SMoss

Exp Update: 0.60.+++

Just now, LordBlackwolf said:

Server stress testing is being done regardless of how long you've played. I was able to play for a few hours myself this morning before being kicked and haven't been able to get back on since.

Good point, it would be dumb to put up a bunch of servers unless they know they're going to work. I can't imagine much more of a stressful test for the servers than the one being done now xD

My GPU is LOVING this patch! Point-sixty is far out, man.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, -Gews- said:

My GPU is LOVING this patch! Point-sixty is far out, man.-snip-

Shrooms finally released!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, -Gews- said:

holly shit !! well that looks like a worst case scenario if i ever seen one for dayz haha !

lets us know how you go fixing it 

6 minutes ago, -Gews- said:

That's one hell of an acid trip you've got going there. You may want to lay off as it's bad for you! ;)

• Like 1

Acid trip?

Far Cry 4 did it ... or was that The Simpsons?

7 minutes ago, liquidcactus said:

lets us know how you go fixing it 

Actually just tabbing out and back, not really a problem. Occurs under the same circumstances, or sometimes when changing certain graphics options. I had to film it since the Shadowplay recordings looked completely normal. According to HWMonitor nothing is even close to overheating, so...

3 hours ago, joe_mcentire said:

me too on 150%. can ultrawide be a reason?

Still haven't been in game but checked my setting right off the bat and mine was still set at 100% on my 16:3.

3 hours ago, joe_mcentire said:

just in need for a short confirmation:

• heavy flickering of textures (extreme with vsync off; far better with vsync on)
  • render resolution cannot be altered
  • clouds are disabled and cannot be enabled

3 hours ago, BleedoutBill said:

2 - Most everyone stuck at 200%, although Tatanko reports being stuck at 150%.

3 hours ago, BleedoutBill said:

I don't think so. I thought Tatanko had about a 26" or a 28" 16x9 monitor, but I don't clearly remember the spec. I just remember that he got a new monitor about 8-9 months ago.

I have a 25" 1440p (2560x1440 -- 16x9, widescreen, 60Hz) monitor. The fix for me was to delete the DayZ.cfg file (in my Documents->DayZ folder) and let the game create a new one the next time I launched it. You may need to fix a few settings via the in-game menu, but that should reset you to 100%. I've heard mixed reports about being able to change it after that, but in my opinion most people should just leave it at 100% anyway.

Clouds are in fact disabled, and HDR can't be set any higher than "Very Low." You can actually select "Low" for HDR but I haven't been able to get it to save.

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 3

Also, by my count, there are now 67 varieties of infected:

Hermit Skinny (Male) -- Beige, Black, Green, Red
Farmer Fat (Male) -- Beige, Blue, Brown, Green
Citizen A Normal (Female) -- Brown, Blue
Citizen B Fat (Male) -- Red, Green
Citizen B Skinny (Female) -- N/A
Prisoner Skinny (Male) -- N/A
Firefighter Normal (Male) -- N/A
Fisherman Old (Male) -- Blue, Green, Grey, Red
Journalist Normal (Female) -- Blue, Green, Red, White
Paramedic Normal -- Blue, Green, Red, Black
Paramedic Normal (Female) -- Blue, Green, Red
Hiker Skinny (Male) -- Green, Yellow
Hiker Skinny (Female) -- Blue, Grey, Green, Red
Hunter Old (Male) -- Autumn, Spring, Summer, Winter
Survivor Normal (Female) -- Blue, Orange, Red, White
Survivor Dean (Male) -- Black, Blue, Grey
Policeman Fat (Male) -- N/A
Policewoman Normal (Female) -- N/A
Soldier Normal (Male) -- N/A
Commercial Pilot Old (Male) -- Olive, Brown, Grey
Patrol Normal (Male) -- PautRev, Autumn, Flat, Summer
Jogger Skinny (Male) -- Blue, Green, Red
Jogger Skinny (Female) -- Blue, Brown, Green, Red
Motobiker Fat (Male) -- Beige, Black
Villager Old (Male) -- Blue, Green
Skater Young (Female) -- Brown, Violet
Doctor Skinny (Female) -- N/A

• Like 9

Anyone else get the

Warning Bad vehicle type Ammo_308Win_20Rnd error message screen when they first load in?

1 minute ago, cgdeth said:

Anyone else get the

Warning Bad vehicle type Ammo_308Win_20Rnd error message screen when they first load in?

Read the very first post about possible errors and you'll see the one you posted mentioned.

Am I stupid or just unlucky?

Just settled in and no exp servers?

*edit* stupid maybe, my full servers went back to being filtered. 

Edited by BCBasher

3 minutes ago, BCBasher said:

Am I stupid or just unlucky?

Just settled in and no exp servers?

I'm showing servers but not as many as there should be for some reason.

1 minute ago, LordBlackwolf said:

Same here. After getting kicked my total exp servers listed is 12, where as a few hours ago it was over 20.

3 minutes ago, LordBlackwolf said:

A few have gone down and not returned, including both AUS servers and one of the SNG servers.

3.5 million players and 15 .60 servers way to go DayZ just another fail............I am going back to making bio fuel in H1Z1 I don't have time to spam my enter button all night....................

Just now, ottos_funhouse said:

3.5 million players and 15 .60 servers way to go DayZ just another fail............I am going back to making bio fuel in H1Z1 I don't have time to spam my enter button all night....................

Its just experimental, they are trying to fix bugs and glitches exct before releasing it fully. Calm down, make some bio fuel and wait for stable. 

ALLRIGHT!!! Home and time to start clicking baby yah! Connect..Connect..Connect..yah baby!

Just now, Excanto said:

ALLRIGHT!!! Home and time to start clicking baby yah! Connect..Connect..Connect..yah baby!

Is that how everyone gets on the servers? I've tried mashing my enter button but I don't want to break it off.

10 minutes ago, ottos_funhouse said:

Calm down????? its been 3 years in Alpha I have been calm this is just another FAIL............................

Quit DayZ if you're that disappointed in it and stick with lame ass clones like h1z1 and stop posting claims that it's another fail as if armchair programmers such as yourself seem to think it's easy to make games the scope of dayZ.

• Like 4

This release was handled poorly and I would hope Bohemia can take some kind of constructive lesson from these last couple of days.

I feel they must have known the amount of players that would be interested but did very little to accommodate them.... and the result is a complete:

clusterfuck

Military term for an operation in which multiple things have gone wrong. Related to "SNAFU" (Situation Normal, All Fucked Up") and "FUBAR" (Fucked Up Beyond All Repair).

In radio communication or polite conversation (i.e. with a very senior officer with whom you have no prior experience) the term "clusterfuck" will often be replaced by the NATO phonetic acronym "Charlie Foxtrot."

By the time the artillery came in the enemy was already on top of us. It was a total clusterfuck.

• Like 6

As some others may have mentioned. It seems the Aus exp servers have been down for a long time now. I haven't bothered spamming any enter key to get into any server as of yet.. trying to wait till it calms down which by the looks could be weeks hahaa....     sadface

Can anyone please confirm for me if zombie numbers are increased or not ?