SMoss

Stable Branch - 0.60 Discussion

On 16/07/2016 at 6:40 AM, Kohlbar said:

Ok seriously can hip-fire crosshairs stop being a thing in this game? isn't that kinda the point that hip-fire is reserved for panicked spray and pray moments where you dont know exactly where you're going to hit? It's just extremely  frustrating because sometimes hip-fire is more accurate because it sort of "locks on" players when it pans over them, letting you know exactly when to shoot. Whereas with the ADS, that decision is left up to you. I'M SALTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope they remove the crosshair, at least in first person servers, there should be no crosshair in a game like Dayz.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Kohlbar said:

Being delusional? So I guess it's just normal that you can pull off a 150m instakill with a mp5 by timing when the crosshair "twitches" over the person's body. I know it'd be easy to tell at about 20-30m, but that dead center thing is exactly what i'm talking about. Look at the crosshair closely when it pans over a zombie or a person's body, it'll twitch and snap onto their body. Many players get so used to this that they know exactly when to shoot just by timing the crosshair, and it usually ends up being a heavy hit to the torso or head, not broken arm, especially if you aim it from 50+ meters away.

Ooooh so thats what you mean by twitch! I was hella confused, thought you were talking about some sort of aimlock or something. I played the game a lot and I never used that twitch for shooting, it's kinda hard to notice at the slightest distance, isn't it?

16 hours ago, -Gews- said:

It is overpowered. You can hit consistently at hundreds of meters. I made an example here:

I agree that the idea of a crosshair in general isn't necessarily bad.

However the character does not automatically "take aim", your camera position defines this. Sure, arguably no "hip fire" because his gun is usually shouldered, but his eyes aren't looking down the sights either. He's usually just pointing it.

Well, yeah.. that was dumb to say of me. It is definitely overpowered.

I just logged into the game to make sure I wasn't talking bs. As soon as you hit space, your character model looks thru the scope/irons, regardless of your perspective as a player.

Anyway I think they will make it just like Arma 3 in the end where "hipfiring" seems to simply have a lot higher dispersion, which seems to make sense. Combined with something like the current crescent that really wouldn't be too bad.

Edited by Buakaw

new exp. update....

pls...let it .61...pls

nope...seufz..only 5.1 MB

Edited by wasnu
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Wili said:

I hope they remove the crosshair, at least in first person servers, there should be no crosshair in a game like Dayz.

That would be fine if they would also fix your inability to interact with objects.  One of the private hives on which I play has diabled the crosshair/reticule. Can't tell you how many times I have spent a minute or two trying to pick something up off the top of a wardrobe because I can't get my invisible crosshair/reticule in the right spot.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Thurman Merman said:

That would be fine if they would also fix your inability to interact with objects.  One of the private hives on which I play has diabled the crosshair/reticule. Can't tell you how many times I have spent a minute or two trying to pick something up off the top of a wardrobe because I can't get my invisible crosshair/reticule in the right spot.

I haven't much problem looting without a crosshair, like now the crosshair when looting is almost invisible anyway, I think it should be the opposite, no crosshair while your weapon is raised and crosshair when your weapon is lowered so you doesn't have trouble while looting.

Edited by Wili
  • Like 5

Why do I need to restart the game every time I leave a server because it's stuck on splash screen ? Also trying to run somewhere and I keep getting teleported right back to where I started what is this ? Long months of waiting for this patch and this is what it looks like ?  

Edited by General Zod

I dont think removing the crosshairs would change the game that much either way honestly...most gamers i know (myself included) have a monitor that can overlay an accurate crosshair in game anyway. So even they removed crosshairs, all it would do is give an advantage to players with those types of monitors. 

3 hours ago, JBURNS489 said:

I dont think removing the crosshairs would change the game that much either way honestly...most gamers i know (myself included) have a monitor that can overlay an accurate crosshair in game anyway. So even they removed crosshairs, all it would do is give an advantage to players with those types of monitors. 

That's not the thing, yeah monitors can put a crosshair in a game, but it stays still. The current crosshair, however, moves with the sway of your gun, letting you know almost exactly where it's going to hit at all times. A crosshair that stays still wouldn't account for sway, requiring you to aim down sights to know where your bullet's going to hit.

Edit: I just heard the new sound effects for wolves... I don't think I'm gonna wanna take shortcuts through the forest anymore :S

Edited by Kohlbar
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Buakaw said:

Anyway I think they will make it just like Arma 3 in the end where "hipfiring" seems to simply have a lot higher dispersion, which seems to make sense. Combined with something like the current crescent that really wouldn't be too bad.

Dispersion cone is the same in A3 whether ADS or not. It's just that the weapon moves around, but the crosshair stays still, you don't know where it's pointing. It has the effect of higher dispersion, without actually giving higher dispersion.

Example:

Not perfect, too accurate when you have very little sway, for example, prone or bipod engaged, etc. But still much better than current DayZ.

• Like 5

Please disable collision for dead players and zombies until is possible to drag bodies or be able to pass over it, you can be trapped because of it, that shouldn't be hard to do.

