SMoss

Exp Update: 0.60.+++

1 minute ago, imunone said:

servers up right now? Only find two Test Servers with 0.60... 

Yes I unchecked passworded, checked full servers, ping 700, filter "experimental"

They all seem to have went down and disappeared. Hopefully they'll be up soon.

• Like 1

try to dupe some shit guys, test the game instead like 98% of the players - including streamers just play it for fun, it`s not a test at all. 

Yep all servers besides the test and the test 40 are down.

1 minute ago, ori42 said:

try to dupe some shit guys, test the game instead like 98% of the players - including streamers just play it for fun, it`s not a test at all. 

I've been trying to get where I can test stuff but as soon as I logged in I had some loser trying to knock me out, died from poisoning (my fault), and just started heading north to find more items to test things out.

• Like 4

Might go bandage my fingers or eat something then, before I drop dead from from clicking join for the last 7 hours or so..

22 minutes ago, IMT said:

-snip-

I just got in a server and it kicked me out again with message "Connection lost". Most people can play after 30 minutes of trying but trying 5 hours to play just 10 minutes is ridiculous!

It has taken me 30 minutes to 1+ hour to be able to join a server.

From the first hour the patch was released yesterday I played 2 sessions probably equal to around 4 hours combined after trying to connect throughout a 12 hour period.

Is this good?

No.

Is it "acceptable"?

Well, yeah, all things considered, it is.

Gary, Dudester, Bleedout Bill, and myself were on the longest consecutive time together in TS3 and we heard the results of everybodies independent spamming attempts.

In the end, most of us managed to connect only twice each, and I think 1 person might have only connected once.

There was a lot groaning, crying, complaining, damning of the devs, etc, but mostly in the form of frustrated jest.

When you talk about the experimental crew here as such exceptional players I think it actually does us a disservice.

Many players do a lot of the types of stuff we do but just don't contribute here or maybe anywhere else but in the game.

I understand that the majority of the people you are competing with to play experimental do not usually care to play experimental branch at all but this does not make their desire to try it any less valid than yours, no matter how much science you produce.

I have suggested that there be a passworded experimental server for us regulars, and I do believe this would encourage A LOT of good science but I also do not believe they will ever do this especially when you consider a process for choosing who gets in and who doesn't and who can we trust with the password....

Stay strong, this too shall pass!

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣
  • Like 5

Dev team tweeted the exp. servers will be down for about an hour.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mugur said:

Servers says "bad version" now...

They are going offline for an "hour or so" for a small update  . See the Twitter post above .

• Like 1

I appreciate people bringing tweet info over as I do not have a twitter account nor do I care to follow more than the official forum.

Thanks.

• Like 4

Now comes the fun of finding something to do that'll occupy us for the hour or so before we have to come back and start spamming connect again.

• Like 1

Well, the major headache of patch 0.59 is without doubts all the dupes on the coast on stable - so I wish it was fixed on exp. 0.60 patch. 

The main reason for that - is that people who dupe don`t bother to play the game properly - they seldom go inland to gear up so some 0.59 servers feels empty based on that fact - those are important for the game, and I hope that the dev. team have looked into in this patch 0.60. 

5 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

It has taken me 30 minutes to 1 hour to be able to join a server.

From the first hour the patch was released yesterday I played 2 sessions probably equal to around 4 hours combined after trying to connect throughout a 12 hour period.

Is this good?

No.

Is it "acceptable"?

Well, yeah, all things considered, it is.

Gary, Dudester, Bleedout Bill, and myself were on the longest consecutive time together in TS3 and we heard the results of everybodies independent spamming attempts.

In the end, most of us managed to connect only twice each, and I think 1 person might have only connected once.

There was a lot groaning, crying, complaining, damning of the devs, etc, but mostly in the form of frustrated jest.

When you talk about the experimental crew here as such exceptional players I think it actually does us a disservice.

Many players do a lot of the types of stuff we do but just don't contribute here or maybe anywhere else but in the game.

I understand that the majority of the people you are competing with to play experimental do not usually care to play experimental branch at all but this does not make their desire to try it any less valid than yours, no matter how much science you produce.

