SMoss

Stable Branch - 0.60 Discussion

Anyone else getting persistence issues? Across 3 different servers  my car vanished, and so did my large military tent full of gear. the only thing that stayed acrpss all three servers was my barrels full of tuna.

27 minutes ago, THUNDERMINE said:

Anyone else getting persistence issues? Across 3 different servers  my car vanished, and so did my large military tent full of gear. the only thing that stayed acrpss all three servers was my barrels full of tuna.

I don't  think vehicles are persistent... I can't speak for the other issue.

10 hours ago, Mookie (original) said:

There is a motto for our times.

I feel your pain. Someone found my main stash of focused funky barrel loot on GA 2-1 today and whoever they were, they got a pretty good haul of pristine M4s, M4 attachments, HiCap vests, FNXs, mags, and a sackload of ammo.

I'm pretty sure it didn't despawn. They were cute enough to leave me a protector case with a Scorpion in it, the gits.

Ouch dude that really blows.  Dont understand why people do stuff that way.  Never nees to cary more than one and if u leave the camp in tact then there is little to no reason for anyone to move it.  That leaves you with a free camp and maybe new friends.  I would have left you anything i could but probably still would have taken an m4 and some rounds.  Would have left you a friendly note tho.  Probably with directions to my own camp so you could visit.  Is sad how many turds there are out there..... wish i had used something better than turds but i refuse to retype.  

Had a thought.  What if we all maintained a private server for the people on this forum. We could just get a 30 person server and if 10 or 20 of us chipped in it would be 20 to 40 bucks each for 3 months.  I dont expect you all to trust me with your money but maybe biohaze or someone more established could manage the paypal account.

We could establish areas for pvp or friendly zones.  Maybe certain towns for pvp.  We could have guidlines for base hunting like take what u want leave persistant containers.  

We would all have freedom to invite our friends cuz we would know they would understand the guidlines.  We could even make a group on izurvive to mark camps or trade areas.  Hell we could make a town of our own with tents.  I think it would make for a fun gaming experience we could all enjoy.

2 hours ago, FunkInYourTrunk said:

Had a thought.  What if we all maintained a private server for the people on this forum. We could just get a 30 person server and if 10 or 20 of us chipped in it would be 20 to 40 bucks each for 3 months.  I dont expect you all to trust me with your money but maybe biohaze or someone more established could manage the paypal account.

We could establish areas for pvp or friendly zones.  Maybe certain towns for pvp.  We could have guidlines for base hunting like take what u want leave persistant containers.  

We would all have freedom to invite our friends cuz we would know they would understand the guidlines.  We could even make a group on izurvive to mark camps or trade areas.  Hell we could make a town of our own with tents.  I think it would make for a fun gaming experience we could all enjoy.

To be honest- losing a base sucks but it's what FORCES a person to learn to survive with what's on their back while adding some value to the life of the character you have. Get your camp tossed? I think it's best that people be reflecting on "what did I learn" than looking for ways to continue being lazy in their distribution of loot and trying to make it easier for themselves. 

Edited by eno

7 hours ago, eno said:

To be honest- losing a base sucks but it's what FORCES a person to learn to survive with what's on their back while adding some value to the life of the character you have. Get your camp tossed? I think it's best that people be reflecting on "what did I learn" than looking for ways to continue being lazy in their distribution of loot and trying to make it easier for themselves. 

I'd go along with that. Happily, what I had already learned was that you need more than one stash, so I had maintained two further barrels on separate servers....

It was a weird disappearance though. These barrels were in an extremely remote location, and they were all separate to the extent that it was not possible to see one from another. Yet they all completely disappeared at the same time. 

3 hours ago, Mookie (original) said:

I'd go along with that. Happily, what I had already learned was that you need more than one stash, so I had maintained two further barrels on separate servers....

It was a weird disappearance though. These barrels were in an extremely remote location, and they were all separate to the extent that it was not possible to see one from another. Yet they all completely disappeared at the same time. 

Kind of reminds me of an issue I had the other day... admittedly when you hear the location it's just the way it is but a separate incident got me thinking about it a few minutes later. Your issue further makes me curious. 

