SMoss

Exp Update: 0.60.+++

2 minutes ago, Tatanko said:

That's the issue I've been dealing with intermittently since Day 1 of 0.60 Experimental :(

This was on my pop's machine (i5-4670k / GTX970) and it was my first time running DayZ on W10. I've never seen this bug on my personal machine (i7-5930k / GTX780), which is still on W8.1.

I haven't looked at the bug tracker in the past week, but if I can find your post, I'll give it a +1.

3 minutes ago, Luc Tonnerre said:

Uhm, you sure you can't ctrl + alt + del to get into windows and then tab back into the game?

I get the black screen aswell and even though alt + tab doesn't work I still can use ctrl + alt + del to get back into the start screen.

alt-tab, ctrl-alt-del, ctrl-alt-esc, ctrl-z, ctrl-x, ctrl-q, etc., etc., I tried everything that I could think of; the PC was locked up tighter than a crab's ass!

3 minutes ago, BleedoutBill said:

alt-tab, ctrl-alt-del, ctrl-alt-esc, ctrl-z, ctrl-x, ctrl-q, etc., etc., I tried everything that I could think of; the PC was locked up tighter than a crab's ass!

Are you talking about getting a black screen when starting up DayZ? I put my computer to sleep and then turn it back on and the game loads up. I haven't found another way to fix it.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Luc Tonnerre said:

Uhm, you sure you can't ctrl + alt + del to get into windows and then tab back into the game?

I get the black screen aswell and even though alt + tab doesn't work I still can use ctrl + alt + del to get back into the start screen.

I tried everything to get out of it with no luck, including that. It's just totally locked up. My PC reboots to the desktop in less than 10 seconds, so it's not really a big deal :p

13 minutes ago, BleedoutBill said:

This was on my pop's machine (i5-4670k / GTX970) and it was my first time running DayZ on W10. I've never seen this bug on my personal machine (i7-5930k / GTX780), which is still on W8.1.

I haven't looked at the bug tracker in the past week, but if I can find your post, I'll give it a +1.

I don't have a thread of my own on it, I believe I contributed to another. I'm on Windows 10 as well...

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, FREDDIEkillz said:

Are you talking about getting a black screen when starting up DayZ? I put my computer to sleep and then turn it back on and the game loads up. I haven't found another way to fix it.

Affirmative - it crashes when first starting the game. Except for the power button, the PC is completely unresponsive. After a couple of minutes of three-finger-saluting, the mouse cursor eventually popped up, but the machine was still tied in knots.

Out of curiosity: how many FPS do you have when waiting on "Joining game..." screen?

2 minutes ago, mugur said:

Out of curiosity: how many FPS do you have when waiting on "Joining game..." screen?

It's not consistent. It could be 1fps, or 300fps, or anywhere in-between.

Have you determined that this is in any way meaningful?

usually (99%) when i am steady on 10 fps for 3-4 seconds i'm in  on the next try...

The rest is allover the place like you said.

On 13.5.2016 at 11:47 PM, BCBasher said:
1 minute ago, mugur said:

usually (99%) when i am steady on 10 fps for 3-4 seconds i'm in  on the next try...

The rest is allover the place like you said.

I have allways 9-10 FPS on my "joining screen" or with "max players reached".

There is no difference if i get an slot or not.

since this is server dependent i think we can't do shit on our side (client) :(

8 hours ago, Konfucious K said:

Man I have to say some of the little things that have been added make a huge difference and are AMAZING, I noticed today that when crawling through grass you actually flatten it making a visible mark. Does that mean we will be able to track people? Or is that only showing up locally? I play on max settings everything alllowable. (Except AA)

The flattening grass has been in for a few patches.  I would routinely use that strategy to find chickens that I had shot from long distances.  You can lay down and roll-flat, about 100 feet of grass, before the earliest bit flattened will pop back up.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Noctoras said:

This has always been a big bummer - I very much hope that thsi idea is or will be dropped

I actually like the idea because it allows greater control over the CLE. 

31 minutes ago, mugur said:

Max I've ever gotten myself is between 4-16 fps on the joining screen which is strange considering I get higher in the menus.

Edit: Are most of the US based experimental servers down by any chance?

Edited by LordBlackwolf

16 minutes ago, LordBlackwolf said:

I actually like the idea because it allows greater control over the CLE. 

yes, but it almost makes moving to certain locations mandatory. taking away some of the sandbox element

1 minute ago, Noctoras said:

yes, but it almost makes moving to certain locations mandatory. taking away some of the sandbox element

You mean military locations?

3 minutes ago, Noctoras said:

It makes nothing mandatory.  It is simply a guideline for what kinds of loot would spawn in different areas.  Remember when AK's were spawning in those tan guardhouses that are now mostly medical buildings?  It might prevent that type of thing, but I don't see any problem with that.

