ImpulZ

Experimental Update 1.05

@ImpulZ 

Added: Cholera has a chance to appear in water bottles and canteens when initially spawned

Okay, if player use chlorine tablets to clear water bottle/canteen may be add some UI icon for this status?

I like this update a lot; some nice unexpected features as well as some long awaited ones.

I would like to suggest that thunders and lightnings would be a very nice addition to the game: in ARMA 3 lightnings look very cool, even better at night, and thunders add lots of inmersion.

Thank you and keep up the good work!

1 hour ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

the reason you get wet is because your pants are wet and head and other stuff

Def, if you have nothing on your head you will get damp, wet, soaked ... 
Quickest way to dry is build a fire from sticks in the shelter of a tree, strip and drop ALL your clothing on the ground (not on the fire!)  keep putting sticks on the fire until YOU are DRY, put on all your gear - your gear is dry too as soon as your body is dry.
Or go upstairs in a house (to be safe) drop all your clothes - run with your head facing into a corner non-stop until you are dry. Your gear will be dry too. 

If someone catches you butt-naked and acting strange:  you have a new problem.

xxp

• Haha 3
  • Beans 1

3 hours ago, pr9inichek said:

@ImpulZ 

Okay, if player use chlorine tablets to clear water bottle/canteen may be add some UI icon for this status?

Not sure I agree with that. It makes it more interesting if you forget. Plus anyone who loots bottles off you, shouldn’t know that the water is safe.

• Beans 3

9 hours ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

it's not bugged it's literally a feature... it is supposed to work like that... How else will you do the commands for Drinking from it and emptying it?

Here is two examples that are more intuitive then looking straight down on the ground.

Use the scroll wheel to change option from drinking to pouring it out.
Tap versus hold the mouse button to do the two options.

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

12 hours ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

my guess is that they will make a weather update some time where they will make all kinds of weathers and fix the raincoat and things
and also i think that raincoat does work and the reason you get wet is because your pants are wet and head and other stuff... i never used raincoats so idk if it's actually broken or just you don't know how it works... if you know what i mean

Raincoats are indeed broken, they get drenched as quickly as any other piece of clothing, so my guess is the old absorption stat from alpha is either not used anymore or simply broken. Raincoats should not get drenched themselves, and they should at least offer some protection to slow down the rate at which the rest of you get wet. I haven't tested if wellies will keep your feet dry when running through water, and I haven't used fireman's clothes since 0.62 so I dunno if they're as broken as rain coats. And then there's the fact you will get warm and dry in a few minutes just by getting indoors - you don't even need to light a fire -  so there is little reason to actually care about the rain.

Also, most rain coats come with hoods to keep your head dry, and this is a piece of clothing I'd love to see around fishing boats:

35833873-origpic-004ebf.jpg

Weather and its effects on the player still require some work before it becomes a serious element of the game. As another user mentioned, we will probably see an update that expands on all the systems connected to weather. Perhaps we see it in a succession of a few patches. That we can wrung out pants is a first small step. What is still needed:

- being able to wring out other clothing 

- Fix the weather system so there will be actual storms (heavy rain and thunder)

- Tweak the temperature system accordingly 

- make some clothes rain resistant (raincoat)

- tweak and further develop diseases such as the common cold and influenza, which are acquired by being cold and wet

• Like 1

14 hours ago, pilgrim* said:

If someone catches you butt-naked and acting strange:  you have a new problem.

Why? Just another day in Chernarus.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, lordboogzor said:

Before adding this can you please fix the bugged empty bottle mechanic?

Only way to empty a bottle now is to look straight down in the ground.

This is intended.

14 hours ago, pr9inichek said:

@ImpulZ 

There are no plans for a status for dirty or clean water, as it would ruin the surprise or risk that players have to take when drinking. We do have icons to separate between water and gasoline, but that is mostly because they activate different functions, and you would obviously smell/taste the difference immediately.

4 hours ago, Derleth said:

Raincoats are indeed broken

You might want to test those again, but yeah, there might still be some items where their water-resistance is not configured properly yet.

• Like 3
  • Beans 1

1 hour ago, ImpulZ said:

You might want to test those again, but yeah, there might still be some items where their water-resistance is not configured properly yet.

Thanks @ImpulZ for the heads up. I have not used raincoats the last few patches since they offered no protection while having small pockets (and there has been no mention of a fix in any patch notes). I'll give it a go next time I find one.

I know for a fact that tents do not protect from rain in 1.04 (I have not found a tent on my exp characters), at least the large green military and blue civilian ones don't.

A couple of other things:

• Is heavy rain and thunderstorms currently in the game? I haven't seen heavy rain in months.
  • "Ghost rain" is still a thing, where you get wet and can hear the sound of rain several minutes before the visual weather actually changes to show it.
  • Speaking of wetness, is the rapid drying without heat source when indoors intended? If so, do you have any plans to adjust this? I haven't bothered making fires for a while, because you're usually dry and warm before you've finished setting up the fireplace and ignited the fire...
Edited by Derleth

@ImpulZ Please, Any news in this patch or progress for this issue ...

Spoiler

Edited by lex__1
  • Beans 3

16 hours ago, Kathosky said:

I like this update a lot; some nice unexpected features as well as some long awaited ones.

I would like to suggest that thunders and lightnings would be a very nice addition to the game: in ARMA 3 lightnings look very cool, even better at night, and thunders add lots of inmersion.

Thank you and keep up the good work!