I have suggested that there be a passworded experimental server for us regulars, and I do believe this would encourage A LOT of good science but I also do not believe they will ever do this especially when you consider a process for choosing who gets in and who doesn't and who can we trust with the password....

Stay strong, this too shall pass!

Hmm, I thought I was the only one which couldn't get in for such a very long time. I don't mind if I have to wait a bit to join a server but in these 5 hours I could have played another game. But you don't want to do that just yet because you might get in a server.

And I understand that the patch took so long but they took so long to give us a patch which was playable in-game and a lot of us can't even get to that point. Taking all that time the opposite happened now. I don't mind bad Experimental patches which are barely playable which crash every hour or what ever. At least you get to play then and don't need to wait half a year for a patch which most people can't even play.

I'll keep trying and when I get in there is no way I'm leaving that server until my playsession is done.

• Like 1

BUG REPORT:

When taking a cooked chicken breast off of a stick, my client crashes.  This has happened twice now for the same thing.  Eating the meat directly off of the stick works fine, but dragging it off of the stick and into your inventory crashes.  I would try to repro more tan once, but it's hard enough getting into a server as is...

From the looks of it they added more players to the servers, from 50 to 60.  Prob won't make much difference, LOL...

• Like 4

Well I tried for 7 hours last night to not get in at all, Wednesdays evenings are my scheduled alone time so I would have been clicking at something for hours on end either way.

I'm just telling myself they need the slots filled for the game to progress and this is the best quickest way to do it. It's nothing personal because I still believe for the most part they know what they're doing.

I'd like to give a warm welcome to the community to all the 1-100 post posters who made an appearance to tell the devs how experimental is supposed to work. I was just thinking how the game didn't have enough push button get cheese trained rodents to steer this game into an instant gratification simulator like every other game on the market.

Got shit to do this afternoon but a free dance card all evening. Looking forward to actually getting in after fighting to do so, a game within a game if you will. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, IMT said:

Hmm, I thought I was the only one which couldn't get in for such a very long time. I don't mind if I have to wait a bit to join a server but in these 5 hours I could have played another game. But you don't want to do that just yet because you might get in a server.

And I understand that the patch took so long but they took so long to give us a patch which was playable in-game and a lot of us can't even get to that point. Taking all that time the opposite happened now. I don't mind bad Experimental patches which are barely playable which crash every hour or what ever. At least you get to play then and don't need to wait half a year for a patch which most people can't even play.

I'll keep trying and when I get in there is no way I'm leaving that server until my playsession is done.

Yeah, this really really sucks and the fact that you have not got in yet, I 100% sympathize with.

I would be extremely upset if I was reading all this and was locked out too.

Look at it this way: Would you rather have the memory error odin has and have 0% chance to play?

After reading through the posts, I'm glad I was watching Corrosion of Conformity and Lamb of God live last night oblivious to what was going on. Kinda happy I don't follow the forums much anymore unless I'm at my pc. I saw them in memphis but this is a cool show too. Watch and think about other things while you wait.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, haven923 said:

BUG REPORT:

When taking a cooked chicken breast off of a stick, my client crashes.  This has happened twice now for the same thing.  Eating the meat directly off of the stick works fine, but dragging it off of the stick and into your inventory crashes.  I would try to repro more tan once, but it's hard enough getting into a server as is...

Fill bug reports here: https://forums.dayz.com/forum/151-060-experimental-bugs-repro-steps-screenshots-videos-and-crash-dumps-massively-helps-development-thanks-for-your-support/

Tried to get in a bunch.  Failed to connect over and over.  No thanks.

20 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Yeah, this really really sucks and the fact that you have not got in yet, I 100% sympathize with.

I would be extremely upset if I was reading all this and was locked out too.

Look at it this way: Would you rather have the memory error odin has and have 0% chance to play?

Well I played a bunch after the update so that's that. Now all my hard feelings are gone.

So here was my experience:

It was a short life though because obviously the first person I meet wants to bash my face in with an axe. Combat was very very laggy though. No idea how they can hit me and I can't hit them. After fighting for a minute I suddenly get shot by a Magnum. Spawned in at the new Cherno and bam server gone.

But the performance was really great and definitely worth the 5 hour wait. Might perhaps try again another time. :) The game plays completely different now, which I already expected. There was not much loot so yeah, I love this patch already!

• Like 1