ImpulZ

Xbox Launch Update 1.01

Dear Survivors! Just now we have released the Xbox Launch Update 1.01, marking our departure from the Xbox Game Preview. It is the first in a series of free platform updates that are going to be released throughout the year, to further improve the DayZ experience. The 1.01 update brings two new firearms, important fixes and performance optimisations, as well as a general overhaul to the controls scheme.

New Firearms

With each Platform Update, we're aiming to expand the variety of content available in the game. Our choice for 1.01 were two classic 7.62x39 rifles: the SK 59/66 and the CR-527, also supported by the introduction of the Hunting Scope!

SK 59/66

A ten-shot semi-automatic rifle fed from an internal magazine. It is an older model, but still reliable, using 7.62x39mm rounds. Can be equipped with a PU scope and an improvised suppressor.

KS.png

CR-527

A bolt-action hunting rifle, fed from a detachable magazine. It's light-weight and accurate when used at intermediate ranges. Uses 7.62x39mm rounds. Can be equipped with a Hunting Scope and an improvised suppressor.

CR-527.png

Persistence Fixes

Undesirable persistence wipes were definitely among the most annoying issues reported in the previous patch. With 1.01, we're introducing a system of Persistence Backups that aims meant to prevent problems with saving of the persistence data on the servers.

Performance Optimizations

Good server performance is critical to ensure an enjoyable DayZ gameplay experience. In 1.01, our programmers have made some solid progress on that front. Official servers running at full capacity with 60 concurrent players should no longer be witnessing flying cars and other shenanigans on a regular basis.

We also made definite improvements when it comes to client-side performance (FPS) during several stages of the game.

New status indicators & damage tweaks

As a first step towards balancing the health and damage systems, we've added new icon status indicators that better communicate bleeding damage and the effect of medication (for example, the vitamins will now boost your immune system). 

We've also made some adjustments to the player damage, with the most visible example being the reintroduction of a bleeding damage penalty when walking barefoot. Furthermore, we removed the chance variable for bleeding damage dealt by bullets. Now, every bullet scratch causes bleeding 100 percent of the time.

Improved Controls Scheme

We have reworked the controls scheme to fit the multitude of actions possible in DayZ to the controller. That includes the new mechanics leaning and hold breath:

• press RB/LB when you are in a raised stance with a firearm, to lean around corners
  • if you are in a raised stance with fists (or melee), press RB and LB to execute a dodge move
  • hold Left Stick when in iron sight to hold your breath and aim more precisely

NEBtRsTx2cerb4jdlT8S.jpg

50+ other changes and tweaks

In addition to the highlights, we've introduced over 50 other changes and tweaks that make DayZ a better game. Read the full changelog below!

If you have questions, refer to our Xbox Launch FAQ.

CHANGELOG

ADDED

• Added: SK 59/66
  • Added: CR-527
  • Added: Hunting Scope
  • Added: Recovery backups to deal with data corruption during crashes
  • Added: New stream from Kozlovka to Balota
  • Added: Over time self-closing of bleeding wounds
  • Added: Script versioning to prevent future data incompatibilities
  • Added: Support for bullet shells dropping, and new sounds
  • Added: New audio controller for positional sounds, allowing us procedural control number or sound sources on models (Used to reduce number of bird sounds on trees.)
  • Added: Tree stem creak sounds
  • Added: Sounds when dropping items
  • Added: Implemented EQ filter for unconscious state
  • Added: Sound position offset feature to config
  • Added: New sounds for bullet shells dropping
  • Added: Antibiotics can fight diseases
  • Added: Vitamins can boost player's immune system
  • Added: Long torch (made of a long stick and rags)
  • Added: Various severities of bleeding
  • Added: Bleeding from bare feet
  • Added: Status indicators for bleeding and active medicament
  • Added: Masks and headgear provide some level of biological protection
  • Added: Close/open compass animations
  • Added: Voice effects for mumbling when gagged
  • Added: WeaponLength parameter to weapons for precise weapon lifting
  • Added: Visual representation for packing tents
  • Added: Speech Restriction: Rags: VOIP filter/mute
  • Added: Inventory categories icons
  • Added: Pills badge icon now shows when antibiotics are in effect
  • Added: Bleeding badge icon now shows when character has bleeding sources
  • Added: Xbox Achievements

