SMoss

Stable Branch - 0.60 Discussion

Impressive, more and more parts interchanging correctly this time around. M4, aug, mags, nothing I have seen so far broken. Except for the menu disappearing to combine ammo etc.. or the select empty is one level above its selection.

Hunters backpack, M65 jacket, and black vest. All setup now :)

Just wish I could find a hunters scope, seems to be rare where I am looking. I threw the 22 gun away in favor of the M4. Just too many mags for the aug, m4

OH and a landmine LMAO watchout folks because I do place them :)

Edited by sneakydude

5 hours ago, sneakydude said:

Hey bio on the menu are you getting mouse offset incorrect alignment?

Working with it now, why I am asking in windows mode the mouse menu offset is off.

I do not have a problem with an offset mouse.

4 hours ago, sneakydude said:

Just wish I could find a hunters scope, seems to be rare where I am looking.

you're probably only looking in deerstands.  they spawn now attached to rifles, everywhere civilian rifles are found (houses, guard shacks, deerstands, etc).  I think they're actually more common in .60.

30 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

I do not have a problem with an offset mouse.

Ok then it must be windowed mode, making it so the menu is higher then it should be misaligned.

Haven't read the forums in quite a while. Still have six pages to read up which I will do another time.

So far there have been 2 game breaking bugs to me with the biggest one: gunshots sounds don't always work. This is actually a bug which annoys me a lot which doesn't happen fast. I mean ColdAtrophy shot a SVD 5 meters away from me and I didn't hear the sound at all. Someone already reported it on the feedback  tracker so I hope this is patched soon.

The second bug is already reported and talked about a lot, the overheating. I get that it is hot in Chernarus at the moment but sitting still drenched (in the shadows) should rapidly cool you off which doesn't work for some reason now. It only cools you very slowly which is not realistic at all. And for some reason when it is raining a long period of time it's like the temperature suddenly went under 0 degrees Celcius, I get that the temperature drops a bit but it will still be hot outside. And for some reason the status indicators/messages are bugged as well.

When I was hot I decided to mess a bit with the cooling off since I have a thermometer. I tested various things like sitting still in the swimming animation naked and with clothes and sitting still outside the water with and without clothes. I had the feeling it didn't make a difference at all, maybe 0.1 or 0.2 degrees Celcius. After sitting some still a bit more at camp I was cold but I figured I run it off later. Suddenly the weather went to shit and it started raining. I saw my temperature stay steady when sprinting everywhere but if I moved slower or sat still somewhere it started to drop. For some reason I didn't get the Cold indicator and I even managed to reach the Freezing stage but no indicator, thank God I had the thermometer. It even went as bad as 35 degrees Celcius but it stayed there. And suddenly it struck me "fuck this thermometer doesn't go lower than 35, I might be hypothermic for all I know". No idea how low I was with my temperature but ColdAtrophy made a fire for me with five sticks and when that went out I was still at 35. Even after sprinting again, still 35. It stayed there and didn't go up. The next day I was playing and still had the same problem, not warming up. Until the server restarted/crashed, it did some magical trick because then my character heated up again. Guess what, now I'm struggling to keep cool again.

On 21-6-2016 at 8:07 PM, Tonyeh said:

Wanna make Dayz hard?

Make zombies kill players in one or two hits.

That'll toughen things up and it'll make players truly afraid of them. Make them a real threat to be taken out or avoided completely, instead of just a minor nuisance.

I like a nice and hard game (giggity) but what you are suggesting takes away all the fun in the game. In my opinion they hit quite hard enough but the numbers miss. When I go zombie fighting on my own I always get hit quite a few times. Sometimes I even go desaturated because the loss of blood. If you're bleeding and you have zombie's behind your ass, good luck bandaging up.

On 21-6-2016 at 10:02 PM, igor-vk said:

Where can I find chest holster?

I don't know if this already has been answered but: old school building, office building, school building and I believe hospital itself as well. Press vests spawn there as well by the way.

On 22-6-2016 at 3:52 AM, Rags! said:

*snip*

It might be because it is Experimental but back there I went to eat dinner in the middle of the street of Elektro. Guess what, I was still alive when I came back. Coastal warfare is not as big as it was before, at least I get this feeling.

On 22-6-2016 at 9:04 PM, S3V3N said:

I ruined an MP5 a couple of days ago and assumed it was, because I got hit by infected. I don't think I was shooting anything worse than "worn" ammo with it, but I'm not sure if you have to split your mags now to sort out every single bullet and check if it is damaged. That would be a pita. I'm gonna run some tests on that with the MP5. Have a lot of different state ammo for it, though I threw away all damaged stacks.

----

How is the inventory issue in this patch? Did anyone spawn without their pants yet? This is something I hope the devs adress (and fix) pretty quickly. I understand how people get upset about it. Unique 0.60 bug it seems - hopefully they can find what causes it anyway. 

That's how it works now, yep. Found 1 ruined bullet between a worn stack of 20. Please developers, give us the option to sort through the ammo making the sorting automatic. I can't be asked to split every ammo I find to see which status each individual bullet has. Guess we have a new simulator now: Ammo Splitting Simulator.