Our group logged in for a fight at the NWAF on a 60/60 server... I was more than half a kilometer from the tents in a large, thick pine tree. I was shot dead within about 5 seconds of logging- almost instantly. A second member of our group had the same thing happen- immediately taking fire from inside a tree. 

Originally I just figured I'd been hit by someone around the same spot as me since no hiding place is ever as good as you think it is. But when he started taking fire, describing his position in the way he did... it got a conversation going about the folks running around with their details down as low as possible likely changing the way the cover appears. It wouldn't surprise me if whoever it was just didn't see the same detail I did when I chose that tree for cover. I was likely standing out like a sore thumb at a certain distance- so too was my compatriot. 

I imagine the same would run true with barrels... a guy could run through the forest at low settings and at a distance be able to see barrels sitting out clear as day in / under trees. 

There just comes a time when the in game settings need to be hard locked to a minimum that ensures they can't be exploited to give an unfair advantage. Not sure how realistic that is but if that's what actually happened it'll get old really, really fast. 

• Like 2

all mmo i played, all pvp´ler played with the lowest and crappy grafics for their advance. i think this will never change.

if dayz is not able to render grass and bushes for ALL in the network bubble it will fail.

best thing for me is, if someone lowers his grafiks his network bubble went down to 4-500m (players over that distance are not rendering for him), if he is able to play with high settings, network bubble expand to 1000m.

the only way i see, but i am no dev

23 hours ago, THUNDERMINE said:

stuff is way WAY too plentiful if someone can have 'barrels full of tuna'.

/theobvious

and persistence is arguably kinda pointless if you can just go restock in a day.  no need to really stockpile tuna, is there.

Maintenance is extended today since we'll push the small Experimental branch update from yesterday to Stable branch. Stand by for ETA. ^SM

https://twitter.com/dayzdevteam

• Like 2

On 15-6-2016 at 9:19 PM, rollingkaspi3000 said:

When do you release the patchnotes? :) I am co-leader of the biggest dayz community on facebook in germany, and they are so hyped for patchlogs and news about 0.60! I can't describe that.

'I am co-leader of the biggest dayz community on facebook in germany,' and you only have 1 post on this forum? how is THAT adding up? 
if you're part of the largest community in germany shouldn't you have at least 3000 posts on this forum and been following it since day 1? LOL
kinda fishy if you ask me :P or is this account 302 because the other 301 got banned?

11 hours ago, Red_Ensign said:

stuff is way WAY too plentiful if someone can have 'barrels full of tuna'.

/theobvious

and persistence is arguably kinda pointless if you can just go restock in a day.  no need to really stockpile tuna, is there.

no there is no reason... but there's this thing.. you might have heard of this one 'just because we can' <- is a really big time thing in dayz
and since base building won't be around for at least a year or so.. what else is there to do?
I'm RPing on the server.. we have a greenzone in place.. what is there to do in dayz? apart from PvP (which I hate, because COD/Rainbow 6/dota/TF2 offers the same thing)
right... setting up a shop.. 3 barrels in the back.. lock the backdoor and barter with people in your shop.. want 3 cans of tuna? that'll be 5 rnds of AK ammo.. thank you kindly..

^ see? there ya go.. reason for stocking up on a barrel full of tuna cans in a day..

28 minutes ago, Big GamingTime said:

I dont know why but i can now see only experimental servers, is it only me?

Maintenance every Wednesday morning, and this one is extended.

Someone should seriously sticky this fact (although I know it's in most server messages...)

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Big GamingTime said:

I dont know why but i can now see only experimental servers, is it only me?

Every Wednesday morning there is maintenance in the morning between 08-11 CEST, sometimes longer like today to push patches to stable servers.

@SMoss@Hicks_206 (DayZ) I'm sure you are aware. But all tents and barrels can not be interacted with since hotfix patch. Seems like a bug slipped through :P

You can still access inventory and move items in/out.

You can not pitch, pack, open, or close tents.

Edit: It seems for the 60 slot tent you can pitch but can not pack the tent. The military tent you can not interact with it.

Edit2: It seems like for a regular barrel without holes. You are still able to open/close the lid. I've been hearing reports of barrels with holes having the same issues as the tent.