Maybe think of it as a more interestingly shaped sandbox, with some non-sand features.  You can actually put all kinds of bells and whistles on a sandbox, and it will still be a sandbox.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, LordBlackwolf said:

You mean military locations?

rather not, rather civilian ones. speaking of mil locations, its fine for them to hold most of the mil loot, however, a last stand of the military is unlikely to take place in barracks, so a lone AK for instance could also be found in Cherno or Tulga for instance. That's in reference to emu's post.

However, loot zones are by no means a game breaker, I just don't regard them as a plus.

Dayz story: saw a guy on the military base, west of kabanino. asked FIRST if he need anything, no gun on my hand or otherwise.

he said something but could not understand anything. then i said i know where to get a military tent if he needed. again some sort of talking but 

not intelligible. I said i don't understand a thing and i am waiting outside if he needs anything. i also said i am here for testing not for killing.

then he goes out and put 2 bullets in my head while i was witing. Based on nice interactions i've had lately (including the one with IMT) i did what i did.

Just another day in paradise i guess. This time was not IMT but a regular idiot.

I might have found an interesting fact about these crashes. I'm playing on UK 0-3 and it has gone 2 times for me now and each time it goes down the exact same servers Centrealeast 0-2 and Centraleast 0-3 are down as well. Trying to figure it out so we can all play without these constant crashes. :)

1 hour ago, mugur said:

Dayz story: saw a guy on the military base, west of kabanino. asked FIRST if he need anything, no gun on my hand or otherwise.

he said something but could not understand anything. then i said i know where to get a military tent if he needed. again some sort of talking but 

not intelligible. I said i don't understand a thing and i am waiting outside if he needs anything. i also said i am here for testing not for killing.

then he goes out and put 2 bullets in my head while i was witing. Based on nice interactions i've had lately (including the one with IMT) i did what i did.

Just another day in paradise i guess. This time was not IMT but a regular idiot.

I'm sorry for you man. I'm actually conducting some sort of social experiment as we speak. I'm running around the towns near the coast (not the big cities) to see who's friendly and who's not. So far I met 1 person which was friendly but I don't know if he had ammo for his gun because he was quite fresh.

So I wonder how long it will take and how many encounters before someone gets hostile on me. I'm not carrying a gun and try to speak to them if I see them first so they shouldn't feel threatened by me.

• Like 1

Well... i did not only tried to speak, but to really help him. I quess the gun he found inside was all he needed. Maybe tomorrow i will try to find you if you tell me the server name. I am to tired now.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, mugur said:

Well... i did not only tried to speak, but to really help him. I quess the gun he found inside was all he needed. Maybe tomorrow i will try to find you if you tell me the server name. I am to tired now.

I like the idea of finding out how many squeakers out are actually playing and will most likely start doing the same thing next time I play.

• Like 2

Alright UK 0-3 stayed up for approximately if not exactly 1 hour. And again the same servers crashed at the same time. UK 0-3, US Centraleast 0-2, US Centraleast 0-3 and US Northeast 0-3.

This can't be a coincidence because it is the third time I notice these servers crash at the same time.

44 minutes ago, mugur said:

You can always find me on TeamSpeak when I play, hit me up there and we can meet up. PM me for the address if you're interested. :)

32 minutes ago, LordBlackwolf said:

I like the idea of finding out how many squeakers out are actually playing and will most likely start doing the same thing next time I play.

Met two people so far. One where we only exchanged "hello" and one person I asked if he needed anything and he was very happy that I gave him food because he was starving. Both didn't have their gun out so I wonder how that will pan out when I find someone who has their gun out.

Edited by IMT

1 hour ago, IMT said:

I might have found an interesting fact about these crashes. I'm playing on UK 0-3 and it has gone 2 times for me now and each time it goes down the exact same servers Centrealeast 0-2 and Centraleast 0-3 are down as well. Trying to figure it out so we can all play without these constant crashes. :)

I'm sorry for you man. I'm actually conducting some sort of social experiment as we speak. I'm running around the towns near the coast (not the big cities) to see who's friendly and who's not. So far I met 1 person which was friendly but I don't know if he had ammo for his gun because he was quite fresh.

So I wonder how long it will take and how many encounters before someone gets hostile on me. I'm not carrying a gun and try to speak to them if I see them first so they shouldn't feel threatened by me.

You should try that at NW Airfield :-O

• Like 2

After almost 1 hour the server crashed again and again it was UK 0-3, US Centraleast 0-2 and US Centraleast 0-3. I really hope this pattern helps the developers out to crush this bug. :)

1 minute ago, Excanto said:

You should try that at NW Airfield :-O

That is indeed interesting, I might do that. Wonder how fast I will die.