Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Exp Update 0.61.135961

7 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

I ran into fellow forumer Beav, we had decent conversation and then were separated by server DC. :(

Nice to meet you Beav!

Nice to meet you too Bio.  Pity we couldn't go on a little adventure.

I wen t back into that server and hung about for a few minutes to see if you returned, but it crashed again so tried another one.

Hopefully meet you in Exp again.

• Like 3

Here to hoping the Exp servers come back online sometime this evening (EST).  I was at work while they were up earlier, almost went home "sick", just to check it out.  lol

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, antykain said:

Here to hoping the Exp servers come back online sometime this evening (EST).  I was at work while they were up earlier, almost went home "sick", just to check it out.  lol

unfortunately its highly unlikely given that was a 1-2 hour test only, they was planning on extending it until the morning but because the servers wouldnt stop crashing they just shutdown at the original time. Due to the instabilities might be a few days before we see another chance to play 

Did the dynamic spawning work? Did u feel like there was ore z'ds?

not to sure how it works but the vids if seen don't show a great increase. Might be because the servers were full and the z'ds where spread out more?

need to get dynamic hordes in that function like heli crashes

Edited by Woody188887

10 hours ago, Harold Palmer said:

My edited highlights of the experimental .61 session (27/08/16)

I lit a couple of flares and ran through an apple tree patch. It was prettier, the lighting was great and I thought the new server browser and in game menus were nice too. Overall a good experience for the short time I had. (about 15 mins)

Nice video! Btw you should've thrown the flare [G button].

8 hours ago, Woody188887 said:

Did u feel like there was ore z'ds?

I will speak for myself here .. from the short impression I got, there were some more, albeit far from a threatening number. They seem to be able to jump now and well, they act somewhat different. Cannot say how really, since I didnt really have time to explore in 5 minutes.

10 hours ago, Harold Palmer said:

My edited highlights of the experimental .61 session (27/08/16)

I lit a couple of flares and ran through an apple tree patch. It was prettier, the lighting was great and I thought the new server browser and in game menus were nice too. Overall a good experience for the short time I had. (about 15 mins)

Am I the only one or do you have like 20 fps or something. It's painful to watch. So I didn't last longer than ten seconds.

12 hours ago, BCO Games said:

Hi All, I am new to the forums, not new to the game, been playing since the early Dayz mod and jumped on Dayz SA when it first came out. Now with EXP 0.61 test I chime in to mention some things I have not yet seen on the forums since 0.61 test release. Thrown items disappear under the ground, it happens on dirt roads, asphalt and in fields. Items thrown are wheels, bark and sticks. I had an encounter with the infected - it seemed unaware of me until I punched it, i was able to punch it without being hit myself but was unable to knock it out, prolly hit it like 20 - 25 times. Eventually after not landing a blow it hit me several times, blood loss was minimal. Positional audio seems to work great, My character was behind a stone wall, I could hear another player moving from left to right inside a building, his foot steps became progressively louder as he moved towards my direction and faded as he was moving away from me. Ingame communication didn't work for me. Vaulting seemed more fluid as did moving in general.

Thanks for the feedback but there is a dedicated tool for that, here it will most likely just be forgotten.

11 hours ago, therunningmanz said:

As things are going I could be running around for hours on end almost playing DayZ in single player without knowing it. It feels like essential information to me, that when I am in a server, I can be sure there is decent number of players on that server.

If they want to go that route okay I am against it like you seem to be. Especially because the info is out there and can simply be gathered. Maybe you have a second monitor on which you have things like Dischord, Telegram, iZurvive map etc open. Just add dayzspy.com to it and you have your server population info, live.

Edit: just saw after posting that it's you Paul. So you probably already now my suggestion and have multiple monitors for I guess 110% ;) Cheers keep on doing what you do.

Edited by moeb1us

12 hours ago, therunningmanz said:

Im glad to see this. Have been somewhat concerned about the lack of info. Im a still a little worried that in the quest for "less meta" there is a danger this strays into "less interaction" for me personally. I really wanna be able to maximise my chances of playing full pop servers. I think this will potentially breed more and more elitism within servers of sorts. The pre-existing "always full 60 man" servers such as DUG EU, BWAF, UKA, GRUMPY, SOS, GENTS etc stand a far better chance of retaining their players as people are less likely to want to try something new. Not being able to see which servers were 60/50/40/30 slot etc would be a real shame and people will stick to what they know, pretty much always. This could stop new and cool server communities from growing. It could also lead to server owners spamming potentially false info in their descriptions such advertising a 60 slot server when it isnt one, if we cant see this info, we wouldnt be able to confirm it either.