Last Edit: Looked through the dev tickets and it seems a lot of issues including this one is fixed internally and will be hotfixed soon. Disregard my post. I will have to utilize the ticket system instead as the response time is fast. Thank you for your work and continue doing a great job!

Edited by Kronons

56 minutes ago, S3V3N said:

Stilll no 0.61? Didn't they say they wanted to release it "soon". I wish the devs would stop using words like "soon". Christmas comes soon after Easter, if you are a Dayz dev. 

Don't you listen or read anything that is going on concerning DayZ development.
You are a whiny, same old same old stuck in the mud anoying waste of space.

Yes, you read it right...

• Like 5

I take it's just me! but from what I can tell from the server I'm on there seem to be a lot less barrels in the game.  I'm not saying there are none, but I'm not finding as many as I use too.  

3 hours ago, Fing said:

I take it's just me! but from what I can tell from the server I'm on there seem to be a lot less barrels in the game.  I'm not saying there are none, but I'm not finding as many as I use too.  

Agree. I haven't seen a spawned one for several days (and I've been looking pretty hard).

On 23/06/2016 at 4:32 AM, Wili said:

Also a hotkey for removing items in hands would be nice to have.

There's actually a key from removing items in hands, I didn't know it, it seems to be hardcoded to "H" key. When I try to rebind H key this message appears: "Missing string STR_USRACT_MOVE_ITEMS_FROM_HANDS"

If a player tries to pick up a barrel at the same time someone tries to open it then its becomes stuck in the hands of the person picking it up. They can't drop it or throw it to get rid of it. logging out did not help. We had to kill him. We were able to then remove his gear but could not get the barrel back. When his body disappeared so did the barrel.

Edited by The_Habu
trying to remove link

8 hours ago, Fing said:

It is really hard to find a barrel on crowded private servers, at least on the coast. I always find more player barrels than barrels spawning.

If you are playing in public servers you can just serverhop to an empty server and you will find a barrel after a few minutes, same for tents, ammo, weapons and anything really, serverhopping is always much more profitable.

On 12-7-2016 at 6:33 PM, eno said:

Kind of reminds me of an issue I had the other day... admittedly when you hear the location it's just the way it is but a separate incident got me thinking about it a few minutes later. Your issue further makes me curious. 

Our group logged in for a fight at the NWAF on a 60/60 server... I was more than half a kilometer from the tents in a large, thick pine tree. I was shot dead within about 5 seconds of logging- almost instantly. A second member of our group had the same thing happen- immediately taking fire from inside a tree. 

Originally I just figured I'd been hit by someone around the same spot as me since no hiding place is ever as good as you think it is. But when he started taking fire, describing his position in the way he did... it got a conversation going about the folks running around with their details down as low as possible likely changing the way the cover appears. It wouldn't surprise me if whoever it was just didn't see the same detail I did when I chose that tree for cover. I was likely standing out like a sore thumb at a certain distance- so too was my compatriot. 

I imagine the same would run true with barrels... a guy could run through the forest at low settings and at a distance be able to see barrels sitting out clear as day in / under trees. 

There just comes a time when the in game settings need to be hard locked to a minimum that ensures they can't be exploited to give an unfair advantage. Not sure how realistic that is but if that's what actually happened it'll get old really, really fast. 

I indeed think the person shooting at me and probably you, was using the exploit were you see no objects or barely see objects. To describe my situation, I spawned in after ENO said he got killed, obviously a bit away from his position. I spawned in a pine tree (I was wearing all green) and even took my fluorescent armband off. I went to the other side of the pine tree and suddenly *crack*, it scared the shit out of me. I ran away towards the south zig-zagging  and got shot at once more but after that I guess I managed to get away. I obviously didn't go back there and got the fuck out of there.

Now there is always a possibility that someone could see you but given the fact that most people are literally blind as bats, I highly doubt he saw me in a fair way.

9 hours ago, Fing said:

6 hours ago, Mookie (original) said:

Agree. I haven't seen a spawned one for several days (and I've been looking pretty hard).

If all barrels are in use by players, no new ones will spawn unless one despawned which was in use. I made a topic about the same issue you guys are having on a private hive back in 0.59:

Edited by IMT
  • Like 1