Edited by Wili
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Wili said:

Please disable collision for dead players and zombies until is possible to drag bodies or be able to pass over it, you can be trapped because of it, that shouldn't be hard to do.

I doubt this is as simple a fix as you think. Things could be tied to collision detection that when turned off break other things... you just don't know.

The new player controller will likely solve this without wasting time on a patch (yes, wasting time).

The entire animations system is getting an overhaul as we speak.

This will solve an entire sub set of bugs and problems but may bring all new bugs and problems as well.

So, time spent patching over the current placeholder system is time away from coding a brand new far superior system.

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

I doubt this is as simple a fix as you think. Things could be tied to collision detection that when turned off break other things... you just don't know.

Other games disable collision on dead bodies, but yes, you can be right, I hope it's solved one way or another.

• Like 1

is it only me or smells the steamDB like .61 will hit tonight or tommorow exp?

• Like 1

I like that the pouches are back for the plate carrier, but the full ammo box is a little o.p. for my taste. Also, the removal of weapons at crash sites saddens me, as I could avoid going to military bases and found everything I needed at crash sites, but now if I want a better rifle, I have to go to military bases to get one. 

Hopefully, this is only temporary and simply a bug, as it makes no sense anyway...

29ux6oi.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wasnu said:

is it only me or smells the steamDB like .61 will hit tonight or tommorow exp?

I hope at least in time for or before the next status report....

4 hours ago, odin_lowe said:

the removal of weapons at crash sites saddens me, as I could avoid going to military bases and found everything I needed at crash sites

Saddens me too. Just as well I stockpiled M4s I guess.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, -Gews- said:

Not perfect, too accurate when you have very little sway, for example, prone or bipod engaged, etc. But still much better than current DayZ.

Yeee thats nice! I think they will do that.

5 hours ago, odin_lowe said:

I like that the pouches are back for the plate carrier, but the full ammo box is a little o.p. for my taste. Also, the removal of weapons at crash sites saddens me, as I could avoid going to military bases and found everything I needed at crash sites, but now if I want a better rifle, I have to go to military bases to get one. 

Hopefully, this is only temporary and simply a bug, as it makes no sense anyway...

Hidden Content

Yeah, they shouldnt be full, but when they have a couple clips worth of ammo, that is definitely a nice touch and adds currently much needed value to heli spawns. Having a low chance of finding an empty gun (how it usually was) isn't really incentive to go look for them.

And yes, this is temporary, as mentioned by Brain Hicks in the devblog.

• Like 1

I've never found low chances of finding an M4 (especially) at a crash site a disincentive. In some previous patches (eg the one where crash sites only worked on persistence off servers), the chances were extremely low, but I kept up my little slog around Green Mountain and Lopatino...

The probability of finding M4s during the two weeks after the stable release of the patch seemed very high (probably too high) to me.

• Like 1

On 7/2/2016 at 2:59 AM, emuthreat said:

I also like to live dangerously :D Thanks for the info. :)

Getting in vehicles still seems to affect fps until logging out. Played for a little over an hour today and drove a sedan for several minutes, and after leaving the sedan my fps kept stuttering every few seconds. It was much better than the first time I got in a car on this patch (I was getting a solid 10fps throughout) but it's still a lingering lag that only stops when I log out. We drove to Cherno to do some PvP, but everyone's game was sluggish so we stopped after a short while. Exiting DayZ and restarting it seems to remove all lag.

8 hours ago, Kohlbar said:

You might try the flush command to manually clean out your video/texture memory while in-game.

1) Hold down the Left Shift Key and press the Numpad Minus key

2) type flush

You won't see anything typing on the screen but when yo get to the h your screen will hesitate, flash and then re-render all of the textures.  

It takes 5 seconds or so, no guarantees but if it works it's a heck of a lot easier than exiting and restarting.

• Like 3

On 15 July 2016 at 10:37 PM, S3V3N said:

Guys, I'm just here to say "bye-bye". I know most of  you won't miss me, but I really meant well for the game and spent countless hours writing my experiences, posting screenshots and trying to point out what I found was lacking. It's actually amazing how Dayz managed to turn me from a fierce supporter into a complete hater over time. Apparently I am not allowed to ask when Beta really starts. Apparently it wasn't Q2/2016. 

Also Boneboys, it will surprise you I am moderating forums as well. German TV, reaching millions of people. The difference between our moderation style is that I allow anything but insults. So I was well aware you would shut me down for that, but for anything else: not really. 

Seems he was right

no one cared he is gone 

what's that I hear is it the smallest violin in the world playing just for him

roll on the beta when it's ready

sry mods I'm a bad bad man who could not resist

YOU KICKED S3V3N??? S3V3N?!?!?!??!?! This is an outrage!!!! *kicks desk* nah but forreal I liked s3v3n and it kinda sucks if he got kicked for criticizing the game. Bon voyage or should I say Auf Wiedersehen :(

• Like 1