FIXED

• Fixed: A server crash when a character with a corrupt inventory tries to connect
  • Fixed: A server crash when a server with a garden plot on it was restarted
  • Fixed: A server crash related to script array manipulation crashes
  • Fixed: A client crash related to script array manipulation
  • Fixed: A client crash related to a light being removed while still in use
  • Fixed: Multitude of environmental issues (missing collisions, sudden LOD changes, hit materials, models adjustments) - as reported in Ticket T136380
  • Fixed: Typos in localization
  • Fixed: Possibility to toggle headlights when both are missing or destructed
  • Fixed: Some actions on target have incomplete action messages
  • Fixed: Crafting improvised suppressor took only 1% from the duct tape
  • Fixed: Landmine not detonating when it becomes ruined while it is armed
  • Fixed: Various IK poses (Stone, Medium Tent, BK-18)
  • Fixed: Chemlights glowing in cargo for 10 seconds
  • Fixed: Animals have no collisions with vehicles
  • Fixed: Shooting through a ruined suppressor did not emit muzzle flash
  • Fixed: Fireplace does not upgrade to stone circle if smaller stacks of stone are used
  • Fixed: Wolves attack animals rather then humans
  • Fixed: Sound sources on trees move with entity during cut down tree action
  • Fixed: SG5-K with compensator uses regular gun shots sounds (used sounds for silencer)
  • Fixed: Sea chest can be put into another sea chest - T135962
  • Fixed: When preforming suicide headgear does not get damaged
  • Fixed: Player's ankles can disappear while wearing Orel police pants
  • Fixed: Bullets are not registered after the weapon was raised close to the wall - as reported in Ticket T136559
  • Fixed: AIs get stuck near obstacles (reduced chance of occurrence)
  • Fixed: Motorbike helmet visually disappears after few steps
  • Fixed: Player gear is teleported to exact place where he logged in after being skinned and quartered - as reported in Ticket T136367
  • Fixed: Icons representing ammo are small - as reported in Ticket T136555
  • Fixed: Tactical googles have no texture - as reported in Ticket T135082
  • Fixed: AI walking through ground pipes
  • Fixed: Server crash - as reported in Ticket T134543 + T136323 + T135501
  • Fixed: Server crash when HTTP request does  not return OK
  • Fixed: Player might not be killed when shot with 12ga pellet
  • Fixed: Wooden logs get duplicated when building base of Fence and WatchTower
  • Fixed: ADA 4x4 won't stop after driver jumps out of it
  • Fixed: Some clothes cannot be damaged on ground
  • Fixed: Removing the rag from the mouth, make the rag slots smaller
  • Fixed: Temperature measurement has a question mark in the result text
  • Fixed: Players are able to access dismantle action on towers from the outside - as reported in Ticket T136666
  • Fixed: Bullets do not interfere with the player's body when fired through sea water
  • Fixed: Inventory - First container stays highlighted
  • Fixed: Inventory - Closing container breaks scrolling
  • Fixed: Inventory - Impossible to scroll down if inventory is full
  • Fixed: Inventory - Button tooltips when switching between containers and inventory parts
  • Fixed: Inventory - Grey containers - far right icons are cut off
  • Fixed: Inventory - Split action(Y) is missing toolbar info
  • Fixed: Inventory - Vicinity - Small arrow for collapsing container in lower right corner of the container is missing
  • Fixed: Inventory - Item Equipped In Hands Disappears When Making Surrender Gesture
  • Fixed: Inventory - Item will retain containers capacity
  • Fixed: Inventory - Micromanaging doesn't work when using LT/RT and putting item to upper container
  • Fixed: Inventory - Missing (B) combine action in toolbar
  • Fixed: Inventory - Tooltips are missing in infected inventory
  • Fixed: Inventory - UI: Barrel_<color> inventory displacement
  • Fixed: Inventory - VICINITY and HANDS does not display slot size
  • Fixed: Inventory - Watchtower's inventory is too long and difficult to scroll
  • Fixed: Inventory - Weapon attachments: wrong inventory tooltip
  • Fixed: Menu - Option hints not showing
  • Fixed: Menu - Tutorial screen is missing button legend
  • Fixed: Menu - Xbox Player list - improved graphic design
  • Fixed: Menu - Respawn button gets skipped after dying.
  • Fixed: Menu - Translation - IT: Controls>Menu>"Press to sellect a gesture" and "Press to cancel a sellection" are not translated
  • Fixed: Menu - Server Browser - After filter change, the message asking you to refresh the server list, does not fit it's designated area
  • Fixed: Radial Menu - Red background for selected item
  • Fixed: RadialMenu for gestures - Subcategories are not available
  • Fixed: Environment - Land_Construction_House1 ladder widget missing
  • Fixed: Items - CarBattery attached to Zenit Broadcaster becomes invisible after reconnect
  • Fixed: Player can't switch between user actions in car
  • Fixed: Ladder exit state, transition from swimming to ladder
  • Fixed: Driving over character might not kill them
  • Fixed: Player gets hit by a vehicle when standing close to it with engine turned on
  • Fixed: Player can get ejected to air while standing close to a car
  • Fixed: Logging off next to open barrel will make the close action unavailable
  • Fixed: Inventory: Collapse containers worked on player container even if not focused
  • Fixed: Weapons: Unjamming SKS breaks the weapons functionality
  • Fixed: Weapons: Bullets are not registered after the weapon was being raised close to the wall
  • Fixed: Weapons: Fire mode can't be seen, probably misaligned out of weapon box
  • Fixed: Inventory: Player cannot swap entities with full inventory
  • Fixed: Inventory: Storage capacity isn't shown anywhere
  • Fixed: Inventory: Player is not able to loot dead players
  • Fixed: Menu localisation for ITA/GER/RUS
  • Fixed: Switching from YouTube to DayZ crashes the whole console
  • Fixed: Can't reload with full inventory
  • Fixed: VoIP mute does not mute other players
  • Fixed: Achievements: Title unlocks the achievement Geared (Equipped a firearm, a melee weapon and a backpack) before the criteria have been met
  • Fixed: The title does not allow the user to join a Server after resuming from connected standby

