SMoss

Stable Branch - 0.60 Discussion

9 hours ago, S3V3N said:

I am starting to think 0.61 must be a much bigger patch than anticipated. First of all there is the stuff that clearly isn't working - like the medical system/temperature. In any other game I know there would be a number of hotfixes, until the problem is fixed. Then there are the performance issues with vehicles, chopper loot spawning in barracks and similar small things. Then the performance issue with rain, desync etc. It's weird how the Dayz devs always opt to solve everything in one big patch that takes forever, instead of tackling the problems in small but meaningfull fixes. I don't even play Dayz even more, until I am sure this is changing. Found my new love in Miscreated. 

Don't you guys get it they are making a new game out of the old game , why fix the old stuff when it's going to be replaced anyhow. IF they have to fix the old stuff for you the new game will take longer to finish for you to play .

19 hours ago, -Gews- said:

Ratiasu reported on r/dayz that he found an unusual amount of .308 spawning in Vavilovo.

I checked this on the UN server. One run through the town left me with 160 rounds (although half were damaged). Looks like it's true.

I did a sweep through Vav on our server to see what the situation was and didn't find a single round of .308- like mentioned elsewhere, however, I did find a ton of shotties. 

3 minutes ago, eno said:

I did a sweep through Vav on our server to see what the situation was and didn't find a single round of .308- like mentioned elsewhere, however, I did find a ton of shotties. 

Hm. A few other people have since tried and also reporting finding a bunch of .308 (I also found a ton of tactical bacon).

12 minutes ago, -Gews- said:

Hm. A few other people have since tried and also reporting finding a bunch of .308 (I also found a ton of tactical bacon).

Might be in cycles... I can concur with your tactical bacon findings. I'll check again when the server restarts if I get a chance. 

Were you finding it in the usual hunting related places or was it just popping up all over? 

1 minute ago, eno said:

Might be in cycles... I can concur with your tactical bacon findings. I'll check again when the server restarts if I get a chance. 

Were you finding it in the usual hunting related places or was it just popping up all over? 

In the various houses, tables, closets, floor. I went though each.

1 hour ago, eno said:

have found it in cars, deer stands, sheds, houses, guard shacks.  I think your best bet would be to try towns nobody bothers with, rather than a busy place at different times.

8 minutes ago, Red_Ensign said:

have found it in cars, deer stands, sheds, houses, guard shacks.  I think your best bet would be to try towns nobody bothers with, rather than a busy place at different times.

Not sure that Vav qualifies as a "busy place" other than the fact that people run past it while heli hunting. 

I don't care about .308... I was just testing the frequent spawning theory on our server. 

I played around ~20 hours on stable with my squad. Noticed there is no need anymore to find heli crashes, since looting tent city is more efficient. It took around 40 minutes to get ready for combat (included traveling) and that is kinda short?

The FPS improvements are awesome, also playing with a higher draw distance makes sniping a lot easier. No game crashes this patch.

Did someone find an UMP? My squad checked around 50 US helicopters and did not find one.

10 hours ago, .freaK said:

I played around ~20 hours on stable with my squad. Noticed there is no need anymore to find heli crashes, since looting tent city is more efficient. It took around 40 minutes to get ready for combat (included traveling) and that is kinda short?

The FPS improvements are awesome, also playing with a higher draw distance makes sniping a lot easier. No game crashes this patch.

Did someone find an UMP? My squad checked around 50 US helicopters and did not find one.

I've seen a UMP at NWAF tents. They do spawn, but are rarer than (eg AKMs or M4s). The mags aren't very common either.

Holy fucking shit, I am literally trapped in the fucking Novo tower. Does anyone know if there is actually a way to open the fucking doors? This is driving me nuts now.

Bug report & feedback: 

Encountered on 7/82016 on a password protected private hive we test on. Went to the Mishkino military tent area, two of us were there. Only visibly saw a half dozen zombies but there were likely another half dozen that never rendered in for either of us and were completely invisible. Were never sure when we were safe to start bandaging and eventually bled out and were killed by the invisible horde. Only encountered invisible zombies here. 