What makes a server "high" if we cant see the slots? A high 30 slot server might have say, 25 people in it, I tend to try and go in servers with more people in than that always. I dont think wanting to be an a "high" 60 slot server that has the benefits of a private hive and active admins would be a bad thing. 

I kinda get the intention but Im still worried that not being able to check player pop easily and it being rather vague could hurt my enjoyment of the game. DayZ is the next level of multiplayer game to me. The sandbox freedom it offers when meeting random people from around the world is what made me keep coming back, and its what makes it entertaining for me every day now. I'm worried that as it becomes cloudier to check server pop, my interactions will reduce as I cant maximise my chances of meeting players. I play late into the night and if the private server im on starts getting low because its late, I will swap to even a new spawn if I have to, in order to stay in a full server on another hive. As things are going I could be running around for hours on end almost playing DayZ in single player without knowing it. It feels like essential information to me, that when I am in a server, I can be sure there is decent number of players on that server.

Wanted to say exactly same thing. 

Also i want to add that people will always find way to bypass stuff that they dont really like. Im pretty sure that regural Steam Server Browser would be used more by people to look for those good servers and see population etc..

Im pretty sure that You should focus more on things that would make people move to other servers. Like You were introducing dynamic loot and You were saying that some stuff will be so rare that it will spawn only on some servers that are in same hub or how u call that. Just make it happen. When You will add little bird just make body spawn on each server in hub and rest of the parts spawn only at like 20% of servers so people will need to move to find them. ( Add some decay hiden option so if part isnt really putted in chopper in like 48h it just desapear so there would not be problem with people that just want to hide them so no one get those ) Ofc You would also need to figure out how to make it clear to people what servers are at same loot hub so they would know where to join for parts and how to not make people just hop on servers when they are in high grade loot zones by like blocking spawn of those with 2km if someone left server and joined another in less then like 1h or so. Im dont even know if that is possible code wise but probably it might work.

Later on if u would add some other nice vehicles like some humvee or something that give a bit more protection while u ride it or some attachments like nice long range scopes, nv googles ( if You would make something like they did in Rust that gamma cant help i guess they just made something to colors of night so its not black/white so gamma just cant help there ) , or even some op weapons like 50cal. You could just make same thing for those and im sure people would love it because if You are fresh to game/server it should be fair easy to find some basic weapon and ammo so game is fun but if You are playing somewhere with friends for long time im sure that reward of great guns that other just cant have 10 min after spawn are something that would make this game so much better. I dont want to even talk about that feeling that all of us had when we started to play when You start gun fight with someone and You are literally shaking and sweating and lets be honest if You play even for 5k hours and You have gun that You heared only stories about You will shake and You will sweat like crazy and that is thing that make this game great :)

Edited by gaweu

14 hours ago, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

Not right now, but that is something we're actively discussing. Obviously as we support different player numbers (although officials should always be max) we'll need to allow users to see that data.

Am I missing something or is the solution really simple? Just show the player count and make it show as less than a certain amount if the player count is low. 

I'm all for hiding the actual player numbers. But I want to know what kind of server I'm looking at. Has the server a max of 60, 50, 40 or 30?

• Like 7

6 hours ago, moeb1us said:

Am I the only one or do you have like 20 fps or something. It's painful to watch. So I didn't last longer than ten seconds.

Most people can last longer than 10 seconds mate ;) No but in all seriousness yes it must have been you as at the 10 second mark I have only tabbed out of the inventory screen and said I was going to light a flare. I barely moved and nothing really happens from timecode 0-10 but don't worry I'm not a hardcore YouTuber or anything so you didn't miss much. I'm sure you can last longer on some other videos anyway. 

• Like 1

My opinion of the server population opacity, I think it is a good thing for game play. Do we know what Low/Med/High actually mean at the moment, could the ratios get tweaked?. High could be an almost full server...

The main criticism seems to be that you want to play on servers with a good chance to run into someone. I don't think you will be able to objectively notice a difference but you should at least give it a good try for a few months before jumping to a conclusion that it's not working for you.