TWEAKED

• Tweaked: Improvements in the visuals and performance of inventory code, including:
    • addition of hierarchical attachment visualisation,
    • hiding unused attachment categories (greatly uncluttered the Watchtower for example),
    • inclusion of dedicated icons for these categories and overall bugfixes.)
  • Tweaked: Improvements to server performance (central economy, networking and AI)
  • Tweaked: Weapon muzzle attachments now steam during rain while they are hot
  • Tweaked: Weapons animations polishing (animations speed, clipping)
  • Tweaked: Sounds for climbing ladders
  • Tweaked: Sounds for take item in hand action
  • Tweaked: Projectile speed and air friction
  • Tweaked: Rebalanced projectile damage
  • Tweaked: Rebalanced character damage system
  • Tweaked: Rebalanced armor against projectiles
  • Tweaked: Shock damage for projectiles (chance to fall into unconsciousness increased)
  • Removed: Chances for bleeding wounds from projectiles hit
  • Removed: Flickering effect (roadflare)
  • Tweaked: Antibiotics and vitamins only support single use consume action
  • Tweaked: Traps no longer function as melee weapons
  • Tweaked: Hen spawn zone reworked to better fit environment (should not spawn inside industrial and other unnatural areas)
  • Tweaked: Many improvements, tweaks and fixes for ChernarusPlus terrain
  • Tweaked: Improvements to server performance (central economy, remote projectiles are not real)
  • Tweaked: Damage to bare foot for non-roadway surfaces
  • Tweaked: Infected damage system
  • Tweaked: Recoil (KA-M, BK-18, M4-A1,Mosin 91/30 and VSD)
  • Removed: Chance to spawn SG5-K with 15Rnd magazine
  • Updated: Inventory icons (placeholder icons replaced)
  • Tweaked: IK pose for long torch
  • Tweaked: Rangefinder zoom set to 4x
  • Updated: Credits
  • Tweaked: GUI - Main Menu, Server Browser, Options
  • Tweaked: Main menu clouds
  • Tweaked: Inventory: Added header above hands
  • Tweaked: Inventory: Set fixed position for the tooltip
  • Tweaked: Improved readability of dialog menus
  • Tweaked: Added pills icon to hud badge display
  • Removed: All News Feeds
  • Tweaked: Inventory: Removed close icons and renders from Xbox headers
  • Like 1

Dam it seem like you done alot of good work guys well done but let see if it shows it in game 

I ain't gonna lie. Besides no fix for duping, i'm impressed with what I just read. And i'm sure there's a bunch more that's not listed. Still, gg, BI.

