Baty Alquawen

Exp Update 0.61.137826

Hello guys,

We are pushing out new experimental update 0.61.137826.

This time we focused on vehicles - attempt to fix the most common server crash related to vehicles versus AI's.

We're still working on improving server performance, which when poor can cause the following issues:

• Infected reaction speed may be reduced
  • Infected can push characters through/into model geometry causing movement issues (unable to move in a given direction)
  • Collision/Navigation in some complex structures can push your character around
  • Issues with door states can occur
  • Damage being delayed

Have a nice weekend!

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Baty Alquawen said:

Hello guys,

This time we focused on vehicles - attempt to fix the most common server crash related to vehicles versus AI's.

We're still working on improving server performance, which when poor can cause the following issues:

• Infected can push characters through/into model geometry causing movement issues (unable to move in a given direction)
  • Collision/Navigation in some complex structures can push your character around
  • Damage being delayed

Have a nice weekend!

Awesome news! Have a nice weekend yourself!

12 minutes ago, DerCarter said:

What's about this bug that turn your head black? 

Probably not a priority right now (And is reasonable)

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Asmondian said:

Probably not a priority right now (And is reasonable)

Makes me look like a Ringwraith, so I kinda like that bug :D

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Gobbokirk said:

Makes me look like a Ringwraith, so I kinda like that bug :D

One bug to rule them all? one bug to find them (in the fog)? xP

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Asmondian said:

One bug to rule them all? one bug to find them (in the fog)? xP

Yeah something like that :D

• Like 1

Just drove with a V3S from the SW military base to the NW Airfield. Started with ~90fps. Everything in third-person. First Citys were no problem around Dichina/Vybor the Frames dropped to 30-40, most of the time when i looked behind me. On the airfield it went down to 15. Saw another bus driving around on the Airfield too, but just the outer-model and not every detail or persons inside (couldn't get closer than 40-50 meters). Sometimes I checked the first person view and I got like 80 fps still, but only if I looked to the front. On the side or back it also went down to 15.

After a while i got out of the truck and ran a bit around, fired some shots etc. Steam-FPS told me i got 80-90 fps (in Lopatino), but I got every 2-3 seconds a 0.5seconds freeze.

Everything tested on the x64 Client (no crash! :) )

Edited by Havrin
  • Like 1

uuum this is a weird glitch i haven't seen before but i just got on dayz and my mouse is invisible.... i can't play until i fix this because if i need to bandage or something i can't see my mouse so i can't find my rags. i'm going to try to restart my pc but this is awkward 

EDIT----------

it fixed itself when i restarted my whole pc. i just shut it off for a few minutes and then turned it back on

Edited by SEKE Leader
update

3 hours ago, Baty Alquawen said:

Hello guys,

• Damage being delayed

Have a nice weekend!

Thank you Dev's for all your hard work, @Hicks_206 (DayZ) Keep the whip crack'in but make sure you feed them Cheetos and beer!!! :)

@Baty Alquawen Keep them all in line, they might start to stray off...

2 hours ago, baggypantz said:

Killed a infected,then the soul off it attacked me. Also made me slide when hitting me. https://imgur.com/a/IWuBq

So infected can still be invisible.

That the bug is not fixed is confirmed, I already made a ticket on the bugtracker with video evidence.

Played another session on DE1. No client or server crash happened. So that's really good. Sometimes the hand slot was out of sync and I got the "cancel action" while I was doing nothing. But after some time everything was back to normal again. I looted Novo and found a crashed Car. Somebody managed to hit the only obstacle on the road and ruined two tires :-D

4RTdsiU.jpg

When I was just leaving Novo a V3S drove along the road from the north and stopped by the barns and the piano house. I was hiding in a tree next to the road and watched the group a bit. Since all looked pretty much like fresh spawns I decided to go to the v3s and talk to them. I started talking to the guys still sitting in the V3S when I noticed one guy hiding behind a wall and pulling out his pistol and started aiming at me. I had already figured out that it was a group of Germans so I said him that I'm friendly and that he can put his gun away. He came up to me (without putting the pistol away) and asked me something about the V3S and I said I saw them driving by and he said "then somebody from our group has unfinished business with you" and started laughing crazy. I tried to explained that this cannot be the case but he did not reply any more so I decided to leave them. They pulled aggro from some infected so it was easy to get away unnoticed. Given the gear they had it would have been so easy to wipe out the group and they start talking bs. Well whatever. I saw that they climbed back on the V3S and continue south.