Further testing of Hyperthermic (too hot) status reveals that it's harmless it will not kill you. It does however make you thirsty extremely quickly and is incredibly annoying seeing red text spamming when you are usually looking to see if you are bleeding. 

The CR527 rifle is completely useless. In comparison to the Winchester it has less range, less available ammunition, less power, and requires a magazine. Likewise the IZH rifle I have never once seen in actual use or the P1 pistol as finding both the handgun and a magazine is so rare. The CR57 pistol is now quite rare and its magazines are even rarer. I have had at least 6 full runs through every town in Chernarus in the .6 update and have seen one CR57 pistol and one magazine. The crossbow is completely useless with extremely low damage, fire rate, accuracy, low range, and extremely rare ammunition. If you could craft your own improvised bolts or be able to recover fired ammunition and recover bolts from bodies it would make the crossbow more viable. 

Vehicles are pretty damn useless right now. At first I thought oh cool you can fix up cars yay realism! Now it's just extremely annoying running through half the map spending 3+ hours for all the parts only to have the vehicle wiped in the next restart. Was honestly a lot more fun to just find working vehicles that wouldn't have their tires pop the moment you ran over a pebble. 

Have been to over 30+ helicopter crashes and all military areas extensively and have not seen a Dragunov or a VSS as of yet. Have not seen a Smersh vest or backpack at all in this update. 

Police cars seem to only have absolute junk spawn now. 

Certain apartment buildings spawn a ridiculous quantity of tents and the majority have no items at all ever. 

Talking about "fixed" spawns, I noticed the little wooden "kiosks" in myshkino tents always seem have stacks of mosin ammo and tac bacon.

Do you guys know if the fog-system has been changed in a hotfix? I'm getting this fog up North of the NWAF?

It's getting hard to navigate :) (See picture and think that its the same 360degrees.. hard ey)20160709230427_1.jpg

Edited by elander

On 7/6/2016 at 11:12 AM, Mookie (original) said:

Ah yeah, I forgot about that method (which I think we discovered a couple of patches ago...). Thanks. 

Remember - there is a theory that bipods and other railguard attachments are what is causing the naked-with-bare-gun spawn bug btw. I've ripped the bipods off everything as a precaution until the cause is identified.

I found at least one way to reproduce this bug today.

1) Double click handguard while the weapon is on your back and a bipod is attached to the weapon.

2) Paint the handguard. (This step may not be necessary, but both repros that I performed I did this way.)

3) Log out.

4) Log back in.

• Like 1

Has anyone been able to dye clothes in 0.60? It gives me the options but no results (takes the materials).

13 hours ago, ColdAtrophy said:

I found at least one way to reproduce this bug today.

1) Double click handguard while the weapon is on your back and a bipod is attached to the weapon.

2) Paint the handguard. (This step may not be necessary, but both repros that I performed I did this way.)

3) Log out.

4) Log back in.

Yep, it's one of (or all of) those elements. But, weirdly, the same bug does seem to have happened to people who are not even carrying M4s. Clearly something in this whole equation is corrupting your database entry.

I note that of the four pristine RIS guards in my stash, all were green a week ago and now none of them are... M4 parts don't like to be painted (for me) in 0.60

Edited by Mookie (original)

Just now, Mookie (original) said:

Yep, it's one of (or all of) those elements. But, weirdly, the same bug does seem to have happened to people who are not even carrying M4s. Clearly something in this whole equation is corrupting your database entry.

I note that of the four pristine RIS guards in my stash, all were green a week ago and now none of them are... M4 parts don't like to be painted (for me) in 0.60

Oh crap. I forgot to mention here. The two times I reproduced this the weapon in question was not an M4. The first time it was an AK-74 and the second time it was an AKM.

On 7/8/2016 at 6:47 PM, .freaK said:

Check the Light/Sniper towers @ NWAF. I see all the guns spawn up there.

Just spawned in as a new player. I logged out without any injures, behind a door I locked. With a full suit of Ghillie.

What the hell is going on? Is that a bug or is it a common issue where the game randomly skips the character? All on stable.