I'm at 16% fml

Edited by Man Parts 241
Leaning should be LS and RS. Controller scheme still needs work. Just saying.

Really looking forward to see if night time is not 10 minutes longer anymore.

That's a hell of a god job, congratulations.

How on f%/$# earth is possible for you guys to NOT implement a good controller layout???!! 

Lean with rb/lb? Scope on right d-pad?? R3?? 

FFS, is it that hard to try other games in both 3rd and 1st person to understand what works best? 

We play on a controller with muscle memory, why screw it up? 

Here.. Let me do it for you:

RT = fire

LT = aim

RB = free look

LB = fire selector

LS press = sprint

RS press = hold breath

Y = take to hands ( when in game world)

X = reload

A = jump

B = crouch/ prone

LT + LS press = lean left

LT + RS press = lean right

And from there they could add combined buttons, menu buttons etc

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I suddenly switched my shoulder camera to the left by accident, how do i fix ?

12 minutes ago, MarczXD320 said:

I suddenly switched my shoulder camera to the left by accident, how do i fix ?

Maybe hold right thumbstick

I'm just curious if we will ever be getting Mouse and keyboard  support. It was advertised when xbox launched there M&K bs but i havent seen anything on it as of yet. 

• Thanks 1

No offense but the new controller layout made the game unplayable, I gave up after 10 minutes of fooling around trying to get it to feel natural with the elite conroller. No can do.

- Zooming shouldn't be TOGGLE, LEANING should've been toggle, how on earth can you shoot while leaning to the right? And the awkwardness of leaning left and shooting? You devs are facing a proper shit storm because of these changes. Maybe listen to our suggestions, the people who knows how to put a steak on a stick ffs. 

- You can't zoom while freelooking first. NICE ONE!!

- Swapping X/Y, you kidding me right? After all these months we've gotten used to it.

- Can't equip 1st item in your quickwheel with Y...

- While prone and in inventory the character rolls with bumbers

- Taking an item to hand from inventory moves your 'cursor' to your hands, when before it stayed where you took out the item

- You can not equip an item from the ground it needs to be put in your inventory first

Quickwheel didn't need to be changed it's not like you can move anyway when accessing the menu so maybe you should've leave the ADS on RB instead!

------------------------------------

LEANING = LT + LS/RS (click) - Make it toggle!

LS (click) = Hold Breath while in scope

LT + RB = Iron sight
LT + LB = Scope

LB = Zoom
RB = Freelook

X and Y - As they were!

Quickwheel back to where it was. There you go, no need to thank me! Free of charge!

Edited by nikoor
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was getting really fearful for the development of DayZ earlier this year, so I had decided to just not play the game until its release. I will admit that I even joined in on the DayZ hate bandwagon at times, as people do when they feel their voice is insignificant. I can't apologize for the Xbox Community as a whole, but I can apologize for myself. I'm sorry that as a self proclaimed DayZ fan, I let my impatience get the better of me and discontinued my faith and support of DayZ's development. Even when I kept up with the occasional update, I was trepid of it's proposed release date on Xbox, since we saw what PC got on their release. But I realized that you guys at Bohemia are probably used to such fickle fanbases and I thank you for continuing DayZ development to bring us this release on Xbox. I think its safe to say that even your harshest, most ignorant, hate spewing critics were waiting for this release like all the rest of us; because the promise of your game is just that good. If DayZ can have just an inkling of the performance stability you guys speak of, then it would already be better than 75% of games on the Xbox Market. I have never played a game like DayZ in terms of role-playing survivability, and you'll be surprised how much a diverse game like DayZ is needed on the Xbox Market. But now I'm rambling and getting off topic which is TLDR; Sorry for being a hater Bohemia, and thank you for the release update of DayZ.