I've not seen anyone complain that they cant go to empty servers for risk free loot yet, faith restored! ;-)

• Like 1

Did anyone else notice new ambient sounds?  I swear I heard new bird sounds.  It was just a loud bird call, like a raven maybe that occurred once during yesterdays test.  

27 minutes ago, barelyinfected said:

I'm all for hiding the actual player numbers. But I want to know what kind of server I'm looking at. Has the server a max of 60, 50, 40 or 30?

I agree with Rene. I think adding something that simply tells the server size would be a nice compromise. A quick example I put together in photoshop:

bVhM0bq.jpg

Edited by OliverPlotTwist
  • Like 5

7 hours ago, Noctoras said:

I will speak for myself here .. from the short impression I got, there were some more, albeit far from a threatening number.

It's way too early to make the claim that the numbers weren't threatening.

There is no way you could possibly have a real impression for the impact of the new numbers in just 5 minutes play time.

Your responses sometimes lack objectivity IMO, leaning unnecessarily to the negative....

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣
  • Like 2

59 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

It's way too early to make the claim that the numbers weren't threatening.

There is no way you could possibly have a real impression for the impact of the new numbers in just 5 minutes play time.

Your responses sometimes lack objectivity IMO, leaning unnecessarily to the negative....

I'd kindly ask you to google

"impression", which is by definition subjective (personal view) which is the opposite of objective.

It evades my mind how someone can come up with "lack objectivity" then. And English is not even my first language. I'll leave it at that, don't really feel like replying to pointless, personal bickering.

If you have a problem with me, that's okay, though. Can't help it.

Take care

6 minutes ago, Noctoras said:

"lack objectivity"

Because it's a trend, not an isolated instance, man. That was my central point.

As a native New Yorker my grasp of the English language is far more deep and dynamic than most average native speakers.

That said, you've focused on one word without taking the totality of the statement into account while affording yourself a small hissy fit.

Congratulations.

5 minutes of play, hardly an impression can one make... about "survivability"... in an "infinite" sandbox game; another of my points.

I think I've made myself clear, *phew*.

• Like 1

You guys think we will see "the greatness" today ? I'm so excite for that shit . Gimme gimme .61 experimental plox !

34 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Because it's a trend, not an isolated instance, man. That was my central point.

So what? I can and will write just what I think. Whether MY SUBJECTIVE impression matches YOUR SUBJECTIVE impression or not. Wasn't aware that a forum is meant to feature a single, streamlined opinion. But I'm learning. Maybe my next post will please your eyes (and maybe not).

And yes, you have made yourself clear and yet I do not see your point, since my post is not even featuring any real criticism (okay, I did actually not feel threatened by zeds. Doubt this makes for hardcore negativity). If you wanted to point something out you could sure have found a better post of mine in this regard. So I take it you wanted to vent. You did (and probably derailed the thread a little). All good.

Good evening from Europe.

Edited by Noctoras

In regard to the Infected:

I spawned in Prigorodki and made my way to the small section of town with the houses and barns.  I usually head straight inland so I'm not familiar with how may zeds are typically in that small town but in this case there were about 8 infected.  It did seem like a lot to me for a small area.  I had to sneak around to loot and still managed to aggro two of them. In my freshie state it certainly seemed like a threat to me.  Unfortunately there's just not a lot to report about the dynamic spawning, the server crashes prevented most of us from exploring outside the limited areas that we spawned in.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, barelyinfected said:

I don't know if it is good to hide playercount, because if I want to play in a team I want to now if the high population server has enough slots for our all of us. For solo play no problem but for teams it's just impractical.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arthur Dubrovka said:

I don't know if it is good to hide playercount, because if I want to play in a team I want to now if the high population server has enough slots for our all of us. For solo play no problem but for teams it's just impractical.

I'm pretty much in this boat.   Although, as long as they do keep it so it shows the Low/Med/High for the server population, and the server size like it currently shows in the Exp build.. That's fine by me.  I personally don't mind that it does not show the 'exact' number of players in the server.  

1 hour ago, Arthur Dubrovka said:

This is why I'm glad they're adding a queuing system. If you're in a squad, just click on the server at the same time and if it's full, everyone will be a similar position in the queue, and the wait should be minimal.

Edited by Kohlbar
  • Like 1