Thunder and lightning is in the game. It's just that most servers don't set their weather so extreme to cause it because the screwed up mechanics of DayZ cause your temperature to turn blue so fast if you're in the pouring rain, it's not worth setting it up for that extreme weather.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BetterDeadThanZed said:

Thunder and lightning is in the game. It's just that most servers don't set their weather so extreme to cause it because the screwed up mechanics of DayZ cause your temperature to turn blue so fast if you're in the pouring rain, it's not worth setting it up for that extreme weather.

Where do you customise weather? In my naivete I assumed default settings would include all weather types so I haven't even bothered to find out how to configure the weather...

6 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

This is intended.

Why not use an option like this to empty a bottle?

Looking straight down in to the ground is not logical or intuitive.

9 minutes ago, lordboogzor said:

Why not use an option like this to empty a bottle?

Looking straight down in to the ground is not logical or intuitive

From what universe you came from where that isn't logical... It's logical in all other universes except yours wtf bro? 

On 8/22/2019 at 5:02 PM, NoPOW said:
  • (Un)equipping the Combat Knife has wrong sounds. (Has magazine sounds.)

This bug happens to me when the knife is stored in a sheath or boots.

Also, the cars consume too much fuel now. Can't drive anywhere without planning a stop at the nearest gas station.

Edited by Tarkules
  • Haha 1

GUYS!! I THINK I FIGURED OUT WHAT'S GONNA BE THE NEW MAP FOR DAYZ's DLC!! It's GOING TO BE TAVIANA!!! I just figured it out...DayZ Devs said DLC is gonna be a new map... and what other map then Taviana? 😄 on DayZ SA Launcher there is a Test server and you can find it by selecting Taviana map in the Filter section It's been like that for long time and since DLC is coming later this year... probably a month or three i guess it's gonna be finished for the DLC.. That's my theory 😄 Plus... It would be hard to sell the DLC if it was really a new map that nobody knows... how about good old Taviana remastered in Enfusion? Now that's how Bohemia will sell the DLC to the masses... Think about it 🙂 

• Confused 1

I hope Not!

Don't like the original ArmA2 Taviana.

I wanted the new ArmA3 Contact-DLC map with Poland flair kurwa

• Beans 1

13 hours ago, Derleth said:

Where do you customise weather? In my naivete I assumed default settings would include all weather types so I haven't even bothered to find out how to configure the weather...

In your init.c file. In void main() before the closing } you put something like this:

Weather weather = g_Game.GetWeather();

weather.GetOvercast().SetLimits(0.0, 1.0);
    weather.GetRain().SetLimits(0.0, 1.0);
    weather.GetFog().SetLimits(0.0, 0.40);

weather.GetOvercast().SetForecastChangeLimits(0.0, 0.4);
    weather.GetRain().SetForecastChangeLimits(0.0, 0.3);
    weather.GetFog().SetForecastChangeLimits(0.15, 0.40);

weather.GetOvercast().SetForecastTimeLimits(900, 1800);
    weather.GetRain().SetForecastTimeLimits(300, 600);
    weather.GetFog().SetForecastTimeLimits(900, 1800);

weather.GetOvercast().Set(Math.RandomFloatInclusive(0.0, 0.5), 0, 0);
    weather.GetRain().Set(Math.RandomFloatInclusive(0.0, 0.4), 0, 0);
    weather.GetFog().Set(Math.RandomFloatInclusive(0.0, 0.3), 0, 0);

weather.SetWindMaximumSpeed(20);
    weather.SetWindFunctionParams(0.1, 0.4, 50);

Setting the rain to max allows thunder and lightning with pouring rain.

• Beans 1

2 hours ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

GUYS!! I THINK I FIGURED OUT WHAT'S GONNA BE THE NEW MAP FOR DAYZ's DLC!! It's GOING TO BE TAVIANA!!! I just figured it out...DayZ Devs said DLC is gonna be a new map... and what other map then Taviana? 😄 on DayZ SA Launcher there is a Test server and you can find it by selecting Taviana map in the Filter section It's been like that for long time and since DLC is coming later this year... probably a month or three i guess it's gonna be finished for the DLC.. That's my theory 😄 Plus... It would be hard to sell the DLC if it was really a new map that nobody knows... how about good old Taviana remastered in Enfusion? Now that's how Bohemia will sell the DLC to the masses... Think about it 🙂 

LOL! NOPE!

Taviana's author will never let anyone have that map.

4 hours ago, BetterDeadThanZed said:

Setting the rain to max allows thunder and lightning with pouring rain

I never messed with the files so I might be wrong, but with the offline mode the 'overcast" setting makes the thunder appear when near 100.

On 8/22/2019 at 8:51 PM, futsel said:

Alright.

Well, the Spawned Canteens with water in them really do give you cholera.

However, it might be uncurable.

I definitely got the infection from a spawned canteen. I did not engage in any combat, take any hits or eaten anything. It was definitely a canteen. And I've popped the tetracycline pill as soon as I got the infection indicator.

And just as its duration finished: another one. And then another one. One pack of tetracycline later I am still suffering from cholera.

Hey, at least the water drain is faster & the drain indicator accurate.

There is a bug with water bottles always giving you cholera: https://feedback.bistudio.com/T143869

Perhaps it also affects canteens? Either way, it may be linked to your ‘incurable’ condition.

17 hours ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

From what universe you came from where that isn't logical... It's logical in all other universes except yours wtf bro? 

How is it logical to look straight down before you can empty a bottle? Explain that.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, lordboogzor said:

How is it logical to look straight down before you can empty a bottle? Explain that.

Idk about you but it is logical for 99% of players... 

In real life if you're emptying a bottle you look down... Like you don't need to look down where you're pouring out but everyone still do it's impossible that anyone poured the bottle without looking down at it... Plus what you want on how will pouring out bottle is complicated... Ask anyone... 

• Confused 1