P.S. I also understand the need to make a game different in terms of controller mechanics, but I mirror other peoples' concerns on the proposed controller scheme. Some of those button mappings still really don't make the best gaming sense, and they feel almost as if they're just forced differences to branch away from games like PubG. Again, I understand that but sometimes the tried and trued methods work best and don't really need to be changed up.. 

EX. Leaning on sticks instead of bumpers. And Im not sure what "press to use scope" means, but off the top of my head, it doesn't really sound like something that would feel comfortable on the R D-Pad

• Like 1
  • Beans 2

Maybe I missed it, but I did not see anything regarding fixes or tweaks for the bleed through issues with headgear and face masks? The last time that I played anytime you would equip a face mask parts of my characters face would bleed through the mask and hair was bleeding though hats. If you tried to equip a hat and a face mask it was horrible looking.  I really hope this was fixed for a full launch.

Can we please get server locks what is point to put up walls when they can just spawn into it plus combat logger's. Please just server lock it.

Controller lay out is garbage, Xbox player should be able to vote best lay out idea or concepts. Way to clunky same with inventory.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Xix Mosin said:

are keybored compatible now or nah 

Shouldn’t you be playing pc if it’s more comfortable for you? In my idea that’s the whole point of console is to use a controller .

• Like 1

I had very little issues with the new controller layout after a while. I don’t particularly like it but with practise I’m sure it will be fine. Bits that need looking at though:

binos didnt work

rolling when lying down trying to move to inventory

no zoom change when lying down 

no locked servers

being unable to talk in game whilst in a party - I know this wasn’t and isn’t part of a plan but to make it compatible to PC is integral - I have a few thousand hours on PC version and this is really important to reducing KoS gaming

unable to come out of inventory unless in hand selected 

New bugs from items that used to work

*Canned tuna can not be opened 

*Binoculars does not work at all, atleast not on 1st person server, don’t know if its different on 3rd person servers. Press to look through but the character just hold up the binoculars. 

*pso-1 scope can not be "turned off", before entering scope i had the iron sight underneath, hit the scope button and can not switch back. 

*Controller scheme... crap. 

Edited by bent.toe

Oh yeah... First spawn i had on new patch was in Berezino, guess what.. Fps drop and stutter like crazy. Lol... All good and well eeh?? 

• Like 2

YOU DIDNT FIX THE MEATBALLING

ARE YOU HAVING A GOD DAMN LAUGH?!!?

THIS SHOULD BE PRIORITY NUMBER ONE ON THE LIST?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?

• Thanks 1

Still on improvements in lag first time I've actually not enjoyed playing getting chased by zombies than buildings going invisible and crashing👎

• Like 1

Enjoying a lot of the additions, great work by the team. There's a few issues iv'e spotted already, Emptying one continer into another now means two extra button pushes to switch back to original container, down them X, can be frustrating moving items from one bag to another when there's multiple items, small issues. Not a big fan of having Zoom and free look bound to same button, now i have to zoom in then free look around for a clearer look at my surroundings when on the move. doesn't feel as fluid but im sure for all standard controller users this is still an upgrade from previous key binding. Also the FPS, rendering & sound simulation issues in large coastal towns is still very poor, in fact im getting an increase in situations where i totally desync, cannot open doors or even aggro zombies & drop to almost zero FPS. Anyone else having this issue? A few northern towns felt smoother like Sevrograd but Electro and Chernogorsk were still pretty unplayeable fro me on a OG Xbox one. great fix to not being able to micromanage up & down in inventory, plus being able to minimise containers and scroll past them is a great fix. Not sure how i feel about the removal of Y for quickly drawing items in the top slot of the quick wheel, but i assume this will be alleviated by the 1.02 update where moving whilst in inventory and quick wheel will be implemented? Some fun additions & good fix and QoL changes but the server performance and game optimisation is still lacking, i'd hoped for a significant improvement in larger cities but guess ill still be hanging around in the middle of nowhere to maintain frames & a low blood pressure lol

So you cant freelook and zoom in while sprinting what the actual hell! Do developers even playtest the game on xbox? Its a actually a joke theyve put in all this work, fixed so much and they cant design a control scheme that would work 

• Like 1