SMoss

Exp Update: 0.60.+++

Well, that didn't last too long did it?  I got in, rubberbanded some but I figure that was a combination of all the BE kicks and people trying to get in at the same time.  The three stooges effect. 

Spawned on a slope on the west side of Berezino, near where the junkyard used to be.  Made my way south along the woodline to a small group of houses inland and south of Berezino.  Grabbed a sledgehammer, a green track jacket and Carbine.  There was no food but I did find some vitamins.  Was making my way over to the large apple orchard south of there when the servers went reset.  Didn't see anyone else, any animals or infected but I did hear a chicken. 

Edited by barnabus

I think they pulled the servers down.

Another borked patch.... I hope they got some useful data.

2 minutes ago, Girth Brooks said:

3 servers enough to gather anything useful?

Since the data gathering at this point seems to be at the basic level of "is it working?" and "why not?", I'd say, yes... Once they get beyond that stage, then they can bring back more exp servers, and gather broader data.

8 minutes ago, koffeekage said:

maybe enough to see that it doesnt work right yet

indeed, another hope for tomorrow...

too bad, .60 looks so good and im just sick of .59 well. 1gig on a monday adds some promise to the rest of the week.

• Like 7

I guess the bright side is they've also had time to work on other bugs, as well.  Once they get this login stuff figured out, .60 should be more polished than it was the last time we saw it.

Yeah.. kinda.

Still, sometimes I get the feeling we're talking about 2 guys working in a garage on DayZ whenever they find time from their main jobs and not a major game developer with a title that has already provided them with massive sales through the EA program.

• Like 3

What puzzles (and troubles) me a bit is that they weren't able to put up any working version in the meantime. It could be anywhere as good (or bad) as the first iterations of 0.60, people would still gladly play it, opposed to nothing at all. 0.59 is pretty much over and gone for most people. We've said our goodbyes. Once any kind of version 0.60 is up and running again, they can work on fixing it forgood and take weeks with it if they have to, I'd hope for some kind of playable release on Wednesday and then perhaps two more weeks for a stable version.  

Edited by S3V3N

The good thing is, i don't have to decide if i Play or watch Game of Thrones ..

Spoiler

OR4TN02.jpg

Edited by mammut (DayZ)

2 hours ago, S3V3N said:

What puzzles (and troubles) me a bit is that they weren't able to put up any working version in the meantime. It could be anywhere as good (or bad) as the first iterations of 0.60, people would still gladly play it, opposed to nothing at all. 0.59 is pretty much over and gone for most people. We've said our goodbyes. Once any kind of version 0.60 is up and running again, they can work on fixing it forgood and take weeks with it if they have to, I'd hope for some kind of playable release on Wednesday and then perhaps two more weeks for a stable version.  

https://forums.dayz.com/topic/233821-a-few-thoughts-on-exp-iteration-testing-etc/

Well this is getting dire.  It really makes me wonder if they absolutely had to decide to add a queuing system, right in the middle of such a delayed experimental patch cycle.  They did appear come up with this whole queuing idea seemingly as an after-thought due to massive .60 logjam.

Am I wrong here?  I understand that the queuing system was hacked into this patch at the last moment in an attempt to fix the unforseeable amount of people who wanted on .60 after six months of a dead patch.
I mean it's not like 60% of the playerbase ditched out, and said they would be back when .60 drops, it it?

Oh, wait...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, emuthreat said:

Well this is getting dire.  It really makes me wonder if they absolutely had to decide to add a queuing system, right in the middle of such a delayed experimental patch cycle.  They did appear come up with this whole queuing idea seemingly as an after-thought due to massive .60 logjam.

Am I wrong here?  I understand that the queuing system was hacked into this patch at the last moment in an attempt to fix the unforseeable amount of people who wanted on .60 after six months of a dead patch.
I mean it's not like 60% of the playerbase ditched out, and said they would be back when .60 drops, it it?

Oh, wait...

But the question is if they are implementing the queuing system, perhaps it's something else which isn't right.

Good question.  Hopefully status reports will be weekly as long as experimental branch is down.  Any less than that would seem dismally cavalier.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, emuthreat said:

Oh, wait...

Don't know about the reason for the sudden queuing system but I do know that I would really appreciate a fixed roadmap for the next month. I have the feeling that they are randomly choosing their tasks and are showing really bad timing when it comes to patches.

I might be tottally wrong about the randomness but due to a lack of infos I have to come to such a conclusion.

A little more structured info would be really nice, devs :)

Edited by Luc Tonnerre

o.com/freebies/murphy.htm

33 minutes ago, Luc Tonnerre said:

Don't know about the reason for the sudden queuing system but I do know that I would really appreciate a fixed roadmap for the next month. I have the feeling that they are randomly choosing their tasks and are showing really bad timing when it comes to patches.

I might be tottally wrong about the randomness but due to a lack of infos I have to come to such a conclusion.

A little more structured info would be really nice, devs :)

See #3 under the title "Planning"  http://www.military-info.com/freebies/murphy.htm

• Like 4

This game is cursed. After every smallest update it finds a way to break completly. Just remember how many unplayable builds we have seen so far. Best one was with that big ruberbanding that trew you in non-enterable room in police station.

This login problem seems to be a really hard one. It would be interesting to get more information what exactly went wrong here.

• Like 2

1gb update but no exp servers this really makes me sick !!!!!!!!  They are saying devs working so hard. But who knows where is prooff prove it

Even if servers up guess what ? I cant even join game cause 98898797989 ppl trying get into one server.  I hate 0.59 I vomit I hate it so badly.

I HAD ENAUGH !!

2igy8p2.jpg

Edited by KingofTheWorld

clap...clapp.....clap...TY, and now move on

Edited by wasnu
  • Like 1