On 7/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, eno said:

Is it just me, or is that something about the 0.60 CLE that is tending to reproduce a lot of the same item in a particular area on a particular server?

I get it with barrels - a few servers have them in literally every other shed in my home area, while most have none at all. Difficult to rule out chance I guess, but there seems to be a definite effect with lots of the same item spawning at once.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mookie (original) said:

Is it just me, or is that something about the 0.60 CLE that is tending to reproduce a lot of the same item in a particular area on a particular server?

I get it with barrels - a few servers have them in literally every other shed in my home area, while most have none at all. Difficult to rule out chance I guess, but there seems to be a definite effect with lots of the same item spawning at once.

YES! I noticed this too, been happening since 58. I remember finding a Vybor full of barrels in 58. Or some village full of car batteries. There was always one thing and it was always bound to the server.

What I noticed afterwards from hopping is, no other Vybor had as many barrels, but often there were indeed 2-4 of them, so that makes me think some places are more prone to duplicate spawns than others.

Seems to still happen judging by the thread.

Well it finally happened.  Someone found our camp.  It was right outside kami.  Just north of that lake.  Took a long time at least a week or 2.  Didnt go as i hopedit would.  We left notes and paper and pens in the tents in hopes maybe they would take what they needed and leave the rest and maybe drop us a line.  Thought it would be cool to hear from whoever stumbled across camp.  Instead they took everything.  Anything they couldnt carry they mist have chucked into the woods cuz they left a single empty tent.  It wasnt even gret stuff.  No military gear other thansmoke bombs.  Mostly crafted stuff like nail bat fishing pole and bows.  

Disappointed in my fellow man.  I woulda taken stuff but would have left the camp behind in respect fortheir hard work.  If anything i would have added to it and left a note.  Would give me a new and interested place to visit.  Private server too.  Fingers crossed they didnt go far and i can find their base.  Ill leave them a note and only take back my stuff.  

I would like to be proof that not everyone online is a douche.

4 hours ago, Mookie (original) said:

I do see something similar to this but it comes in waves and appears to cycle between locations. I saw the same thing at the military spawns: One restart the NWAF has uberloot and at the next restart it has none but Balota is overflowing. 

33 minutes ago, FunkInYourTrunk said:

Well it finally happened.  Someone found our camp.  It was right outside kami.  Just north of that lake.  Took a long time at least a week or 2.  Didnt go as i hopedit would.  We left notes and paper and pens in the tents in hopes maybe they would take what they needed and leave the rest and maybe drop us a line.  Thought it would be cool to hear from whoever stumbled across camp.  Instead they took everything.  Anything they couldnt carry they mist have chucked into the woods cuz they left a single empty tent.  It wasnt even gret stuff.  No military gear other thansmoke bombs.  Mostly crafted stuff like nail bat fishing pole and bows.  

Disappointed in my fellow man.  I woulda taken stuff but would have left the camp behind in respect fortheir hard work.  If anything i would have added to it and left a note.  Would give me a new and interested place to visit.  Private server too.  Fingers crossed they didnt go far and i can find their base.  Ill leave them a note and only take back my stuff.  

Are you 100% certain the camp didn't just despawn? Or was it set up over a longer period of time?

Almost positive.  There was 2 blue tents and a military tent that we put there over the last couple weeks so we have been interacting with camp every day or 2.  Also all 3 tents had loot and one was left behind empty.  Couldnt pack it for some reason.  Thinking they removed everything and chucked it all in the woods and packed up the 2 tents.  Then left when they couldnt pack up the third.  They were all setup on different days and were there a few days ago.  2 days later one left and empty.  Unless 2 despawned and one emptied itself someone musta raided us.

4 hours ago, FunkInYourTrunk said:

There is a motto for our times.

I feel your pain. Someone found my main stash of focused funky barrel loot on GA 2-1 today and whoever they were, they got a pretty good haul of pristine M4s, M4 attachments, HiCap vests, FNXs, mags, and a sackload of ammo.

I'm pretty sure it didn't despawn. They were cute enough to leave me a protector case with a Scorpion in it, the gits.

• Like 1