While looting Stary I hear many shoots going of in novo so I loop back to the hill north east of novo. While I was running back I started to hear engine sounds again but did not spot any vehicles. When I had an overwatch position something really strange happened. I saw a bus without wheels racing towards the hill I was standing on. It was only visible for a second and then he was hidden behind trees - it was maybe 300m from my position so I ran to the location. But the bus was gone. I have no idea where it could have went because the hill has many trees and is very steep and I was watching the road all the time. No idea what I saw there. I searched for the bus but it was simply gone.

xRsYgTP.jpg

• Like 5

Had a quick session last night on 0.61.137813. Drove around in v3s with somewhat good fps (60-70) at beginning in 3pp. But the fps after some time start dropping as low as 12-15 fps. If you play in 1pp fps keeps good. Did a barrel roll with V3S (intended) and went through the ground (not intended) lol sorry it is soo dark.

Maybe invisible infected is due to client and server desynch/discrepancy as to where the infected/infected hitbox was when you shot it.

On the client you killed the infected so the body drops but the server thinks you merely wounded or aggro'd the infected so the invisible representative of the infected is being tracked by the server chasing you.

The client has the hitbox on the ground so the invisible infected is effectively a ghost and you must attack the corps to silence it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A few more snaps from today, Luc and Hell in a Hesco structure this afternoon.

3WBwPg0.jpg

Running with Hell this evening....

y4RD0c4.jpg

S1k68DE.jpg

0xB8Str.jpg

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣
  • Like 1

The DE server gets even more brutal! Got killed after spawn at Kamenka!

Cars feel realy good. Chased a guy on the coast. Realy funny and good frames while surrounding a punch of Zeds and other players. Finaly i drove over him, but died while looting his body.

@bingo_fuel: I met 3 players next to Berenzino on the coast which punched me uncon. I wake up and they drove over me with a VS3 that arived suddenly. Just spawned back next to the truck and i could get up the truck. They took me to the roadlock with the tents where they killed me. They talked less, so it was less funny. Too bad, i was not in the truck when they met u!

Had 2 times a mix of desync, rubberbanding and gettin pushed to one side constantly for a few seconds. But not in a car.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Thurman Merman said:

Don't think I've seen that before.

I saw these stripes too. Mostly small one! Tried to follow one untill it disapeared in the Hill at the end of the Map. Shure went the wrong direction to find his roots and had not the nerf to walk the other way too. Its geometrical SW in the same hight. Must be a Chemtrail fallen to theground, or an AlienBeamStream! 

Found this earlier:

Be aware:

• Like 3

4 hours ago, goateswyn said:

I saw these stripes too.

I've seen them a few times too. I forget exactly where I saw this one but I think it was out somewhere near Zaprudnoe and Polesovo.  I investigated the origin area but couldn't find anything odd at all.

G4Fkt4n.jpg

I first saw this above then cranked the gamma to get some more screenies.

si8kRLJ.jpg

Ra5MXi6.jpg

wJF8ia8.jpg

QwXl2E5.jpg

jBYwKEA.jpg

This last pic is from above on top of the hill.  I'm standing on it  - but it only seems visible from beneath the plane.

cDAZkbe.jpg

Screenshots are from 11 Jan 07 which is about 10 Exp patches ago, but if players are still seeing it then I suppose it's still relevant.

• Like 1

Had great issues today when drivin a damaged Lada. (Barrel-rooll of death, stuttering and freezing till gamecrash). Switched to a prestine Lada and drove only in 1st person. Everything fine (FPS). Took one full round the map without any crash and only little FPS problems in Elektro. Best ride i ever had in DayZ!!!!!!! Including "Salute-fire" while driving along the coast! :-)

Is it possible that the damaged parts of the vehicle causes the problems with cars? Anyone the same experience?

• Like 1

Today I had a short encounter with a hostile entity that I initially spotted on the SW roadblock as they drove off in a bus. Now normally I'm not one to shoot on sight in Experimental, unless it's in a Military area, but since there was only one other person on the server besides my team mates we had checked their Steam ID to see that they had a ban on their account! So in the interest of keeping cheaters out of our game I went after him. Thankfully he couldn't drive worth a damn and I was able to catch up and "do the deed" and though it went down as most 1v1 gun battles go I noticed that my frame rate dropped significantly when I first got close to the perpetrator, it went from 70fps to 53fps and then when I fired it went down as low as 45fps. Since I recall there was a fix for this done recently I guess it's either not working 100% right or there was some other factor involved.

Here's the video evidence; can anyone link me to the bug tracker in which this fps issue was reported?

Since this could be a potential hardware issue with my system here's my PC specs:

Intel i7 4790k 4.0 GHz

Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD3H motherboard

Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 16GB Kit 8GBx2 DDR3 1600 MT/s PC3-12800

EVGA GeForce GTX 760 Super Clocked ACX 2GB GDDR5 SLI Ready Graphics Card

• Like 3

I'm sure this is already well known as it's been around for a long time in one way or another, but the frame loss whilst driving seems to be related to the wheels: To demonstrate, watch your FPS counter whilst driving. Focus your camera towards the wheels and then cut them out of shot and you'll see what I mean.

• Like 1