On 24-6-2016 at 4:19 PM, JBURNS489 said:

I dont notice much difference in the actual gameplay in this patch. Up to this point, DayZ has been basically gear up, then meet your friends to pvp or just pvp solo. It is still the same thing, but loot does seem to be more scarce, which is a good thing in my opinion. You actually have to spend some time and effort to get geared up now. I think you are just used to being fully geared and ready to fight in under an hour. There are no features missing in .60 that were in .59 that I am aware of. If you arent having fun with this patch, then I bet you weren't having fun in previous patches either. 

That is odd, are we playing the same game? I have only PvPed once with the intention of PvPing, all other PvP were random encounters. It is true, I do gear up but after that I'm not the person to go PvP on the coast or what ever unless it's a random encounter somewhere. It is actually the person itself who made the choice to play that way. Most people actually think that is the only thing there is to do in the game and that is very easy. Sometimes I give myself loot restrictions to make it harder for myself which is very rewarding and a lot of fun, it gives some variety in the gameplay as well.

On 24-6-2016 at 5:29 PM, GaryWalnuts said:

*snip*

As far as I have experienced the time has influence on the temperature, even the weather. When it's night it's colder than when it's day. Also when it rains for a certain period of time you really notice that the temperature has lowered because standing still while drenched will get you cold. If you're drenched and it is sunny you don't get cold or it takes a lot longer.

On 24-6-2016 at 6:36 PM, BCBasher said:

Splendid, anyone else seen a medical thermometer?

If it's super rare I'll go out of my way to stay alive with it or hand it off to someone or a group if it could get more use, not sure but I think it's on 3pp public.

They are quite rare indeed, we only have found two so far, one by ColdAtrophy and the other one by me. It's a shame they don't go lower than 35 degrees Celcius.

On 25-6-2016 at 3:19 AM, philbur said:

In reference to the upcoming audio upgrades...

I am definitely NOT a PvP-er, and I still feel very happy about being able to identify and locate distant gunfire. You guys gotta admit that hearing a small firefight break out in a town you were in the process of approaching, or hearing a single Blaze shot ring out in the valley you were about to cross...simply adds immersion. Remember the time you first saw another player...the feel of adrenaline and the heightened sense of danger you felt coursing through your veins?

Please don't bash the effort going towards advanced audio....it is such a powerful aspect and deserves the teams' attention.

I would even welcome the addition of echoes of gunshots being added to the ambient effects....not very often...maybe once or twice every 30 minutes of in-game time...but players like me, who try to stay low-profile, get such a rush from the hint of danger brought on by hearing threats from a distance...

As a not-omg-look-a-player-let's-rush-him guy I welcome the new audio module with open arms. I try to approach every situation with precaution and good directional sound will help with that, a lot.

On 26-6-2016 at 2:51 AM, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

or time spent coding guns in or working on PvP mechanics = PvP DayZ dev path

Guns don't even need coding or only a bit. They need to have the model which is done by a designer and the variables for damage, bullet drop, etc. which they probably get from the military or what ever instance. But one thing is for sure, there is not a lot of coding involved with adding new weapons because most guns work the same and the logic for that is already there.

Edited by IMT
  • Like 3

I'm having a really bad case of overheating with this Patch. My laptop tends to overheat when it's worked too hard, so it's a problem with me, not the game. However, with the aim of avoiding this issue, what would be the best way to minimise the strain the game places on my computer? Like the best way to minimise the amount of work the computer has to do to run it (I've already reduced the Graphics settings in-game to the minimum available through the Graphics menu).

so lower your grafic settings are, so more your CPU has to work.

try higher grafic settings to get your GPU running and fix your heat problem

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Luc Tonnerre said:

seems like not only your reticle is bugged. The whole scope looks crappy. You've reduced object quality?

The acog was worn

On ‎6‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 10:02 AM, igor-vk said:

Where can I find chest holster?

I have been finding these pretty consistently in the upper floors of the really large city hall in Cherno and in the 3rd floor storage closet of the Prison out on the Island.  FYI, seems combat knives only spawn in ATC Towers these days. 

Anyone seen an ammo can?

On 7/1/2016 at 1:45 PM, eno said:

A few things I'm wondering about from a development standpoint- consider the following: 

1) Vehicle Persistence. Cars aren't currently persistent- are they supposed to be? Their existing state is deplorable persistent or not... What's the blocker? What's the vision?

-snip-

I can try to take a stab at #1....

Cars are supposed to be persistent, yes.

Nearly every aspect of vehicles has deteriorated to the point at which they are not worth building or maintaining, yes deplorable.

I do not believe there is a single specific blocker but rather the lions share of work/optimization for vehicles is still in the future (many blockers and missing content).

The vision is to have build-able cars with many parts needed to get one running properly. (See DayZ trello for some art assets of the many parts.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I personally hope we can also modify our cars and trucks with some basic features.

Turn a V3S into a tow truck with a winch for freeing other cars or towing large elements.

