currently all rounds you pick up are in perfect condition, but this also used to be a great deal and added much to the aspect of not everyone who has a gun and even ammo has the ultimate advantage. 

17 hours ago, Kirov (DayZ) said:

I rarely see a sentence here which with I'd disagree more. You did read what's on the box, right?

As for what makes DayZ popular, I'd recommend refraining from overgeneralizations. I've seen practically all types of 'What people want from DayZ is X' statements, and they can be always boiled down to 'What I want from DayZ is X'. We don't want to hide our expectations behind preferences of a hypothetical average player, do we?

For one, I believe that 'hardcore survival' is the only thing which makes DayZ stand out. It's a piss poor FPS if only because of the bugs (I don't think most players are as patient as we are), so there's little point in making it similar to other titles.

I never received a box.  I'm not really interested in desires and intentions of what one dev, who left eons ago, made up for a tagline. 

I believe hardcore survival is impossible.   At least in the long term, the environment is pretty trivial.  Once you learn the map, the mechanics, and the way things are, surviving is not hard.   Group up with one person and you should not die.  It's a sandbox, it can't be tuned for geared players OR bambis.  It has to be one or the other.

And it's not even about what I want.  I play DayZ because of what it already is, not because of what I make of it.  Hardcore survival is not the only thing that makes DayZ stand out.

• Beans 1

34 minutes ago, PaulMaritz said:

What is updated in the new client side.

Nothing yet. Only on experimental. The 1.06 exp update is out

14 minutes ago, McWendy said:

Nothing yet. Only on experimental. The 1.06 exp update is out

Jesus christ can you stop (not you wendy specifically btw) please stop posting in this thread. Every time i see something Unread in Stable branch section i get a mini hearth attack thinking new update has dropped on Stable branch but nope it's just some guys replying in old update thread ffs xD

• Haha 1

Yeah i was gonna say Learn to read but didn't wanna start a new war again. 😁

No the client side had an small update it is not 1.05.152633 it is 1.05.152636 the last number so just want to know what the small update was about.

Edited by PaulMaritz

10 minutes ago, PaulMaritz said:

No the client side had an small update it is not 1.05.152633 it is 1.05.152636 the last number so just want to know what the small update was about.

That is a small change indeed. But there was no word of any change to stable yet. Could be a few terrain tweaks. Nothing substantial at least.

2 hours ago, McWendy said:

Yeah i was gonna say Learn to read but didn't wanna start a new war again. 😁

What do you mean learn to read? I go to the forums alright.. On my phone... It says Stable branch / Experimental branch... It doesn't say anything else... It only glows when there is something new in that forum? Do we really need to start a war over some dumb crap? Like wtf xd there was literally nothing there to start a fight i did not mean anything in an offensive way like wtf Wendy? 

46 minutes ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

What do you mean learn to read? I go to the forums alright.. On my phone... It says Stable branch / Experimental branch... It doesn't say anything else... It only glows when there is something new in that forum? Do we really need to start a war over some dumb crap? Like wtf xd there was literally nothing there to start a fight i did not mean anything in an offensive way like wtf Wendy? 

I was talking about and to the other Guy...... Sigh. 

• Haha 1