Light armor plating, and the added weight would slow the vehicle....

Mounting a SAW on a pick-up truck.

Things like that, not too much over the top stuff like Day of the Dead armor though, please.

21 minutes ago, barnabus said:

I have been finding these pretty consistently in the upper floors of the really large city hall in Cherno and in the 3rd floor storage closet of the Prison out on the Island.  FYI, seems combat knives only spawn in ATC Towers these days. 

Anyone seen an ammo can?

I've seen chest holsters and press vests at those office buildings similar to this: 

As for ammo cans... I don't think anyone in our group has seen any.

Edited by eno

On 6/29/2016 at 10:56 PM, BAHADIR said:

Found another annoying thingy. I looted Tisy military base 4 days ago and found a bloodbag filled with someones blood (BloodBag IV). I tried to use blood test kit on it and the result:

5obgjTu.jpg

It seems that the blood bags that spawn directly into the game as generic loot have no type.  They will work on any player with any blood type.  I have taken the risk of accepting generic blood, and nothing bad has happened.

• Like 1

I've been noticing that chambered rounds and rounds in internal mags just randomly disappear this patch.  not sure what the timeline or trigger is - maybe server reset?  lost full load from a winchester twice and single chambered rounds in several other guns.

for the time being I'm keeping my gun unloaded until I'm about to use it.  pristine .308 rounds are too valuable to lose 5 a day because alpha.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Red_Ensign said:

I've been noticing that chambered rounds and rounds in internal mags just randomly disappear this patch.  not sure what the timeline or trigger is - maybe server reset?  lost full load from a winchester twice and single chambered rounds in several other guns.

for the time being I'm keeping my gun unloaded until I'm about to use it.  pristine .308 rounds are too valuable to lose 5 a day because alpha.

LOL, I'm glad to see someone post this, cause I thought I was going mad! Carried a 22 sporter with 1 shot in it for about 30 minutes and snuck up on an infected and click and loaded it again. About an hour later snuck up on an infected with a full red 9 and click and loaded it again and watched the last of my 9mm rounds vanish into a fully loaded gun. A couple of days ago I found 20 rounds for the sks and loaded it and about 1 later I snuck up on an infected and click..GAA!! I watched the last if my rounds disappear into a fully loaded rifle.

Edited by Excanto
  • Like 1

On 2.7.2016 at 5:24 AM, barnabus said:

ACOG reticle bug on FN/FAL

C213ABFD8FACD9208A1D4B72034FB6789864C890

The same seems to happen with scopes on the mp5. Tested with acog and RV1 RDS optics. The same acog scope worked fine on a m4.

Edited by imunone
  • Like 3

Sorry for repetetive question but has vehicle persistence been hotfixed?

nope, they are working on an hotfix

could be an problem if eugene is ill again ;)

• Like 1

I see you
ievLvB1.jpg

I had other things to do so I let them be.

349guG4.jpg

Related: who else is still getting the horrible stuttering when zooming in?

CAMP DUMP

I'm taking a break (mostly just bored) so I dumped my whole personal stash at my public camp just now.  first person there is gonna have a really good day.  second person is probably gonna get ganked by the first person.  XD

server: dayz wa 2-4

(there was a full smersh in there - I hope someone went before the tent rotated)

Edited by Red_Ensign
lols

It's been suggested before but it bears repeating.....

We need cheap plastic rain ponchos in the game.

You could keep any backpack and clothing set dry at the expense of high visibility and maybe loud audio properties when moving.

77le7GS.jpg

• Like 3

If done carefully u are also able to boil water in a plastic bottle irl or possibly in a pot made from bark. The water keeps the pot from burning or the bottle from melting

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

It's been suggested before but it bears repeating.....

We need cheap plastic rain ponchos in the game.

You could keep any backpack and clothing set dry at the expense of high visibility and maybe loud audio properties when moving.

Hidden Content

Atm we need a functioning temperature system.. :( just annoying how being drenched has nearly no notable effect on overheating, even if you are lying still, same with being cold and campfires. This is not how cooling down or heating up works.

Tobe honest i think the temp system is definately off.  A change of 3 degrees in your core body temp will kill you.  The thermometer should probably almost never be as low as 35 and never as high as 39 just from weather.  That is unless you are submerged in arctic water or maybe in a hot spring for extended periods.  Being wet in winter would probably do it too.  I think dressing to warm in the summer would sure make you feel hot and sweat untill dehydration or unconciousness but i dont think it woupd give you a fever.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, -Gews- said:

Related: who else is still getting the horrible stuttering when zooming in?

I do, definitely. I get fps lag whenever zooming in with a hunting scope, I don't know what this is! On previous patches going into scoped mode would boost my fps by the double digits, now it has the exact opposite effect. It seems to be different for other kinds of scopes, too. PSO scopes don't do it as much, and the steyr-aug scope has very little effect. I noticed a small portion on the edge of the screen that isn't black with the hunting scope, I don't know if this has anything to do with it. Hunting scope is by far the laggiest scope for me on .60

Edited by Kohlbar